SELECT CONTENT

Suggestions For The Producers - Discussion

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestions For The Producers - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestions For The Producers - Discussion

Post by northernviewer Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:52 pm

tigertiz wrote:
The lead is not allowed to have contact with friends while on the show
They've built it into the show in the past - with Travis I think. Some friends came to visit and interview the women. They can do more of that I think too. The Canadian Bachelor had one of his closest friends at the Meet the Parents dinner which took place in his hometown.

and let's not forget how Ali got the phone call from past contestant (don't remember her name off hand) warning her about Justin. There's no "rule" about outside contact... it's just not done very often.... that we know about or see on camera.

I just want to see this reality show, to be a little more "real".... friends and family play a big part in most relationship beginnings, even if they're just a sounding board. Much rather see that than the leading having these so callled heart to hearts with CH giggling

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Suggestions For The Producers - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Suggestions For The Producers - Discussion

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:06 am

less drama, waaay less drama. it really takes away from the story. please stop throwing people under the bus too. these are real human beings after all.

more romance and story. we want to get to know the people on the show, especially the final four. this season we barely know cat and lindsay, the f1 & f2.

no more of these over-the-top adrenaline dates. if i wanted to watch survivor i would. stop terrorizing these poor women.

stop pressuring the contestants to share extremely personal and traumatic experiences from their pasts with the world. it's highly inappropriate.

more humor and funny outtakes. we like to see their real personalities.

more exotic travel!!!

good job on picking sean for the bachelor. he's great. he also has a mostly great group of women.

lesley or desiree for next bach'ette. lindsay is too young and she's not a fan favorite on these boards at all. guys may like her but the women really aren't liking her so far unless you let us get to know her more.

Last edited by gabriele on Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:29 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding more)

Back to top Go down

Post by HowSoonIsNow Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:43 am

Besides reviewing BachCan, I'd also tell the producers to watch Ali & Brad 2.0 seasons again. Both had shorter 1-3-episode drama arcs, rather than a single villain that carried the season. And both showed a real love story "hidden in plain sight" while giving us F2s that were really charismatic.

Finally, go back to the travelogue format. This is not Survivor, TAR, Fear Factor, or Love in the Wild (though I love LitW). It's especially unseemly to have a male lead put women through a bunch of physical tasks to test their worth, as though the women have to prove that they will love & protect him & be his knight in shining armor, and not visa versa.

Two things I like this season. First is the smart, sensible, likable cast of ladies. The second is finally you had a lead who didn't settle on just 1-2 options on night one and then just go through the motions with the rest of the cast to build out a 10-episode season. OTOH he just looked like he was exploring, like a kid in a candy store, and didn't show much of a connection with anyone. So if he was forming emotional connections, you should have shown that.
HowSoonIsNow
HowSoonIsNow

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:13 am

northernviewer wrote:
tigertiz wrote:
The lead is not allowed to have contact with friends while on the show
They've built it into the show in the past - with Travis I think. Some friends came to visit and interview the women. They can do more of that I think too. The Canadian Bachelor had one of his closest friends at the Meet the Parents dinner which took place in his hometown.

and let's not forget how Ali got the phone call from past contestant (don't remember her name off hand) warning her about Justin. There's no "rule" about outside contact... it's just not done very often.... that we know about or see on camera.

I just want to see this reality show, to be a little more "real".... friends and family play a big part in most relationship beginnings, even if they're just a sounding board. Much rather see that than the leading having these so callled heart to hearts with CH giggling

I love that they showed it about her getting the call, BUT the only reason they did that was because of the DRAMA they expected to happen afterwards. They need to learn that 98% of their viewers aren't down with the drama. We'd like to see the ladies in the house interact more and the men in the house on the Bach. They need to break the dates down more so there's not so many on group dates to start with.. There's so MANY things they need to change if they expect to be on air in the next 5 years or so. Maybe they are tired of the show themselves. If so, put somebody else at the helm and let them give it a try because what these are doing ain't working IMO. It's old. it's stale and it's going down the drain if MF doesn't bulge and change it up a little. I know he's old and set in his ways, but he needs to give up a little of that control. I have to say that I'm as sick of The Tierra show as I was The Courtney show. Buy a clue MF and make a show that people will enjoy, otherwise you're gonna lose a show that most of us TRY to enjoy!!! no no .
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:16 am

I went ahead and posted this on our Twitter page:

Suggestions For The Producers - Discussion https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t1683-suggestions-for-the-producers-discussion #TheBachelor #Bachelor #TheBachelorette

Please RT if you would like to do so.

@bachspoilerfans

Thanks.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:19 am

gabriele wrote:less drama, waaay less drama. it really takes away from the story. please stop throwing people under the bus too. these are real human beings after all.

more romance and story. we want to get to know the people on the show, especially the final four. this season we barely know cat and lindsay, the f1 & f

no more of these over-the-top adrenaline dates. if i wanted to watch survivor i would. stop terrorizing these poor women.

more humor and funny outtakes. we like to see their real personalities.

more exotic travel!!!

good job on picking sean for the bachelor. he's great. he also has a mostly great group of women.

lesley or desiree for next bach'ette. lindsay is too young and she's not a fan favorite on these boards at all. guys may like her but the women really aren't liking her so far unless you let us get to know her more.

clapping! Good Post I agree :fingersarecrossed score Bolded, plus all the rest of it 10/10!! GREAT POST!!!!!!
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by RealityEscape Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:58 pm

I'd like to see two leads for each show. Would be fun to see if there were crossovers for both, who'd go to who. would add a fun twist and TPTB drama without forcing it. The poster's idea to forget the 1-on-1 on the first two shows and do 4 on 1 makes a lot of sense. The lead AND US need to get to know more of the people sooner. The introductions take a lot of time. Have the lead float thru the group - or have them enter on a runway or boardwalk fairly close together. Giving out several roses at the 1st cocktail party was good too. Forget the cheesy intros like skateboards, wedding dresses, horses - these make the audience feel stupid. Have a sort of fast zip round game - so we get the background info. Things that make us laugh are as good as drama. Take some lessons from Sweet Home Alabama 3rd season. The best scenes were improv by the guys in the house. Getting people out of their element is great, but doesn't have to be all day athletic/danger things. Quit being so predictable on a villain. Subtle manipulation is much more interesting.

RealityEscape

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:07 pm

While I always enjoy the opening cocktail party to meet all the gals, I wish ...

Episode 2 show highlights of a couple weeks worth of the Bachelor getting to know the ladies and bringing in family/friends to help him cut down to 16. Let Bachelor see some footage of the girls in the house so he can see what's really going on and how they act when he is not around.

Episode 3 could then be four dates for those 16 girls (4 on each date) - with one girl getting eliminated at the end of each date so that would bring number down to 12. The dates could stay local and be more low key like charity dates or some fun competitions.

Episode 4 could then have those remaining 12 girls moving into the house with him for a night or so. So over course of the week, Bachelor would have a sleep over with girls in groups of 3 so that he has even more of an opportunity to get to know the girls in a non competitive/home like setting. He could then cut down to 8 girls. These dates could be more low key as well so he could see how well the girl interacts with other girls, look in the a.m. with no makeup and spend more than 5 minutes alone with them.

Episode five and beyond - Now Bachelor can hit the road with 8 girls for more exotic dates and start with the one on one dates and smaller group dates so that we know by this point he has gotten to know the girls and spent some quality time with them. Let the girls vote for who gets the early one on one dates with the Bachelor based on who they think is his closest match.

Also love the idea of having two bachelors!

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:29 pm

welcomeyall MVMom39forever

Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwpn12 Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:48 pm

More contestants like Des, Lesley, Catherine, Selma, Sarah ... Women that are SMART, accomplished and not desperate for a man. I LOVE these women!
Kwpn12
Kwpn12

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:32 pm

Please, please, please let us hear that type of conversations that Bianka had with Brad. She asked hard questions and we heard them talk about developing there relationship. I LOVED that about their Show.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:40 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:While I always enjoy the opening cocktail party to meet all the gals, I wish ...

Episode 2 show highlights of a couple weeks worth of the Bachelor getting to know the ladies and bringing in family/friends to help him cut down to 16. Let Bachelor see some footage of the girls in the house so he can see what's really going on and how they act when he is not around.

Episode 3 could then be four dates for those 16 girls (4 on each date) - with one girl getting eliminated at the end of each date so that would bring number down to 12. The dates could stay local and be more low key like charity dates or some fun competitions.

Episode 4 could then have those remaining 12 girls moving into the house with him for a night or so. So over course of the week, Bachelor would have a sleep over with girls in groups of 3 so that he has even more of an opportunity to get to know the girls in a non competitive/home like setting. He could then cut down to 8 girls. These dates could be more low key as well so he could see how well the girl interacts with other girls, look in the a.m. with no makeup and spend more than 5 minutes alone with them.

Episode five and beyond - Now Bachelor can hit the road with 8 girls for more exotic dates and start with the one on one dates and smaller group dates so that we know by this point he has gotten to know the girls and spent some quality time with them. Let the girls vote for who gets the early one on one dates with the Bachelor based on who they think is his closest match.

Also love the idea of having two bachelors!

ITA-- what a great way for TB to get to know the girls at a deeper level. I think this would help foster better and more long lasting relationships. (although, I'm not too sure about having 2 bachelors...)
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Suggestions For The Producers - Discussion

+21
Kashathediva
Brill
atem
Catdwoman50
Buckeye_Fan