SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Page 1 of 49 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion Empty The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Love_Me Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We are now casting for Season 17 of The Bachelor and always encourage both guys and girls to apply or nominate someone online or via mail!

We will be holding open casting calls in May, June and July - stay tuned for cities and dates!

To get a jump start on the casting process, please send in an application, pictures and a video asap, just follow the mail-in directions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion Empty Re: The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by ninu Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:34 pm

Love_Me wrote:
We are now casting for Season 17 of The Bachelor and always encourage both guys and girls to apply or nominate someone online or via mail!

For some reason the way the bolded is phrased makes me rotfl
ninu
ninu

Female Posts : 2347

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion Empty Re: The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Newto Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm

In truth, all you need to be the lead on this show is to be a previous season's reject. Posters on the motherboard have spent years begging for some new faces.....all to no avail.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:52 am

Columbia, MD wrote:In truth, all you need to be the lead on this show is to be a previous season's reject. Posters on the motherboard have spent years begging for some new faces.....all to no avail.

Why not use F2 or F3 from Emily season. As the next Bachelor.

Back to top Go down

Post by Northstargirl Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:11 am

It is my understanding they do this every season for both series. They are always looking for the next lead, and will cast potential leads intentionally in the previous season to introduce them to the viewing audience, a sort of screen test.

This gives them a chance to see how the person comes across, whether people relate/respond to them. I think we see them go far even though they may not end up F2-3. Examples would be Kacie B, Graham, Chris, Jillian, Molly, Ali and Ryan.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes they can't get that one person to sign and we get a "Brad 2.0". Sometimes they have to come up with elaborate exits or the lead pulls a "Mesnick" and snatches the intended lead away at the ATFR! But they are always looking and planning contingencies.
Northstargirl
Northstargirl

Female Posts : 430

Back to top Go down

Post by terabithia Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:19 am

Joe1965 wrote:
Columbia, MD wrote:In truth, all you need to be the lead on this show is to be a previous season's reject. Posters on the motherboard have spent years begging for some new faces.....all to no avail.

Why not use F2 or F3 from Emily season. As the next Bachelor.

That's most likely what they'll do, Fleiss said in an interview they like the recycling format. It gives the audience someone familiar, we're already invested in their success (or failure, if we don't like the lead) before the season even starts. I see fans on msg boards say over and over they want someone new as the lead but I think they'll stick with recycling until they decide the franchise needs shaking up. Maybe then we'll see a new unattainable dream guy unveiled -- or some guy TPTB *think* fits that description.

They now ask for people to apply for the lead just so they can cast them on the other show. For example Jason applied to be the Bachelor and they invited him to be on DeAnna's season of the Bachelorette instead. I suspect some guys who claim they applied *just* to be on the Bachelorette actually first applied to be the lead but they won't admit it. It does seem a little egotistical, you think you're such an amazing catch that you deserve your pick of 25 screened women? If you get a group of men with that entitled attitude and put them in a house competing for one woman on the Bette... that could lead to some "good TV." Same with the ladies, the type of woman who thinks she deserves to be the star of the Bachelorette would probably be competitive and more likely to stir up drama, either because that's her default diva personality or she's trying extra hard to please producers (do/say whatever they request) so she'll get the role.

terabithia
terabithia

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:43 am

i would like to see Roberto as the bachelor really
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by tiger Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:15 am

I would like to see Michael Stagliano
tiger
tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:59 am

tiger wrote:I would like to see Michael Stagliano

He is a sweet and talented guy, but I'm not sure he knows what he wants................
Newto
Newto

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:10 pm

bilolo wrote:i would like to see Roberto as the bachelor really

I'm torn, as much as I'd love to see him as the bach, I don't want him being subjected to the Fleiss machine.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:31 pm

anders wrote:

I'm torn, as much as I'd love to see him as the bach, I don't want him being subjected to the Fleiss machine.

Anders - I totally agree with you. The Fleiss machine has gotten much worse over the years and Roberto appears to be such a nice guy. I'd hate to see him sliced and diced. :yes:
Newto
Newto

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:41 pm

Columbia, MD wrote:
anders wrote:

Anders - I totally agree with you. The Fleiss machine has gotten much worse over the years and Roberto appears to be such a nice guy. I'd hate to see him sliced and diced. :yes:

maybe they would give him a fair edit and go with the love story thing, he's a nice guy and i believe he would not cause them any problem
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 49 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

+103
RealityEscape
momoftrips
Alexxxx
dee
Ladybug82