SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor: Women Tell All - 3/04 - Discussion Thread

Page 52 of 52 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor: Women Tell All - 3/04 - Discussion Thread - Page 52 Empty Re: The Bachelor: Women Tell All - 3/04 - Discussion Thread

Post by shoepie Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:21 pm

moonchild wrote:First of all, AshLee and her whole story (up to this date in time) make me feel so lucky for what I have had in my life. No child should ever have to go through what she did.

The unfortunate thing is that experience has become her whole identity. She continually plays the role of the victim. She told Sean about it the first night. It was easy for Sean to get sucked in because he sees part of his role as a "man" as that of a protector. And clearly, she was painting herself as a person that needed protecting. Instead of looking inward and taking responsibility herself, she has to blame someone else. She blamed her mother for her decision to get married at 17. Instead of saying I made a stupid 17 year old choice, it was, it was the ONLY way I could get away from my mother. And, as we saw, she couldn't say, I see and understand now that we weren't the best match. I wish you nothing but the best because I cared deeply for you. Instead, Sean you weren't who I thought YOU were ......you are nothing but a frat boy that leads women on. When he was explaining why he had a change of heart, I doubt that she was even listening.

On the other hand, Catherine had two incredibly horrible experiences as a child (again, how lucky am I!). She told Sean about them but only after the relationship started becoming serious. They were definitely things he needed to know about her, not because they define her but because these experiences help shape who she is today.

For those that keep saying Sean is immature.....he like practical jokes, etc. Sean worships his dad and wants to be just like his dad and wants to have a relationship just like his mom and dad. His dad is a practical joker.....it is what it is.

I think that Sean did learn a lot during this season. That he can be with a strong independent woman and still be her protector while she takes responsibility for her own happiness. That it is better to be with someone that makes you happy every time you are with them, than to be with someone that matches you bullet point by bullet point on paper. And quite possibly, that you might have to compromise to be with the one that you truly love.

:alltens:
shoepie
shoepie

Female Posts : 2306

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor: Women Tell All - 3/04 - Discussion Thread - Page 52 Empty Re: The Bachelor: Women Tell All - 3/04 - Discussion Thread

Post by jcrbil Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:13 pm

The radio interview today had Sean saying what he looks for in a woman- sweet, a good (kind) heart, and intelligence..... after that, surprise me. He has said it before.
I think it's a good idea to throw stereotypes out the window with him.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:29 pm

i don't think ashlee was trying to hurt sean intentionally at the WTA, at least i sure hope not. i think she just assumed she was right in what she remembered and couldn't believe sean was saying something different so was trying to get him to admit he was wrong. of course it became a he said, she said and she sort of wouldn't drop it and she came off looking pretty bad. i think it was her way to gain back control by trying to make sense of what happened between them. when sean didn't agree with her version of the events she kind of unraveled and kept trying to prove she was right and he was wrong. i think it was more about being right than being mean on her part. being right is all tied up with being in control.

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Baseball Mom, kcsgramma, & luvluv
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowFox Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:35 am

Lucas15 wrote:
twinkletoes143 wrote:True love is rarely found in a neat carefully laid out package that you imagine, It rarely happens that way. It will force you to get out of your comfort zone, inconvenience you and consider things that you wouldn't dream of doing if you're just sitting on your status quo.

^^^^^^

I suspect that Sean has had lots of chances to meet that "statuesque model beauty queen christian woman that would fit right in his family" and perhaps found that they didn't fit right in with him. It seems that Sean likes the side of him that Catherine brings out and Catherine likes the side of herself that she can be around Sean. To me that looks like a pretty good fit for them and it's their opinion that counts - not mine.

Indeed.
SnowFox
SnowFox

Female Posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:23 am

SnowFox wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:
twinkletoes143 wrote:True love is rarely found in a neat carefully laid out package that you imagine, It rarely happens that way. It will force you to get out of your comfort zone, inconvenience you and consider things that you wouldn't dream of doing if you're just sitting on your status quo.

^^^^^^

I suspect that Sean has had lots of chances to meet that "statuesque model beauty queen christian woman that would fit right in his family" and perhaps found that they didn't fit right in with him. It seems that Sean likes the side of him that Catherine brings out and Catherine likes the side of herself that she can be around Sean. To me that looks like a pretty good fit for them and it's their opinion that counts - not mine.

Indeed.

starwelcome SnowFox
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 52 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor: Women Tell All - 3/04 - Discussion Thread

+100
deedreamer
Nativenewyorker
Madge58
GypsySarah
moonpie