SELECT CONTENT

Episode 10 (Finale) - 3/11 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 74 of 75 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 10 (Finale) - 3/11 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 74 Empty Re: Episode 10 (Finale) - 3/11 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Catdwoman50 Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:29 am

OK here's my take on Shay's blog.

This is what she said: "I've decided not to publish any mean or angry comments today about the show. Normally, I publish all of my comments unless they have spoilers in them but today, I will not be publishing any that are rude, mean or hateful." So I believe, there is something she didn't like about how it ended, how Sean had to take two girls till the end or how Sean had to propose. One or the other is not sitting right with her or with all of the family. She may also be upset about the edits when she said in her previous interview that, "...in Thailand, you will see the love shine through." But that really wasn't the case. Whatever it is, I believe in their family unit (Cat does too), so Shay will not do anything to disrespect her brother or his choice. She did her blog that way, I believe, out of respect for both the ladies and to express her displeasure. She chose not to say anything today - plus she is also under contract so she might not be able to say what she wants - because whatever it is that is bothering her I am sure she already discussed with her brother and should just be between them now and not air out for all of us to be a part of.

She also said that they live a simple life in Dallas so perhaps all this media blitz is not sitting right with them. I really think that like most of us, DWTS is not something Sean's family would have supported, but he did it anyway. We don't really know what is behind all this and everything we say or think is speculation. I think that instead of being antagonistic towards Shay, let us try to understand that they have been a close family unit and she may believe that the bachelor experience have torn them apart somehow. I think that to help the couple fight through this we have to help Catherine integrate with Sean's family by understanding all sides and give the support they need to make this work for them. By choosing sides and thinking we know what is happening behind close doors will incite more media attention and may drive this couple we are rooting for, apart. So let's cheer them on and cheer Sean and Catherine's families on and the family that they want to start together. May they all find peace and happiness in the love that Sean and Catherine discovered in the nuthouse, called the Bachelor.

Last edited by Catdwoman50 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Episode 10 (Finale) - 3/11 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 74 Empty Re: Episode 10 (Finale) - 3/11 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Gingsterose Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:43 am

Can someone give a link to Shay's blog, please.
Gingsterose
Gingsterose

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:44 am

Gingsterose wrote:Can someone give a link to Shay's blog, please.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:50 am

I actually thought of your (probable) reasons for Shay's SWSNBN blog., Cat! It's just a matter of time, media will notice her lack of enthusiasm even if we, her brother's staunch supporters be mum about it. On the contrary, their silence on twitter and her SWSNBN recap will be a major fiesta for the tabloids. As Madame Imelda Marcos said above, it won't kill her to name Cat! If she does not want to "hurt" her brother by the media attention to their family's "disapproval", what is a simple tweet to sean and cat to hide at least their possible valid reasons. By that, anyone might not even notice. *shrugs*

"This moment in my life
It's like I've never loved before
The way you show me with a kiss
How much you care
You are love
You are life
You are peace of mind.", 'Peace Of Mind', David Cook

#TheOGJash #SeanCat #Jadine #GoldSquad
#TeamMCAUReynold #COOKista  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
#Tannah4evah #MattyjandLaura #MaRthur #JorJo #Darvey  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Cari
Cari

Female Posts : 926

http://twitter.com/chapark

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:51 am

biglove44 wrote:Maybe we're overreacting. Gah, I hope so.

There's no reason for a sister or friend or anyone to not like Catherine. She goes to freaking church and is abstaining from sex, just like her fiancé. She quit her job (right?) and is moving to be with Sean. What else do people want her to do?

Yes, I think y'all are overreacting. Shay can't win for losing- either she's criticized for exploiting her brother's notoriety or she talks about HER experience filming in Thailand and folks jump all over her.

When the family can finally welcome Catherine into their home, I'm sure we'll see some happy pictures and hear some happy thoughts.

Remember what Sean told his mom- "You've seen them for 20 minutes." Shay probably had her own 20 minutes (which we didn't see), but still only 20 minutes.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by ImeldaMarcos Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:19 pm

The polite thing to do would be to say that Lindsay acted with grace and to welcome Catherine to the family or at least congratulate the happy couple. Silence is deafening.

ImeldaMarcos

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Shay can't win for losing- either she's criticized for exploiting her brother's notoriety or she talks about HER experience filming in Thailand and folks jump all over her.
I dont know much about Shay. I didnt read her blogs until today. I certainly dont see how she is exploiting Sean's notoriety nor have I said anything about that. I also think it's nice that she shared her wonderful experience in Thailand. It's what she has left out that I find telling. I'm not choosing sides. I have no idea if there are even sides to choose. I'm just observing her public media behavior. Since I like to sleuth, I'd like to consider what this might mean regarding Sean and Cat, since Shay has insider information about their situation and engagement.

ImeldaMarcos wrote:The polite thing to do would be to say that Lindsay acted with grace and to welcome Catherine to the family or at least congratulate the happy couple. Silence is deafening.
Yup.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingsterose Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:44 pm

Have we heard from Catherine's family, her sister? Don't they have twitter or facebook. That would be interesting too as they were just as skeptical.
Gingsterose
Gingsterose

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:55 pm

tigertiz wrote:
Shay can't win for losing- either she's criticized for exploiting her brother's notoriety or she talks about HER experience filming in Thailand and folks jump all over her.
I dont know much about Shay. I didnt read her blogs until today. I certainly dont see how she is exploiting Sean's notoriety nor have I said anything about that. I also think it's nice that she shared her wonderful experience in Thailand. It's what she has left out that I find telling. I'm not choosing sides. I have no idea if there are even sides to choose. I'm just observing her public media behavior. Since I like to sleuth, I'd like to consider what this might mean regarding Sean and Cat, since Shay has insider information about their situation and engagement.

ImeldaMarcos wrote:The polite thing to do would be to say that Lindsay acted with grace and to welcome Catherine to the family or at least congratulate the happy couple. Silence is deafening.
Yup.

I think Shay is saying that she wants to remember this time positively. If Shay tweets or opens her "comments" she will be bombarded with hate post that Sean should have picked Lindsay, very similar to what happened with AshLee. Catherine and Sean know how she feels and that matters.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:57 pm

She comes across as very lukewarm to me in this interview. Nothing negative or especially positive either way and doesn't seem to know or want to say what she knows about the wedding plans. The host appears more enthusiastic if you ask me:

The Bachelor's Sister Reacts To Last Night's Final Rose Ceremony

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:07 pm

^ It just seems like she was not in on what Sean's gonna do. She was not in on who Sean will choose, if he's gonna choose and probably not aware that they were planning a wedding.

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:10 pm

I think Shay's fine.... she's controlled. She's being even handed. Remember, this isn't new news to her. I object to the station's little poll- PLEEEEASE- one thing to run it last week (or two weeks ago), but AFTER????

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 74 of 75 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 10 (Finale) - 3/11 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

+109
Gingsterose
california90
pavalygurl
atem
imouttatime