SELECT CONTENT

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2

Page 37 of 37 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2 - Page 37 Empty Re: *No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2

Post by JBF Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:44 pm

nd4reality wrote:This season has been a prime example of what we call the physical F2 vs the Emotion+physical F1 minus the ILY and proposal at the end which in most of the preceeding seasons has been fake anyway.

Well... he made his F2 FEEL like a "physical edit".
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2 - Page 37 Empty Re: *No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2

Post by nd4reality Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:48 pm

JBF wrote:
nd4reality wrote:This season has been a prime example of what we call the physical F2 vs the Emotion+physical F1 minus the ILY and proposal at the end which in most of the preceding seasons has been fake anyway.

Well... he made his F2 FEEL like a "physical edit".

Many prior F2s felt that way. Some F3s as well.

This season is no different in that aspect.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:50 pm

Mirzam wrote:
nd4reality wrote:I want to be honest and say that despite all the negativity towards JP and his choice of sticking to it to tptb, I honestly have come away this morning feeling much more realistic than Des' season.

During her finale and ATFR I was cringing all the way to cringeville. And I definitely wasn't a Brooks fan. But I felt sorry for Chris and got the feeling that she was acting up a storm. Happy to say that even if they do not make it to the alter - they are the real thing because they gave it an honest shot and seem happy (same for all the other leads that at least tried dating in the real world).
But yes to me Des' finale made me feel like a fraud watching (I also cringed watching  all her post-season interviews which also came up defensive and awkward to me) whereas with JP I am proud of how he and Nikki have chosen to end their stint and was actually celebrating last night.
JMO.

I am in full agreement nd. I too was celebrating.

Same here! I am glad they beat TBTP at their own game!  :uptonogood 
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:26 pm

nd4reality, you can take on Andi's season as Master In Arms for this thread. I definitely need a break from this silly show and all of its tomfoolery. Won't be watching much TV this summer anyway.

I don't think there is any cookie cutter formula we can use, except Nikki resembled past F1s Vienna and Courtney (in EDIT if not "real" personality) on account of how well she got along with others and being accused of "one way with him and one way with the ladies". At least Ben and Courtney lasted a few months, so I will at least give them a chance here. Also favorable for her... probably more so than the other two... was the fact that he did show her more of "my life" in Miami stadiums and dance recitals. Perhaps the whole "point" of Clare's in-our-face edit was to show the "why" of her outrage at FRC... that she doesn't deserve to be disrespected as just a plaything. They certainly milked Ocean Romp more than necessary all season long for SOME oddball reason. Who knows why at this point? I don't think it was to make Nikki watching the show feel closer to her man. Sharleen and Andi already provided the "warning signs" for Clare with their own edits. Simply put, she should have "bolted" too.

Then again, Juan simply views this as a soap opera anyway. Maybe everybody was an actor?

At this point, I really don't care any more about WHAT story or edit they were giving us. Wasted too much time "studying" this season, being one of those production didn't seem to even like the lead nor care how it ended... and, for all we know, there may be a "forever" later and nobody had to "settle" after all. That is just the Romantic Optimist in me saying that last part. However, they didn't work very hard to make us care or feel emotional for the final couple. Some here like Nikki and Juan together, but that is because of a variety of little things, not by how they were presented on ATFR. They even gave us dead silence at the FRC setting... no music, nothing.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:19 pm

JBF wrote:nd4reality, you can take on Andi's season as Master In Arms for this thread. I definitely need a break from this silly show and all of its tomfoolery. Won't be watching much TV this summer anyway.

I don't think there is any cookie cutter formula we can use, except Nikki resembled past F1s Vienna and Courtney (in EDIT if not "real" personality) on account of how well she got along with others and being accused of "one way with him and one way with the ladies". At least Ben and Courtney lasted a few months, so I will at least give them a chance here. Also favorable for her... probably more so than the other two... was the fact that he did show her more of "my life" in Miami stadiums and dance recitals. Perhaps the whole "point" of Clare's in-our-face edit was to show the "why" of her outrage at FRC... that she doesn't deserve to be disrespected as just a plaything. They certainly milked Ocean Romp more than necessary all season long for SOME oddball reason. Who knows why at this point? I don't think it was to make Nikki watching the show feel closer to her man. Sharleen and Andi already provided the "warning signs" for Clare with their own edits. Simply put, she should have "bolted" too.

Then again, Juan simply views this as a soap opera anyway. Maybe everybody was an actor?

At this point, I really don't care any more about WHAT story or edit they were giving us. Wasted too much time "studying" this season, being one of those production didn't seem to even like the lead nor care how it ended... and, for all we know, there may be a "forever" later and nobody had to "settle" after all. That is just the Romantic Optimist in me saying that last part. However, they didn't work very hard to make us care or feel emotional for the final couple. Some here like Nikki and Juan together, but that is because of a variety of little things, not by how they were presented on ATFR. They even gave us dead silence at the FRC setting... no music, nothing.

I agree that production had zero concern for Juan Pablo and Nikki. It was the most bizarre final rose ceremony with the lead "picking" his choice that I have ever seen. I believe there was a little music, but it was almost somber. No montage, no toast from the final couple, nothing!! Ed and Jillian, Jake and Vienna, Ali and Roberto, Des and chris, all of the past leads with their final pick received champagne and had a song and/or a montage! Very strange! A lot of this was Juan Pablo's doing and his disrespectful attitude. I suspect the straw that broke the back was him getting "disinvited" to be on DWTS. After that happened, he was done!

I do feel a little sorry for Nikki, and hope she follows her heart. She seemed a little shocked at the final rose ceremony. Watching last night, I am sure her parents are a little concerned. Time will tell.

Hang in there JBF. Maybe they will keep a tighter lid on production and the spoilers. Here's hoping!
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:59 pm

JBF wrote:I guess I would have felt "warmer" for Andi had her edit not been so quirky and hypercritical. Also her intro felt like an infomercial for her firm. I was experiencing déjà vu of Ben promoting Evolve Wine (although he didn't get much promo ON the show... just on twitter while it aired).

In any case, I need a break from this silly franchise. Spent too much time posting about this one.

Andi doesn't have a firm, JBF. She's an asst DA.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:04 pm

Yes I know... there just was a bit too much "advertizing" for me.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 37 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 35, 36, 37

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2

+45
glazedover
atem
sparkler
marriedtoabaritone
Luvstruck