SELECT CONTENT

Episode 9 (FD's) - 2/25 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 9 (FD's) - 2/25 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 9 (FD's) - 2/25 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by RealityEscape Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:58 am

Figured it out - how to tell what will happen from here on out. Look at past seasons and find out what TPTP think got the Bachelor most talked about - that's what they'll try again but bigger. "This morning CH talks compares a Buerge and Gwen to Sean and Des. Many posters are saying "what if this is like Jason and Molly". "Everyone talks about Tierra". Tierra was obviously the resident villain. CH says in his blog - most emotional scene ever for AshLee's dad's comments. How often have they had "siblings" bring conflict to the HTDs - many times including Andrew Firestone. So what do they think gives them the best bang for the buck in fantasy dates and the final show?- "trauma over the fantasy suite decision", mixing in animals, underwater "clinches" and the Titanic 'end of ship' clinch. Of course the finale is always based on doubt.

So they are looking for the most emotional scenes about deciding on the fantasy suite and want to throw more conflict in about who's F1. As so many of you say - they don't care about the love story they want to show the "most xxxxx ever" - that's their goal - whatever it takes to get this show and the next one talked about whether it's abs, parents having a deep conversation about their daughter, abs, fear for the contestant on 'survivor dates' or conflict between the housemates. Don't ever expect the love story to take center stage - TPTB seem to think that audience is much smaller than the "laugh and snark and cry" audience. (They're probably right.) But sneaking in a love story would help them get even more of an audience if they try it.

Last edited by RealityEscape on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

RealityEscape

Back to top Go down

Episode 9 (FD's) - 2/25 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 9 (FD's) - 2/25 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:59 am

Based on the preview shown last night of Catherine's FD, I wouldn't be surprised if she tells Sean that she's not ready for physical intimacy. If she has been raised in traditional Filipino culture, celibacy before marriage is more of the norm than the exception. I can easily picture her Lola ( grandma) and her mom passing on this value to the girls. Whether they live it out or not is a different story but I am confident it has been discussed when they were old enough to understand. Catherine would not do anything in public that would bring "shame" to her family. Being branded as promiscuous certainly falls under that category. People might have wondered why Catherine had a towel wrapped around her during the group date in St. Croix but it might have been prompted by modesty rather than embarrassment in showing her body.

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:15 am

As I mentioned yesterday, I sure am curious as to when and from where the SC's are that were part of the GMA interview with Catherine. It looks like that one of Sean was taken at the same place. My guess is that they did some PI's with her either during filming or as filming wrapped and then spliced and diced her answers to fit - or at least quasi fit - the answers to their questions. I would conjecture that's why her answer to the "virgin Bachelor" question seemed odd.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by coloured123 Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:16 am

Ok so I just wrote this long post but my internet decided to be mean to me and stop working so I lost it all.... but to sum up...

Sean seemed reallyt frustrated with Catherine from the previews of next weeks episode. I really don't understand how he can pick her now with all this doubt, hopefully something will happen that proves otherwise.

coloured123

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirzam Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:27 am

coloured123 wrote:Ok so I just wrote this long post but my internet decided to be mean to me and stop working so I lost it all.... but to sum up...

Sean seemed reallyt frustrated with Catherine from the previews of next weeks episode. I really don't understand how he can pick her now with all this doubt, hopefully something will happen that proves otherwise.

Don't be fooled by the previews, they are designed to mislead.
Mirzam
Mirzam

Female Posts : 3061

Back to top Go down

Post by chicagoowl Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:27 pm

Mirzam wrote:
coloured123 wrote:Ok so I just wrote this long post but my internet decided to be mean to me and stop working so I lost it all.... but to sum up...

Don't be fooled by the previews, they are designed to mislead

Yup. Her statement about the Fantasy suite was edited. You can tell. She probably said something along the lines of: "I'm more traditional in relationships, but to spend extra time in the FS with Sean would be a great opportunity which I shouldn't pass up, so there's no way I would do that." She'll probably go to the FS. Sean didn't look upset to me. He was just staring.
chicagoowl
chicagoowl

Female Posts : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwpn12 Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:49 pm

My question is, where does the quote from Sean, "I can't believe she did this to me" come in? Does it have something to do with the letter, or does it have o do with AshLee leaving without saying a word to him?
Kwpn12
Kwpn12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:04 pm

Kwpn12 wrote:My question is, where does the quote from Sean, "I can't believe she did this to me" come in? Does it have something to do with the letter, or does it have o do with AshLee leaving without saying a word to him?

Or it could be a quote after Des'joke, that we just never saw. There is a lot on the cutting floor, and a lot we see in previews but never on the actual episodes

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:56 pm

chicagoowl wrote:
Mirzam wrote:

Don't be fooled by the previews, they are designed to mislead

Yup. Her statement about the Fantasy suite was edited. You can tell. She probably said something along the lines of: "I'm more traditional in relationships, but to spend extra time in the FS with Sean would be a great opportunity which I shouldn't pass up, so there's no way I would do that." She'll probably go to the FS. Sean didn't look upset to me. He was just staring.

This reaction is almost identical to the previews of Brad and Maynard's FSD. It's also just like Sean's. I'm sure that Cat was guided, just like her kiss, to demure. It confirms to Sean her values and let's him clarify his goal. They'll make out in the pool and use the suite to decide the finale.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:49 pm

estahafa wrote:Based on the preview shown last night of Catherine's FD, I wouldn't be surprised if she tells Sean that she's not ready for physical intimacy. If she has been raised in traditional Filipino culture, celibacy before marriage is more of the norm than the exception. I can easily picture her Lola ( grandma) and her mom passing on this value to the girls. Whether they live it out or not is a different story but I am confident it has been discussed when they were old enough to understand. Catherine would not do anything in public that would bring "shame" to her family. Being branded as promiscuous certainly falls under that category. People might have wondered why Catherine had a towel wrapped around her during the group date in St. Croix but it might have been prompted by modesty rather than embarrassment in showing her body.

I absolutely agree.... and she's got the right man there. We will see a lot of relief in her face when they air the whole scene.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:00 pm

Looks like AshLee received this season's version of swimming with sharks. I really don't really understand Sean's treatment of her here at the end and admit to being disappointed by it. He knew he was dealing with a fragile soul.

Lindsay gets the bugs but even if she doesn't like it, she's much more likely to roll with something like that and see it as adventure to tell her kids about someday.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:18 pm

NCGalBecca wrote:Looks like AshLee received this season's version of swimming with sharks. I really don't really understand Sean's treatment of her here at the end and admit to being disappointed by it. He knew he was dealing with a fragile soul.

Lindsay gets the bugs but even if she doesn't like it, she's much more likely to roll with something like that and see it as adventure to tell her kids about someday.

Again, I see this as the Machine's doing and their ability to manipulate(even if it's a subtle suggestion). Pushing AshLee to her limits is TPTB's modus operandi and getting Yawn to go along with their plans or think it is ok or his idea is just their way of handling him.
When I hear the key words: "breaking the rules" as it applies to this show(regardless of season), I immediately laugh and say to myself this is the show's way of saying we are allowing you to think we are throwing you a bone when in reality we threw out some old, smelly cheese and you walked right into the mousetrap once again.

I would freak having to swim through a cave, holding my breath while looking around blindly for the entrance of where I was supposed to swim. Are they kidding? And if I really loved someone, I would never want them to do something they were that afraid of --heck, if I only liked them I wouldn't want them that far out of their comfort zone in order to prove something to me. Do it for you, not for me. Respect yourself and your gut feelings first and foremost. JMO.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 9 (FD's) - 2/25 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

+68
dw_a_mom
ja1968
HowSoonIsNow
shoepie
snowandcold