SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 17 Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 17 Discussion - *Spoilers* Empty DWTS Season 17 Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by emiusacska Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:12 pm

Here are the celebrities for Season 17.  I do not know who is paired with who

Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi -- The "Jersey Shore" alum is now starring on MTV's "Snooki and JWow." She hopes to do better than "Shore" co-star Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino, who finished ninth in season 11.

Keyshawn Johnson -- So if the former NFL wide receiver and current ESPN analyst wins it all, will he ask Bergeron to "give him the damn ballroom"?
Valerie Harper -- The TV sitcom icon was diagnosed with a rare and lethal form of brain cancer but has said she is feeling much better, and doctors have told her there is "less evidence of cancer" now.

Brant Daugherty -- The actor played Noel Kahn on ABC Family's "Pretty Little Liars" and Patrick Clarke on Lifetime's "Army Wives."

Christina Milian -- The entertainer had a Top Five hit with 2004's "Dip It Low" and was "social media correspondent" for NBC's "The Voice."

Bill Nye -- America's favorite "Science Guy" told The New York Times in 2008 that he was "obsessed" with swing dancing, going out to the dance floor up to four nights a week.

Elizabeth Berkley -- She danced like a high school student on TV's "Saved by the Bell," then twirled around a pole (among other antics) for the film "Showgirls." Hopefully she'll find a middle ground on "Dancing With the Stars."

Corbin Bleu -- He danced up a storm as Chad Danforth in the "High School Musical" trilogy and was recently seen as Jeffrey King in the online relaunch of the soap "One Life to Live."

Amber Riley -- The actress announced this year that she would no longer be a regular on Fox's "Glee," where she's played Mercedes Jones since 2009.

Bill Engvall -- The "Blue Collar" comic may have to give himself a sign if he exits early.

Jack Osbourne -- The reality TV star hopes to do better than sister Kelly, who finished third way back in the ninth season.

Leah Remini -- The actress briefly co-starred with fellow contestant Berkley on "Saved by the Bell" during the "Malibu Sands" era. Could we see a beach dance-off between the two?
emiusacska
emiusacska

Female Posts : 301

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 17 Discussion - *Spoilers* Empty Re: DWTS Season 17 Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by atem Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Thanks for starting the new thread!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 17 Discussion - *Spoilers* Empty Re: DWTS Season 17 Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Litta123 Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:28 pm

Here's a link to the Daily Mail article with a lot of the pro-celebrity pairings for this upcoming season:

Meet the new cast of Dancing With The Stars! Valerie Harper, Snooki, Jack Osbourne and Leah Remini lead latest line-up for hit show

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by emiusacska Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:27 pm

I will post them here the pairings and than we can comment on them

Elizabeth Berkeley - Valentin Chmerkovskiy

Corbin Bleu - Karina Smirnoff

Brant Daugherty - Peta Murgatroyd

Bill Engvall - Emma Slater

Valerie Harper - Tristan MacMamus

Keyshawn Johnson - Sharna Burgess

Christina Milian - Mark Ballas

Bill Nye - Tyne Stecklein

Jack Osbourne - Cheryl Burke

Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi - Sasha Farber

Leah Remini - Tony Dovolani

Amber Riley - Derek Hough

emiusacska
emiusacska

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:18 pm

I am guessing Val/ Elizabeth win and the first cut will be Brant (no one knows who he is).

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by emiusacska Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:58 pm

Brant as I mentioned above is an actor from the series Pretty Little Liars.
emiusacska
emiusacska

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:59 pm

emiusacska wrote:Brant as I mentioned above is an actor from the series Pretty Little Liars.
Yeah, but I bet the majority of the viewers don't know who he is and he hasn't been on the show recently.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

I am dreading having Valerie on the show. It is bad enough when they have older people on just due to how physically taxing the show is, but, the woman was practically at deaths door and now she will be expected to keep up with everyone else? How will that be possible? And you know they will milk her illness for all it's worth. Just wait till the usual what horrible thing happened to you in the past episode...and my tragedy can trump your tragedy. I expect that show will be very early just in case she doesn't last very long...although because she is still well known and liked and the illness...people will vote for her to stay. It just feels so exploitive.

On another note...Tristian seems to be the new Tony...partnered up with the older woman who really has no chance of winning. Too bad because he is one of my favourites. And why is Derek still here? I thought he "left" the show, but, in fact, he never did.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:30 am

I do feel for Tristian. I don't get it myself with how they put the pairings.

What I don't like is how they are doing eliminations. It's based on the judges scores and then the audience doesn't get to vote until the NEXT Monday. To say that the judges don't have total power now is totally crazy.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:52 pm

There is no elimination the 1st week, but we can still vote, so the couple with the less amount of judges & viewers votes from the 1st 2 weeks will be eliminated. That continues every week from what I've been reading.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Linds911 wrote:There is no elimination the 1st week, but we can still vote, so the couple with the less amount of judges & viewers votes from the 1st 2 weeks will be eliminated. That continues every week from what I've been reading.

The judges will score them and then the viewers can't vote until that next Monday.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:48 pm

I told you guys that the judges have way more power:

“Episode 1701″ — “Dancing with the Stars” is back with an all-new cast and fresh show format. The competition begins with the two-hour season premiere, live, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 16 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. “Dancing with the Stars” will shake things up this season by transitioning to a one night, two-hour format. The premiere episode will kick off with a spectacular opening number featuring the entire cast. Each couple will then perform a Cha Cha, Foxtrot or Contemporary routine, vying for America’s vote for the first time. Beginning with the second episode on Monday, September 23, one couple will be eliminated at the end of the show by combining the judges’ scores from the first two weeks with the public votes from the previous week.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 17 Discussion - *Spoilers*

+5
Linds911
Sprite
Litta123
atem
emiusacska