SELECT CONTENT

Shandi Finnessey - Ready For Love - Fan Thread - Discussion

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shandi Finnessey - Ready For Love - Fan Thread - Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Shandi Finnessey - Ready For Love - Fan Thread - Discussion

Post by Laura Walsh Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:28 am

Doc Nash:

As I stated before I am a beginner on here so don't know how to pull up quotes et cetera so hope you will be patient with me.

Before I can put this show to bed I wondered if you could give me your thoughts on a couple of things.

I am such a fan of Shandi and at one time thought Ernesto was the perfect guy for her but was blindsided by all this about Eva.

I feel that as much as Ernesto is capable he did "love" Shandi. Here are my reasons why.

I think he let the other two go last week because he wanted to be alone with Shandi in Miami.

I think Ernesto's family are really nice people especially his mom and dad and I can't see Ernesto bringing them into this unless he did have intentions to at least give it a try with Shandi. I don't think he is one to do what he is told so I don't think he was told that he had to have the family there. All the family seemed really taken with Shandi. And when he made the toast to the beginning of a relationship I think he meant it.

I also think when he had that dinner at the Performing Arts and he was telling the story about his nieces, and that he "loved" Shandi was also true.

When on stage and they asked when he fell in love with Shandi and he was explaining it did seem genuine to me.

I know you said that in your work you watch people's expressions so I thought maybe you could tell me what you thought.

I didn't really expect anything mushy or gushy from Ernesto. Now that would have made me suspicious. I think he was telling his true feelings in his own way. This all, of course, could have only been an "in the moment" thing. But can't help believing that he did have strong feelings for her and not just physical. So I do think that as I stated before he got cold feet and that mixed with Eva was all he needed to end it with Shandi.

It's my opinion that once Ernesto and Eva do come out that we can almost do a count down to when it's over for them. Don't think Ernesto will be too crazy about being followed everywhere and his every move being made public. And we all know Eva's track record with men.

If my opinion of his mom and dad is correct, don't think they're too happy about an Ernesto/Eva relationship.

Thanks Doc Nash

Laura Walsh
Laura Walsh
Laura Walsh

Back to top Go down

Shandi Finnessey - Ready For Love - Fan Thread - Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Shandi Finnessey - Ready For Love - Fan Thread - Discussion

Post by Guest Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:34 pm

katiebaby wrote:I will say this:
My best friend is very close to a producer from the show and she told me that Ernesto's statement to his producer after kissing Alba was "It was like kissing a sea urchin."
And I have all the knowledge I need to know that I believe what I hear, that Ernesto basically did what he could so that Shandi had no choice but to end the relationship which made him look like the good guy so he could date Eva. Rumor has it (and I don't have as much proof on this) he has been trash talking Shandi too so that people think worse of her. I don't understand how they could though. She seemed incredibly sweet and personable.
The more I learn, the more I don't like him. He's just not a good person.
After reading these threads, I keep thinking of Eva giving the term "casting couch" a whole new meaning, from the cougar point of view! :puke:

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:15 am

Laura Walsh wrote:Doc Nash:

As I stated before I am a beginner on here so don't know how to pull up quotes et cetera so hope you will be patient with me.

Before I can put this show to bed I wondered if you could give me your thoughts on a couple of things.

I am such a fan of Shandi and at one time thought Ernesto was the perfect guy for her but was blindsided by all this about Eva.

I feel that as much as Ernesto is capable he did "love" Shandi. Here are my reasons why.

I think he let the other two go last week because he wanted to be alone with Shandi in Miami.

I think Ernesto's family are really nice people especially his mom and dad and I can't see Ernesto bringing them into this unless he did have intentions to at least give it a try with Shandi. I don't think he is one to do what he is told so I don't think he was told that he had to have the family there. All the family seemed really taken with Shandi. And when he made the toast to the beginning of a relationship I think he meant it.

I also think when he had that dinner at the Performing Arts and he was telling the story about his nieces, and that he "loved" Shandi was also true.

When on stage and they asked when he fell in love with Shandi and he was explaining it did seem genuine to me.

I know you said that in your work you watch people's expressions so I thought maybe you could tell me what you thought.

I didn't really expect anything mushy or gushy from Ernesto. Now that would have made me suspicious. I think he was telling his true feelings in his own way. This all, of course, could have only been an "in the moment" thing. But can't help believing that he did have strong feelings for her and not just physical. So I do think that as I stated before he got cold feet and that mixed with Eva was all he needed to end it with Shandi.

It's my opinion that once Ernesto and Eva do come out that we can almost do a count down to when it's over for them. Don't think Ernesto will be too crazy about being followed everywhere and his every move being made public. And we all know Eva's track record with men.

If my opinion of his mom and dad is correct, don't think they're too happy about an Ernesto/Eva relationship.

Thanks Doc Nash

Laura Walsh

Laura, I think you demonstrated great insight with your comments. As you recalled correctly, I have stated previously, I read a lot from facial expressions in working with my clients. I know Katiebaby would likely disagree with this but in examining Ernesto's I think he did have genuine feelings for Shandi. My guess is that Ernesto did, in fact, get cold feet and accordingly found it necessary to find an exit strategy. It appears that Eva obliged in providing him one.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by Wait-A-Minute Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:19 am

docnash14 wrote:
Laura Walsh wrote:Doc Nash:

Laura Walsh

Laura, I think you demonstrated great insight with your comments. As you recalled correctly, I have stated previously, I read a lot from facial expressions in working with my clients. I know Katiebaby would likely disagree with this but in examining Ernesto's I think he did have genuine feelings for Shandi. My guess is that Ernesto did, in fact, get cold feet and accordingly found it necessary to find an exit strategy. It appears that Eva obliged in providing him one.

isn't it also possible that he's a natural born actor or at least a well-practiced one?

Wait-A-Minute

Back to top Go down

Post by melisma Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:46 am

I think that perhaps many of us are giving Ernesto too much credit in all of this -- I think he came into this experience for his own good, for his own publicity, for selfish reasons. I thought it was "fishy" in the beginning when I recognized his sister as a contestant on Fashion Star at the same exact time as he was on RFL. She may be a designer in real life, but success is not her middle name. She was on her show to get publicity and perhaps a win for herself. Always seemed to me like it ran in the family.

Shandi is a gorgeous, smart, classy woman...and I believe he used her to toot his own horn. I just hope that she didn't actually do that!! Yuck!!

melisma

Back to top Go down

Post by Wait-A-Minute Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:43 am

melisma wrote:I think that perhaps many of us are giving Ernesto too much credit in all of this -- I think he came into this experience for his own good, for his own publicity, for selfish reasons. I thought it was "fishy" in the beginning when I recognized his sister as a contestant on Fashion Star at the same exact time as he was on RFL. She may be a designer in real life, but success is not her middle name. She was on her show to get publicity and perhaps a win for herself. Always seemed to me like it ran in the family.

Shandi is a gorgeous, smart, classy woman...and I believe he used her to toot his own horn. I just hope that she didn't actually do that!! Yuck!!

i don't think very many people go on any of these shows without some amount of self promotion in mind. but i also think a very small number of contestants become honestly invested in the process and take it seriously. i feel tim is a good example of that, which is probably why he did find someone and they are still together. but if what katiebaby posted here is true, ernesto came into the process with only one goal: self aggrandizement. according to katiebaby he even negotiated his sister to be on fashion star before he agreed to do this show. shandi probably also saw this show to be a stepping stone to something else, but i really feel that she too became invested in the process.

Wait-A-Minute

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Walsh Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:10 pm

In watching the finale with Ernesto and Shandi, it seemed to me that Shandi was not her usual self. I'm talking about when they were on stage together. Yes, she was as gracious as always but didn't see her smile like she always does. So I went back to some of her tweets and in a tweet after the show before the finale she tweeted that during final show she had a terrible kidney infection and went to the hospital and was there for two days.

So now I know why she wasn't herself. But IMO even being sick she still showed grace. Just love this girl.
Laura Walsh
Laura Walsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Walsh Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:22 pm

On After Buzz Sunday night they're having a show on the finale. They announced that they may have a couple special guests. Can't be Shandi because she's in Hawaii but I'm thinking maybe Angela. Angela mentioned she was going to be in California. Or maybe even Jenna and Tim.
Laura Walsh
Laura Walsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Wait-A-Minute Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:29 pm

Laura Walsh wrote:On After Buzz Sunday night they're having a show on the finale. They announced that they may have a couple special guests. Can't be Shandi because she's in Hawaii but I'm thinking maybe Angela. Angela mentioned she was going to be in California. Or maybe even Jenna and Tim.

or it could be eva and ernesto. they were spotted together just yesterday in hollywood, shopping at art galleries.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2337486/Eva-Longoria-takes-new-boyfriend-Ernesto-Arguello-art-gallery-shopping-gears-new-series.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/07/eva-longoria-ernesto-arguello-dating-photo-_n_3404017.html

http://www.x17online.com/celebrities/eva_longoria/eva_longoria_steps_out_with_ernesto_arguello_photos_060713.php

Wait-A-Minute

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:09 pm

Thanks, Wait-A-Minute: I feel badly for Shandi, to be betrayed this way. If Eva had simply been up front, I would have had no issue. Lying Latina!

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Walsh Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:05 am

Teddy 333

I just feel sad for Shandi because it was so real for her. And I think having it being aired so long after the filming has just brought it all back to her. And having the oh so public Eva and Ernesto is kind of like a slap in the face.

I thought it shows her character when she thanked everyone for their support, told them that she did find love on Ready for Love but it didn't work out and to please respect our privacy. If it were me I would have said please respect my privacy. But Ernesto thanked everyone for their support and said though it didn't work out after the show it was a great experience. And this showed to me Ernesto's character. Again, Ernesto thinking about Ernesto! What a disappointment he turned out to be.

At least Ben said he wished Angela well.

Shandi was asked once on twitter (and I'm paraphrasing) that she was Miss USA, gorgeous, et cetera but did she have any flaws? Her answer was, her biggest flaw was that she guards her heart so tightly but when she does open it up she falls hard.

So that's why I feel sad that she opened her heart and it got smashed.

But there is no doubt in my mind that Shandi will be the winner in the end. And what I mean by that is she will continue to do great things, she's already said she has a new TV show on in the fall. And no doubt she will find the perfect guy for her.
Laura Walsh
Laura Walsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:27 am

^^^ I agree Well said!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Shandi Finnessey - Ready For Love - Fan Thread - Discussion

+26
melisma
Laura Walsh
Rosepetal
Fruit Loops
mrsgrover