SELECT CONTENT

Episode 1 - 1/07 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 1 - 1/07 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 15 Empty Re: Episode 1 - 1/07 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by ninu Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:02 pm

Longhornfan wrote:I have to agree with those who said that they were not that impressed with Catherine - at least what we got to see of her. I did see her intro though that the producers chose not to air, and she did come across as very young and a little quirky. I have no doubt that she has a fun personality, but we don't know anything more than that. I definitely would not have picked her as a frontrunner, much less Sean's F1.

In my opinion it was Tierra that Sean was most taken with and not Catherine. And I do think that he initially liked AshLee and Desiree quite a bit on that first night, and both of them got one-on-one dates BEFORE Catherine got her first one with Sean. This makes me think that knowing Catherine is supposed to be the F1 might have skewed one's perception of Sean's initial interest in Catherine. I am just not seeing it yet.

ITA - I would've thought Catherine as just another matter-of-time girl from epi 1, and as much as I adore her spunky personality, she comes off too goofy and young for Sean, JMO! That said, I can't think of another good fit from the girls this season - AshLee was too intense from her intro on, and Desiree probably shot her chances after that HTD boyfriend prank. Lindsey was probably being courted as next B'ette already, and I'm willing to bet TPTB were attempting to sway Sean away from her no matter what his real feelings. I guess we'll see as the season goes on :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ninu
ninu

Female Posts : 2347

Back to top Go down

Episode 1 - 1/07 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 15 Empty Re: Episode 1 - 1/07 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by jcrbil Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:10 pm

Though we who suppose Catherine is F1 are definitely looking for connections between them, Ali F (who generally does not read spoilers and you can tell because her idea of who is the frontrunner changes every week) did see a connection between Sean and Catherine when they first met- and Catherine was one of Ali's top 3. She reference Sean's giggle as proof.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:37 pm

The home town prank always gets the boot at F3 or 2

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:56 pm

I am not saying that there was not some kind of initial attraction that Sean probably felt for Catherine. I do actually think that he is (was) taken by her looks, since it has been said that he likes an exotic look, which Catherine does possess.

However, I also saw Sean's reaction to several other women that night that indicated an attraction to them as well. I saw it with AshLee. As she walked away he turned around and let out a big sigh, like "WOW". I saw it with Tierra too. There were several other women that seemed to make a good impression on Sean as well. However, other than Tierra, to me none of the others stood out more than the rest.

I do think that Sean has already addressed the fact that there were some women who might not have really caught his full attention until a little later on in the show. I actually think that Catherine might have been one of those women since she doesn't get her first 1-on-1 date with Sean until Canada.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:32 pm

I do think that Sean has already addressed the fact that there were some women who might not have really caught his full attention until a little later on in the show. I actually think that Catherine might have been one of those women since she doesn't get her first 1-on-1 date with Sean until Canada.

And I really don't have a problem with that.... it would be a well-considered attraction based on more than the first physical attraction- more meaningful in my book.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by ThankMeLater Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:10 pm

ninu wrote:
Longhornfan wrote:I have to agree with those who said that they were not that impressed with Catherine - at least what we got to see of her. I did see her intro though that the producers chose not to air, and she did come across as very young and a little quirky. I have no doubt that she has a fun personality, but we don't know anything more than that. I definitely would not have picked her as a frontrunner, much less Sean's F1.

In my opinion it was Tierra that Sean was most taken with and not Catherine. And I do think that he initially liked AshLee and Desiree quite a bit on that first night, and both of them got one-on-one dates BEFORE Catherine got her first one with Sean. This makes me think that knowing Catherine is supposed to be the F1 might have skewed one's perception of Sean's initial interest in Catherine. I am just not seeing it yet.

ITA - I would've thought Catherine as just another matter-of-time girl from epi 1, and as much as I adore her spunky personality, she comes off too goofy and young for Sean, JMO! That said, I can't think of another good fit from the girls this season - AshLee was too intense from her intro on, and Desiree probably shot her chances after that HTD boyfriend prank. Lindsey was probably being courted as next B'ette already, and I'm willing to bet TPTB were attempting to sway Sean away from her no matter what his real feelings. I guess we'll see as the season goes on :)
Do they actually sway contestants from leads? I never heard this before

ThankMeLater

Female Posts : 3528

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:50 pm

jcrbil wrote:Though we who suppose Catherine is F1 are definitely looking for connections between them, Ali F (who generally does not read spoilers and you can tell because her idea of who is the frontrunner changes every week) did see a connection between Sean and Catherine when they first met- and Catherine was one of Ali's top 3. She reference Sean's giggle as proof.

JMHO ~ I believe Ali does read spoilers related to the show during the season.

ThankMeLater wrote:
ninu wrote:

I believe the producers have a lot of sway and power in how a season unfolds. Even though this has been denied multiple times.
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:56 pm

[quote="ThankMeLater"]
ninu wrote:

ITA - I would've thought Catherine as just another matter-of-time girl from epi 1, and as much as I adore her spunky personality, she comes off too goofy and young for Sean, JMO! That said, I can't think of another good fit from the girls this season - AshLee was too intense from her intro on, and Desiree probably shot her chances after that HTD boyfriend prank. Lindsey was probably being courted as next B'ette already, and I'm willing to bet TPTB were attempting to sway Sean away from her no matter what his real feelings. I guess we'll see as the season goes on Smiley

Yep, they can be very persuasive in a round-a-bout way. It's not like they say--don't pick her. It's more subtle. They can encourage certain prospective cast in manipulative manners--offering more time, better dates and psychologically setting them up. They can discourage by providing like scenarios. Extensive psych testing goes on prior to the Meat and Geek. They use this tool to their advantage...think how many dates the cast go on that single out their phobias.
But to answer the question bolded: think Molly and Jason, refer to the "Mesnick" after he dismissed her at the FRC and his reaction to it all less than 8 weeks after. That answers it! :Nod:

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:35 am

[quote="Kashathediva"]
ThankMeLater wrote:
ninu wrote:

ITA - I would've thought Catherine as just another matter-of-time girl from epi 1, and as much as I adore her spunky personality, she comes off too goofy and young for Sean, JMO! That said, I can't think of another good fit from the girls this season - AshLee was too intense from her intro on, and Desiree probably shot her chances after that HTD boyfriend prank. Lindsey was probably being courted as next B'ette already, and I'm willing to bet TPTB were attempting to sway Sean away from her no matter what his real feelings. I guess we'll see as the season goes on Smiley

Yep, they can be very persuasive in a round-a-bout way. It's not like they say--don't pick her. It's more subtle. They can encourage certain prospective cast in manipulative manners--offering more time, better dates and psychologically setting them up. They can discourage by providing like scenarios. Extensive psych testing goes on prior to the Meat and Geek. They use this tool to their advantage...think how many dates the cast go on that single out their phobias.
But to answer the question bolded: think Molly and Jason, refer to the "Mesnick" after he dismissed her at the FRC and his reaction to it all less than 8 weeks after. That answers it! :Nod:

I don't remember where I got this, but I seem to remember hearing/reading that they tried to steer Brad away from Emily because they wanted her to be the Bette?..and the poor sod went his own way again, and look what it got him.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:37 am

[quote="Sprite"]
Kashathediva wrote:
ThankMeLater wrote:
ninu wrote:

I don't remember where I got this, but I seem to remember hearing/reading that they tried to steer Brad away from Emily because they wanted her to be the Bette?..and the poor sod went his own way again, and look what it got him.

Yes, what you heard was something quite a few heard. :yes:
Manipulation to achieve a storyboard for the future is not unheard of. Love really is secondary on this show. In Brad's case he dodged a bad hoagie.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:17 pm

I agree with this post !00%

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelad9 Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:39 pm

What a train wreck night one was. But while we know it'd happen, we know we can't avert our eyes and still avidly watch it anyways. LOL

My impression from night one-
I think Sean likes AshLee, Tierra, Kacie.. I'm not seeing anything between him and Catherine just yet. Maybe the start of a friendship.

I thought I would like Catherine but I'm finding that while I do like seeing Sean and her together, I don't really care for the way she acts in VO's and Pi's. But I'm hoping that it's first night nerves and she'll just be herself in the next few episodes. :)

Tierra-- is it me or does the woman remind you of Courtney?

Ashley P... ... still can't decide if she really was that drunk, crazy or if it was all an act...

Kacie B- liked seeing her coming back! But I think she's in for a hard time with that bunch of girls! I think right now Sean is more comfortable with her than any of the others because he already knows her based on the way he sat next to her. However Sean's eyes were looking in the general area of Catherine and I'm assuming he was already looking at Catherine night one.

Brooke seemed like she has a good heart even thou her dyed hair didn't suit her. It's a shame she won't be kept around more as I think she'd provide a level headed approach to the girls who seem like they're spoiling for a fight or hangs back too much...

I liked AshLee. thought sean seemed more taken by her first night than some of the other girls.

Let's bring on the next episode!! Can't wait to see what Harlequin looks like!

Kelad9

Female Posts : 1107

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 1 - 1/07 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

+46
Kashathediva
Jeepers
Longhornfan
noobsleuth
mandmmom2