SELECT CONTENT

Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

Page 77 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 77 Empty Re: Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by Alanna Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:43 am

Cute!! She wants him to be Bach too!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 77 Empty Re: Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by ironcat Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:52 am

I don't think extra time would have mattered; Andi and Chris are just not a match IMO, and I think about this more from Chris' side, where he only had one woman to focus on, so it's not surprising that with all the manipulations he would fall (or think he fell) in love with her. I think on his (hopefully) own season, we will meet several women who would clearly be better matches for him than Andi was.

I don't think Andi was cold or dismissive at all in her behavior during Chris' departure; more awkward and overwhelmed with guilt. Chris being so gracious and composed just outclassed her by a mile and made her look worse. But it appears that the two now are on very good terms and I trust Chris' instincts that Andi isn't as horrible a person as some see her.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Luvstruck wrote:Thanks for all your hard work JBF. Even though the eggs all got scrambled this season you did a very fine job with the edit.  Heck the powers that be should hire you to make sense of this show for them. I became most interested in Chris because of all the edit clues but he truly is a great guy and deserves the best. Classy gentleman all the way even offering her his arm to walk him to van. I hope he finds a woman who will appreciate all he has to offer and love him completely hopefully on Bachelor next season would love to see him with the women fighting for him.  Andi did not allow Chris the extra time to build a foundation because she was focused on Josh and Nick and giving them the extra time instead.

I've thrown in the towel this season. D-O-N-E with any "edit analysis". Certainly won't bother next season. Two times is enough.

My guess, based on her Jimmy Kimmel "no" nods each time he brought up the word "engagement", is that she and Josh have a post-show relationship like Juan and Nikki, testing it in the real world first and discussing possible "engagement" later. Perhaps Neil Lane still provided a ring and, no doubt, Josh was on his knees proposing since he kept repeating over and over that he would do so in the last episode. Yet she may still have her "trust" issues and his family commitments interfering still, so an "I'm not ready yet but we'll try things out" statement sounds like the logical choice.

Then again, things can change very abruptly in the final hour of the show, as all of this TV Bubble Romance explodes a.k.a. like Ed Swiderski's Hawaiian volcano.

Another peculiarity is how much emphasis her PI sessions involve Nick, making me suspect he might have been her first choice before LCD time. Her body language also seems more relaxed with him that Josh, at least with less of her trademark hair stroking involved. Yet Steve Boy has his plane video proving (or "proving") he's a dumpee and that she went back to "what she's used to".
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by NeonRose Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:50 pm

JBF wrote:
Luvstruck wrote:Thanks for all your hard work JBF. Even though the eggs all got scrambled this season you did a very fine job with the edit.  Heck the powers that be should hire you to make sense of this show for them. I became most interested in Chris because of all the edit clues but he truly is a great guy and deserves the best. Classy gentleman all the way even offering her his arm to walk him to van. I hope he finds a woman who will appreciate all he has to offer and love him completely hopefully on Bachelor next season would love to see him with the women fighting for him.  Andi did not allow Chris the extra time to build a foundation because she was focused on Josh and Nick and giving them the extra time instead.

I've thrown in the towel this season. D-O-N-E with any "edit analysis". Certainly won't bother next season. Two times is enough.

My guess, based on her Jimmy Kimmel "no" nods each time he brought up the word "engagement", is that she and Josh have a post-show relationship like Juan and Nikki, testing it in the real world first and discussing possible "engagement" later. Perhaps Neil Lane still provided a ring and, no doubt, Josh was on his knees proposing since he kept repeating over and over that he would do so in the last episode. Yet she may still have her "trust" issues and his family commitments interfering still, so an "I'm not ready yet but we'll try things out" statement sounds like the logical choice.

Then again, things can change very abruptly in the final hour of the show, as all of this TV Bubble Romance explodes a.k.a. like Ed Swiderski's Hawaiian volcano.

Another peculiarity is how much emphasis her PI sessions involve Nick, making me suspect he might have been her first choice before LCD time. Her body language also seems more relaxed with him that Josh, at least with less of her trademark hair stroking involved. Yet Steve Boy has his plane video proving (or "proving") he's a dumpee and that she went back to "what she's used to".

JBF I adore reading your edit analysis!!! Please dont stop  bestbud! 
It gives me a whole new perspective one the contenstants,and to the details of the show!
NeonRose
NeonRose

Female Posts : 693

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:26 pm

Pffft. I dunno. Too burnt out.

Going off topic of Chris for a moment, though...

With him gone and without that questionable plane video throwing a monkey wrench into the situation, I would suspect, going strictly by The Show, that Nick would be F1.

Adding to this is the way Harrison repeatedly defends him more often than "grown ass" Josh.

"Andi has now narrowed it down to two very different men: Nick and Josh. These guys in my opinion are both good guys, but they represent very different lifestyles. I understand that some might look at these final two as a battle between good and evil. Josh the nice guy and Nick the bad boy who stirred things up in the house. I disagree with that assessment. Did Nick rub people the wrong way? Absolutely. Could he have gone about things differently? Of course. But I don’t think he’s a bad guy and that’s why Andi has fallen for him just as she has for Josh. The way I see it from my seat is Josh is her “comfort zone.” Josh is her type, he’s the comfortable choice she’s fallen for many times during her life. This obviously hasn’t worked out so well in the past and that’s why she’s been so worried about this relationship and so skeptical of Josh all along. She’s worried about making the same old mistake. But the problem with the “comfort zone” is it’s so darn comfortable. It just feels right even if it’s not. Nick, on the other hand is the unknown, the road or “rose” less traveled. Nick is the kind of relationship and guy I think Andi aspires to be with. A guy she’s never really given herself a chance to fall for. Nick is a guy who will challenge her and push her in ways she’s never known before. The problem with the “road less traveled” guy is at the end of the day when the pressure is on, can Andi really pull the trigger and choose this different lifestyle? I think it’s an incredibly compelling finale."
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:15 pm

JBF wrote:Pffft. I dunno. Too burnt out.

Going off topic of Chris for a moment, though...

With him gone and without that questionable plane video throwing a monkey wrench into the situation, I would suspect, going strictly by The Show, that Nick would be F1.

Adding to this is the way Harrison repeatedly defends him more often than "grown ass" Josh.

"Andi has now narrowed it down to two very different men: Nick and Josh. These guys in my opinion are both good guys, but they represent very different lifestyles. I understand that some might look at these final two as a battle between good and evil. Josh the nice guy and Nick the bad boy who stirred things up in the house. I disagree with that assessment. Did Nick rub people the wrong way? Absolutely. Could he have gone about things differently? Of course. But I don’t think he’s a bad guy and that’s why Andi has fallen for him just as she has for Josh. The way I see it from my seat is Josh is her “comfort zone.” Josh is her type, he’s the comfortable choice she’s fallen for many times during her life. This obviously hasn’t worked out so well in the past and that’s why she’s been so worried about this relationship and so skeptical of Josh all along. She’s worried about making the same old mistake. But the problem with the “comfort zone” is it’s so darn comfortable. It just feels right even if it’s not. Nick, on the other hand is the unknown, the road or “rose” less traveled. Nick is the kind of relationship and guy I think Andi aspires to be with. A guy she’s never really given herself a chance to fall for. Nick is a guy who will challenge her and push her in ways she’s never known before. The problem with the “road less traveled” guy is at the end of the day when the pressure is on, can Andi really pull the trigger and choose this different lifestyle? I think it’s an incredibly compelling finale."

Thanks JBF. Always enjoy your posts...including this one!!  Hugesmile 
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:37 pm

JBF, you'll be back next season...at least you better be! Who will I conspire with??? I don't blame you from needing a break, this show can get mentally exhausting, especially with all the work you do.

I really do hope Chris is the next Bachelor. I haven't been too excited about any of the leads in a while, so yes, Chris would make me happy. He's such a class act, a true gentleman and it showed last night. Even giving his arm to Andi as she walked him out.

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:41 pm

Something about this season is still bugging me. It is as if there is still another shoe that needs to drop to the floor. The whole "head not matching the heart" bit is still unresolved.

Just that I am so exhausted by it all and have no more desire to analyze it any further. The easiest way to maintain one's sanity is just ass-ume The Spoilers are right and hold out a sliver of hope that there is still some sort of a surprise at the end of this. It has been a while since we have had a Mesnick, after all.

In any case, Harrison's take on Chris' dumping...

"Andi told me her favorite hometown visit was with Chris in Iowa, but that didn’t mean she was 100 percent confident in this relationship and that’s why the exotic overnight dates are so important at this point in the journey. If Andi were to be perfectly honest, she can’t say that having to move to Iowa wasn’t an issue, but it must be said it definitely wasn’t the driving force behind her decision to let him go. They obviously enjoy each other’s company and seem perfect together and maybe if she didn’t have anything or anybody to compare it to it would seem that way to her as well, but she does. She does have two other very strong relationships to compare her relationship with Chris to and when she does compare them, it just didn’t measure up.

That’s the toughest part for Andi at this point: There’s really nothing wrong with any of these relationships. You’re really splitting hairs. Andi would’ve loved it if one of the guys had really made it easier on her, but they didn’t. All they did was express their love for her and make for a tougher decision. As Andi’s exotic date went on it became more and more clear to her just how in love with her Chris was. But an interesting thing happened. The more Chris professed his love and showed her his emotions, the more Andi sensed something wasn’t right. At the end of the date there’s the famous fantasy suite that they can retire to so they can spend time together. I know what this key represents to most people and I understand what most people assume happens in the fantasy suite, but the most important part of it is the completely private time together. This is a time to talk candidly and have a moment with nobody else around. At this point Andi should be really excited about this time away with these guys, but with Chris she just wasn’t. The longer the night went on, the more she realized she just wasn’t in the same place Chris was. She just couldn’t match his love. The more she looked into his eyes and saw what was in his heart, the more she knew she had to end this relationship before they got to the fantasy suite. She couldn’t bear dragging him any further and leading him on. I’m sure like most people Chris was left wondering “why” and the problem is there’s not an easy simple answer to this. Chris will have his chance to try to get some closure from Andi next week at the Men Tell All and it promises to be an emotional tough reunion."

Last edited by JBF on Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:45 pm

JBF - Please don't leave us next season, I always enjoy reading your posts, they are hilarious, entertaining, eye-opening, challenging, and ridicously enjoyable to read. You have an absolute knack for identifying and discussing and challenging the edit.

I joined this forum in Emily's season when RS didn't have the spoiler. Once I read Loveme's spoiler I could have just left but I kept coming back because of your edit posts, I find them absolutely fascinating and appreciate every bit of them!

sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:48 pm

JBF wrote:Something about this season is still bugging me. It is as if there is still another shoe that needs to drop to the floor. The whole "head not matching the heart" bit is still unresolved.

Just that I am so exhausted by it all and have no more desire to analyze it any further. The easiest way to maintain one's sanity is just ass-ume The Spoilers are right and hold out a sliver of hope that there is still some sort of a surprise at the end of this. It has been a while since we have had a Mesnick, after all.

In any case, Harrison's take on Chris' dumping...

"Andi told me her favorite hometown visit was with Chris in Iowa, but that didn’t mean she was 100 percent confident in this relationship and that’s why the exotic overnight dates are so important at this point in the journey. If Andi were to be perfectly honest, she can’t say that having to move to Iowa wasn’t an issue, but it must be said it definitely wasn’t the driving force behind her decision to let him go. They obviously enjoy each other’s company and seem perfect together and maybe if she didn’t have anything or anybody to compare it to it would seem that way to her as well, but she does. She does have two other very strong relationships to compare her relationship with Chris to and when she does compare them, it just didn’t measure up.

That’s the toughest part for Andi at this point: There’s really nothing wrong with any of these relationships. You’re really splitting hairs. Andi would’ve loved it if one of the guys had really made it easier on her, but they didn’t. All they did was express their love for her and make for a tougher decision. As Andi’s exotic date went on it became more and more clear to her just how in love with her Chris was. But an interesting thing happened. The more Chris professed his love and showed her his emotions, the more Andi sensed something wasn’t right. At the end of the date there’s the famous fantasy suite that they can retire to so they can spend time together. I know what this key represents to most people and I understand what most people assume happens in the fantasy suite, but the most important part of it is the completely private time together. This is a time to talk candidly and have a moment with nobody else around. At this point Andi should be really excited about this time away with these guys, but with Chris she just wasn’t. The longer the night went on, the more she realized she just wasn’t in the same place Chris was. She just couldn’t match his love. The more she looked into his eyes and saw what was in his heart, the more she knew she had to end this relationship before they got to the fantasy suite. She couldn’t bear dragging him any further and leading him on. I’m sure like most people Chris was left wondering “why” and the problem is there’s not an easy simple answer to this. Chris will have his chance to try to get some closure from Andi next week at the Men Tell All and it promises to be an emotional tough reunion."

JBF ... Thanks for all of your insight and comments! I too have always enjoyed your posts and actively sought them out/read. I might not have always agreed on your picks, but your commentary certainly made me THINK and broaden my horizons so thank you!  bowdown 

I also think that another shoe is going to drop this season. I am Nick fan and holding out that sliver of hope as I did last season with Chris S. that spoilers are wrong. But ... that said ... I can see the allure of Josh as F1 and, in particular, the ease of dating the hometown hunk post Bachelorette Bubble. I mean ... why not, right, especially given the track record of other leads, go with the guy next door? Unless, unless ... she really fell in love with Nick and her saying that she "never felt this way before-passion-mental/emotional/intellectual connection, etc." was actually the truth. Another dropped shoe: pulling a Mesnick and picking Josh as F1 but back in real world did a switcheroo to Nick. Will find out on July 28th!

BUT, since this is the Chris thread ... the AfterBuzz show for Bachelorette is convinced & gungho for Chris as next Bachelor as well. Danny Hoyt, one of the hosts, even said that he thought producers would pick Chris over Josh (on the chance that Nick is F1) since people are more invested in finding Chris his bride to live with him in tiny town on big farm in Iowa vs. Josh who could walk in any bar and get any girl he wanted so America would not be as invested in him finding love. Daniella McBride, soon to be seen on BIP and who works in talent/casting, agreed that Chris would be the more interesting choice and most appealing to viewers. They dismissed Marquel due to him being on BIP.

So there you go ...Chris for Bachelor!
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:34 pm

JBF
This season was for you as a gift from the editors. You've been so successful in analyzing their hints and Easter Eggs that they wanted to hand you a show that seemed to follow format but had a little surprise! I do hope we'll see Chris again on screen - harvest be damned!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5313

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:51 pm

I know what you mean about "the other shoe to drop"  I've been feeling that all season, until last night.  Chris Harrison's blog was rather lengthy, maybe unusually so, on the topic of Chris, but I think that was a way to help Andi out in letting him go last night.  Chris was rather non existent all season until HTD's, and then boom, "there's this huge momentum with Chris" ...put that along side everything wonderful Andi said about Iowa, Chris, and his family, and the fact that she was rather "affectionate" with him...it leaves the viewer rather confused.    Her whole demeanor was so different in comparing the two dates.  Maybe we should just chalk that one up to her acting skills.  I understand it's the reality of the show, but I think that's what irritated me the most, the extremes in her behavior from HTD's to FD's.  Had she not gushed over "seeing a life with Chris", and "I would love to have them as my sisters", I probably wouldn't be so annoyed.  

Last nights dates with Chris and Nick were rather painful to watch, it was very obvious Andi had check out. So yeah,
I guess I find the whole season rather anti climatic.  Andi said on night one, that she usually dates the jock, but is still single, and she's open to dating other types of men, and yet in the end she goes back to what she knows.  I think Andi had a true cerebral connection with Nick, that's what drew her to him from night one.  Nick was always very articulate in expressing his thoughts/feelings and that's what makes a relationship work.  While I agree Andi is very drawn to Josh, but for what reasons?  His looks?, because he's in Atlanta too?  because he's in the world of sports?  I don't care what anyone says, but that "stuff" gets old fast, a relationship needs some depth.   Her facial expressions during dinner at Josh's HTD were rather, shall I say, expressive, which makes me think she's going the safe route..  Maybe she has more with Josh than what we are seeing, for her sake... I hope so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 77 of 79 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

+69
Linds911
emusha
Jeepers
Kaltie
eirekay