SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 9 - General Media - Discussion

Page 2 of 48 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 9 - General Media - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 9 - General Media - Discussion

Post by Love_Me Thu May 23, 2013 9:27 pm

'Bachelorette' 2013: Desiree Hartsock interview - 5 highlights (Video)

Posted 05/23/2013 1:24 PM PT by OnTheRedCarpet.com Staff

When Desiree Hartsock competed for the affections of Sean Lowe on season 17 of "The Bachelor," she fell short of the final rose after a visit home resulted in a tete-a-tete betwen Lowe and her protective brother, who called him a "playboy" on national television.

Despite only reaching the final four, the 27-year-old bridal designer won the hearts of the show's fans. Her popularity has allowed her to continue her quest for love as the star of season 9 of "The Bachelorette," which will premiere on Monday, May 27 on ABC.

Hartsock spoke to OTRC.com about the upcoming season, in which she will have the opportunity to pick and choose from the 25 suitors in competition for her hand in marriage. The Los Angeles native talked about her "extremely emotional and dramatic" journey, which involved lessons in love, a reappearance from her brother and "lots of abs."

Check out 5 highlights from OTRC.com's exclusive interview with Desiree Hartsock below and watch the videos above for the extended version.

1. It'll be just bikinis for Desiree Hartsock on "The Bachelorette."

OK, so, what is your bikini budget for this season?

"[laughs] I don't have one! No, I don't know."

Because the guys are always seemingly without a shirt, so I suspect you'll be traipsing around in next to nothing.

"Exactly. I had to be a part of it. If they were gonna have their shirts off all the time, so you'll see a lot of abs... from them, not me."

Are you ever in a one-piece, or is it all bikini?

"No, all bikini."

You smile when you say that, but...

"Because we really were in our swimwear a lot."

But aren't there wardrobe malfunctions that can happen when you're walking around like that?

"Mmm, we're careful. We're very careful."

2. Her brother will return.

So, back to last season. You got a lot of attention with what your brother said. And he ended up being quite right. So, will your brother be back to help be a little bird in your ear singing?

"My brother will be in the show. He will be in the show."

Are you happy? Do you thank him now?

"Of course! I mean, he was looking out for me. It was circumstantial. It wasn't how he feels about everything. So he's supportive of me this season."

3. Is she in love? Maybe ...

Are you in love right now?

"I, um, to be honest, this journey was extremely emotional and dramatic and there's going to be a lot of surprises. And you'll just have to stay tuned."

See why I say I can be... I'm not convinced you're in love.

"Well, you'll have to stay tuned."

You're tough, you know. You're tough. But when you talk about that, I can see a little bit of glassy eyes.

"Glassy eyes? [laughs] I believe in love. I truly do, that's why I did the show. I believe it's real and it can happen. It can happen online. It can happen at the grocery store. It can happen in the office. Why not on TV?"

But if we're gonna invest all these weeks in watching you seemingly fall in love, we kinda do wish for a happy ending. And you're not telling me there's a happy ending.

"I want you to be able to watch and be surprised because there are so many twists and turns. And it's gonna be interesting to watch, and I can't say if I am or if I'm not."

4. Will she get married ... on TV?

[The bachelors] need to know that their odds are 1 in 25 that their life could kinda change in a dramatic way. So, I believe that Sean may take ABC up on its offer and get married in primetime. Would you ever want your wedding to be so public?

"Um, if, and when, that time comes, I would give it a thought. But a wedding to me is really special, and it's& I want it to be intimate and small, so odds are, I don't know, to be honest."

5. What "The Bachelorette" taught her ...

What did being "The Bachelorette" teach you about being yourself that makes you a stronger person, a better person, a happier person?

"Um, let's see. Actually, I think just what I learned throughout it is that sometimes in life I always thought I knew what I wanted in my life. But I think I learned and I realized what I actually needed in my life. And that was a huge learning curve for me."
'Bachelorette' 2013: Desiree Hartsock interview - 5 highlights (Video)
Sometimes, when you do these shows and you see the person that you might be in love with, there's suddenly a 3-year-old that's part of his or her life, you know, where you could be an instant mom. Exciting for you?

"Oh yeah. If someone I end up loving has kids, I mean, I'm okay with that. I mean, I don't see anything wrong."

You really went into this with an open mind.

"Yeah! Completely."

Reporting by George Pennacchio and Cari Skillman of KABC Television, which produces the entertainment show "On The Red Carpet" (check for local TV listings).

Can't get enough "Bachelorette"? Check out Desiree Hartsock's interview with WABC Television, sister station of OTRC.com's parent company, KABC.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 9 - General Media - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 9 - General Media - Discussion

Post by Love_Me Fri May 24, 2013 7:18 am

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 ABC Television Network

PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT - LIVE TWITTER CHAT WITH THE BACHELORETTE DESIREE HARTSOCK DURING

SEASON PREMIERE, MONDAY, MAY 27
LIVE TWITTER CHAT WITH "THE BACHELORETTE" DESIREE HARTSOCK FOR THE SEASON PREMIERE OF THE SERIES, MONDAY, MAY 27

Fans of ABC's hit romance reality series "The Bachelorette" will be able to submit questions and receive real-time responses from the Bachelorette herself, Desiree Hartsock, who will be up on Twitter at @DesHartsock during the East Coast broadcast of this season's premiere, MONDAY, MAY 27, from 8:00-10:01 p.m., ET.

In the premiere episode, "Episode 901," 25 eligible men come from all over to try and win Desiree's heart. Immediately the drama and one-upsmanship begin. Desiree's anxiety melts away as soon as the men start to compete to impress her: Larry, a nervous ER doctor, tries to break some romantic dance moves, but he's no Fred Astaire; Nick R., who plies his trade as a professional magician, displays his talents to Desiree; a shirtless Zak W., a hunky oil rig worker, displays an outstanding six-pack to impress the Bachelorette; and Diogo appears like a knight in shining armor - literally. But the one who captures Desiree's heart is our youngest man to ever climb out of a limousine -- Ben's four-year-old adorable son, Brody, who accompanies his single dad.

The battle for Desiree's attention and affection has only begun. The 19 roses come out early. Nick R. sets off a commotion as the men rush to get time alone with the Bachelorette. After Desiree gives out the first rose, a jealous frenzy erupts between the guys. Brad, who is a part-time DJ, sparkles with some hip hop dance moves. Fearless, topless Zak W. strips down to his underwear and dives into the pool. But how will Desiree react to this immodest stunt? Strikingly handsome Juan Pablo, a former pro soccer player, attempts to give the Bachelorette a private dribbling lesson. However, before too long, the rest of the men jump into the action. And Jonathan drops a bombshell when he decides the time is right to invite Desiree into his own special "fantasy suite," which leads to an explosive reaction.

Some bachelors with early roses can relax, but the others are very apprehensive as the season's first rose ceremony begins. Finally, Desiree will have the 19 men who will move into the mansion and continue on the quest for her heart.

Chris Harrison is the host of "The Bachelorette."

This episode of "The Bachelorette" will be available on ABC.com the day after airing on the network for users to watch online. For more information on "The Bachelorette" visit ABC.com.

ABC Media Relations:

Cathy Rehl (212) 456-6749, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mitch Messinger (818) 460-6532, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Photography/video available at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Photography request line 818.460.6611.

Follow us on:

Facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Twitter: @BacheloretteABC
#TheBachelorette
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri May 24, 2013 11:31 am

Here is the interview with Robyn at TV Guide!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Fri May 24, 2013 3:34 pm

You guys should read this, tweeted by Mike G, for a good laugh:

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri May 24, 2013 3:43 pm

julychild wrote:You guys should read this, tweeted by Mike G, for a good laugh:

:P Yeah, I read it!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 25, 2013 3:50 am

Latest 'Bachelorette' won't say if she's engaged

NEW YORK (AP) — ABC's newest "Bachelorette," Desiree Hartsock, says it's not hard to keep the details of her experience on the show a secret from her friends.

"Ironically, I'm kind of a private person anyway, so my friends know not to ask," she said in a recent interview.

Hartsock has some experience with the matter, although her last reality TV romance ended in heartbreak.

The 27-year-old competed for the affection of Sean Lowe on the last season of "The Bachelor." She was sent home after a disastrous date where he met her family.

"I think after all the questions they asked last season, they got an idea that I can't talk about it and it's best that they don't ask. They just let me be and I'm excited to talk about it once it's all over," she said of the new season.

Whether the bridal designer is excited to share some good news, Hartsock is also keeping that close to the vest.

"I can't give away if I'm happy or anything but this season I think is a little different because there are a lot of twists and turns. Everybody's gonna have to wait and see what happens," she said.

Hartsock marvels at how her life has changed in a short amount of time.

"It just blows my mind, to be honest," she laughed. "I wasn't even expecting to be on 'The Bachelor.' It was more of a 'hey, if this works out, it works out.'"

It didn't work out with Lowe, who's engaged to Catherine Giudici, his final pick on "The Bachelor." But Hartsock won over viewers with her girl-next-door looks, attitude and raw vulnerability when Lowe sent her home after meeting her family.

Although it seemed at first that her older brother was onboard with the relationship, he told Lowe in a one-on-one chat that he didn't think he was right for his sister.

Hartsock says there are no hard feelings over her brother's skepticism and stresses it was "very Sean specific."

"He's my brother! He trusts me and he supports me," she said.

The drama this time comes from 25 male contestants. Hartsock says they have "a lot of strong personalities" and she's looking forward to seeing what led up to their conflicts when she wasn't around.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Good sign! haha!

"I think after all the questions they asked last season, they got an idea that I can't talk about it and it's best that they don't ask. They just let me be and I'm excited to talk about it once it's all over," she said of the new season.

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 25, 2013 3:52 am

Desiree Hartsock is 'The Bachelorette'

Always a bridal stylist, never a bride. Such has been the fate of former "Bachelor" contestant Desiree Hartsock, the new star of ABC's "The Bachelorette." The ninth edition of the dating competition premieres Monday night at 8.

Actually, Hartsock, 27 at the time of the show's taping, according to ABC, now isn't even a bridal stylist. "I haven't gone back to work as a bridal stylist," she told Newsday during a May 15 conference call. So what is she doing for a living? "Well, I just got back recently," she said, "so I'm just getting back to my life and then I do want to work on [fashion] design."

To that end, she said, "I was able to design a dress, one of the Rose Ceremony dresses," which she'll wear on this season's third episode. Otherwise, said Hartsock, "There is a stylist" for the show, who dressed her in a "mixture of those and my own clothes. It's still very much my own personal style." Hartsock -- whose family lived several places, mostly in Florida, before settling in 2001 in Northglenn, Colo., where she graduated high school -- attended the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Los Angeles.

She was eliminated in the eighth episode of the most recent edition of "The Bachelor," on Feb. 18, after her and star Sean Lowe's dinner date with her parents, Tony and Roxanne, and her protective brother, Nate, whom Hartsock said will also appear on "The Bachelorette."

Described as a devout Christian, Hartsock disavowed an ABC news release that said, "Three lucky men travel with Desiree to an exotic destination for some of the most intimate and sensual overnight dates ever."
"I have no idea why those are the words used," she said, "because I actually just went on the dates and [found] time to talk away from the cameras, since that's such a vital time to really see how someone's going to be in their day-to-day life. So I'm not sure exactly why" the network went this route.

In fact, having learned from her "Bachelor" experience, "I was able to put myself in the guys' shoes to really understand what they were feeling," she said. "I think I did that pretty well."

Among those guys this season is Michael Garofola, 33, originally from Lindenhurst and now an assistant U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Florida.

Will he be a great match for Hartsock? We don't know yet, but, as Hartsock said, "The feelings that do develop are very real . . . and you really can fall for someone."

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sat May 25, 2013 5:09 pm

Good sign! haha!

thumbsup :laughingoutlou

Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by DesFever Sat May 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Not so subtle slip-up!!!
DesFever
DesFever

Female Posts : 994

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Sat May 25, 2013 6:00 pm

I am so excited right now and I just have to do this; Forgive me Praying

THE CHAMPIONS (UEFA), BAYERN MUNIC!!!!!!!!!! What a Game! What a finish!!

Carry on.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sun May 26, 2013 1:35 am

atem wrote:Here is the interview with Robyn at TV Guide!

I didn't even notice that there is a vid with this! giggling

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 26, 2013 3:51 am

1 more day!! Yay!!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 48 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 9 - General Media - Discussion

+52
etsluu
Karen5354
BarbB222
melisma
Aunties_Love