SELECT CONTENT

Desiree Hartsock's Bachelorette 9 Blogs - Discussion

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Desiree Hartsock's Bachelorette 9 Blogs - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Desiree Hartsock's Bachelorette 9 Blogs - Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:07 pm

Desiree's Blog Episode 3

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Desiree Hartsock's Bachelorette 9 Blogs - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Desiree Hartsock's Bachelorette 9 Blogs - Discussion

Post by umngirl Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:52 am

The Bachelorette: Desiree Blogs About Atlantic City Dates

After a week of deceit and drama, a new location is all I needed to start fresh on The Bachelorette. As soon as we arrived in Atlantic City, I could feel a different energy. I was excited to be in a place I had never been before – and I was really excited to see the guys!

After Brad told me about his son and failed relationship with the mother, I needed to learn more and see if we had a connection. He is more reserved and quiet than most of the men, so I wanted to bring out his inner child on our date. We had a blast on the Steel Pier rollercoasters and other rides. I could see more of his personality come through.

It is important for me to be able to communicate and have natural banter with a partner. During the day I thought I had found that connection ... but dinner with Brad was painfully awkward. I hoped the great day we had would continue, but we lacked chemistry. He is such a kind-hearted man and has so much to offer, but I couldn't give him the rose. It was difficult to send a great man home. But I had to if I wanted to find the man of my dreams.

Mr. America
The men have a lot of personality bottled up inside, so what better way for them to let it out than a special Bachelorette Mr. America pageant! I couldn't wait to see the men strut their stuff down the runway and show off their special talents ... or lack of.

Kasey's story about tap dancing as a child was hilarious and by far the most creative of the bunch. He also answered the question honestly and without hesitation, which is why he won "The Bachelorette's Mr. America." A lot of the "talents" were not meant to be serious, so I appreciated that all the men were great sports. Also, watching hot bodies walk the stage in swim shorts wasn't too bad, either!

I continue to be surprised by Zak W. and his thoughtful, romantic ways. The song he wrote and sang was incredible. He is extremely talented! The words he wrote are just how I want a man to feel about me. Hearing Zak play melted my heart, and I saw this incredible depth to him. The friendship we started from that first day was being transformed into a romantic connection. My heart is starting to be spread thin.

Another surprise came from Chris, who shared a poem that he wrote. I write poetry as well. Knowing we have that common interest was more than I could have imagined. He showed another side, and that left me intrigued.

I had a bit of a steamy session with Brooks in the spa. Whew!

More Drama
Those were the good parts of the night.

I could sense tension among the men concerning Ben, but didn't know the extent of it. It made me so uncomfortable during our one-on-one time by the pool in plain view of the other men that I couldn't focus on our conversation. I think it's important to keep each relationship separate and out of sight of the others. I still found Ben sweet and confident, so I decided to keep him around and find out more because true colors can only be shown at the right moment.

I wanted to try and understand the scope of what Sandy did to the East Coast. I was blown away by the destruction and couldn't begin to understand what the families must have gone through. Although some time has passed since the storm, those communities still need support. It is an eerie feeling to see the boardwalk in Seaside Heights completely stripped of the character and joy it once symbolized. The Red Cross has done so much already and can still help. Please visit redcross.org/thebachelorette.

He Cheated
I knew James was a loving man and truly cares for others, so it was nice to share this special day with him. Listening to Manny and Jan's story about the storm was so touching. It made me feel so grateful for this opportunity. They missed their anniversary because of the storm, so I wanted Manny and Jan to get that day back by giving them the date I had planned for James and me.

James was great about everything. Having pizza at a local restaurant was a wonderful way to find out more about each other. I really enjoyed being out in public with James and seeing what a night in Chicago with him could be like. He opened up about his past relationship and cheating on his ex. I appreciated his honesty and believe that no one should be judged by their past. I was disappointed because I had been cheated on, but I was hopeful that James was so forthcoming because he would never do it again. I decided I was not going to hold it against him.

Seeing Manny and Jan looking over their wedding album was a moment I will never forget. Although so much was lost to Sandy, their love was intact. Ending the night dancing in James's arms made me feel secure and happy about the date. Also, being a part of such a wonderful day together created a bond and an even stronger connection between us.

Next stop is Germany! The dates continue to be full of adventure and romance while more drama unfolds in Munich! This will be my first trip to Europe!

Get ready for beautiful sightseeing, Lederhosen, sledding down the Alps and the most awkward date of my life! I've watched two-on-one dates on TV, but having to live one was painful.

Thank you for watching and reading my Bachelorette blog!

xoxo Desiree

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:44 pm

Thanks umgirl! yes

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by b Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:37 pm

She mentioned all of her F4 except Drew

b

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:42 pm

b wrote:She mentioned all of her F4 except Drew

She has not mentioned at all in any of her blogs.

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:05 pm

Did I miss the steamy scene in the spa with Brooks???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:08 pm

nd4reality wrote:

That is weird.

Also, out of the 4 blogs, chris, brooks AND zak w have been mentioned in 3 of them atleast once. But no drew...

Wonder why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:09 pm

Max64 wrote:Did I miss the steamy scene in the spa with Brooks???
Apparently we ALL did. Darn those producers!
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:24 pm

nymeria wrote:
nd4reality wrote:

That is weird.

Also, out of the 4 blogs, chris, brooks AND zak w have been mentioned in 3 of them atleast once. But no drew...

Wonder why.

Even she is hiding him. Is his real name waldo ?

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by terabithia Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Jillian barely mentioned Reid in her blogs, even when she had a date with him, and some of us thought maybe she was hiding him on purpose -- because he was F1. I think Jillian felt very uncomfortable about Reid coming back with a ring and she didn't want to fool around with pretending/teasing her fans that he could be the one. She was smart, she would've made a lot more fans angry with her if she had written the usual misleading BS about their strong connection and seeing him in her future, etc. 

Maybe something really weird (to borrow a word from Fleiss) happened with Drew in the finale and Des is avoiding talking about him, either consciously or not. It'll be interesting to see how she handles writing about Drew's 1-on-1 and HTD.
terabithia
terabithia

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:09 pm

I don't know. With Sean's one word game with Ashlee, it was obvious he didn't pick her and Desiree put 'kindhearted' for Drew.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:09 pm

terabithia wrote:Jillian barely mentioned Reid in her blogs, even when she had a date with him, and some of us thought maybe she was hiding him on purpose -- because he was F1. I think Jillian felt very uncomfortable about Reid coming back with a ring and she didn't want to fool around with pretending/teasing her fans that he could be the one. She was smart, she would've made a lot more fans angry with her if she had written the usual misleading BS about their strong connection and seeing him in her future, etc. 

Maybe something really weird (to borrow a word from Fleiss) happened with Drew in the finale and Des is avoiding talking about him, either consciously or not. It'll be interesting to see how she handles writing about Drew's 1-on-1 and HTD.
I love reading insight like this from seasons past because though I watched the season, I didn't follow forums nor anything other than what was shown on the show. Time will tell with Drew I guess.

Last edited by Piper61 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Desiree Hartsock's Bachelorette 9 Blogs - Discussion

+31
albean99
Bhaka
beader
MVMom39forever
Baseball Mom