SELECT CONTENT

Desiree Hartsock - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 47 of 47 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 45, 46, 47

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Desiree Hartsock - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 47 Empty Re: Desiree Hartsock - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Guest Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:30 pm

albean99 wrote:I'm thinking Des isn't moving anytime soon especially now that I find out she just did. She's in a location that a lot of people want to be so if the guy (Brooks most likely) can move I think he will and not her. I'm sure she's open to moving at some point but her career is also important to her. I'd say the same no matter who's the f1.  

i totally agree with you. being on the show des is getting some great exposure & experience for being a designer but one just doesn't up and become a wedding dress designer. that will require probably many years of working for other designers to learn the business. being a stylist is good but she isn't actually designing in that job. it also requires oodles of money to open your own design company and have dresses manufactured. that just isn't something des can do yet.

i think she and brooks (or whoever) should both stay where they are for awhile and date long distance. it's not very far from LA to SLC and they could have fun meeting up in between too at the grand canyon. santa monica is one of the most desirable places to live with great opportunities for both of them. also, it's just a fun town because there are so many people in their 20s & 30s there. who knows if these two will last though and even get to the point of moving to be together.

Back to top Go down

Desiree Hartsock - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Page 47 Empty Re: Desiree Hartsock - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by melisma Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:30 pm

To begin with, I wouldn't say that Ashley actually moved to JP -- she was in grad school in Philly, and was there when her role in the game began.  Now they are living in Princeton which is basically equi-distant from both cities.  Many people commute to either city from Princeton every day.

Second, if the only way that Des' relationship (or any woman's for that matter) to work is that SHE make the move, then perhaps HE is not the best man for her.  A sustaining relationship is about give and take, not just doing whatever the man says or wants to do.  Now if Des has always been dying to move to SLC, then we have another story!!

melisma

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:50 pm

For the record, Brooks said he would be open to moving to CA if he was F1 in his AC interview.
In fact,  both of his parents are originally from there. His best friend also lives in LA so I can see him making the move for Des.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:01 pm

Tiggerlgh wrote:
canyonvue wrote:I think it's a lot of speculation, about the moving and what Des will want to do and what the F1 will want to do. And whether or not they'll even make it. My opinion is, most likely they won't, so I hope that Brooks doesn't do something stupid like move away from his job to be nearer her because she refuses to bend (ala Emily). Brooks has a job. Jef didn't, really. Des, supposedly doesn't have much of one. If she loves Brooks, she can do bridal dress design here. There's a big market for wedding dresses here. And if Brooks is very much into marketing and having his own business, Salt Lake's a very good place for that. One of the best in the U.S.

I hope that BROOKS is smart about his future and is a little more demanding that Jef ever was. If Des really loves him she'll move. If there's that great divide in their lives, they really aren't going in the same directions, then most likely they just won't work, like I said.

But then, despite Des's hopefully giving attitude, Brooks just might prefer to move to LA. It just seems it's not a very good start to their relationship that he would have to. If she really wants to be with him, she'd climb mountains for him (literally). Just look at al the other couples on the show, or off the show (but that met because of the show), who have made it. How often did the woman move? Most of the time. Trista and Ryan, Jason and Molly, Ashley and JP, Chris and Peyton, Blake and Holly. Which way did the woman go? His direction. If Brooks has to go hers, that's a red flag to me. Brooks needs those roots, the job he's doing well in, the career he was probably planning on growing. It makes a man strong.

I don't know about Sean and Catherine, but somehow I can't see Sean uprooting from Texas.

Hasn't he kind of already.  They are still in LA they have not moved to Dallas, yet.

For real!! I don't know that Cat is gonna be able to drag Sean away from the Hollywood life. ; (
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:04 pm

sfrank wrote:For the record, Brooks said he would be open to moving to CA if he was F1 in his AC interview.
In fact,  both of his parents are originally from there. His best friend also lives in LA so I can see him making the move for Des.

True. Why not Fit LA or run a business together like, Bres' Bridal Boutique:cutesmile!:
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:17 am

Brooks had only worked for Fit for a few months before he headed to the show so he really doesn't have deep roots with that company.  From what I can tell the company has even't been around that long. I agree with Melisma.  No reason for the woman to be the one to move. That's a thing of the past, IMHO. :Smiley:

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by melisma Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:02 pm

I adore Desiree -- she appears to be lovely, compassionate, bright and energetic.  I trust that she believes that her personal plan for her life should not be compromised -- not for any of these men....or any men outside of the game.

If I were Desiree's mother or teacher, I would be completely proud to know her and support her - kisses and all!!  As a former game contestant, she must be cognizant of the potential media response to her actions. 

She has plenty of positive attributes - she certainly doesn't need an average man to "complete" her.  A few of these guys seem better than others, but I don't see a true winner in terms of a long-lasting life partner.  I hope that IF she makes a choice of a F1 in the end, and he tries to call all of the shots, she will feel free to call it a day and quickly move on.

melisma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:48 pm

melisma wrote:I adore Desiree -- she appears to be lovely, compassionate, bright and energetic.  I trust that she believes that her personal plan for her life should not be compromised -- not for any of these men....or any men outside of the game.

If I were Desiree's mother or teacher, I would be completely proud to know her and support her - kisses and all!!  As a former game contestant, she must be cognizant of the potential media response to her actions. 

She has plenty of positive attributes - she certainly doesn't need an average man to "complete" her.  A few of these guys seem better than others, but I don't see a true winner in terms of a long-lasting life partner.  I hope that IF she makes a choice of a F1 in the end, and he tries to call all of the shots, she will feel free to call it a day and quickly move on.

I love your post. I feel the same way about Desiree and I agree that if she has any reservations about the guy she will move on and won't compromise herself in any way. I think she is always very true to herself and seeks positive energy in her life. That said, I think she a few great guys at the end and I really hope one is her soul mate. I have never hoped success for a lead so much before and would love to see her find the man of her dreams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:15 pm

Go Brooks! Whatever is best for him. Don't want to see him get raked over the coals like a lot of the others before him.

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:18 pm

canyonvue wrote:Go Brooks! Whatever is best for him. Don't want to see him get raked over the coals like a lot of the others before him.

I guess that comes with the territory! no idea

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 47 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 45, 46, 47

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Desiree Hartsock - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

+65
BarbB222
brittany4400
eliza3
etsluu
klisack