SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 18 - Episode 1 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 18 - Episode 1 -  Discussion - Spoilers - Page 12 Empty Re: The Bachelor 18 - Episode 1 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Starshine_16 Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:17 am

Okay I finally got a chance to watch last night's episode. No TV + ABC's stupid new policy meant that I was at the mercy of Youtube users who posted the whole episode on Youtube.

But I digress.

Anyway, I was actually very surprised by the episode. I truly like Juan Pablo and love the devotion he has to his daughter. Unlike a lot of people I didn't find it awkward that Sean came by to offer advice/tips whatever to Juan Pablo. Do I think that was a ploy by ABC to remind everyone that Sean and Cat's wedding is approaching quickly? Yes of course, but Sean was also successful in finding love on the show and Juan had no clue what he was getting himself into.

Now onto the girls...
Some of them were just nuts but of course that's par for the course.
-I nearly punched Valerie through the computer screen when she said "Ugly people need love too!" I mean, really?
-Andi was cute and her interactions with Juan Pablo seemed natural and not awkward at all.
-I just don't see Nikki as being the troublemaker of the house. I just don't. She did remind me of a blonde Courtney though so there's that.
-Clare, I just love this girl. Maybe because she's the first girl from my hometown to make it on this show. Maybe because she's quirky. I don't know. I just love her. I suspect that they will use the dead daddy story a LOT. Which of course bugs me.
-Rene was okay, I guess. I just didn't warm up to her that much. Maybe because she reminds me of AshLee and AshLee had serious tunnel vision that she didn't even realize Sean had checked out weeks earlier.
-Chelsie was cute and bubbly which made me happy. I was afraid that she would be an airhead.

Those are just my first impressions. Maybe they'll change, maybe they won't. I guess we'll find out.

Nephew: Christopher
Niece: Lillian
Nephew: Griffin
I am a proud aunt!
Starshine_16
Starshine_16

Female Posts : 1017

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 18 - Episode 1 -  Discussion - Spoilers - Page 12 Empty Re: The Bachelor 18 - Episode 1 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Mr Write Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:44 pm

Just watched the first episode.
On the positive side - it was much more entertaining than I thought it might be.
Also this is a pretty attractive group of women.
On the downside - there is virtually no mystery to the season as far as I can see, and so not much to sleuth. I don't see much point in going through the scs. The lack of sleuthing ruins the whole experience for me a little. Maybe I'll go unspoiled next season.

I suggested JP would pick Nikki a while back and I totally get why he did so. I think he would have marched off into the sunset with her as soon as he met her - if the producers would have let him. I think he also pretty much knew his top 5 on the first night.

Andi looks like a virtual shoe-in for the Bette. The only other realistic choice seems to be Clare, but film scheduling issues make it difficult for TPTB to bring back the F2 as the Bette.

Mr Write

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:27 pm

I hope there will be some sleuthing because so many of you are so darned good at it! I re-watched the previews at the end of the show and would love to see people try to figure out who some of these people are. Looks like there will be some drama and it will be interesting to see if Nikki turns out to be the bit** that many think she will be. He needs to weed through these crazy girls though and move them along. I didn't want to get hooked again but I just might have to keep watching. JP has a great sense of humor and tries to make the girls comfortable. I like that.

They always have such beautiful places to travel. My vote from this episode yes enough to keep watching....

Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:01 am

Mr Write wrote:Just watched the first episode.
On the positive side - it was much more entertaining than I thought it might be.
On the downside - there is virtually no mystery to the season as far as I can see, and so not much to sleuth.  I don't see much point in going through the scs.  The lack of sleuthing ruins the whole experience for me a little.  Maybe I'll go unspoiled next season.

I suggested JP would pick Nikki a while back and I totally get why he did so.   I think he would have marched off into the sunset with her as soon as he met her - if the producers would have let him.  I think he also pretty much knew his top 5 on the first night.

Andi looks like a virtual shoe-in for the Bette.  The only other realistic choice seems to be Clare, but film scheduling issues make it difficult for TPTB to bring back the F2 as the Bette.

Was Deanna The Bachelorette immediately following Brad's first season? If so, how was that pulled off - showing her as the heartbroken rejectee (and who as I seem to recall was hoping for a second chance with Brad) and concomitantly announcing her as the next lead?

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by motheroffive Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:12 am

docnash14 wrote:
Mr Write wrote:Just watched the first episode.
On the downside - there is virtually no mystery to the season as far as I can see, and so not much to sleuth.  I don't see much point in going through the scs.  The lack of sleuthing ruins the whole experience for me a little.  Maybe I'll go unspoiled next season.

I suggested JP would pick Nikki a while back and I totally get why he did so.   I think he would have marched off into the sunset with her as soon as he met her - if the producers would have let him.  I think he also pretty much knew his top 5 on the first night.

Andi looks like a virtual shoe-in for the Bette.  The only other realistic choice seems to be Clare, but film scheduling issues make it difficult for TPTB to bring back the F2 as the Bette.

Was Deanna The Bachelorette immediately following Brad's first season?  If so, how was that pulled off - showing her as the heartbroken rejectee (and who as I seem to recall was hoping for a second chance with Brad) and concomitantly announcing her as the next lead?

I believe Matt Grant's season was in between Brad's and Deanna's.

motheroffive

Female Posts : 2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosepetal Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:44 am

You are right Matt' season did air before Deanna' s but it is curious to note that Brad's first season aired Sep-Nov 07 (season 11), Matt's season aired from Mar-May 08 (season 12), and Deanna's season aired May-Jul 08 (season 4). So Deanna was engaged to Jesse less then a year after Brad dumped her.

http://epguides.com/Bachelorette/

http://epguides.com/Bachelor/
Rosepetal
Rosepetal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:52 pm

jimmy21 wrote:I doubt many "bro's" are on this site, but I'm one of 'em!  Hugesmile 

I tuned into the bachelorette, and surprisingly, got hooked. Don't know why. I had never watched the show before, but desiree seemed like such a sweet and genuine girl, the show was fun watch. Smiley Her episode long crying jag in the penultimate episode was totally heartbreaking, but also struck me as completely genuine.

I then swore I was never shallow enough to watch the bachelor. But darnit, I tuned in for a second, and the prospect of seeing 2 dozen hot chicks lusting after one man is a fantasy scenario that I simply can't turn down!

--

Now, as far as this first episode (I watched tonight, but I also heard there was an episode sunday?), I was fantasizing about being in JP's shoes, laugh out loud.

I really didn't sense a great chemistry between JP and any of the girls, but he seemed to fancy Charleen obviously, and Andi.

The only other thing I noticed is that JP seems to favor brunettes, a nice surprise.

Also, after reading some of the spoilers (couldn't resist the temptation), it sucks the show has so many plants.

Hi Jimmy! Nice to meet you Smiley

Hey you all! Sorry for not being around much, just busy and trying to keep blog going Smiley
 blowkiss blowkiss blowkiss 

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:21 am

Beeleever wrote:Hey, doc! Nice to see you here too. I liked what I saw of JP tonight, but I didn't like the ocean scene in the preview. I'm trying to keep an open mind, but if it looks like a repeat of Jake and Ben's seasons, I won't be able to. Having said that, I am happy if the spoilers are true and he didn't propose at the end. I have to wonder if Andi wasn't headed for the F1 and things changed when she eliminated herself. Or maybe like you said, he just didn't fall in love with any of them.

One thing that surprised me in his phone interview, was that he did not listen to or pay attention to what the girls were saying was going on in the house. So if Nikki was the house "b" like is being reported, he didn't care what they had to say. It seems if he were really serious about finding a wife and mother for his daughter, he would at least consider it as a possible red flag.

I also heard from a pretty credible source that Brad and Bettina had seen each other a few times post filming. But I've heard that of the F4, it was always Deanna, if anyone.

Just watched this episode and like JP more than I expected. In the ocean scene I paused and it looks like Nikki, but I also saw the strap of a bathing suit across the back, so I don't think it was skinny dipping, just them editing it to seem that way.

I actually thought Brad wanted Bettina too, but the HTD killed it. I think Deanna was a strong 2nd, but he just wasn't into her enough to see it out. That was a decision that I thought took a lot of guts. Deanna had the whole getting even vibe for her Bachelorette season, but she and Trista are the only F2 bachelorettes. Sadly, there have also been two F1 bachelorettes as well. I think they wanted Melissa over Jilly that year and Chantal over Ashley, but in both cases the F2 was not interested so we got F3s.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:46 pm

After watching the 2 specials & the first night, JPab does seem like a great guy and his adoration for Camilla is sweet. Interesting how his F4 were called out right away in the RC, & how much connection he had with them all. Also Clare was shown A TON. Could TPTB want her for their pick as the next Bachelorette? Though filming could interfere with ATFR & all that given she is supposedly F2. She could even be the F1! Kinda iffy on RS spoilers based on what happened last season! So far Nikki seems sweet but not for long!

As for the other girls, Lucy acts way younger then she really is, and is just an embarrassment on screen. Lordy. Victoria? (think that was the girl who is gonna run around drunk in tonight's episode) is gonna be a drama queen based on the previews. The rest don't really have an opinion yet. My favorites are still Renee & Clare.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  The Bachelor 18 - Episode 1 -  Discussion - Spoilers - Page 12 1f49c

The Bachelor 18 - Episode 1 -  Discussion - Spoilers - Page 12 8367-910 The Bachelor 18 - Episode 1 -  Discussion - Spoilers - Page 12 I_got_13 The Bachelor 18 - Episode 1 -  Discussion - Spoilers - Page 12 E5kqdm15 The Bachelor 18 - Episode 1 -  Discussion - Spoilers - Page 12 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11978

Back to top Go down

Post by SonjaB Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:06 am

I might skip the whole season . Just not feeling it with Juan Pablo . And the whole exploitive naked women and dogs photo shoot was a big turn off.

SonjaB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:53 am

SonjaB wrote:I might skip the whole season . Just not feeling it with Juan Pablo . And the whole exploitive naked women and dogs photo shoot was a big turn off.

I've been pretty critical of his smirk and the fact that he does not seem to be the brightest bulb in the pack but, sometimes the seasons where we don't get emotionally invested can be the most fun...and let's face it, the photo shoot was not his idea. No doubt some producer came up with the bright idea when naked Lucy was cast...let's see how many times we can get her naked and maybe a few others as well.

I was pleasantly surprised by how the teacher...Elise?...handled the situation and switched with Lucy. I don't know what Andi the lawyer was thinking. And I must also admit that I was also pleasantly surprised by JPab with how he handled the whole Victoria mess. Overall, I'm liking a few of his ladies...Renee, Clare, Andi, Sharleen and even JPab is not quite as annoying as I had anticipated...so far! Now if only he would stop with the stupid smirk and drawing out his syllables...Bacheeeeloooorrrr, Caaaaamilllllaaaa.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:56 am

^Andi was fully covered in nude undergarments which can be seen in the final photo. So I believe a compromise was reached and they just made it look like they were nude. Although Lucy actually was.

The Bachelor 18 - Episode 1 -  Discussion - Spoilers - Page 12 87b72b10 The Bachelor 18 - Episode 1 -  Discussion - Spoilers - Page 12 86669110 The Bachelor 18 - Episode 1 -  Discussion - Spoilers - Page 12 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 18 - Episode 1 - Discussion - Spoilers

+37
eliza3
Kelad9
anders
SonjaB
stuckinsc