SELECT CONTENT

Now that RFL is over -- final thoughts? autopsy of the details, etc.

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Now that RFL is over -- final thoughts? autopsy of the details, etc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Now that RFL is over -- final thoughts? autopsy of the details, etc.

Post by newfiegirl Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Wait-A-Minute wrote:i predict we see ben and shandi on another show of some type within the next year. wouldn't be surprised to see ben on Apprentice since he has a connection to ivanka trump.

shandi also has a connection to The Donald from her pageant background, so it wouldn't surprise me to see her on that show or even become involved in something else The Donald produces. btw, shandi has gone off to hawaii to get away from it all. she tweeted tonight that she's arrived in Kauai and is already in beach mode.

i think i've spotted something in ernesto's tweets he may plan to use somehow to market himself. he now ends nearly every tweet with the hashtag phrase #hopefulRomantic. while the others from ready for love are going back to their lives, ernesto is working very hard on twitter, continually responding to every tweet he gets.

as for ready for love, i think the show should have included only two guys and episodes should have been either an hour or no more than an hour and half. 2 hours was too long and required too much production nonsense as filler. i also agree with the comment that having all the girls together to hear matchmaker advice didn't seem right. also, if anyone ever tries a new dating show, please NO ELEVATORS.

I expect Shandi has already recovered from the Ernesto fiasco and we will see her appearance on our tv screens in the future. Since her pageant days she has gotten tv face time with the following: co-host for a few game shows, guest appearance on one of The Apprentice episodes, Macy's Thanksgiving parade grand marshall, co-host for one of Fox's New Year's Eve broadcasts, Dancing With the Stars contestant, then RFL. Not sure what her final career goal is but it obviously involves having her face and name known on tv.
newfiegirl
newfiegirl

Back to top Go down

Now that RFL is over -- final thoughts? autopsy of the details, etc. - Page 3 Empty Re: Now that RFL is over -- final thoughts? autopsy of the details, etc.

Post by newfiegirl Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Got carried away there with my Shandi thoughts.
I agree that having 2 guys instead of 3 might have worked better and been less confusing for the viewers. The edits for dates were so choppy I could not really get into seeing how relationships were being formed. Would have liked to have seen more one on one with the matchmakers and the leads as well as the girls; didn't like the group analysis with matchmakers in front of an audience, it felt like it was just to stir up controversy for the cameras.
newfiegirl
newfiegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:51 pm

tigertiz wrote:Shandi said that she has a new show for next fall.
i think i've spotted something in ernesto's tweets he may plan to use somehow to market himself. he now ends nearly every tweet with the hashtag phrase #hopefulRomantic.
You are probably right. Go away Ernesto.
Agreed. He's really stunk up the place! :angryemotion : Redfacemad

Back to top Go down

Post by Wait-A-Minute Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:56 pm

Teddy333 wrote:
i think i've spotted something in ernesto's tweets he may plan to use somehow to market himself. he now ends nearly every tweet with the hashtag phrase #hopefulRomantic.

not only isn't ernesto going away, apparently he is becoming more entrenched - at least with eva, that is.

they were spotted together just yesterday in hollywood, shopping at art galleries.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2337486/Eva-Longoria-takes-new-boyfriend-Ernesto-Arguello-art-gallery-shopping-gears-new-series.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/07/eva-longoria-ernesto-arguello-dating-photo-_n_3404017.html

http://www.x17online.com/celebrities/eva_longoria/eva_longoria_steps_out_with_ernesto_arguello_photos_060713.php

Wait-A-Minute

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:39 pm

Wait-A-Minute wrote:
not only isn't ernesto going away, apparently he is becoming more entrenched - at least with eva, that is.

they were spotted together just yesterday in hollywood, shopping at art galleries.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2337486/Eva-Longoria-takes-new-boyfriend-Ernesto-Arguello-art-gallery-shopping-gears-new-series.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/07/eva-longoria-ernesto-arguello-dating-photo-_n_3404017.html

http://www.x17online.com/celebrities/eva_longoria/eva_longoria_steps_out_with_ernesto_arguello_photos_060713.php

Wow! I know that I should not be surprised as you and Katiebaby certainly gave fair warning and lots of evidence but this is soooooooooooo bad!

I really really really wonder if the cancelling of the show had anything to do with Eva's relationship with Ernesto? What a scandal if it had still been on air! The tabloids would have had a field day to end ALL field days. Just imagine if it was Des & Fleiss.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:17 am

Wait-A-Minute wrote:
Teddy333 wrote:

From the above Huffington Post article:

"He was also supposedly living at her house while filming the NBC reality show".

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by Wait-A-Minute Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:04 am

MVMom39forever wrote:
Wait-A-Minute wrote:

Wow! I know that I should not be surprised as you and Katiebaby certainly gave fair warning and lots of evidence but this is soooooooooooo bad!

I really really really wonder if the cancelling of the show had anything to do with Eva's relationship with Ernesto? What a scandal if it had still been on air! The tabloids would have had a field day to end ALL field days. Just imagine if it was Des & Fleiss.

the cancellation was curious on more than one level. yes the ratings were weak, but not so weak that they couldn't find some dead space on nbc to air it. even odder was that nbc-universal chose to not move the show to one of its 5 or so cable channels, such as E!, Bravo, Oxygen, USA and Universal HD - all of which are perfect fits with a show like ready for love. i mean, have you ever really looked at how much nothingness is on some of those cable channels in the course of a week? so think about it - nbc-universal basically chose to not even try to monetize the show even though they could have easily done so. my guess is that we now know the answer.

that is also points to the problem with having any future seasons. even if anyone wanted to pick up the show and try to make a season 2, it's likely that they wouldn't want eva to be part of it, if only because of the bad publicity that would accompany it. but eva's involvement as a producer was a key to the marketing of the show.

Wait-A-Minute

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:12 am

....all of which proves, IMHO, that there will not be another season of this show. I think the whole idea is as "dead as a doornail."

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:01 pm

the cancellation was curious on more than one level. yes the ratings were weak, but not so weak that they couldn't find some dead space on nbc to air it. even odder was that nbc-universal chose to not move the show to one of its 5 or so cable channels, such as E!, Bravo, Oxygen, USA and Universal HD - all of which are perfect fits with a show like ready for love. i mean, have you ever really looked at how much nothingness is on some of those cable channels in the course of a week? so think about it - nbc-universal basically chose to not even try to monetize the show even though they could have easily done so. my guess is that we now know the answer.
I would imagine that all of the contestants must , at some level, be furious with Eva and Ernesto. Many of them go on these shows both to find love, and to promote themselves in some way. (This includes Tim, who at least got to showcase the PWT's early on.) But Eva and Ernesto totally screwed them over. I think if E & E could have kept their relationship totally quiet (like Ben and Angela did for oh , say - 10 months) then the show would have at least gone to cable. They would have been able to be together alot - when Eva and all three guys were traveling to promote the show , for example. From November through March , no one would have noticed Ernesto LAX. He could have flown in constantly to see her, and stay at her house, if they were willing to make the sacrifice of hiding in public.

Do you all think the matchmakers were lying when they said, in interviews, that they did not think that E & E were dating? Tracy said she would know if it was happening. Heck - we ALL knew.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:35 pm

Man, who knows! I just don't find Ernesto to be so friggin enticing & irresistible that Eva couldn't cross him off her list of younger men to pursue.

How selfish! Really, think about all the missed opportunities for all the folks both the ones onscreen and just as importantly behind the scenes.

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Wait-A-Minute Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:39 pm

tigertiz - absolutely. matt certainly had to know. he's good buddies with ben and ben would know what's going on. (it's very nice that ben went to eva's graduation, but my belief is he was there merely as cover for ernesto - under the premise they were there as the "ready for love guys". puhleeze!) besides, matt was the one they set it up with for eva to come out of the restaurant with back in april so the paps wouldn't shoot e&e together even though all of them were together at dinner. besides, what else would you expect the matchmakers to say. this was an important opportunity for each of them to get major face time on tv and promote themselves. they aren't going to bite the hand that feeds them....at least not until it becomes profitable to do so! let me also suggest that they wouldn't be worth their weight in salt as matchmakers if they didn't pick on the e&e vibe.

Wait-A-Minute

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:38 pm

The matchmakers got screwed most of all. They went on the show for exposure and didnt even get a couple of million viewers every Sunday afternoon on E!
Not that we will ever know - but I bet they feel totally screwed by Eva and Ernesto.

tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Now that RFL is over -- final thoughts? autopsy of the details, etc.

+15
docnash14
newfiegirl
luvlady345
noobsleuth
2observe
Wait-A-Minute
LoveDovez
melisma
Iluvbachette
MatchMaker
BuckeyeGal06