SELECT CONTENT

DWTS 18- Meryl and Maks - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion

Page 47 of 74 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 60 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS 18- Meryl and Maks - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Page 47 Empty Re: DWTS 18- Meryl and Maks - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion

Post by LibbyBell Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:49 pm

SLA44 wrote:
Maddy wrote:
LibbyBell wrote:... and leave the stories about Maks and JLo for the rags! 

Yesterday I've heard that JLo broke up with Maks after his camp started leaking information about them...

Oh for crying out loud - where did that come from another rag?  That whole story was just ridiculous IMO.
  giggling  funny SLA!

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

DWTS 18- Meryl and Maks - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Page 47 Empty Re: DWTS 18- Meryl and Maks - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:14 pm

Max64 wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:Today's viewing pleasure from tumblr search:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wow, couldn't get any closer!  And we are to believe that with their chemistry and getting that close they've never smooched??  ahh, no!
No kidding, their chemistry is off the charts. Maks has never been like this with anyone else, he's such a different person when he's around her. I like seeing that side of him...and what he brings out in Meryl.

GG- giggling Nice seeing your a M&M fan too! Was wondering about the BIP thread-didn't want to be spoiled-good to know! And yeah, came to the same conclusion as you did about the show.

mnm-Wonder if there's a video of that somewhere? (Maks lifting JLo in that dance number) 

I'm sure Maks is brokenhearted being dumped by JLo!  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:31 pm

Lost17 wrote:
Max64 wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:Today's viewing pleasure from tumblr search:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wow, couldn't get any closer!  And we are to believe that with their chemistry and getting that close they've never smooched??  ahh, no!
No kidding, their chemistry is off the charts. Maks has never been like this with anyone else, he's such a different person when he's around her. I like seeing that side of him...and what he brings out in Meryl.

GG- giggling Nice seeing your a M&M fan too! Was wondering about the BIP thread-didn't want to be spoiled-good to know! And yeah, came to the same conclusion as you did about the show.

mnm-Wonder if there's a video of that somewhere? (Maks lifting JLo in that dance number) 

I'm sure Maks is brokenhearted being dumped by JLo!  Rolling Eyes

There is a video of it from the AMA show last Nov. He was a member of the dance troupe for one of her songs and he did not dance with during the production but at the very end stepped in and lifted her up. I found it on youtube and there might be a link to it further back in this thread.
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhooked Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:36 pm

JLo performance. It was 2013 AMA awards and a tribute to Celia Cruz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

mnmhooked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:46 pm

Thanks for the link mnm, was wondering about the connection they had. I can see trying to have a private convo...with every make you move being watched and listened too, it's hard to get those in a large group setting without 'someone' thinking it's something it's not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:58 pm

SLA44 wrote:Oh for crying out loud - where did that come from another rag?  That whole story was just ridiculous IMO.

It was on Extra TV, they were talking about JLo, her new album and gave different information about her and her personal life, talking about JLo said this and that and then they said that she broke up with Max... Suspect ...it was unexpected, but they didn't say anything more about that... no idea 
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:05 pm

mnmhooked wrote:Drool.....and breathe (pic). In reference, to some of the other stuff...  DWTS is a show and I have watched almost every season.
I think all of the pros know that the goal is to win and make your celeb look good. You appeal to the audience through those video pkgs. Those pkgs are put together by editors who pick and choose. One minute they are in a purple room, the very next second a maroon room. It's pieced together. Honestly, when I first saw the wk 6, episode and saw the dance starting and ending with holding hands, I thought maybe MnM had set up that whole little conversation in practice to make it fit. As the weeks went on, I changed my mind but that may be where the pros are coming from. They know how it works. Carrie Ann seems to be the only one who thinks there may be more. If you just look at the dances without the video pkgs, you would just see a beautiful art form by two skilled artists. I do think MnM are entertainers and professional. She's a perfectionist, and by their own admission, they both were into the performance level MORE than pleasing judges. It is an art to them. Everything had to be there. Costuming- Meryl wasn't gaudy. Lighting, interpretation of the music, etc. HOWEVER, having watched Maks over the years, what has me convinced is Maks and how he acted with Meryl. Even with Erin, who he dated, he didn't wrap himself around her, pull her towards him ALL the time. Could be he was euphoric over finally being able to express what he wanted to through dance. And I think how Meryl acted was genuine. Keep waiting for the sequel to book 1!

There really is no way to know what is for show and what is real. They play up romance because it gets them votes, but at the same time when something real happens, they try to keep it private. All the pros are going to know that is the game. Very few of the rumored romances on the show were ever real; pretty sure I heard Erin say that she and Maks NEVER actually dated; it was all hint hint nudge nudge just for show.

What we do know is that Meryl has had an effect on Maks that no one else ever has. And he would be an idiot not to want to make something from it. What we have no idea of is whether or not Meryl would be interested in pursuing it back; as Maks noted, they are from different planets, and as I've noted before, I think the hesitation on crossing through space would be stronger on her end. Maks is ready for family and kids; he has noted before he does not want a woman who is too focused on her career. I don't know that Meryl is at that point in her life.

It does make a lovely story. So classic.

And I really catch watch them all day. Amazing chemistry.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:28 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:
There really is no way to know what is for show and what is real.  They play up romance because it gets them votes, but at the same time when something real happens, they try to keep it private.  All the pros are going to know that is the game.  Very few of the rumored romances on the show were ever real; pretty sure I heard Erin say that she and Maks NEVER actually dated; it was all hint hint nudge nudge just for show.

What we do know is that Meryl has had an effect on Maks that no one else ever has.  And he would be an idiot not to want to make something from it.  What we have no idea of is whether or not Meryl would be interested in pursuing it back; as Maks noted, they are from different planets, and as I've noted before, I think the hesitation on crossing through space would be stronger on her end.  Maks is ready for family and kids; he has noted before he does not want a woman who is too focused on her career.   I don't know that Meryl is at that point in her life.

It does make a lovely story.  So classic.

And I really catch watch them all day.  Amazing chemistry.

So true, but at the same time very passionate and focused in what they do. I think that's what drew Maks to Meryl in the first place, her dedication and work ethic, which matches his. And who knew she could be so much more than an "ice princess", nice seeing that side of her, laughing, nurturing and 'taming' Maks of all people! It'll be interesting to see if they pursue something, I'd love to see it.

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhooked Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:32 pm

I agree. It's hard to call and waiting to see what they do about it. When they dance together again, they will be bombarded by it all again. Personally, I can't wait. They were interviewed one week after the show and she was asked to say 5 things about herself that people wouldn't know. The first thing she said was that she was silly and Maks agreed. She couldn't think of anything else and Maks came up with other things. It was pretty cute. I imagine she has been so programmed as to how to behave as an Olympian that Maks was probably like fresh air. In another interview, they were doing fan questions and someone asked how her lack of depth perception affected her dancing. Maks was like what? He got all worked up and asked her how did this guy know this and he didn't. Took her forever to answer because Mak was upset she hadn't told him. It was like he was hurt, and anyway, the exchange was pretty cute and a little telling.

mnmhooked

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhooked Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:37 pm

PS was not trying to discount the romance. I was trying to offer an explanation as to why noone onDWTS was buying that it was a real romance. I think it is or like Bruno said, they get the academy award for role playing.

mnmhooked

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:44 pm

mnmhooked wrote:Btw one of the rumors before the season started was that they brought Erin in because they were hoping for this chemistry between her and Maks that had been there when they were partnered up. You can script it and hope, but...fate had other plans.

I thought at first it might have be awkward for Maks with Erin but he just placed Meryl between them during her interview segments. His focus was totally on Meryl holding, petting, swingining her around etc... he could have cared less about Erin standing there. As for Karina & Mark Ballas saying it was a showmance ... both of them had showmances that ended up real like Karina with Mario Lopez and Mark with Sabrina Bryan. I have watched all Maks seasons with other partners. It was a job for him in the past but this year was different. He was not in love with any other partners but with Meryl he has said he loves her as a person and that love definitely shined through our screens. He has also repeatedly said he is ready for a family so I think the ball is in her court if she is ready for a relationship and family to see if their relationship develops into something deeper. It looks encouraging with his publicist and Maks and Meryl tweeting they will dance together again so they will have that opportunity to spend time together to see where this goes.

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Luvstruck wrote:
mnmhooked wrote:Btw one of the rumors before the season started was that they brought Erin in because they were hoping for this chemistry between her and Maks that had been there when they were partnered up. You can script it and hope, but...fate had other plans.

I thought at first it might have be awkward for Maks with Erin but he just placed Meryl between them during her interview segments.  His focus was totally on Meryl holding, petting, swingining her around etc... he could have cared less about Erin standing there. As for Karina & Mark Ballas saying it was a showmance ... both of them had showmances that ended up real like Karina with Mario Lopez and Mark with Sabrina Bryan. I have watched all Maks seasons with other partners.  It was a job for him in the past but this year was different.  He was not in love with any other partners but with Meryl he has said he loves her as a person and that love definitely shined through our screens. He has also repeatedly said he is ready for a family so I think the ball is in her court if she is ready for a relationship and family to see if their relationship develops into something deeper.  It looks encouraging with his publicist and Maks and Meryl tweeting they will dance together again so they will have that opportunity to spend time together to see where this goes.    

I agree, the only reason I have watched this show so regularly is because of Maks. (and I didn't watch the seasons he was not on) I do think Maks has cared for some of his partners, Erin, Kirsty, Mel, etc. how can you not after spending that much time with them, well except for maybe Hope Solo  :giggle:  but nothing compares to his affection for Meryl, nothing. I think Maks has such a strong work ethic, it's almost like he doesn't have patience or respect for someone not on the same page. Meryl has that, and I think he's in complete awe of her. She can put stress, pain, exhaustion and whatever else aside on work on the goal, obviously from her training.

Given the things he has said about her and the comment he has made about not returning to DWTS, wanting Meryl to be the last person he had passion with etc., the way he looks at her and the way he touches her..to me it's so obvious, he is madly in love with her. What Maks has with Meryl is rare and I think he knows that, he's not going to let that go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 74 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 60 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS 18- Meryl and Maks - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion

+37
GrahamGal
provenceguy
Maddy
Newto
Linds911