SELECT CONTENT

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2

Page 1 of 37 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2 Empty *No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2

Post by nd4reality Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Please Post all Edit Discussions in this thread

Last edited by nd4reality on Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2 Empty Re: *No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2

Post by Litta123 Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:38 pm

^^Thanks, nd, for creating this. Can you edit it to say #2 as this would be our second thread...again, thanks!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2 Empty Re: *No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2

Post by nd4reality Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:03 pm

duh sorry

Teaches me to try and do this stuff while jumping to meetings.

Reality has precedence over reality eh ?

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by deeliciouz Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:19 pm

Just posted a link to this one on the old thread. Have been loving all the discussion on here. :)

---
I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. - Audrey Hepburn
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
deeliciouz
deeliciouz

Female Posts : 959

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:11 am

I am not going to use ”spoiler” caps here, since this is just your typical… average episode. Just don’t read any further if you haven’t seen it yet and are paranoid I will reveal too much.

Episode 9 Recap: Hometowns… honestly.

They are really milking “honestly” this episode.

Kansas City… lots of cattle… and mechanical bulls

Most impressive feat on this date (aside from Juan’s endurance on the mechanical bull): Juan and Nikki’s teeth remaining Colgate White despite all of the barbecue sauce consumed.

The second half of the date whipped so fast; I think it barely lasted five minutes. Nikki talks so fast, I can’t keep up. Then again, tonight’s episode IS sponsored by the new movie NEED FOR SPEED.

The fact that she couldn’t tell him she loves him might be a “red flag” of sorts… this time around. Her gal-pal Pookie admits on her hometown that she’s “not there yet”, but Nikki keeps trying to convince herself that she’s in love… on camera… with much hesitation and eyes seldom focused on us.

Daddy Tom is the greatest Daddy in the world. He accepts Juan after pretty much only discussing airplane travel. (Yes… I know… other stuff was talked about, but we viewers are impoverished again.) Not only that, he supports Nikki hooking up with ANYBODY regardless if it is Juan Pablo or Justin Bieber or the mechanical bull.

Atlanta… in The South you are only a man if you shoot straight

Pookie’s words. From now on, we will call her Pookie, since her family calls her that.

Critter alert: Canada geese on her date, just like Clare.

The “Freudianisms” run rampant during the first half of this date. Pookie is “salvatating” over Juan shooting a bulls-eye with his little gun. Yup… this episode is full of bull. Juan’s “bullseye” here and Nikki’s mechanical bull.

Hi Hy! He may be a tougher Daddy than Nikki’s, but I am finding myself agreeing with everything that comes out of Hy’s mouth. This includes the best line of the show: “The person that is going to be good enough for my daughter is going to come to me and say there is no one else in the world for me.” Juan wants his approval if he proposes and Hy tells us point blank on screen: “I hardly know the guy”. He is very gentle with Juan despite how the promos teased.

However, once the door shuts behind the happy couple, Mom comments that SHE wasn’t asked permission of a proposal. Dah-am Juan! What’s wrong with you?

Sarasota… Ben, baseball and beaches

Visiting the Mommy of all Mommies: Renee. She literally wants to eat her son after being away. She should try the Kansas City barbecue sauce on him, since Juan’s eyes lit up like a pinball machine when he tasted it with Nikki. She and Juan meet up with Little Ben on the baseball field and I somehow find myself blubbering a bit with the reunion.

Bird check: pelicans and gulls, the latter eating their meal on the beach over the end credits.

Nikki and Rene have this nice parallel edit going on… both delaying their first kiss on group dates, then both failing to say “I wuv you” to Juan. Key difference here is Renee going a step further in her PI sessions by adding the “madly crazy” to her “falling in love with him”.

We got to see her converse with both of her parents. Mom Brenda even comments on Renee’s “sparkle”, reminding me of my favorite contestant in Sean’s season… Tierra. We got to see her gush about the prospect of Juan becoming stepdaddy to Ben. Only one thing was missing: no mention of her potentially becoming stepmommy to Camilla.

Sacramento… FINALLY… a date in which Juan looks focused!

Major difference in body language on this date. His hands are all over her in a way they aren’t on the previous dates. Like Pookie’s date, the Freudianisms are running rampant. Bees pollinating flowers. Juan happy Clare is “opening up” like all of the blossoms in display. Clare expecting a HUGE night with him.

Good sisters: Lisa and Madeline
Bad sister and counterpart to Negative Nikki in Clare’s eyes: Lara

Yet Lara is easily tamed by the Venezuelan Zorro. Mom too. Nice Spanish with English subtitles here.

Guess the show is over, but we still need Fantasy Suite drama tomorrow?

Loews’ hotels are giving them a discount this season

What struck me here is how Clare, Pookie and Renee all gushed about Juan in PI sessions as they lined up for the rose ceremony. Nikki got crickets on screen as she stood by Clare alone. Wow! Does she even like the guy?

Renee’s exit was predictably heartbreaking and the tears were everywhere.

Tomorrow’s previews… oh just get it over with! This season is exhausting me. The more they promote the drama, the more I suspect to be disappointed.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by quietpal Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:18 am

I love your recap, JBF!

quietpal

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:19 am

Awww... thanks! I hope I didn't spoil you. On the Eastern time zone, I guess?
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:31 am

JBF. Thanks for the recap. Since Clare was the first date he seem really excited, but at the end I was not sure how he was feeling. They do have some hot physical attraction but is that enough. Nikki's date was interesting. I think they are trying to hide to much. Did you see they rode the bull together umm. Andi's dad was laughing so much. He could not believe the BS. Renee I felt sorry for because she really saw something there and I think he wanted to feel something but it was not happening.

Need to watch again.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by quietpal Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:34 am

JBF wrote:Awww... thanks! I hope I didn't spoil you. On the Eastern time zone, I guess?
No you didn't. I got to watch the episode too!

quietpal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:40 am

JBF wrote:I am not going to use ”spoiler” caps here, since this is just your typical… average episode. Just don’t read any further if you haven’t seen it yet and are paranoid I will reveal too much.

Episode 9 Recap: Hometowns… honestly.

They are really milking “honestly” this episode.

Kansas City… lots of cattle… and mechanical bulls

Most impressive feat on this date (aside from Juan’s endurance on the mechanical bull): Juan and Nikki’s teeth remaining Colgate White despite all of the barbecue sauce consumed.

The second half of the date whipped so fast; I think it barely lasted five minutes. Nikki talks so fast, I can’t keep up. Then again, tonight’s episode IS sponsored by the new movie NEED FOR SPEED.

The fact that she couldn’t tell him she loves him might be a “red flag” of sorts… this time around. Her gal-pal Pookie admits on her hometown that she’s “not there yet”, but Nikki keeps trying to convince herself that she’s in love… on camera… with much hesitation and eyes seldom focused on us.

Daddy Tom is the greatest Daddy in the world. He accepts Juan after pretty much only discussing airplane travel. (Yes… I know… other stuff was talked about, but we viewers are impoverished again.) Not only that, he supports Nikki hooking up with ANYBODY regardless if it is Juan Pablo or Justin Bieber or the mechanical bull.

Atlanta… in The South you are only a man if you shoot straight

Pookie’s words. From now on, we will call her Pookie, since her family calls her that.

Critter alert: Canada geese on her date, just like Clare.

The “Freudianisms” run rampant during the first half of this date. Pookie is “salvatating” over Juan shooting a bulls-eye with his little gun. Yup… this episode is full of bull. Juan’s “bullseye” here and Nikki’s mechanical bull.

Hi Hy! He may be a tougher Daddy than Nikki’s, but I am finding myself agreeing with everything that comes out of Hy’s mouth. This includes the best line of the show: “The person that is going to be good enough for my daughter is going to come to me and say there is no one else in the world for me.” Juan wants his approval if he proposes and Hy tells us point blank on screen: “I hardly know the guy”. He is very gentle with Juan despite how the promos teased.

However, once the door shuts behind the happy couple, Mom comments that SHE wasn’t asked permission of a proposal. Dah-am Juan! What’s wrong with you?

Sarasota… Ben, baseball and beaches

Visiting the Mommy of all Mommies: Renee. She literally wants to eat her son after being away. She should try the Kansas City barbecue sauce on him, since Juan’s eyes lit up like a pinball machine when he tasted it with Nikki. She and Juan meet up with Little Ben on the baseball field and I somehow find myself blubbering a bit with the reunion.

Bird check: pelicans and gulls, the latter eating their meal on the beach over the end credits.

Nikki and Rene have this nice parallel edit going on… both delaying their first kiss on group dates, then both failing to say “I wuv you” to Juan. Key difference here is Renee going a step further in her PI sessions by adding the “madly crazy” to her “falling in love with him”.

We got to see her converse with both of her parents. Mom Brenda even comments on Renee’s “sparkle”, reminding me of my favorite contestant in Sean’s season… Tierra. We got to see her gush about the prospect of Juan becoming stepdaddy to Ben. Only one thing was missing: no mention of her potentially becoming stepmommy to Camilla.

Sacramento… FINALLY… a date in which Juan looks focused!

Major difference in body language on this date. His hands are all over her in a way they aren’t on the previous dates. Like Pookie’s date, the Freudianisms are running rampant. Bees pollinating flowers. Juan happy Clare is “opening up” like all of the blossoms in display. Clare expecting a HUGE night with him.

Good sisters: Lisa and Madeline
Bad sister and counterpart to Negative Nikki in Clare’s eyes: Lara

Yet Lara is easily tamed by the Venezuelan Zorro. Mom too. Nice Spanish with English subtitles here.

Guess the show is over, but we still need Fantasy Suite drama tomorrow?

Loews’ hotels are giving them a discount this season

What struck me here is how Clare, Pookie and Renee all gushed about Juan in PI sessions as they lined up for the rose ceremony. Nikki got crickets on screen as she stood by Clare alone. Wow! Does she even like the guy?

Renee’s exit was predictably heartbreaking and the tears were everywhere.

Tomorrow’s previews… oh just get it over with! This season is exhausting me. The more they promote the drama, the more I suspect to be disappointed.

May i say, Nikki's dad now place in No.2. in my Daddy-crush book? (after Sean's dad, Jay, of course  giggling )

gee..get outta my head, JBF..LOL....i was thinking exactly the same about the bolded. Its strange!!.... question ..wonky season, indeed  Suspect 

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:09 am

I genuinely thought Nikki could be The One at the start of the season (i.e. just go back to my first two recaps), then made a sudden turnaround when I re-watched Clare's 1 on 1. From a body language standpoint, he is completely different with her than anybody else. Yes I do understand that the editors can hide a connection with plenty of lop and chop too... and that is where I can sometimes... weakly... try to build a case for the other ladies. Every season we debate if F1 is a "default" choice or if it was "love at first sight" simply because the Bachelor/ette is often very good with the BS in their PI sessions and faking some of the body language. Yet I don't think Juan is capable of faking anything... and this leads me to believe the lightning bolt hit the moment she arrived "knocked up" out of the limo.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:13 am

Doesn't who gets the rose first mean something? Nikki keeps getting the first rose, might be a clue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 37 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2

+45
glazedover
atem
sparkler
marriedtoabaritone
Luvstruck