SELECT CONTENT

Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

Page 79 of 79 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 77, 78, 79

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 79 Empty Re: Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by sbolduc Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:43 pm

JBF wrote:Well... if Chris is putting his money on Josh, I guess I will to.

The other Chris... Harrison... needs a muzzle put over his Big Fat Colgate-toothed Mouth. "Nick is the kind of relationship and guy I think Andi aspires to be with. A guy she’s never really given herself a chance to fall for. Nick is a guy who will challenge her and push her in ways she’s never known before."

You idiot! She doesn't want that! She wants this: "The way I see it from my seat is Josh is her 'comfort zone.' Josh is her type, he’s the comfortable choice she’s fallen for many times during her life. This obviously hasn’t worked out so well in the past and that’s why she’s been so worried about this relationship and so skeptical of Josh all along. She’s worried about making the same old mistake. But the problem with the 'comfort zone' is it’s so darn comfortable."

People wear the same shoes regardless of how uncomfortable they are. People still take the "scenic route" instead of the short cut. People still buy the same groceries regardless if they need them or not. There is a reason Wal-Mart will continue to stay in business. You can't tell people to try something different when they don't feel "comfortable" with anything different!

Had to snip the above a bit.

I hate talking about someone else (i.e. Josh and Nick) in this thread as this is the Chris thread, so please let me know if you would prefer me to move this post, just wanted to join the discussion as to what was said above.

I agree with JBF I think that Andi is going with Josh, based on spoilers, MTP/LC date sleuthing, SM etc. However I always go back to the Des/Chris/Brooks scenario, where I was totally and completely duped, even though there were A LOT of tell tale signs. One of the biggest ones for me was the storyline of "Des has never found someone who loves her as much as her" or the "sometimes what you want isn't what you need". When you put those two storylines and match them to Chris H's comments last season in blogs/interviews about Brooks (they were usually defending Chris and going against why Des and Brooks were not a good couple) the only scenario to me that showed Des grow as a lead and more importantly as a person was to choose love with the person that loved her as much as she loved him, the only that was always there and the one that she "needed" not necessarily what she initially "wanted".

When you look at this season, as JBF mentioned if Andi ends up with Josh, where is the growth as a lead or a person, she goes back to the same sort of guy that she has always dated, what is causing her to change at all as a person. Is her growth in letting her guard finally down and finally trusting Josh, maybe. Is it realizing the type on the outside doesn't define the type on the inside, maybe. Is it that the humble, non-assuming guy she thought was Nick when she gave the FIR to, ended up being Josh, maybe.

Regardless of what the "story" ends up being, which I guess we will find out in two weeks, there is absolutely nothing surprising about it. When the final four guys were released as F4, my first instinct (knowing the little I knew about them) was to root for Chris and Nick (Chris was my first choice I admit until I saw Nick and Andi's interactions, then I switched) because these were the guys that I saw as surprises, Chris the farmer from the small town in Iowa or Nick the quirky midwestern guy who was unlike anything she ever dated.

When you look at Chris's comment: "Nick is the kind of relationship and guy I think Andi aspires to be with. A guy she’s never really given herself a chance to fall for. Nick is a guy who will challenge her and push her in ways she’s never known before. The problem with the “road less traveled” guy is at the end of the day when the pressure is on, can Andi really pull the trigger and choose this different lifestyle?"

He is saying to me, the growth for Andi is picking the guy that challenges her mentally, emotionally and intellectually, something that I think she needs but has never let herself fall for. What is the point of this season if she goes for what she always has gone for, the relationship she always falls back on, instead of challenging herself to "pull the trigger", surprising America and herself.

There is just so much this season that throws me off, with all of Chris' comments about Nick, all the comments of the "seeing into my soul" by Andi, easter eggs, the silly Josh doubt and one dimensional character arc etc. If the ending of this season pans out as the spoiler says I will be disappointed. This has absolutely nothing to do with Andi picking Josh over Nick/Chris, I really like all three, it has to do with their stories and how they form Andi's story.

It is like a great show or movie, even if the ending is sad but I see the characters challenge themselves and intrisically grow as people I am satisfied, what I hate more is seeing a character end up where they started.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 79 Empty Re: Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by JBF Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:12 pm

I can bring us back to Chris again. *chuckle chuckle*

Even if I have temporarily "settled" on a Josh ending after seeing Chris get dumped and Andi chirp to Harrison on screen her confidence in "my final two", there is still this "itch" I keep scratching...

Is there any chance that all of this a Big Put-On? Could Andi, Fleiss, Harrison and even Robert Mills who complimented her dumping of Chris as any "good boss would" be playing games with us? Why has Chris not changed his twitter banner yet? Something is still odd about this set-up. He isn't just promoting a future gig as Bachelor. He is retweeting Andi's "Haha Trotted AND galloped! RT "@C_Soules: @AndiDorfman galloped for F#@! sakes:) #barebackinthedominican”

I won't prod and poke any further. I will pretend to be confident that Josh wins this in the end. Yet the set-up seems wwwwaaaaayyyyy too obvious, as in her opening speech about Josh "Nailed it. Pegged it. Damn!" It is as if she expects viewers to say the same. Let's just ride this with that funny feeling there may still be a "gotcha" at the end of this.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:27 pm

JBF wrote:I can bring us back to Chris again. *chuckle chuckle*

Even if I have temporarily "settled" on a Josh ending after seeing Chris get dumped and Andi chirp to Harrison on screen her confidence in "my final two", there is still this "itch" I keep scratching...

Is there any chance that all of this a Big Put-On? Could Andi, Fleiss, Harrison and even Robert Mills who complimented her dumping of Chris as any "good boss would" be playing games with us? Why has Chris not changed his twitter banner yet? Something is still odd about this set-up. He isn't just promoting a future gig as Bachelor. He is retweeting Andi's "Haha Trotted AND galloped! RT "@C_Soules: @AndiDorfman galloped for F#@! sakes:) #barebackinthedominican”

I won't prod and poke any further. I will pretend to be confident that Josh wins this in the end. Yet the set-up seems wwwwaaaaayyyyy too obvious, as in her opening speech about Josh "Nailed it. Pegged it. Damn!" It is as if she expects viewers to say the same. Let's just ride this with that funny feeling there may still be a "gotcha" at the end of this.

I will be riding it to the end and would love nothing more than to see a "gotcha" come out of this whole crazy and weird season.  :gotcha: 
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:16 pm

That would really be something for the archives in the history of this show. I personally think Chris is better off without Andi....Don't know why but at the end of every season I feel the ones who get away are the lucky ones. Now I may feel differently if Chris ends up the Bachelor because I think he is Grrrrreat as Tony the Tiger would say!!!!

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:24 pm

SLA44 wrote:I will be riding it to the end and would love nothing more than to see a "gotcha" come out of this whole crazy and weird season.   :gotcha: 

It would be ssssooooo hilarious if she pulls a Jen Schefft at the end of this, then runs after her F3 dumpee because her head is suddenly "spinning".

They did similar scenarios on BURNING LOVE, the greatest three-show parody ever done on any show.

When Brett brought the lamp on night #1, I instantly was reminded of the Bachelorette version of BURNING LOVE when Blaze packed the mansion lamp in his suit case when he decided to "bounce" a.k.a. Frank/Bentley/Brooks style.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17o5vx_burning-love-blaze-departs-burning-love_news
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/hl-60305110/burning_love_blaze_departs_burning_love_season_2/

I guess what got me is how "100% certain" both Nick and Josh are about proposing and winning her. I dunno... I guess it seems too easy of a finish. You keep thinking there has to be a catch to all of this. It also seems a bit weird that they actually went to Verona, Romeo & Juliet land, just to dump Cody and so she can go on and on sobbing "I don’t ever want to be the cause of somebody’s pain or heartbreak or anything. I would rather feel the pain than I did last night, like, a million times over then do what I just did, like, I’d rather it be me than anyone else." Then she cross questions Josh about heartbreak.

Andi: There’s a part of me, like, that saw potential heartbreak.
Josh: That’s not gonna happen at all. Not with ME.
Andi: I’m just sayin’… there’s a part of me that was, like, THIS could end up in heartbreak
Josh: No. Not at all. Not with ME.
Andi: Why not with YOU?
Josh: Because it is not gonna happen with ME. It is just not it… and I tried telling you that last time. I guess it didn’t come out how I wanted to say.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:19 pm

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 79 of 79 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 77, 78, 79

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Soules - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

+69
Linds911
emusha
Jeepers
Kaltie
eirekay