SELECT CONTENT

Episode 6 - 2/05 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 45 of 46 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 6 - 2/05 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 45 Empty Re: Episode 6 - 2/05 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:25 am

umngirl wrote:
2observe wrote:
NCGalBecca wrote:The combination of keeping Tierra and dismissing Sarah in the manner that was shown really seemed to really disgust people last night. Also, the fact that he keeps telling every girl and viewers the same thing over and over "blah blah is the total package..blah blah could be my wife.." have viewers wondering where his head is at. He's coming across as too fickle. I don't think his date with Catherine clarified the situation with average viewers either as he repeated his regular mantra and did a lot of kissing as he seems to do with everyone.

I've noticed that he never really explains what it is about Tierra that has him so enthralled though. He just makes excuses for her behavior and why he placates her.

I see lots and lots of commentary from viewers referring to him as dumb which makes me sad for him because I don't think that he is at all. It makes you wonder why they edit the show to be so extreme.

I noticed Millsy was trying to defend him and others on the show because the commentary was pretty bad. Folks were bashing the type of dates that have occurred, saying that you have to have a "sad" story to get on the show and it's depressing, calling the contestants all kinds of names. I guess that's what you get when you put so much of the focus on drama.

I've been so dissapointed in the types of dates the ladies are getting with Sean. I was really, really disappointed in the type of date that Catherine got. It makes me wondered if Sean is only in it for promotional reasons. But,that's just my opinon.

I thought Catherine got the best date so far. Sure the blizzard wasn't ideal, but they made the most of it. Their date was private too with no one around like safety crews, actors, crowds, etc.
And I don't know if many realize but that location is one of the best through the Rockies as well. Awesome views, so much history. My relatives owned some resorts on Maligne Lake near Jasper and when my granny use to go there often in the late 1920's/ early 30's the glacier went down very close to the road. Now the glacier is up quite high on the ridge for the most part. That is why the buses go up there now taking tourists and there are only so many trips a year allowed to go due to the errosion of the ice field. On a nice clear day, it is an awesome sight.

As far as the privacy goes, the tourism for that area is likely shut down now as it does in the fall and early spring due to avalanche risk for the most part, they would of been completely alone there.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Episode 6 - 2/05 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 45 Empty Re: Episode 6 - 2/05 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by LoveDovez Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:33 am

poohbear wrote:I don't think Sean's that into Lesley or Des.. he sees both of them more as friends. He wouldn't ask someone he's really interested in romantically about the drama in the house. And in TWO rose ceremonies now, Sean has called Des name last, if he's really interested in Des he just wouldn't do that.

I've always heard that it's the producers that choose the list for how the roses are given out at the RC. Maybe I read this on RS, but I've heard it from more than one source. So I take it with a grain of salt about who gets one when during the RC. : )
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:01 am

Kwpn12 wrote:Did anyone notice that when Sean came in to see Tierra in the bed after the hypothermia thing, she was saying how cold she was and he said, "Bless your heart". As Emily knows (remember her use of it), this is Texas-speak for "You're an idiot, and I'm onto you". I totally believe that TPTB asked Sean to keep Tierra around. At this point Sean knows who the final girls are (and maybe the final one), so keeping Tierra and dumping Selma isn't a big deal. He knew Selma wasn't a final 4 contender anyway.

As for the others, I believe by final 4 Sean knows he's going to pick Catherine and he lets both Lesley and Ashlee go before Lindsay because he cares about them a lot and doesn't want them to have to go through that final rose mess. With Lindsay it's all physical and he doesn't feel as bad about bringing her to the RC. Of course, we'll see an edit that makes it look like it's a horse race to the end.

Next bachelorette ... Lesley would be great, but not sure if she'd want to do it. AshLee would be a big bore. The girl is way too intense. Selma would be hysterical, and the men would be lining up around the block to get a chance at her. I also suspect her quest for the spotlight is pretty strong ... Certainly stronger than the whole Muslim modesty thing. I believe that was an act. Des would be good, but she's just not that "romantic" a choice. She seems almost too normal for this kind of show.

All in all, I think the editing sucks this season and that we're really not getting a clear picture of what went on. I blame it on RS. Now that we all know who wins from the beginning, the producers are doing whatever they cn to muddy the waters.

Regarding the bolded, I saw an interview by Brad Smith/Bachelor Canada saying how he knew it was going to be Bianka all along. Yet for their editing up until the meet the parents, the producers made it seem like a closer race. Yes during htd's, there was an inkling that Brad was losing interest and by the fd's many knew that Bianka was THE ONE. That and the #cheeseburger comment sealed it for a lot of the bachcan fans as that was something that was only with Bianka. So, bottom line, guess all of these shows have to make it seem like a close race?

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:35 am

docnash14 wrote:
Iam4UGA wrote:
scarlettudor wrote:Hi, folks. I just joined the forum. I'm looking for spoilers, but there is just so much to read. Can you tell me what the consensus is? Is the group feeling that Catherine will be the FR? Who will be FR2, 3 and 4? I hope it is okay to ask this. You will save me so much time!

As for the 'Bless your heart,' I grew up in Texas and WV and have a good friend in Alabama. She can say 'BYH' and you know by the context or her tone exactly which definition of it she means.

Sean said it twice during the 2/5 show by my count. I couldn't tell which way he meant it. He's not said it at any of her previous 'accidents,' so he's either finally getting her number or the cumulative nature of them makes him sorry for her. How could he not realize she's an attention hound?

I grew up in the South too, and while sometimes we can mean it sarcastically, It is generally an expression of empathy.

I live in the South and agree that it is used both ways - to express empathy and to patronize - it's all about tone and context

Well howdy neighbor. :yes: : )
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:36 am

poohbear wrote:I don't think Sean's that into Lesley or Des.. he sees both of them more as friends. He wouldn't ask someone he's really interested in romantically about the drama in the house. And in TWO rose ceremonies now, Sean has called Des name last, if he's really interested in Des he just wouldn't do that.

I see lots of fun, shared interests and comfort with both Des and Leslie but I don't see a big attraction coming from Sean towards either. Both women have been referred to as "guy's girls" by either Sean or CH in the press. I think that was very telling. Not that there's anything wrong with that label (especially seeing as I am that type, too giggling ).

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:07 pm

I think the girls realize what the situation is. I think they are encouraged to act well in hopes of a future Fleiss produced gig. I think that is why they are all smiling when they kiss - or at least msot of them. I've noticed Tierra smiling too. A show has to be produced. I think Sean is going out of his way to give everyone a fair chance but I think he has been taken with Catherine from the beginning and that is why we never got to see the M&G conversation or an early one on one date. The idea is make us all and the girls believe that others had a fair chance. Just mo ... :)
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:19 pm

[quote="LoveDovez"]
Kwpn12 wrote:Did anyone notice that when Sean came in to see Tierra in the bed after the hypothermia thing, she was saying how cold she was and he said, "Bless your heart". As Emily knows (remember her use of it), this is Texas-speak for "You're an idiot, and I'm onto you". I totally believe that TPTB asked Sean to keep Tierra around. At this point Sean knows who the final girls are (and maybe the final one), so keeping Tierra and dumping Selma isn't a big deal. He knew Selma wasn't a final 4 contender anyway.

As for the others, I believe by final 4 Sean knows he's going to pick Catherine and he lets both Lesley and Ashlee go before Lindsay because he cares about them a lot and doesn't want them to have to go through that final rose mess. With Lindsay it's all physical and he doesn't feel as bad about bringing her to the RC. Of course, we'll see an edit that makes it look like it's a horse race to the end.

Next bachelorette ... Lesley would be great, but not sure if she'd want to do it. AshLee would be a big bore. The girl is way too intense. Selma would be hysterical, and the men would be lining up around the block to get a chance at her. I also suspect her quest for the spotlight is pretty strong ... Certainly stronger than the whole Muslim modesty thing. I believe that was an act. Des would be good, but she's just not that "romantic" a choice. She seems almost too normal for this kind of show.

All in all, I think the editing sucks this season and that we're really not getting a clear picture of what went on. I blame it on RS. Now that we all know who wins from the beginning, the producers are doing whatever they cn to muddy the waters.[/quote

Then Texas must have a different outlook on what those words means, as we others in the South don't take that "Bless your heart" as meaning you're an idiot at all. We take it as we feel for them. I was shocked when I heard what Texas thought when saying those words. ; ( NO knock at anybody here!

I live in Texas, and when I say "Bless your heart", it is meant to show compassion or concern. So, I guess it isn't where you necessarily live, as much as it is an individual interpretation.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ImeldaMarcos Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:30 pm

I live in the extreme of North Georgia. When we say Bless your heart...it can mean many things..like "Bless your heart" to someone's baby meaning that child is not the prettiest but I have to say something socially appropriate...Bless it's heart...usually here everyone knows that expression is not meant entirely kindly. Perhaps Sean could not say what he was atually thinking because it would not have sounded all that appropriate...so "Bless your heart" instead of oh, you big faker. Many of us in the south are raised to lie to be socially appropriate. Always compliment people, even if there is nothing to actually compliment.

ImeldaMarcos

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:33 pm

ImeldaMarcos wrote:I live in the extreme of North Georgia. When we say Bless your heart...it can mean many things..like "Bless your heart" to someone's baby meaning that child is not the prettiest but I have to say something socially appropriate...Bless it's heart...usually here everyone knows that expression is not meant entirely kindly. Perhaps Sean could not say what he was atually thinking because it would not have sounded all that appropriate...so "Bless your heart" instead of oh, you big faker. Many of us in the south are raised to lie to be socially appropriate. Always compliment people, even if there is nothing to actually compliment.

I'm glad I live in the north where everyone tells it like it is giggling social norms...who needs those, psh
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:02 pm

I think it's safe to say that "bless your heart" can mean different things to different people. Tone and circumstance determines what it is. From what we'd seen of the interactions between Sean and Tierra - I'd think it's also safe to say that he was being sincere at that moment. I don't care for Tierra, but I also don't mind calling a spade a spade.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:14 pm

ImeldaMarcos wrote:I live in the extreme of North Georgia. When we say Bless your heart...it can mean many things..like "Bless your heart" to someone's baby meaning that child is not the prettiest but I have to say something socially appropriate...Bless it's heart...usually here everyone knows that expression is not meant entirely kindly. Perhaps Sean could not say what he was atually thinking because it would not have sounded all that appropriate...so "Bless your heart" instead of oh, you big faker. Many of us in the south are raised to lie to be socially appropriate. Always compliment people, even if there is nothing to actually compliment.

If it's so universally understood to be sarcastic and not "entirely kind" ..... why don't the people that it's said to get offended? wouldn't they catch on to the underlying insult?? maybe just a select few are being rude??

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwpn12 Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:02 pm

Guess I opened a can of worms with the whole "Bless Your Heart" thing. Actually, I live in the snowy north, so I'm just going by what I've heard from southern friends. Of course I could be wrong, but a couple of things make me believe he's onto her ...

First, he can't really be that stupid, can he? He's seen the show. He knows that girls he really respects don't like her. He's seen her screaming at & isolating herself from the other girls.

I believe this show is more highly "produced" than we even know. I think even calling it "reality" TV is a stretch. You probably saw the interview with Doug Clerget where he talks about how he was told to do specific things and how things were edited to make it look like he was responding to one thing when he was actually responding to something else. I have no doubt that TPTB are telling Sean what to do every step of the way. I'm sure his final choice is his own, but that's about it.

Anyway ... That's what I think, for what it's worth!
Kwpn12
Kwpn12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 46 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 6 - 2/05 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

+76
terabithia
sgjsnow
Iam4UGA
scarlettudor
CHO