SELECT CONTENT

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: *No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2

Post by LibbyBell Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:34 pm

murasaki1393 wrote:
JBF wrote:

Ooof! I would LIKE to say, for the sake of her fans, that indicates Nikki is F1. Yeah... Sean may have used "like" with Catherine EARLY in the season... I can't remember exactly. However, the leads generally keep their traps shut during Fantasy Date time. In theory, they should be at least "falling in love" by then even though we all know The Relationship only officially begins at FRC.

here we go again,....from my perspective, Venezuelan Like is night-and-day different than American Like...just as Venezuelan Its OK couldn't be more different than American Its OK. Perhaps they should had JPab explain it to the viewers and the ladies in a half episode alone, BEFORE the season began. Rolling Eyes 

IMO, Juan Pablo is saying "like" because he CAN'T say "love" yet; not because he doesn't have those feelings. I also think he purposefully used like instead of love to CH because he didn't want to tip his hand to TPTB and let them in on his feelings.

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2 - Page 19 Empty Re: *No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:44 pm

LibbyBell wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:
JBF wrote:

Ooof! I would LIKE to say, for the sake of her fans, that indicates Nikki is F1. Yeah... Sean may have used "like" with Catherine EARLY in the season... I can't remember exactly. However, the leads generally keep their traps shut during Fantasy Date time. In theory, they should be at least "falling in love" by then even though we all know The Relationship only officially begins at FRC.

here we go again,....from my perspective, Venezuelan Like is night-and-day different than American Like...just as Venezuelan Its OK couldn't be more different than American Its OK. Perhaps they should had JPab explain it to the viewers and the ladies in a half episode alone, BEFORE the season began. Rolling Eyes 

IMO, Juan Pablo is saying "like" because he CAN'T say "love" yet; not because he doesn't have those feelings. I also think he purposefully used like instead of love to CH because he didn't want to tip his hand to TPTB and let them in on his feelings.

could be....it makes good sense to me, LB . However, i still think there is cultural impact on his choice of words, JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:24 pm

I still think that the editors show us certain things and hide others for a reason. It is the story they are trying to tell us.

And that is where I find it hard to think that they are showing it with Clare. Yes they have shown the can't keep our hands of each other scenario clearly and often. Clare IMO is a very touchy-feely person. She has the whole pouting fish-lips and come hither eye movements down pat. Plenty of practice me thinks. Those flirty actions don't just come because she met the "love of her life" on a TV show. Nope that is part of her persona. There are other signs that I know many will not like or agree but those will keep.
I see JP reacting to her cues. Constantly. He is behaving as his environment dictates which is flirty and physical.
I have yet to see the relationship storyline emerging from each episode with the perhaps slight exception of the FD where the BL seemed off to me. Her 1st 1on1 date was centered around her daddy issues, her second 1on1 time in ep3 was centered around her not having time with him (wait your turn lady) triggered by her jealous tantrum re Sharlene which she actually lied to him. Ep4 had her focusing on getting JP to kiss her and then being upset with Nikki, ep5 was midnight swim and the fallout, ep6 was the whole apology/NON-apology issues, ep7 he sent her back to the hotel after flirting with her. Her HTD had big sister issues and their resolution. Oh and a lot of daddy talk. For goodness sake she is a 32 year old adult not a 13 year old girl that has just lost her father. Of course he had to empathize with her.

I see just conflict resolution and entitlement issues alternating throughout every episode.
Is that her storyline together with the physical chemistry ? Seems so.

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by 4health Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:28 pm

murasaki1393 wrote:
LibbyBell wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:
JBF wrote:

could be....it makes good sense to me, LB . However, i still think there is cultural impact on his choice of words, JMO.

I can see what you all are saying…but I re-watched and he did say I like you…like (kiss) to Nikki….but he also told ansi "I like you" and continued to say "I like Andi" during their break up.   I re-watched Clare's declaration also (CC) when she was continuing when he said come here….it's okay he whispered "I like it"…..so it is hard to tell with this lead what direction his thoughts are….I thought it was interesting also during the dinner talk with Andi he said to ask questions and talk during the overnights.  My thought was he would feel more open and comfortable to talk important stuff with out the cameras rolling….so just another point of view.

4health

Female Posts : 1493

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabel123 Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:32 pm

nd4reality wrote:I still think that the editors show us certain things and hide others  for a reason. It is the story they are trying to tell us.

And that is where I find it hard to think that they are showing it with Clare. Yes they have shown the can't keep our hands of each other scenario clearly and often. Clare IMO is a very touchy-feely person. She has the whole pouting fish-lips and come hither eye movements down pat. Plenty of practice me thinks. Those flirty actions don't just come because she met the "love of her life" on a TV show. Nope that is part of her persona. There are other signs that I know many will not like or agree but those will keep.
I see JP reacting to her cues. Constantly. He is behaving as his environment dictates which is flirty and physical.
I have yet to see the relationship storyline emerging from each episode with the perhaps slight exception of the FD where the BL seemed off to me. Her 1st 1on1 date was centered around her daddy issues, her second 1on1 time in ep3 was centered  around her not having time with him (wait your turn lady) triggered by  her jealous tantrum re Sharlene which she actually lied to him. Ep4 had her focusing on getting JP to kiss her and then being upset with Nikki, ep5 was midnight swim and the fallout, ep6 was the whole apology/NON-apology issues, ep7 he sent her back to the hotel after flirting with her. Her HTD had big sister issues and their resolution. Oh and a lot of daddy talk. For goodness sake she is a 32 year old adult not a 13 year old girl that has just lost her father. Of course he had to empathize with her.

I see just conflict resolution and entitlement issues alternating throughout every episode.

Great observations nd4reality.
Isabel123
Isabel123

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:32 pm

nd4reality wrote:I still think that the editors show us certain things and hide others  for a reason. It is the story they are trying to tell us.

I have yet to see the relationship storyline emerging from each episode with the perhaps slight exception of the FD where the BL seemed off to me. Her 1st 1on1 date was centered around her daddy issues, her second 1on1 time in ep3 was centered  around her not having time with him (wait your turn lady) triggered by  her jealous tantrum re Sharlene which she actually lied to him. Ep4 had her focusing on getting JP to kiss her and then being upset with Nikki, ep5 was midnight swim and the fallout, ep6 was the whole apology/NON-apology issues, ep7 he sent her back to the hotel after flirting with her. Her HTD had big sister issues and their resolution. Oh and a lot of daddy talk. For goodness sake she is a 32 year old adult not a 13 year old girl that has just lost her father. Of course he had to empathize with her.

Are you saying we are getting 2 seasons for the price of 1: JP as bachelor and Clare as bachelorette? One storyline a fairy tale romance; the other not?

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by 4health Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:12 pm

So re-watching (M & G) in the beginning where they highlight some of the bachelorettes on the season both Nikki and Clare were highlighted. If you watch it each girl states their so called "storyline" maybe?? it sure seems like it to me.

Nikki: talks about her wants, job the end she says: PI "JP is very sexy, very sexy, VO I don't know what is going to happen and I am excited about that, I could be totally in love, I could leave totally heartbroken, but I think this will be an experience of a life time."

Clare: Dad focus, family focused - talks about video, at the end - VO "I beyond excited to meet him, it can't come soon enough, a man that loves his daughter that much, he could love me that much."

JuanP: what he is looking for (when his at the airport and Camilla runs to him) the VO "I am so excited, and a wife that understands and appreciates family. That is what I am looking for."

These VO are edited in on purpose. It is the storyline and we can't ignore it…I found it interesting that even Nikki speaks of him "his sexy" just like JP talks about her "she's sexy" "Nikki is sexy" and then FD is it got really "hot" really fast. It makes me think that tptb sees Nikki's as the sexy hot chemistry storyline….

I am just thinking out load because there is nothing else to sleuth. HaHA

4health

Female Posts : 1493

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:21 pm

iamreal2u wrote:Jp comes from a family that is very interested in history and architecture.  Nikki's dates all attested to this.  Her dates were not the normal tourist jaunts.   Starting in Vietnam JuanPa came to realize that he can have a conversation with her(he got more comfortable with her.)  They toured the Vietnamese landmark Marble Mountain and then Hell Cave which also had quite a few historical artifacts.  Maybe he saw her being a better fit in his family.  The subsequent dates were the marvel of the OGO, Hobbitton, World War I memorial and finally for the FD he wanted to prove that he could be a cowboy( Andrew Kimmel,one of the producers, called him the Venezuela Cowboy).  I think what startled him was her friendship with Andi.  He was surprise by Andi's attitude so he started to question himself and what he was seeing in Nikki.  I am so looking forward to MTP and LCD to see if they can get over the hump.
Great post Iamreal2. clapping! 
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:25 pm

mprssdbyu wrote:I will say Nikki's no filter got her in trouble with JuanPa at least a little before all was said and done. Post show, I'm sure he was unhappy with her, Clare's crazy which includes her family, too. If she's going to sport Juan Pablo on her arm, he'll have no more of that...
At least Nikki was honest and told Juan about her flaws; so, he may not be too surprise by anything said on the show. jmo
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:41 pm

ND, I could not have said the better.  Excellent post! High clap High clap bowdown bowdown

Last edited by 2observe on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ETA: added the word "not")
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:34 pm

mprssdbyu wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
mprssdbyu wrote:I will say Nikki's no filter got her in trouble with JuanPa at least a little before all was said and done. Post show, I'm sure he was unhappy with her, Clare's crazy which includes her family, too. If she's going to sport Juan Pablo on her arm, he'll have no more of that...
Is it fair to dub names on either of the women, especially when you include the family into the equation like calling her family crazy??
Auntie...I was quoting Nikki. I don't think Clare is crazy at all but then again I'm not in love with JP.
Ok, thanks. Sorry about the confussion.  bestbud! 

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:48 pm

Pffft! What is there to spoil THIS night? OK OK.. I'll use the spoiler icons.

Recap: The Women Tell More Than We Need To Hear

Spoiler:

Last edited by JBF on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:02 am; edited 3 times in total
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 37 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2

+45
glazedover
atem
sparkler
marriedtoabaritone
Luvstruck