SELECT CONTENT

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 After The Final Rose (ATFR) Discussion

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 After The Final Rose (ATFR) Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: *No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 After The Final Rose (ATFR) Discussion

Post by LibbyBell Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:30 am

Wow—I enjoyed reading everyone’s thoughts last night but I needed to take a little bit to get my thoughts together and see how to best reflect on the finale; here goes (sorry for the long post!):

What did Juan Pablo say to Clare:

This is the scenario that makes most sense to me— Clare asked the question that she reiterates later on at their LCD “Do you know me enough to propose to me in 2 days?” This is a no win for both of them—especially since Clare was F2; in her ITM Clare says that Juan Pablo says something sexual. Given Juan Pablo’s “honesty”, he is compelled to tell her No, I don’t think I know you well enough but then he needs to add AT THE VERY LEAST: I know I like kissing you or AT WORST: You’ll make a great f@#*buddy. For Clare, I suspect that this has been an issue in some of her past relationships and is why it doesn’t set well with her so what she hears is: what we have is only physical. Was Juan Pablo that crass and blatant, I doubt it, but it doesn’t matter—it is how Clare viewed it. What she needed to do is think about the situation (her knowledge of the show) and LISTEN to her inner voice. She was getting the information that she needed from Juan Pablo but she ignored it. I thought CH should have stuck up for Juan Pablo and reminded Clare he's not allowed to tell you you're the one. I get it: when it is someone else misreading the clues, they are dumb but when it is YOU, he led her on.

Juan and his process:

All season, we see that Juan Pablo is very superficial with the girls that he is not interested in. Does that make the girls think that: he is all about himself and didn’t take the time to get to know me? Yes, but in all fairness to him, this was Juan Pablo’s way to differentiate those that he wanted to pursue a relationship with. Sharlene, Clare and Nikki all stated that they had conversations with Juan Pablo that were in-depth and not superficial. With the final 2 ladies, there was a substantial difference in their relationship with Juan Pablo; in one, it was purely physical but she chose to ignore those signs. Even SEAN alluded to: “not having something to say so you just kiss” scenario. With TPTB, Juan Pablo always held his cards close to the vest; even on this public show, Juan Pablo tried maintaining his privacy on how he is really feeling. Was this a cultural difference, a language barrier or just how Juan Pablo played the game? Yes—it isn’t important for us to know which one. What does matter is whether his F1 knows. I think (again, just my opinion) she does. I think that he has been upfront with Nikki and they are going to see where their relationship leads them.

“The edit”:

I think that Juan Pablo’s reason to come on the show was to meet someone who he could build a relationship with and--- that’s what he did. However, Juan Pablo did not play with TPTB the way that past bachelors have and this TICKED them off! At the beginning of the season, TPTB started the edit off to show that there was a cultural difference and possibly a language barrier that was resulting in Juan Pablo being misunderstood by the women and even society (we saw this with the off the show comments re: gays). When TPTB determined that Juan Pablo was never going to show them his cards they decided to switch the edit to him being a jerk who won’t say ILY. I also wonder if TPTB were bound and determined to make a case that would help them in the “diversity lawsuit” (we tried it and boy what a wreck it turned out to be…we’ll stay with our original “type”)

Chris Harrison:

I’ve always liked CH but I was a little disappointed in him this season. As the “host” of TB, it is his responsibility to facilitate the lead through the process. He said the Juan Pablo never really “embraced” the process—was this because TRUST was never established? Early on (the gay comments) I think Juan Pablo learned that “they” were not there for him and that he was on his own. I know that it has become an excuse but, English is Juan Pablo’s 2nd language and he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Juan Pablo and Nikki:

Juan Pablo and Nikki are both very pragmatic and “honest”. Will this relationship work? I don’t know but I think that they will do it on their own terms and out of the spotlight of TB. Who knows, Juan Pablo and Nikki may turn out to be the most level headed couple to come out of the franchise; I wish them the very best!

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 After The Final Rose (ATFR) Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: *No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 After The Final Rose (ATFR) Discussion

Post by nd4reality Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:39 am

^^^ Great Post Libby.

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:45 am

nd4reality wrote:^^^ Great Post Libby.

Loving your recap, LB!!  :yes: yes 

btw, anybody can give me heads up,....are JuKi (what a name!!..LOL) going to do media circuit as per usual??...Anyone knows whether they will do the People Mag.Shot?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:52 am

High clap ^^^

Is it because we have the same profile pic that we share the sane wavelength? Haha bestbud! 

Thank you, Libby for "expressing" my thoughts very well!  giggling 

"This moment in my life
It's like I've never loved before
The way you show me with a kiss
How much you care
You are love
You are life
You are peace of mind.", 'Peace Of Mind', David Cook

#TheOGJash #SeanCat #Jadine #GoldSquad
#TeamMCAUReynold #COOKista  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
#Tannah4evah #MattyjandLaura #MaRthur #JorJo #Darvey  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Cari
Cari

Female Posts : 926

http://twitter.com/chapark

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:54 am

^^^ great post Libby.

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:56 am

Thanks everyone!

Yes Cari-- we share a common bond!  giggling

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by JesseJames24 Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:12 pm

Great post!
I'm still sitting here in awe of what TPTB and CH did last night I haven't come up with an exact post on my opinions just yet. For now what I will say is that what the hell is wrong with just asking the couple are you HAPPY? That to me would of be sufficient enough? Hey Nikki and Juan Pablo how is this relationship going? Are you happy? What are the plans from here? WHY did it have to be focused on "but do you love her" Every time they said it I cringed. If anything this made me gain more respect for JP and WAY less for CH, TPTB and Sean/Cat. I mean i'm still trying to gather what exactly I witness last night but looked to me like war on JP to me. Nikki and JP are going about this the real way, not saying any feelings that aren't there. This is how this show should end, happy and getting to know one another to see if it can be something more outside of the bubble! I'm not sure if a lot of us even tell someone we love them after 6 weeks of dating so why do they have too? I am just in awe of JP's treatment, I really am...

JesseJames24

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:22 pm

JesseJames24 wrote:
Great post!
I'm still sitting here in awe of what TPTB and CH did last night I haven't come up with an exact post on my opinions just yet. For now what I will say is that what the hell is wrong with just asking the couple are you HAPPY? That to me would of be sufficient enough? Hey Nikki and Juan Pablo how is this relationship going? Are you happy? What are the plans from here? WHY did it have to be focused on "but do you love her" Every time they said it I cringed. If anything this made me gain more respect for JP and WAY less for CH, TPTB and Sean/Cat. I mean i'm still trying to gather what exactly I witness last night but looked to me like war on JP to me. Nikki and JP are going about this the real way, not saying any feelings that aren't there. This is how this show should end, happy and getting to know one another to see if it can be something more outside of the bubble! I'm not sure if a lot of us even tell someone we love them after 6 weeks of dating so why do they have too? I am just in awe of JP's treatment, I really am...

JJ--  I agree CH's "job" is to talk with the couple and find out what makes their relationship work or not work...so that their story can be told. CH's job is NOT to force "ILY" out of a lead.

LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:30 pm

LibbyBell wrote:Wow—I enjoyed reading everyone’s thoughts last night but I needed to take a little bit to get my thoughts together and see how to best reflect on the finale; here goes (sorry for the long post!):

What did Juan Pablo say to Clare:

This is the scenario that makes most sense to me— Clare asked the question that she reiterates later on at their LCD “Do you know me enough to propose to me in 2 days?” This is a no win for both of them—especially since Clare was F2; in her ITM Clare says that Juan Pablo says something sexual. Given Juan Pablo’s “honesty”, he is compelled to tell her No, I don’t think I know you well enough but then he needs to add AT THE VERY LEAST: I know I like kissing you or AT WORST: You’ll make a great f@#*buddy. For Clare, I suspect that this has been an issue in some of her past relationships and is why it doesn’t set well with her so what she hears is: what we have is only physical. Was Juan Pablo that crass and blatant, I doubt it, but it doesn’t matter—it is how Clare viewed it. What she needed to do is think about the situation (her knowledge of the show) and LISTEN to her inner voice. She was getting the information that she needed from Juan Pablo but she ignored it. I thought CH should have stuck up for Juan Pablo and reminded Clare he's not allowed to tell you you're the one. I get it: when it is someone else misreading the clues, they are dumb but when it is YOU, he led her on.

Juan and his process:

All season, we see that Juan Pablo is very superficial with the girls that he is not interested in. Does that make the girls think that: he is all about himself and didn’t take the time to get to know me? Yes, but in all fairness to him, this was Juan Pablo’s way to differentiate those that he wanted to pursue a relationship with. Sharlene, Clare and Nikki all stated that they had conversations with Juan Pablo that were in-depth and not superficial. With the final 2 ladies, there was a substantial difference in their relationship with Juan Pablo; in one, it was purely physical but she chose to ignore those signs. Even SEAN alluded to: “not having something to say so you just kiss” scenario. With TPTB, Juan Pablo always held his cards close to the vest; even on this public show, Juan Pablo tried maintaining his privacy on how he is really feeling. Was this a cultural difference, a language barrier or just how Juan Pablo played the game? Yes—it isn’t important for us to know which one. What does matter is whether his F1 knows. I think (again, just my opinion) she does. I think that he has been upfront with Nikki and they are going to see where their relationship leads them.

“The edit”:

I think that Juan Pablo’s reason to come on the show was to meet someone who he could build a relationship with and--- that’s what he did. However, Juan Pablo did not play with TPTB the way that past bachelors have and this TICKED them off! At the beginning of the season, TPTB started the edit off to show that there was a cultural difference and possibly a language barrier that was resulting in Juan Pablo being misunderstood by the women and even society (we saw this with the off the show comments re: gays). When TPTB determined that Juan Pablo was never going to show them his cards they decided to switch the edit to him being a jerk who won’t say ILY. I also wonder if TPTB were bound and determined to make a case that would help them in the “diversity lawsuit” (we tried it and boy what a wreck it turned out to be…we’ll stay with our original “type”)

Chris Harrison:

I’ve always liked CH but I was a little disappointed in him this season. As the “host” of TB, it is his responsibility to facilitate the lead through the process. He said the Juan Pablo never really “embraced” the process—was this because TRUST was never established? Early on (the gay comments) I think Juan Pablo learned that “they” were not there for him and that he was on his own. I know that it has become an excuse but, English is Juan Pablo’s 2nd language and he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Juan Pablo and Nikki:

Juan Pablo and Nikki are both very pragmatic and “honest”. Will this relationship work? I don’t know but I think that they will do it on their own terms and out of the spotlight of TB. Who knows, Juan Pablo and Nikki may turn out to be the most level headed couple to come out of the franchise; I wish them the very best!
Great post, ITA!!!!
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:46 pm

^^Yep great post LibbyBell..
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:08 pm

Thanks 2o and iam!

LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Isabel123 Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:15 pm

Enjoyed you post LB
Isabel123
Isabel123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 After The Final Rose (ATFR) Discussion

+21
docnash14
Jeepers
in2deep
FLChica
iamreal2u