SELECT CONTENT

Brandon Andreen - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brandon Andreen - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Brandon Andreen - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by LLiza Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:53 am

IF Brandon is gay, he certainly was in good company on that show! I'm sure that he wasn't the only one... Gay men seek publicity just like straight ones.

LLiza

Female Posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Brandon Andreen - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Brandon Andreen - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by dw_a_mom Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:35 pm

grace8136 wrote:And if his role was scripted, who else's was? Maybe they need some guaranteed drama. Guys with gfs/guys who are gay/guys looking for PR, all the same as far as I concerned. I guess at least there's a chance the others will fall for the lead, but that's not their intention. They are not there for the lead, just to create some ratings for the show. So the question is who was for real and who wasn't?
If you listen to Jason and Molly's podcast, you discover that they are pretty much ALL cast to fulfill scripted roles. Not to say no reality seeps in, but they are cast with defined roles in mind and then pushed extremely hard to play them out. I don't think anyone tells them their cast role per se, but they will be manipulated into it.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Mozart Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:55 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:
grace8136 wrote:And if his role was scripted, who else's was? Maybe they need some guaranteed drama. Guys with gfs/guys who are gay/guys looking for PR, all the same as far as I concerned. I guess at least there's a chance the others will fall for the lead, but that's not their intention. They are not there for the lead, just to create some ratings for the show. So the question is who was for real and who wasn't?
If you listen to Jason and Molly's podcast, you discover that they are pretty much ALL cast to fulfill scripted roles.  Not to say no reality seeps in, but they are cast with defined roles in mind and then pushed extremely hard to play them out.  I don't think anyone tells them their cast role per se, but they will be manipulated into it.
It's certainly perfectly fine if Brandon happens to be gay, and he very well might be gay- or straight, for that matter.  
Like others have written, I don't think it's fair for someone who is gay to pretend to be straight and thus fool the lead, who might very well fall in love with him and pick him as F1.

I personally don't think that Brandon was one of the contestants that producers cast to fit a preconceived role on the show.
Brandon, with his good looks and genuine, kind soul could very well have been chosen as the F1.
I personally couldn't understand why he was let go so early - I guess it was because Des knew she wasn't going to pick him in the end and didn't want to "tease" him by keeping him on longer than necesssary.  Just a guess.....

Marti [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My Homepage (for Mozart fans) -
MOZART'S FAVORITE SISTER-IN-LAW, SOPHIE WEBER HAIBL: AN 18TH CENTURY WOMAN:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mozart
Mozart

Female Posts : 251

http://mozartist.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:11 pm

I think he was kind of scary telling her he was falling in love before they ever even had a date, so very off. Even the stories of men coming into his life and him thinking they may be his new dad were not group date conversation or a conversation you have before you know someone. That is FD private time talk. I don't think that was real.

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:18 pm

I would only think Brandon was casted because one time Natalie Getz wrote on her twitter that she met some of Des's guys & told her that they got the gig through talent agents. Then I saw a tweet from Brandon that mentioned meeting Natalie, so I assumed it was Brandon. It could have also been Robert Graham too..not sure.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:38 pm

A lot of these people get cast because they know someone who was on previously...and that pool only gets bigger as the show is on longer...and through talent agents. Hence why so many model types.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mozart Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:09 am

Sprite wrote:A lot of these people get cast because they know someone who was on previously...and that pool only gets bigger as the show is on longer...and through talent agents. Hence why so many model types.
That makes sense. And it makes it harder for those leads hoping to find true love and a marriage partner on the show - and a romantic person like me hopes that all the leads are seeking that. Model types and those who have talent agents aren't necessarily the best marriage candidates.

Marti [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My Homepage (for Mozart fans) -
MOZART'S FAVORITE SISTER-IN-LAW, SOPHIE WEBER HAIBL: AN 18TH CENTURY WOMAN:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mozart
Mozart

Female Posts : 251

http://mozartist.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:51 am

california90 wrote:I would only think Brandon was casted because one time Natalie Getz wrote on her twitter that she met some of Des's guys & told her that they got the gig through talent agents. Then I saw a tweet from Brandon that mentioned meeting Natalie, so I assumed it was Brandon. It could have also been Robert Graham too..not sure.
Actualy Nat was talking about Drew and Bobby. She later confirmed that Hugesmile
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:41 am

chloep wrote:
california90 wrote:I would only think Brandon was casted because one time Natalie Getz wrote on her twitter that she met some of Des's guys & told her that they got the gig through talent agents. Then I saw a tweet from Brandon that mentioned meeting Natalie, so I assumed it was Brandon. It could have also been Robert Graham too..not sure.
Actualy Nat was talking about Drew and Bobby. She later confirmed that Hugesmile
Not a surprise since Drew headed out to LA pretty much as soon as the show was done.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:41 am

Who's Bobby?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:33 am

grace8136 wrote:Who's Bobby?
Robert Graham...one of the other contestants this season. His bio is in this thread along with Des's other contestants.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:30 pm

Mozart wrote:
Sprite wrote:A lot of these people get cast because they know someone who was on previously...and that pool only gets bigger as the show is on longer...and through talent agents. Hence why so many model types.
That makes sense.  And it makes it harder for those leads hoping to find true love and a marriage partner on the show - and a romantic person like me hopes that all the leads are seeking that.  Model types and those who have talent agents aren't necessarily the best marriage candidates.
All the f3 last season were models at least part time. I don't think you can generalize about model types or aspiring actors. Ryan Sutter did some part time modeling and lets face it, most on the show are very good looking and don't need it to find love.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15322

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brandon Andreen - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

+25
IrishGal
dw_a_mom
Mozart
klisack
lovebachelorette2012