SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 6 September 1 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 6 September 1 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 20 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 6 September 1 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by chloep Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:11 pm

As far as I've heard, yes. Though he isn't on of those former contestants who is super buddy-buddy with the producers.... (Not that that's a bad thing, really. Actually, good for him.... )

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 6 September 1 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 20 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 6 September 1 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:39 pm

chasingpavements wrote:I personally wanted to see Sarah/Brooks.

Same here.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:42 pm

What if, as a tweek, they each had to hand out 3 (narrowing down later to 2 and then 1) in a private rose ceremony, so that they don't know what the others have done? If anyone receives no roses, they go home, paving the way for new entries.

That would reduce the incentive to declare couples so early.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:42 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:What if, as a tweek, they each had to hand out 3 (narrowing down later to 2 and then 1) in a private rose ceremony, so that they don't know what the others have done?  If anyone receives no roses, they go home, paving the way for new entries.

That would reduce the incentive to declare couples so early.

Ooooh, that would be interesting! It would kind of bring in that Bachelor-Pad and The Bachelor/ette aspect to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:46 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

Why isn't 10 days enough to know if you want to date in real life.  Date, not marry, so after ten days sure.

I would have liked the leaving and new people.  It became a little boring this week.  I can't see MM with Brooks.  To me is a little bit of a black widow having been with enough men.

I just don't think it's enough time. Especially, since most of these people don't live close to each other. Lacy is moving to TX to be with Marcus. Cody is moving to UT to be with Michelle. Would they really be willing to do that after 10 days? I don't think so, and I think the show wouldn't be content ending with just "these people are going to possibly casually date when they leave". I think an ending with someone moving or an engagement is much more what TPTB are looking for. Plus, if you take a couple like Marquel/MM who gave each other "two/three" roses, they would have been forced to leave at that point. Michelle would never have been able to meet Cody, who she obviously has a much better connection with.

And, I personally don't think about MM with Brooks, but people mentioned it and I guess it could have possibly worked. I personally wanted to see Sarah/Brooks.

I maybe wrong, but given how late in the game Cody came in, yes, he is moving to UT to be with MM after 10 days.  

Fair enough. My other points still stand though. Marquel/Michelle would have already been forced to leave, and Michelle would have never met Cody. And, I do think that the TPTB really wanted to end the show with an engagement (obviously, since they asked two guys to do it). Marcus probably WOULD have proposed to Lacy after 10 days, but it would be really hard to buy and get invested in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Iluvbachette Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:13 am

nutty1 wrote:Chloe, any idea of TPTB's thoughts of Brooks??

I think bringing Brooks in late could be a set up for him being in BIP 2 from the start. JMO

Iluvbachette

Back to top Go down

Post by Iluvbachette Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:17 am

chloep wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:

I just don't think it's enough time. Especially, since most of these people don't live close to each other. Lacy is moving to TX to be with Marcus. Cody is moving to UT to be with Michelle. Would they really be willing to do that after 10 days? I don't think so, and I think the show wouldn't be content ending with just "these people are going to possibly casually date when they leave". I think an ending with someone moving or an engagement is much more what TPTB are looking for. Plus, if you take a couple like Marquel/MM who gave each other "two/three" roses, they would have been forced to leave at that point. Michelle would never have been able to meet Cody, who she obviously has a much better connection with.

And, I personally don't think about MM with Brooks, but people mentioned it and I guess it could have possibly worked. I personally wanted to see Sarah/Brooks.

I maybe wrong, but given how late in the game Cody came in, yes, he is moving to UT to be with MM after 10 days.  

Actually, it's 9. :yes:

The show is actually 9 or 10 days. But remember they have been done filming for some time now. It wasn't until recently that the word was out that Cody is moving to be closer to Michelle. So they have had plenty of time to get to know each other more since the show ended.

Iluvbachette

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:05 am

Iluvbachette wrote:
chloep wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

The show is actually 9 or 10 days. But remember they have been done filming for some time now. It wasn't until recently that the word was out that Cody is moving to be closer to Michelle. So they have had plenty of time to get to know each other more since the show ended.

I didn't know Cody was moving to be near Michele? Great news , I'm happy for both of them. Where did this info come from and when? I haven't seen any tweets from them that would indicate that. I did hear that abc hired Cody to train Chris and I knew he was in Iowa with him . But Cody moving I hadn't heard . Anyone?
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4299

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:05 am

As far as Marcus and Lacey getting engaged, it is actually less far fetched than at the end of The Bachelor or Bachelorette. They had pretty much sent every minute together since a few days into filming. More time than Bach couples.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:17 am

Jolena wrote:
Iluvbachette wrote:
chloep wrote:

I didn't know Cody was moving to be near Michele? Great news , I'm happy for both of them. Where did this info come from and when? I haven't seen any tweets from them that would indicate that. I did hear that abc hired Cody to train Chris and I knew he was in Iowa with him . But Cody moving I hadn't heard . Anyone?

I'm curious too! Anyone?

If it's true, I'm very happy for them, I like the two of them together!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:45 am

Max64 wrote:I'm curious too!  Anyone?  

If it's true, I'm very happy for them, I like the two of them together!

I'm not sure if this is the first place to have suggested a move to SLC or not, but on RS's most recent blog (9/4/14) he confirmed that Cody is in IA acting as Chris S's personal trainer (which we knew) and after filming starts he's relocating to SLC to be near (but not live with) Michelle.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:51 am

Saw this link to a Jesse Kovacs blog about Episode 6:

Welp. Last night’s Bachelor in Paradise put a lot of focus on our blogger Jesse Kovacs, but it wasn’t exactly a positive focus, that’s for sure. Good thing we have Jesse here to clear things up for us! Here, he tells his side of the story, apologies for Christy, and doesn’t blame his rude behavior on editing. Bravo, Jesse. Read on…

Jesse wrote:I’ll start by saying, I’m in no shape to try and defend myself. Last night’s episode of Bachelor in Paradise was brutal. I come off looking pretty bad and I only have myself to blame. I want to apologize to Christy. She didn’t deserve to be called a dumb blond and she should be upset with how she was treated. I made mindless statements about her and I feel like an a*******.

Most people I’ve met who have received a bad edit on these shows always try to blame the producers and back-peddle on statements they made.  The reality is we all signed up for this and to be mad at how I was portrayed would be silly. Did things get cut and pasted in the editing room? Of course, but all the things that were said, regardless of context, were said.

I had some pretty awful comments on social media and the one that stood out the most to me was, “@jesseakovacs sorry, but I cant decide what’s worse. My daughter dating you or my son being you.” I talked to my Mom this morning and she laughed because she understands this is entertainment and the goal for ABC and the producers is to create a show that leaves an audience no choice but to become emotionally invested in the characters. I’ve found that in doing so the audience feels like they know the characters personally, which can be scary. Again, we all signed up for this and I absolutely understand why people are reacting the way they are.

But this is a great show and I do think it’s working for two of the couples. Lacy and Marcus are head-over-heels for each other and Michelle and Cody seem genuine. I think Bachelor in Paradise was a great foundation-builder for these couples. I have no idea what will happen on next weeks episode, but I’m pretty sure these couples will last beyond next Monday. I can’t wait to watch.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 6 September 1 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

+34
emilymelfan
charriotoffire
nd4reality
Luvstruck
chloep
Scooby
Piper61
Beagle
Retiredswimmom
pander3575
luvlady345