SELECT CONTENT

*No Spoilers* Bachelor 18 Episode 3 Discussion

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*No Spoilers* Bachelor 18 Episode 3 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: *No Spoilers* Bachelor 18 Episode 3 Discussion

Post by emusha Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:34 pm

nd4reality wrote:One thing I've noticed is that Andi, Nikki, Renee and Sharlene have been seen to hang out together a lot whereas Clare is not really part of that group. Not sure if anyone else noticed this or if that means anything.

I've noticed that Rene is very comfortable with almost all of the ladies... reflects very positively on her.

Have def seen Andi and Sharleen hanging and Nikki sits next to Andi quite a bit.

Nikki seems "ON" during all the epis and serious to me from epi3. straight-faced maybe she's still feeling uncomfortable. she also had her limbs all crossed when talking with juan and she didn't seem that into him at this point...she did the same with covering her upper body with her hand when she had her first sit down with him...i'm not sensing a genuine connection on her side and rather than a spark and heat i sense a coolness around her. this is a bit of an "out there" speculation but some of what she and what juan said about/to each other seems a bit inorganic, and forced...but maybe they're just nervous and awkward around each other - not sensing the palpable energy between them through their expressions and body language - might change with time with initial interest being there. but right now nikki's body language is a huge redflag!

Right now I'm only seeing a real mutual connection with Clare Andi and possibly Chelsea tho she seems still bedazzled by the whole experience it's unfortunate for Clare - she's getting super neurotic at this point since i think their connection is real.
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

*No Spoilers* Bachelor 18 Episode 3 Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: *No Spoilers* Bachelor 18 Episode 3 Discussion

Post by chloep Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:52 pm

nd4reality wrote:
Maggenzm wrote:Has anyone think that Chelsie got a chance here? I think so. Let's see what happens next week.

Chelsie got the "Adrenaline" date that produced a few of the past seasons F1s (Ed, Vienna) and they said it rightly on the show that  facing your fears together forms a bond.

It depends.. A lot of past leads said that the ones getting the adrenaline dates are either those who have a particular fear/or a story(see Sarah and AshLee in Sean's season) OR those with whom the lead is expected to have/has only a physical connection(or none at all).... The ones with whom the conversation flows very easily without the awkward pauses usually get the city-strolling/boat dates...
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:58 pm

Maggenzm wrote:Has anyone think that Chelsie got a chance here? I think so. Let's see what happens next week.

I do! I enjoyed Juan Pablo and Chelsie's date quite a bit and they seem to get along very well. She was easy going and fun during the day and able to look hot at night. Juan also said quite a few really nice things about Chelsie ... didn't he say "wife" material??

If I was going to pull together a top six after episode three, I'd say (in no particular order for top 5):

1. Chelsie - see above
2. Andi - they have great chemistry and she is gorgeous, smart and seems kind/gets along well with others. I am not surprised he took her some place private during group date whereas the gals he did not seem to like as much stayed right in open view of everyone.
3. Nikki - she has a a rocking body, pretty face and Juan Pablo just seems gaga around her. She like Andi also got more private spot for one on one on group date. I would not be surprised if producers are hiding some of their interactions.
4. Sharleen - my husband watched a tiny bit last night with me and thought she was way TOO high maintenance but Juan seems to like her ... a lot. I love her outfits. She has impeccable tastes (and expensive). I am not sure what to think yet of her. Is she playing game or really wishy washy?
5. Clare - my husband also thought she was pretty but too high maintenance. I think poor girl is going to go whacko on us and looks to bring on the drama in upcoming episodes. She reminds me of Sean's Ashlee so guess she could go to final four. We'll see.

TIED for SIXTH
6. Kat - I like her! She is gorgeous, mature and savvy. I liked how she shut down Elise when she was going on and on about Chelsie being too young. Kat asked just the right questions to get Elise to admit that she was only a year or so older. Juan Pablo sure let her sit on his shoulders for quite some time and they had fun on their one on one. Will be interesting to see them together on next week's group date.
6. Cassandra - She is such a beautiful and sweet girl. Seems like Juan Pablo loves the way she looks and that she is devoted mom. BUT ... she is only 21 (!!) and doesn't seem as adventurous/easy going as he says that he wants in a wife. I don't see her staying to final four and not sure how well she will do next week when it's back to being part of group date time.
6. Renee - Everyone loves this lady ... she's total BFF material! So nice, pretty and chill. She rolled right out of bed and into breakfast with no makeup - no problem. But ... I see friend zone unless we see some sparks soon. You just never know what they are hiding.

Just a Matter of Time Gals
Elise - Pretty girl with sad story BUT she was a bit too catty for me last episode
Kelly Dog lady - Wow ... really mean comments about Kat and no athleticism at all. Plus, give me a break about hiding face in the a.m.?! She seems like too much work.
Lauren, Danielle and Allie ... all three are pretty and sweet but so far TPTB are not giving us much to work with. Either they are very well hidden (a la Catherine in Sean's season) or only there for filler and to hang with gals.

Did I miss anyone? If I did, add them into my Just a Matter of time Pack!!
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:57 pm

Right on MVmom! ITA! Nice post!!
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:17 am

jojo, I agree with your ideas about Sharlene, Nikki and Renee.

My thoughts on Episode 3:

Re: the 1:1 date, I thought the car/boat was neat-- great product placement. I'm sure they will soon be all the rage in beachy areas. I didn't really see any chemistry with Cassandra...I was surprised that he gave her a rose.

The group date: I saw a connection (either real or edited) with Sharlene, Nikki and Andi. I feel that Sharlene is there for the drama. I say this because just last week, the story was that she just wasn't sure about Juan Pablo and didn't know if they were a good match-- didn't really even know if she wanted to give him a shot. Monday night, she couldn't kiss him enough and just wanted to be all wrapped up with him. She sure enjoyed giving the other girls something to watch down on the field even though I thought Juan Pablo was uncomfortable with it; anyone else notice that he was the one that pulled away? I didn't find it realistic so, I'm not buying it as real. Nikki, he had great 1:1 time on the group date. In fact, he lead her to an area where they would be all alone and had some good conversation. It ended with a hug; I know that Nikki wishes she had moved in for a kiss but, I think that Juan Pablo was good with the hug. Not that I don't think he wanted a kiss, as well but I think it left him wanting more and in a budding relationship, sometimes that is a good thing. Andi; I found it very interesting that again, Juan Pablo was leading her somewhere that was away from the group where they could have good alone time. It was also his chance to kiss her. I felt it was absolutely instigated by him-- stark comparison to Sharlene moving in for a kiss. I think that these 3 point to a characteristic that I think Juan Pablo finds attractive in a woman: confidence. As an opera singer, Sharlene has stage presence which can also be seen as confidence. Nikki, as a nurse, has a need to be level headed and not impulsive which can be seen as confidence. Andi, the ADA, is required to be well spoken and confident in her profession as well. The other girls, fought the good fight but these are the 3 that IMO won at the soccer stadium.  Hugesmile 

Elyse was getting on my nerves! She's not that much older than Chelsea, for her to keep talking about all her life experiences was a joke! Chelsea's 1:1 date: Hey....wait a minute!! Was this bridge the same bridge that Jake and Vienna jumped off of?!?! It looked a little bit familiar. IF SO, it does not bode well for Chelsea!  giggling Just like with Cassandra, I didn't really see much connection; MOT, IMO.

I really liked Juan coming by the morning of the cocktail party and changing it to a pool party. I think it really threw a lot of the 'ettes to let him see them with no make up. ex: Kelly....really?!?! give me a break!  I love Molly, but Kelly has to go! I did think that Lucy would last a little bit longer but only because of the potential drama she could lead the girls to jump at.

The previews promise some of the drama next week (I'm guessing that is when we will see Claire angry at Nikki...don't think that she (Claire) will win in that battle but, I could be wrong giggling

ETA: MVM, I agree with your descriptions of the girls. I would substitute Kat or Renee in place of Chelsea though; although she is nice, I just didn't see the chemistry.

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:49 am

LibbyBell wrote:jojo, I agree with your ideas about Sharlene, Nikki and Renee.

My thoughts on Episode 3:

Re: the 1:1 date, I thought the car/boat was neat-- great product placement. I'm sure they will soon be all the rage in beachy areas. I didn't really see any chemistry with Cassandra...I was surprised that he gave her a rose.

The group date: I saw a connection (either real or edited) with Sharlene, Nikki and Andi. I feel that Sharlene is there for the drama. I say this because just last week, the story was that she just wasn't sure about Juan Pablo and didn't know if they were a good match-- didn't really even know if she wanted to give him a shot. Monday night, she couldn't kiss him enough and just wanted to be all wrapped up with him. She sure enjoyed giving the other girls something to watch down on the field even though I thought Juan Pablo was uncomfortable with it; anyone else notice that he was the one that pulled away? I didn't find it realistic so, I'm not buying it as real. Nikki, he had great 1:1 time on the group date. In fact, he lead her to an area where they would be all alone and had some good conversation. It ended with a hug; I know that Nikki wishes she had moved in for a kiss but, I think that Juan Pablo was good with the hug. Not that I don't think he wanted a kiss, as well but I think it left him wanting more and in a budding relationship, sometimes that is a good thing. Andi; I found it very interesting that again, Juan Pablo was leading her somewhere that was away from the group where they could have good alone time. It was also his chance to kiss her. I felt it was absolutely instigated by him-- stark comparison to Sharlene moving in for a kiss. I think that these 3 point to a characteristic that I think Juan Pablo finds attractive in a woman: confidence. As an opera singer, Sharlene has stage presence which can also be seen as confidence. Nikki, as a nurse, has a need to be level headed and not impulsive which can be seen as confidence. Andi, the ADA, is required to be well spoken and confident in her profession as well. The other girls, fought the good fight but these are the 3 that IMO won at the soccer stadium.  Hugesmile 

Elyse was getting on my nerves! She's not that much older than Chelsea, for her to keep talking about all her life experiences was a joke! Chelsea's 1:1 date: Hey....wait a minute!! Was this bridge the same bridge that Jake and Vienna jumped off of?!?! It looked a little bit familiar. IF SO, it does not bode well for Chelsea!  giggling Just like with Cassandra, I didn't really see much connection; MOT, IMO.

I really liked Juan coming by the morning of the cocktail party and changing it to a pool party. I think it really threw a lot of the 'ettes to let him see them with no make up. ex: Kelly....really?!?! give me a break!  I love Molly, but Kelly has to go! I did think that Lucy would last a little bit longer but only because of the potential drama she could lead the girls to jump at.

The previews promise some of the drama next week (I'm guessing that is when we will see Claire angry at Nikki...don't think that she (Claire) will win in that battle but, I could be wrong giggling

ETA: MVM, I agree with your descriptions of the girls. I would substitute Kat or Renee in place of Chelsea though; although she is nice, I just didn't see the chemistry.

Agree with some, but I believe Chelsea and Juan had great chemistry. Juan really liked her. I think she goes far..JMO
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:08 am

Libby, we are on same page! I put Chelsie in my top 5 more because of everything he said about her esp wife comment and because they seem so darn comfortable together. I also thought he kept up saying good things in blog, which might not mean anything but he was more effusive about Chelsie than Cassandra.

Bottom line though is he definitely has more magnetic pull w your top 3 so will be interesting to watch those relationships progress ( or fizzle). I am anxious to see 1-on-1 with more girls and esp with Andi, Renee and Nikki.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by tealeafs Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:15 am

Maggenzm wrote:I feel that Sharlene is there for the drama. I say this because just last week, the story was that she just wasn't sure about Juan Pablo and didn't know if they were a good match-- didn't really even know if she wanted to give him a shot. Monday night, she couldn't kiss him enough and just wanted to be all wrapped up with him. She sure enjoyed giving the other girls something to watch down on the field even though I thought Juan Pablo was uncomfortable with it; anyone else notice that he was the one that pulled away? I didn't find it realistic so, I'm not buying it as real.

He actually leaned in and kissed her, initiating the kiss the way he did with Andi. The only difference is that he pulled away quickly (probably because the girls were watching), but Sharleen went in for another kiss. I think JP is a lot less dull-brained than some of us take him for, because he does seem to play a bit of a game with the girls, getting them to fall for him before sort of cooling off towards them. It drives the girls insane, and I think it really gets to Sharleen, more than the others.
tealeafs
tealeafs

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:26 am

tealeafs wrote:
Maggenzm wrote:I feel that Sharlene is there for the drama. I say this because just last week, the story was that she just wasn't sure about Juan Pablo and didn't know if they were a good match-- didn't really even know if she wanted to give him a shot. Monday night, she couldn't kiss him enough and just wanted to be all wrapped up with him. She sure enjoyed giving the other girls something to watch down on the field even though I thought Juan Pablo was uncomfortable with it; anyone else notice that he was the one that pulled away? I didn't find it realistic so, I'm not buying it as real.

He actually leaned in and kissed her, initiating the kiss the way he did with Andi. The only difference is that he pulled away quickly (probably because the girls were watching), but Sharleen went in for another kiss. I think JP is a lot less dull-brained than some of us take him for, because he does seem to play a bit of a game with the girls, getting them to fall for him before sort of cooling off towards them. It drives the girls insane, and I think it really gets to Sharleen, more than the others.

I rewatched the 1:1 time with Nikki, Andi & Sharleen (after soccer GD). JP did lean in to kiss Sharleen and told her quietly he wanted to kiss her. Her body language was showing she was stiff & surprised. She then asked for a redo, which got awkward all the way around.

There's a PI of Sharleen at the very end of the pool party segment where she's saying that she's bothered that she cares (my paraphrase). Her hair is down and she's in a top/dress with black spaghetti straps. The background is one that we haven't see with her before and it would be good to try to ID it.

Hope someone can SC this PI and bring it over. Maybe it's from Miami, but not sure. It's clearly not from the pool party or that evening, but that's when it aired.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:38 am

LibbyBell wrote:Elyse was getting on my nerves! She's not that much older than Chelsea, for her to keep talking about all her life experiences was a joke! Chelsea's 1:1 date: Hey....wait a minute!! Was this bridge the same bridge that Jake and Vienna jumped off of?!?! It looked a little bit familiar. IF SO, it does not bode well for Chelsea!  giggling Just like with Cassandra, I didn't really see much connection; MOT, IMO.

*chuckle chuckle*... at least Vienna wound up as Jake's F1... temporarily. I too immediately thought of her 3rd episode date with Jake with that bridge. Jason and Molly might have also done that, but in New Zealand I think. What went through my head was: Is Chelsie going to be a firecracker later like Vienna?

I do think Juan really likes Chelsie. The major "red flag" is that she is so frisky and energetic, while he looked tired. (Then again, he looked tired with everybody this episode.) Maybe the "opposites attract" vibe will work very well with them, but I suspect Chelsie may need a partner who is more intellectually stimulating than Juan. She is very high on my list of candidates I would want as a Bachelorette simply because the guys competing would be required to say more than just the usual "I think we have a connection" and "I wish I was driving that car" on screen. Already she got the "wife material" logo that many future leads get. (Haven't re-watched the date to see if he also included "for me" with that line, as Des kept saying with Chris. If he didn't, it would mean she isn't this season's Chris.)
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:54 am

JBF wrote:
LibbyBell wrote:Elyse was getting on my nerves! She's not that much older than Chelsea, for her to keep talking about all her life experiences was a joke! Chelsea's 1:1 date: Hey....wait a minute!! Was this bridge the same bridge that Jake and Vienna jumped off of?!?! It looked a little bit familiar. IF SO, it does not bode well for Chelsea!  giggling Just like with Cassandra, I didn't really see much connection; MOT, IMO.

*chuckle chuckle*... at least Vienna wound up as Jake's F1... temporarily. I too immediately thought of her 3rd episode date with Jake with that bridge. Jason and Molly might have also done that, but in New Zealand I think. What went through my head was: Is Chelsie going to be a firecracker later like Vienna?

I do think Juan really likes Chelsie. The major "red flag" is that she is so frisky and energetic, while he looked tired. (Then again, he looked tired with everybody this episode.) Maybe the "opposites attract" vibe will work very well with them, but I suspect Chelsie may need a partner who is more intellectually stimulating than Juan. She is very high on my list of candidates I would want as a Bachelorette simply because the guys competing would be required to say more than just the usual "I think we have a connection" and "I wish I was driving that car" on screen. Already she got the "wife material" logo that many future leads get. (Haven't re-watched the date to see if he also included "for me" with that line, as Des kept saying with Chris. If he didn't, it would mean she isn't this season's Chris.)

ETA: JBF, She is also high on my list, but you're right she needs someone with more vocabulary. Did you notice at the end she was teaching different words. She is a teacher so this might work.

Now, I think Nikki is this season Chris in personality, reserved, but yet very confident. Also, I like their conversations, very normal, like Chris and DEs. I can't wait for their date!
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:07 pm

Me too Magge! I just have to say that I love watching unspoiled. Everyone has a chance at this stage and I have no favorites, no rose colored glasses. I am not even paying attention to screencaps so for all I know Lauren or Danielle is hidden f1. I will probably pick a favorite by episode 5 or 6.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

*No Spoilers* Bachelor 18 Episode 3 Discussion

+8
chloep
Maggenzm
jojo47
Sprite
nd4reality