SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 2 August 11 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 2 August 11 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 20 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 2 August 11 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:51 pm

chloep wrote:laugh out loud. Pretty much all the "Next Entertainment" handlers are just Psych grads... Very few of them have broadcasting or producer backgrounds.

Just what they dreamed of when they decided to study psychology, I'm sure: the opportunity to be a reality TV producer and help people find their worst selves.

But there aren't a lot of jobs in psychology, so there it is.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 2 August 11 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 20 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 2 August 11 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by chloep Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:22 pm

^^ laugh out loud.

I was serious though. Speaking form personal experience, these 20something "producers" who work for production companies are usually either psych or comm grads. #truestory #thebossesdigit

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:19 am

MiaHawk wrote:
docnash14 wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:I wonder if anyone else caught something that the producer (who narrated the re-enactment of what happened when she tried to talk to Michelle K after the RC on episode 1) said. It was a little hard to understand what she had said but my wife picked up on it and we re-played the scene several times to make sure.

She said she was going with the psychiatrist to talk to a "kickoff" Daniella and stopped by Michelle K's room because Michelle needed to talk to her as well. It was when she (they) knocked on Michelle K's door for that conversation that Ryan Putz got spooked and jumped off the balcony.

What I found most interesting is that this confirms something I've heard for years - that the show has a staff psychiatrist "on call" at all times. On one hand I think this is simply so they can monitor people who are frequently put in a stressful situation to make sure they aren't going to do rash things. But I've also heard that some of the producers have a background in psychology and all have some experience in psychology so they can understand how to target some of the things they do and how they manipulate the cast to get the drama they want. It's good to know that they do have everyone who leaves the show talk to a professional in mental health after they leave but also a little scary to hear confirmation of that. When they talk about the mindf*** that goes on they really are pros at knowing how to do that.

Yes, I heard the producer say the same thing.  And very scary - so much for the non-maleficience piece of the Hippocratic oath!  

Yes, I heard it, too.  I believe that they have a physician psychiatrist do an exit interview with each cast-off.  It's probably because of legal liability reasons. That way if someone were to leave the show and immediately do harm to themselves, they can claim that the staff psychiatrist deemed they were stable at their time of departure.  Also, they claim to screen applicants for physical and mental health issues prior to casting.  It must be a very basic screening, IMO.  They probably ask if there has ever been a diagnosis made of mental health issues or if contestant's condition is currently stable and asymptomatic with their current treatment regimen. I say this because mental health conditions are extremely common. Many, many people are stable and well functioning if receiving proper care and medication.  IMO, it's riskier for an un-diagnosed person who self-medicates with alcohol to go on this show and be in this environment than it would be for a previously diagnosed person who is stable and conscientious about taking their medication to be there.  

I think it is other staff who have taken courses in human psychology (but not a medical degree, and therefore no Hippocratic oath) that do the mindf***ing. I believe this to be true.  They study these people's personality traits and flaws, and then push all of the right buttons to make for "good tv".  I do not believe that a licensed physician would be the one hired to do the mindf***ing, however, there will always be some professionals who are willing to do anything for a buck, ala Dr Conrad Murray.      

As a licensed psychologist, you are right, Mia, I did not take the Hippocratic oath. However, I am bound to the Ethical Guidelines set forth by the APA (American Psychological Association) which includes many of the same principles inherent in the Hippocratic oath including that of non-maleficience. Further, in some respects, psychologists are subject to more stringent ethical boundaries than are psychiatrists. For instance, psychologists are discouraged (prior to the revision of the Guidelines in 2002 they were forbidden) to engage in dual relationships with clients (i.e. I can't see one of my students for therapy or can't treat my hair stylist) whereas psychiatrists often tend to favor the same practices engaged in by other M.D.'s (i.e. playing golf with their patients). In fact, I just had a client who is a service professional herself tell me that her psychiatrist engaged her (the client's) services.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:26 am

docnash14 wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:
docnash14 wrote:

Yes, I heard the producer say the same thing.  And very scary - so much for the non-maleficience piece of the Hippocratic oath!  

Yes, I heard it, too.  I believe that they have a physician psychiatrist do an exit interview with each cast-off.  It's probably because of legal liability reasons. That way if someone were to leave the show and immediately do harm to themselves, they can claim that the staff psychiatrist deemed they were stable at their time of departure.  Also, they claim to screen applicants for physical and mental health issues prior to casting.  It must be a very basic screening, IMO.  They probably ask if there has ever been a diagnosis made of mental health issues or if contestant's condition is currently stable and asymptomatic with their current treatment regimen. I say this because mental health conditions are extremely common. Many, many people are stable and well functioning if receiving proper care and medication.  IMO, it's riskier for an un-diagnosed person who self-medicates with alcohol to go on this show and be in this environment than it would be for a previously diagnosed person who is stable and conscientious about taking their medication to be there.  

I think it is other staff who have taken courses in human psychology (but not a medical degree, and therefore no Hippocratic oath) that do the mindf***ing. I believe this to be true.  They study these people's personality traits and flaws, and then push all of the right buttons to make for "good tv".  I do not believe that a licensed physician would be the one hired to do the mindf***ing, however, there will always be some professionals who are willing to do anything for a buck, ala Dr Conrad Murray.      

As a licensed psychologist, you are right, Mia, I did not take the Hippocratic oath.  However, I am bound to the Ethical Guidelines set forth by the APA (American Psychological Association) which includes many of the same principles inherent in the Hippocratic oath including that of non-maleficience.  Further, in some respects, psychologists are subject to more stringent ethical boundaries than are psychiatrists.  For instance, psychologists are discouraged (prior to the revision of the Guidelines in 2002 they were forbidden) to engage in dual relationships with clients (i.e. I can't see one of my students for therapy or can't treat my hair stylist) whereas psychiatrists often tend to favor the same practices engaged in by other M.D.'s (i.e. playing golf with their patients).  In fact, I just had a client who is a service professional herself tell me that her psychiatrist engaged her (the client's) services.

I'm sorry, Doc, I didn't make myself very clear in my post. I should have said Physician Psychiatrists (MD) and Clinical Psychologists (PhD) VERSUS somebody who has a bachelor's degree in general psych or who has taken some psych courses as electives of another bachelor's degree. MD/PhD for screening cast and exit interviews and the other for the mindf***ing strategies.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:17 am

Episode 2 Blog is up! The Putz, the Pain, the Prince and the Prank...

Can you guess who they are before clicking on the link?  :gotcha: 

http://realitvwithbee.blogspot.com/search/label/Bachelor%20in%20Paradise

Just a promise or a warning...it's super snarky this week!  giggling 
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkler Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:13 am

Beeleever wrote:Episode 2 Blog is up! The Putz, the Pain, the Prince and the Prank...

Thanks Bee- great recap!!

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by fashionista84 Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:42 am

Beeleever wrote:Episode 2 Blog is up! The Putz, the Pain, the Prince and the Prank...

Great blog! It gave me a good laugh this morning. Keep them coming!

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 2 August 11 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 20 Loveyouc
fashionista84
fashionista84

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:44 am

It was waayyy past my bedtime and I gave the link to my Ep. 1 blog. So sorry! Let's try that again.

http://realitvwithbee.blogspot.com/2014/08/bachelor-in-paradise-episode-2.html

And thanks Fashionista, Mia and Sparkler!
Beeleever
Beeleever

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:06 am

This show REQUIRES super snark. You have some great screencaps that definitely need added to that other thread.

This one would make a nice avatar, once everybody accepts Chris as FUNNY rather than just a "dork". He practically has stars in his eyes to match the little ones in his shirt.

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 2 August 11 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 20 Screen%2BShot%2B2014-08-13%2Bat%2B12.13.09%2BAM

TOTALLY forgot about this one!

"Being in Mexico makes me feel like I'm kind of embracing my heritage."

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 2 August 11 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 20 Screen+Shot+2014-08-13+at+12.07.09+AM

Others that people here need to go to the site to see include...

The one with Chris carrying what looks like Clare's bag... she probably views him as her bellhop.

Also Chris' "I have an idea" shot with Clare on the beach.

Also Ben with his bag of chips. That guy spent the entire time eating and drinking.

I must confess that, despite their popularity on this forum (and, yes, they do make a sweet couple), Marcus and Lacy are a trifle bland on TV. The problem isn't them. Just that many in their surrounding cast are more animated: Chris (who is as equally entertaining with the volume off), Ben (gonna miss the dude), Robert (that constantly befuddled look), Elise's constant frustration written over her face, Zack's Cheshire Cat Grin (he isn't required to talk on screen), hypnotic AshLee (where was she last episode?), Michelle Money's Eyebrows (™️) and, of course, Princess Clare-ol.

Need to re-watch that episode to catch those all important key words like "pheromones". (Wonder if they get activated in the water?) The Princess is definitely not disappointing me this season, both on screen and off (key twitter word for Shark Week is "Megladoooon"). She alternates between relentlessly sing-songy cheerful (just need a sock puppet show to make her routine complete) to tearful outrage at the drop of hat.

However, I'm just a little... worried... that so many of her PI sessions in that last episode were pre-Zack. She then suddenly vanished from the screen until there was some drama that needed comments on. Granted, many viewers are pleased that the mostly silent Zorro has found a way to make her shut up, but I don't watch this show just so she can give HIM his own private show.

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 2 August 11 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 20 Screen%2BShot%2B2014-08-13%2Bat%2B6.02.34%2BPM

PS: I know I keep picking on Marcus and Lacy as "bland", but this comparison shot of yours should please their fans... LOL! Maybe see if there is a shot of him looking directly at her for an even better match.

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 2 August 11 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 20 Screen+Shot+2014-08-12+at+7.40.39+PM

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 2 August 11 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 20 Jp_wit11
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:54 pm

I will post my screen caps in the other thread when I get home from the lake JBF. Thanks for your great insight!
Beeleever
Beeleever

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:22 pm

Ohhhh... let everybody come to the site and see them for themselves... and the hilarious captions. It won't kill 'em.

We can pick and choose our favorites... LOL!

Y'know... Clare-Bear is attracting a LOT of critters

Raccoon
iguanas... and basilisks (you folks can just google that word)
fire ants... attacking Robert on the temple steps. Only one attacks her, but she was already "nipped" before complaining to the raccoon.
A cute furry coatimundi makes a cameo in the trees when she is with Zack

Last edited by JBF on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:17 pm

If you are in need of a good laugh, just go back and rewatch Elise's RC speech several times and watch the facial expressions of everyone. Watch one time full speed, then next time slow-mo, then full speed, then slo-mo. I did a cycle of about 8 repetitions. I swear it gets funnier the more times you watch it! The music kills me! Love the moment when she says "I know and you know..." and touches Dylan's arm. Marcus' look is priceless! You just know that all of the contestants who lived through that RC must have pissed in their pants watching that scene air last week. Man, I can't wait to see what they have in store for us this coming Monday! YOPO!
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 2 August 11 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

+34
2observe
ironcat
Lucas15
nutty1
b
livlafluv1
Tiggerlgh
Maggenzm
soccermom333
rc49ers
eusebeia