SELECT CONTENT

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2

Page 21 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2 - Page 21 Empty Re: *No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2

Post by JBF Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:15 am

Hey! If Ashley wants her to be, I am all for it. I guess it depends on her... *drink!*... career. Will she have obligations to fulfill this spring or does she have time off?

It will be The Mundo Season of Nerdy Guys seeking a cerebral relationship.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2 - Page 21 Empty Re: *No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2

Post by iamreal2u Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:38 am

Anyone knows what the below means, or the significance of a cat on the show? Nikki heard a cat meowing during the bloopers.

“@Millsy11374: There was some pussy in those bloopers for @AshleySpivey #WTA #Bachelor”
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:40 am

iamreal2u wrote:Anyone knows what the below means, or the significance of a cat on the show?  Nikki heard a cat meowing during the bloopers.

“@Millsy11374: There was some pussy in those bloopers for @AshleySpivey #WTA #Bachelor”

Just a running joke with Ashley Spivey that's been going on for seasons.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:40 am

^^ Thanks.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:48 am

iamreal2u wrote:Sharlene saying that oceangate was buyer's remorse was very telling to me.  Would she know the outcome.

I thought that too though because he changed his tune right after his date with Nikki. If JP doesn't end up with anyone, I think Sharlene would love to have a fling with him. :Nod: 

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:37 am

JBF wrote:Hey! If Ashley wants her to be, I am all for it. I guess it depends on her... *drink!*... career. Will she have obligations to fulfill this spring or does she have time off?

It will be The Mundo Season of Nerdy Guys seeking a cerebral relationship.

She has several scheduled concerts this spring including some in New York that would preclude her doing the Bachelorette gig.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:57 am

grace8136 wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:Sharlene saying that oceangate was buyer's remorse was very telling to me.  Would she know the outcome.

I thought that too though because he changed his tune right after his date with Nikki. If JP doesn't end up with anyone, I think Sharlene would love to have a fling with him. :Nod: 

Ha! Me too.

And I agree re: buyer's remorse. So funny! I recall that JP started his cocktail party conversation with Clare (post late night swim) asking if she had told anyone in house. You could see him sigh in relief when she said no. After her little toast in front of other women, he had to take her down a notch or else her gloating would have jeopardized his other relationships ... namely his relationship with Nikki that obviously took off after their one on one.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:02 am

MVMom39forever wrote:
grace8136 wrote:

Ha! Me too.

And I agree re: buyer's remorse. So funny! I recall that JP started his cocktail party conversation with Clare (post late night swim) asking if she had told anyone in house. You could see him sigh in relief when she said no. After her little toast in front of other women, he had to take her down a notch or else her gloating would have jeopardized his other relationships ... namely his relationship with Nikki that obviously took off after their one on one.

LoL! Exactly.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:47 pm

*chuckle chuckle*... Just making sure everybody is on the same page with the discussion. Obviously everybody has their favorite and their own "filter system". Nothing wrong with that, since this is the time we all debate everything back and forth.

Juan did not ask Clare if the other ladies knew about the Ocean Romp. Clare volunteered that information.

Start at the 2:51 mark: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I will let the Body Language gurus determine if he is sighing a lot of relief here. All I hear is his calm smiling: "hmmmmm. I hope nobody knows. That's good". Then he switches the subject to "being fair" and Camilla.

The ladies made it clear, very vocally, that they had no idea it happened until it aired. They also had plenty to say about his use of "Camilla" and "being fair".

Regarding Sharleen's "buyers' remorse" comment... you need a Colliers Guide To Literature in order to figure out all of her abstract metaphors.

Just so I am straight with everybody's opinions here. Is the implication here that Sharleen knows Juan picked Clare and she thinks he is regretting picking the wrong woman? (I'll buy that one... not that Sharleen can "read" Juan's mind and know what he's thinking.) Or simply regretting picking the wrong woman for Ocean Romp? (Clare believed it was a MUTUAL decision with MUTUAL feelings.) Yet he would have rather done it with Nikki? Or felt guilty because he "fell out of lust" with Clare and "in like" with Nikki when their Vietnamese cave journey was The Greatest Date Evah?

When Ben Flajnik discussed his guilt on screen for skinnydipping with Courtney, he noted that he was starting to build connections with other women. I have yet to hear Juan say something similar. All he said in the above video link was "I'm too fair with people. There are ten other people I have to dedicate some time and I am getting to know all of you..."

Basically this is all that I know about Sharleen from the editing of the show...

1.) She and Clare seemed to get along OK on screen. No fights between them like Clare/Nikki, unless they all have been edited out.
2.) Clare's primary criticism is that she failed to see the "chemistry" between Sharleen and Juan in Korea, followed by Miami's "what is Sharleen?"... a remark regarding her frequent comments about wanting to leave and not feeling "it" with Juan.
3.) Sharleen's criticism was about an underlying possessiveness in episode #3, but this was rather nebulous. I will assume she was referring to Clare not coping well after her first date (although she didn't look like she was "buying" Andi's comments that Clare was "tick tock" after seeing her and Juan kiss), yet her lines can also be interpreted as others being jealous she had the first date as well.
4.) She had some comments to say in Vietnam about the way Juan was grabbing Clare, so she saw that connection... even if Chris Harrison successfully convinced her she was high up on Juan's "list".
5.) She also seemed to enjoy listening to Kelly comment in Vietnam about Clare "making it about herself" on dates (paraphrasing), so Sharleen had no trouble getting involved in the catfight commentary about Clare. (However, I don't think she ever had intense feelings, one way or another, about Clare like Nikki did... Clare was just another contestant to her.)
6.) She actually took Clare's side, rather than Juan's, in the discussion about how he handled his sitdown with her in Vietnam, despite the use of "buyer's remorse". This makes me speculate that she experienced "buyer's remorse" herself with a guy in the past. I don't know. Know nothing about her past... but sometimes ladies "speaketh" of what they know.
7.) At the end of the show, she announced she was Team Nikki, showing she is a friend (of sorts) with her. (I am not sure the "teams" indicated who they thought Juan would pick or whom they favored "in the house". For now, I will assume the former even though Harrison was rather odd in his questioning... just so he knew he would have two answers.)
8.) She did say that Juan is looking for a wife, while the others insist he is looking for a girlfriend. Whether she considers Nikki better wife material than Clare... hard call. Again, she did say she was on Team Nikki.

Anything I left out? Obviously there is more to add here.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:12 pm

Hey JBF, do you have this in your stash, it's my fav Hugesmile 

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:13 pm

I'll have to add it. *chuckle chuckle* My favorite scene is this one, when she wiggles all flirtatious and he lunges forward:

Clare: Yah? So… I know you have a daughter. (Yes) And I know you want more children. (Yes) And I was thinking maybe…
Juan: Having more children?
Clare (talking at the same time): Adding to it.

But enough of that. Time to get serious. (Oh pooh pooh.)

The best way to approach this is simply go through it line by line. I'll let others have fun with it. (Personally, I think they give the ending away in the middle, then throw us all these curve-balls in the second half.):

Nikki VO: St. Lucia is gorgeous and romantic (aerials, clips of Nikki's LCD in the ocean with him)
Nikki VO: ...and this is it. (Nikki and Juan stepping out)
Nikki VO: There's only one of us left after today. (Nikki kissing Juan in sand.)
Clare VO (Is she "one of us"?): I can definitely imagine my future with Juan Pablo. I've fallen in love with him. (Clare scenes with Juan. Helicopter ride.)
Nikki VO: Every little girl dreams of their wedding, dreams of the day they know they found someone. (Nikki scenes preparing with dress.)
Clare VO: It's all been my perfect vision of a fairy tale. I just want that... (Clare with dress)
Clare VO: ...perfect fairy tale ending (Juan's ring.)
Nikki VO: In a few days... (Juan in pink shirt grinning with unseen Neil Lane.)
Nikki VO: ...he's gonna be down on one knee (Nikki kissing Juan.)
Clare shown talking: I could have a ring on my finger.
Aerial of Juan and Clare on hilltop.
Cousin VO: That woman is in love... (Scene of Juan hugging his family.)... she's all in...
Juan to cousin: We've got to see the...
Cousin back: No, dude, all in. (Gee, I hope that Block Of Ice hasn't melted completely. I dislike flooding.)
Shot of Juan holding rose at FRC.
Nikki to mom: Do you think he's ready for this?
Mom's response: I'm pretty sure. (After she is shown, Nikki looks to the side... thinking.)
Dad: I'm telling you. He's not an easy guy.
Mom VO: Sometimes he's very rude. (Juan holding rose.)
Clare shown talking: He made me cry.
Mom: Me too.
Nikki (heard but not shown speaking): What's gonna happen when you don't have private islands any more? (Boat. Nikki under his arm... thinking.
Juan to Nikki: I won't (will?!?) have a bed by myself, probably. (After him, a confused Nikki.)
Nikki to Juan: Not all the time by yourself.
Juan: I know.
Clare VO (then shown): Do you think you know me well enough to make your decision? (Starts with Clare and Juan in field. Then her.)
Juan responding: That's a good question. (Followed by a concerned Clare look.)
Nikki VO: I can pick out all of the negative things and dwell on them. (Nikki grinning and nodding while Juan cuddles her in the ocean.)
Nikki shown: But I don't want to...
Nikki VO: ... lose this. (Nikki kissing Juan)
Shots of Clare on bed sobbing.
Nikki on couch sobbing.
Juan walking alone.

Last edited by JBF on Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:35 pm

I just finished making screen caps from the preview. One thing that stood out to me was how many close up shots we got of Juan and Nikki kissing. Is that a good indication that she is F1...or is that a distraction for the viewers? That's a serious question, btw. I don't know how to interpret this season...

Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions #2

+45
glazedover
atem
sparkler
marriedtoabaritone
Luvstruck