SELECT CONTENT

Desiree Hartsock's Bachelorette 9 Blogs - Discussion

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Desiree Hartsock's Bachelorette 9 Blogs - Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Desiree Hartsock's Bachelorette 9 Blogs - Discussion

Post by Cecilia Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:51 am

gabriele wrote:
beader wrote:If you are "pretending that the possibility is still there for the others," then you don't announce to the camera that you are 100% in love with Brooks.  Not a cool thing to do, Des.  
i think the reason we are seeing this is because of the storyline with brooks and how he's her favorite, things will totally fall apart, he leaves and then comes back to steal the day. if that weren't the storyline then we wouldn't see des saying any of this at all. i do feel badly for chris though as watching the show i'm sure he is realizing it was always brooks. jmo.

Not Des's fault. Producers fault. Every season they want to make different. This season: there is one front runner from beginning, how do we make it interesting? I actually like Des more now that I see her choice and the unwaivering about her choice. Although, I worry about the longevity of this relationship TBH.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Desiree Hartsock's Bachelorette 9 Blogs - Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Desiree Hartsock's Bachelorette 9 Blogs - Discussion

Post by Pattycake92 Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:59 am

I'm sure that Ashley said the same thing about JP, they just didn't show it. I like it!
Pattycake92
Pattycake92

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:58 pm

The Bachelorette's Desiree Hartsock Blogs: I Was Put on the Spot!

Former Bachelor contestant Desiree Hartsock is calling the shots and handing out the roses as the current star of The Bachelorette. The bridal stylist will blog all season long on PEOPLE.com about her dates, the guys and the difficult decisions she must make. You can also follow Desiree on Twitter.

It's not everyday you have all your ex-boyfriends in one room ready to put you on the spot, but that is exactly what I had to deal with on Men Tell All.

I was anxious, nervous and also excited to see all the men I had sent home. It was an emotional journey and I have nothing but fond memories – of most of them.

Before the shoot, I received advice from former Bachelorettes Emily, Ashley and Ali. Who better to talk to about how to handle some of the "bad boys" from my season? I know Emily really went after Kalon and Ali and Ashley were disappointed they were unable to address their bad boy cowards, Bentley and Justin "Rated R."

Walking out on that stage brought mixed emotions. Seeing Zak W, Juan Pablo, and Michael, I wanted to run over and hug them. Seeing James and Ben, I wanted to turn and run, because I'm tired of the drama. But I remembered what my Bachelorette girlfriends told me, so I went for it.

Although that first night I was intrigued by Ben, my opinion began to change when I started having an intuitive, cautious feeling about his intentions. I also had concerns about his sincerity even before the guys approached me about him, so it was interesting to see his true colors when he went home in that limo.

I wanted to see if he learned anything about himself, but, unfortunately, he is the same man today as he was on the show. He wears a face of trickery, and I don't think either of us will ever know who he really is.

Relief Is Sweet
It felt great to tell him what I thought, because I never wanted him to think that he got away with anything. I was glad to hear he regretted some of the things he said in the limo, and at the end of the day, I do hope the best for him.

Another questionable personality that stirred up a lot of drama in the house was James. He and I had a wonderful date in Atlantic City and a strong connection, so it was surprising to hear the things he said in private that contradicted how I felt about him.

I had a hard time deciding whether or not to send him home. Watching it back, I wish I had sent him home on those steps in Spain, but his words were too smooth for me to do that. I feel manipulated, like I was buying every word he was selling. I'm glad that after watching it back I was able to express to him how I felt about the situation.

The Bachelorette's Desiree Hartsock Blogs: I Was Put on the Spot!| Celebrity Blog, Bachelorette, Chris Harrison, Desiree Hartsock

Desiree Hartsock and the men of The Bachelorette

Kevin Foley / ABC
As for the one man who needed the most redemption, Brian had the audacity to come on the show with a girlfriend, but couldn't even face his faults during Men Tell All. An apology would have sufficed, but I suppose that shows more of his character.

There were a few guys I was really happy to see. Juan Pablo is such a great guy. He embodies many attractive qualities and not just his incredible good looks. I wish I could have explored that relationship more, but knew that I had stronger relationships formed and didn't want to involve his daughter when I already knew that we didn't have a future.

It was also great to see Michael smiling and looking happy, because I know that goodbye was a harder one for us both.

Seeing Zak W. was the highlight of my night. He lights up an entire room with his energy and smile, so I was hoping to see that come alive after an incredibly emotional goodbye. I adored his family and have always adored his outlook on life, but there was just something missing between us. It was difficult to face him, because we were both at a loss of words

Biggest Surprise
The biggest surprise came when he pulled out his guitar and sang to me. It was such a beautiful song that expressed exactly how he felt about the goodbye and moving on. I love that he always has something new to share and can be vulnerable enough to express it. He is so deserving of love. I would love to see him have the opportunity to choose from 25 suitable women to find it. Who's with me on that?

Overall, it was exciting and fun to see everyone at Men Tell All and to hear what they had to say after watching the episodes. It has been an unforgettable journey thus far, and I appreciate the men coming together once again to re-live the experience. And Brandon looked great and didn't even cry!

Next week, tune in for one of the most emotional episodes ever – which is a really weird thing to write, because it is my life we are talking about here! It will be a defining moment for me in my journey to find love.

Thank you for watching and reading my bachelorette blog!
XOXO
Desiree

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:39 pm

The Bachelorette: Desiree Hartsock Blogs About Being 'Blindsided and Heartbroken'

Antigua was the perfect destination to continue my relationships with the three remaining guys on The Bachelorette. Each one has such incredible qualities but Brooks stood out.

So let's start with what I'm sure you are all wondering about ... My relationship with Brooks was always secure and confident when we were together, but I never knew what was going through his mind when we were apart. That should have been a red flag, but sometimes love is blind.

I never wanted to believe that maybe this experience was more than just hard for Brooks, and that he potentially wasn't on the same page as me regarding our relationship. From our dates, notes passed and words spoken, he led me to believe that he was on board and wanted this to work out. I had such strong feelings for him that I couldn't imagine not reaching the full potential of a proposal.

I was surprised watching the episode and seeing the conversations Brooks had with his mother and sister and with Chris Harrison, expressing his doubts and feelings. He never expressed those concerns with me until it was too late. I was completely blindsided and heartbroken by his exit.

It's hard enough to go through a difficult breakup once, so you can imagine how uncomfortable it is to relive it. When he first greeted me on that beach, I knew that something was wrong and I was shocked to learn exactly how he felt. It was so different from how he felt during his hometown date (or what he had expressed to me).

I am relieved now that he was honest about his feelings and that he was brave enough to address them before taking the relationship further. I wish Brooks could have felt more comfortable coming to me sooner but it was better that it happened in Antigua and not down the road.
The Other Guys
Brooks saying goodbye left me questioning everything, but before seeing him, I did have great dates with the other guys.

Drew is such a loving and caring man and he is truly ready to commit and start a family. The date we shared in Antigua was a great way to start off the week and I was so glad to experience the culture and scenery with him.

The rain couldn't have ruined our date because it was more about what was being discussed, than the beautiful, romantic setting on the beach. That night, away from cameras, I was able to learn more about his childhood, high school years and future goals. All of that gave me even more insight to what a life would be like with Drew.

Chris almost seemed too good to be true. The great thing about our relationship is that we connected on all levels and that made hanging out a lot of fun. I felt right at home on the beach, splashing in the water and being in Chris's arms. It was such a relief and a turning point in our relationship to discuss what a future would look like together.

He was so nervous to discuss relocating, but that is such an important discussion to have and I'm glad that he brought it up. I have always been open to that if I love someone because I don't feel I have roots anywhere. This turned out to be a positive talk that brought us closer together.
Moving Ahead?
My dates with Chris and Drew were so wonderful, but Brooks's departure really threw me for a loop. I didn't know what to do and I seriously considered going home and calling it all quits.

In a breakup, emotions are high and it takes self-reflection to gain clarity and peace. I was heartbroken by Brooks leaving and uncertain of what the future held. But knew that I had two incredible men still there who did love me and I wanted to see this through.

Could get past this heartbreak to love either one of them as much as they both deserved? And would we ever get the opportunity to explore that? I promised myself from the beginning that I was here for love and not just to go through the motions. I had to remind myself that if I wasn't feeling enough for the guys, I wouldn't stay.

Stay tuned next week to find out what happens with Brooks, my broken heart and the remaining men.

Thanks for watching and for reading my Bachelorette blog!

XOXO
Desiree

umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattycake92 Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:43 pm

Find out what happens with Brooks? Ummm....didn't she say earlier that he said goodbye? Guess not?
Pattycake92
Pattycake92

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:56 pm

See something just doesn't jive with this. Brooks never expressed any doubt about or to Des up until fantasy dates? I'm sure they would have expressed some of their feeling in the notes they passed (reminds me of Paige and Jeremiah) Something sure spooked him, wouldn't be surprised at all if it was a producer messing with his head no no  I still have not doubt he's her f1

Back to top Go down

Post by black_tears Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:00 pm

umngirl wrote:The Bachelorette: Desiree Hartsock Blogs About Being 'Blindsided and Heartbroken'

The Other Guys
Brooks saying goodbye left me questioning everything, but before seeing him, I did have great dates with the other guys.

Could get past this heartbreak to love either one of them as much as they both deserved? And would we ever get the opportunity to explore that? I promised myself from the beginning that I was here for love and not just to go through the motions. I had to remind myself that if I wasn't feeling enough for the guys, I wouldn't stay.

Stay tuned next week to find out what happens with Brooks, my broken heart and the remaining men.

Thanks for watching and for reading my Bachelorette blog!

XOXO
Desiree

Well her blog just spoiled it all for me. Look at the way she describes Chris and Drew. The other men, the remaining men...and then Brooks. Wait until next week to find out what happens with Brooks and uh, um..those other dudes. Well...spoilers are dead on...Brooks realizes he was an idiot, comes backs and proposes, and she accepts. I really hope it works for them, but I am way skeptical of this relationship working behind maybe 6 months tops. Ah well.
black_tears
black_tears

Female Posts : 1107

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:09 pm

I noticed that offhanded way she referred to the other two, too. If she did pick Chris or Drew, right up until the end she's making it look very bad for them; that they are only a default.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:15 pm

I'm sad/embarrassed that I laughed at "uh, um..those other dudes" because I really like Chris and Drew and hate that they get their hearts broken. I have always felt that Brooks and Des are good together and want to see them give this a serious go because if I feel had they met off of this show and dated without any other guys, producer manipulations, etc., they wouldn't be having these issues. JMO.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by b Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:09 pm

Max64 wrote:See something just doesn't jive with this.  Brooks never expressed any doubt about or to Des up until fantasy dates?  I'm sure they would have expressed some of their feeling in the notes they passed  (reminds me of Paige and Jeremiah)  Something sure spooked him, wouldn't be surprised at all if it was a producer messing with his head   no no   I still have not doubt he's her f1

RE: the bolded.  They showed his doubt b/f the HTD when he said he wasn't sure if he even wanted to continue with 'the journey'.  Then after the HTD, he seemed more reassured; then a few days later even b/f he spent time with her on the FD, he wants to leave.  To me, if he really was unsure, he would've spent time with her on FD as he's said that he 'forgets' when she's not with him.  This date would've given him the most time he'd ever had with her.  He didn't want to stay.  He chose to leave b/c he was sure he wasn't falling in love with her (which I commend).  I think I read on here that CH said Brooks had wanted to leave for 3 weeks.  I agree he was back and forth last night with his comments, but was it b/c he was trying to make it better for her, or was he thinking maybe I really do love her.  My concerns: he still said he didn't 'love' her, even after he realized he was her choice-and-then his comments in the limo.  I'm not saying she didn't take him back, just that its a mess.

b

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:13 pm

Max64 wrote:See something just doesn't jive with this.  Brooks never expressed any doubt about or to Des up until fantasy dates?  I'm sure they would have expressed some of their feeling in the notes they passed  (reminds me of Paige and Jeremiah)  Something sure spooked him, wouldn't be surprised at all if it was a producer messing with his head   no no   I still have not doubt he's her f1

Something happened to put doubts in his head. That HTD went to good plus all the things he said just doesn't add up to what he is saying now.

So Des and Brooks were passing notes just like Sean and Cat.
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattycake92 Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:20 pm

Des and Brooks were passing notes during the season. Do you think she would have told us that if she was currently engaged to Chris or Drew?
Pattycake92
Pattycake92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Desiree Hartsock's Bachelorette 9 Blogs - Discussion

+31
albean99
Bhaka
beader
MVMom39forever
Baseball Mom