SELECT CONTENT

Catherine & Sean Tweets/Facebook Updates - Thread #5

Page 31 of 61 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 46 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Catherine & Sean Tweets/Facebook Updates - Thread #5 - Page 31 Empty Re: Catherine & Sean Tweets/Facebook Updates - Thread #5

Post by Pia1 Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:54 pm

I think that there is a huge misconception in this country regarding conservatism. And I believe it's because of the media.[/quote]

I agree completely, Pia! I don't think, at this day in age, people are as closed minded as some would assume. I see many interracial couples - and studies have show that in a few years, there will be a higher percentage of multicultural children than not. And to be honest, it's a bit tiresome having to dissect Sean and Cat's ethnicity all the time! That is probably far from their minds, and I highly doubt there was some sort of conspiracy about it like some are suggesting. In fact, I agree with you again, that the producers were delighted by the fact that Sean chose a person of color - makes the franchise look better![/quote]

I agree, it's a non issue with the couples.

Thanks Superhontas, but the bolded above is someone else's comment.

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Catherine & Sean Tweets/Facebook Updates - Thread #5 - Page 31 Empty Re: Catherine & Sean Tweets/Facebook Updates - Thread #5

Post by Lakergurl Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:56 pm

Sean volunteered the information about the African American GF.
Catherine has never indicated a former BF publicly. There lies the difference.

Lakergurl
Lakergurl

Female Posts : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:10 pm

Lakergurl wrote:Sean volunteered the information about the African American GF.

There in lies what difference? I am not trying to be argumentative with you, I often just don't quite understand your comments and need you to clarify. Maybe you mean since he mentioned it we can talk about it and since she didn't we can't? We talk about things all the time that they haven't mentioned. EDIT: Actually she did acknowledge the rapper on twitter. She favorited a tweet about her being his ex.

The rapper ex is significant, (and maybe to mama too). How do you go from a crude rapper (see youtube videos) to a southern gentleman? It was the biggest question mark I saw with this entire relationship. It made me wonder if she was presenting a different or false side of herself to get the guy. Yes, past is past, but that is one gigantic change in direction.

Last edited by grace8136 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by superhontas Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:13 pm

Pia1 wrote:I think that there is a huge misconception in this country regarding conservatism. And I believe it's because of the media.

I agree completely, Pia! I don't think, at this day in age, people are as closed minded as some would assume. I see many interracial couples - and studies have show that in a few years, there will be a higher percentage of multicultural children than not. And to be honest, it's a bit tiresome having to dissect Sean and Cat's ethnicity all the time! That is probably far from their minds, and I highly doubt there was some sort of conspiracy about it like some are suggesting. In fact, I agree with you again, that the producers were delighted by the fact that Sean chose a person of color - makes the franchise look better![/quote]

I agree, it's a non issue with the couples.

Thanks Superhontas, but the bolded above is someone else's comment.[/quote]

Oopsie. My bad!

superhontas

Female Posts : 105

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakergurl Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:14 pm

Grace, it isn't your problem. You're not marrying her, SEAN is.

Lakergurl
Lakergurl

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:18 pm

grace8136 wrote:

There in lies what difference? I am not trying to be argumentative with you, I often just don't quite understand your comments and need you to clarify. Maybe you mean since he mentioned it we can talk about it and since she didn't we can't? We talk about things all the time that they haven't mentioned. EDIT: Actually she did acknowledge the rapper on twitter. She favorited a tweet about her being his ex.

The rapper ex is significant, (and maybe to mama too). How do you go from a crude rapper (see youtube videos) to a southern gentleman? It was the biggest question mark I saw with this entire relationship. It made me wonder if she was presenting a different or false side of herself to get the guy. Yes, past is past, but that is one gigantic change in direction.

Actually, I don't know if Sean has ever publicly named this particular ex (Ryan). I think most learned who she was because of Shay's blog. But I still agree with your point.

As for your other point, Catherine's own words during their FD are where I find that answer. She seems to believe she wasn't completely herself and open in her past relationship(s) so maybe she changed herself to fit them and now with Sean she is herself.

Catherine & Sean Tweets/Facebook Updates - Thread #5 - Page 31 87b72b10 Catherine & Sean Tweets/Facebook Updates - Thread #5 - Page 31 86669110 Catherine & Sean Tweets/Facebook Updates - Thread #5 - Page 31 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:23 pm

I think the best part of Sean/Cat's relationship is that they can feel completely comfortable being themselves with each other. Sean has said he was more reserved with Emily, and never showed her his goofy, fun loving side. And Cat has never felt comfortable enough to be herself with anyone else either. The trust and faith they have in each other is a beautiful thing, and very rare. I can't see either one of them, ever letting go of that kind of love.

Back to top Go down

Post by pretty jmai Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:29 pm

umngirl wrote:
grace8136 wrote:

Actually, I don't know if Sean has ever publicly named this particular ex (Ryan). I think most learned who she was because of Shay's blog. But I still agree with your point.

As for your other point, Catherine's own words during their FD are where I find that answer. She seems to believe she wasn't completely herself and open in her past relationship(s) so maybe she changed herself to fit them and now with Sean she is herself.

I thought on the show when Sean spoke to Robin he mentioned that he had dated African-American girls before, although he didn't mention any specific names. I completely agree with your second statement in that Catherine has been able to be herself with Sean, which was different from prior relationships and refreshing for her.

pretty jmai

Female Posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Post by superhontas Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:29 pm

iloveromance wrote:I think the best part of Sean/Cat's relationship is that they can feel completely comfortable being themselves with each other. Sean has said he was more reserved with Emily, and never showed her his goofy, fun loving side. And Cat has never felt comfortable enough to be herself with anyone else either. The trust and faith they have in each other is a beautiful thing, and very rare. I can't see either one of them, ever letting go of that kind of love.

:yes: High clap

superhontas

Female Posts : 105

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:32 pm

And she was younger then. Don't know when the relationship ended but maybe she has matured and knows herself better now and what kind of man she wants. It could also be that the Rapper is a nice guy. We don't know, just because he's rapper doesn't necessarily mean that he is of low character. I must admit that I haven't checked him out on twitter so I don't know what kind of tweets he's made.

On their date on the boat in Thailand, during Sean's VO he said that Cat has grown since her last relationship. Not an exact quote.

Last edited by Pia1 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:34 pm

If Cat's past with the ex is murky and fraught with juicy details, it would have been out left right and center the minute TB was done. The tabloids are relentless when it comes to juicy tidbits and hype it. As it is, nothing to talk about. Just because she was with a "rapper", it's alright for everyone to judge based on that. If that is a troublesome thorn on mama because she doesn't want her beloved brother mixin' and matchin' it with the princess... Don't be holier than thou...Peace

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakergurl Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:38 pm

Thanks Beefyveg,

My thoughts exactly.

Lakergurl
Lakergurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 61 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 46 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Catherine & Sean Tweets/Facebook Updates - Thread #5

+62
pugmomma
ImeldaMarcos
pavalygurl
poohbear
yrkiemommy