SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Page 64 of 64 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion - Page 64 Empty Re: The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Newto Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:26 pm

ironcat wrote:I agree that they won't play up Sean's career as what defines him, but will stress his All-American good looks (we should start the betting now as to how many "ab shots" will be shown of him in the premiere) combined with his exemplary "character" (not sure how much of this will revolve around "faith"). Heaven forbid there are any real skeletons in his closet that come out in the media and tarnish his pristine image; I think that might negatively impact viewership more than in past seasons where the lead started off with a bit more "edge".

Hi, ironcat. Nothing wrong with an all-American, good-looking, nice guy. Hopefully they won't find any skeletons in his closet. It will be refreshing to have a "regular" person as The Bachelor. :yes:
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion - Page 64 Empty Re: The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:21 pm

Amen it will be awesome to have a "normal" bachelor someone like you and I

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:37 pm

Columbia, MD wrote:
biglove44 wrote:......................Based on the show's history and what we know about Sean's job, they'll probably exaggerate Sean's title as well. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's misleading.

Misleading? MF thrives on that. How can they exaggerate Sean's "title" any more than it already has been?
JMHO. giggling

True. I'm looking forward to how the show portrays Sean... giggling Reality Steve mentioned that he'd be the most different, not best but different bachelor the show's ever had. Maybe with his religious background, he's a virgin?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:46 pm

I don't see him being a virgin(if he is) or practicing abstinence being a problem. I'ts not like we see them doing anything on the show, they just date! Something that Christians practicing abstinence also do a lot! So we won't be missing anything just because of this!! We will get a Bachelor who takes things more serious with regards to dating and mariage, and I would like to see THAT for a change!! :yes:

Back to top Go down

Post by raekae Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:06 pm

biglove44 wrote:
raekae wrote:Ok... super confused why we're discussing Sean's job title. Who cares what he does! His job doesn't define him or make his personality sway one way or another. And honestly? If these girls that are vying for his heart get caught up on job titles, they aren't the kind of girls you take home to the fambam anyway. My husband worked at a bowling alley when we got married. It paid the bills. Never defined him. I managed a pizza place. Again, it paid the bills. Didn't define me. I'm much more than my job title portrays me to be. As I think we all are.

Also. My husbands "type" was stick thin brunettes. He claimed that up until the day we started dating. He'll still admit to being more attracted to brunettes. However, I am a natural blonde, who highlights my hair to make it blonder. I'm also athletic and have that hourglass shape. He fell madly in love with me, regardless of the fact that I didn't meet his typical "type". So, I don't put much stock into the fact that Sean likes blondes. If theres a brunette, or even a redhead, there that blows him away, I can guarantee that will become his new "type".

Are you super confused or offended that I'm not saying something positive about Sean? People were discussing how the show tends to exaggerate the leads' career. Jake/Jason/Matt are examples. Based on the show's history and what we know about Sean's job, they'll probably exaggerate Sean's title as well. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's misleading.

Not offended at all. I just got on the boards last night after being off for a couple days and saw all this talk about Sean's career. You're most definitely entitled to your opinions and statements :yes:
raekae
raekae

Female Posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:10 pm

Ocrazy wrote:I don't see him being a virgin(if he is) or practicing abstinence being a problem. I'ts not like we see them doing anything on the show, they just date! Something that Christians practicing abstinence also do a lot! So we won't be missing anything just because of this!! We will get a Bachelor who takes things more serious with regards to dating and mariage, and I would like to see THAT for a change!! :yes:

I don't think "problem" is the terminology I would associate with the Machine. Sexual status/history could be exemplified and sensationalized. The season Sadie Murray was on (Plo's,) it seemed every time she was highlighted the fact she was a virgin was thrown out there. The audience may have begun to think this was her profession by the end of the season. Subsequent seasons, huge issues were made out of lack of sexual history for both female and male cast. These kabooms are what makes MF soak up the glee.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Oh God Lord...I am not thinking Sean is a virgin. He may not want his Momma and Daddy to know that, but the boy knows his way around a woman. He just needs kissing lessons.

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:10 pm

I'm not sure how normal or better yet average Sean is. I don't know any guys who body build and are fitness models. 20 egg whites aren't your normal breakfast fare for most people. Maybe they'll play up the modeling. A lot of women love the 6 packs so I'm sure the viewers will be happy when they emphasize that. Not my thing though.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15332

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:18 pm

Right, albean. A lot of women love the beefcake guys. I cant stand it, personally. I much prefer the athletic lean types. But I'm sure the bachelorettes in the house will love Sean.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:43 pm

tigertiz wrote:Right, albean. A lot of women love the beefcake guys. I cant stand it, personally. I much prefer the athletic lean types. But I'm sure the bachelorettes in the house will love Sean.

Count me as one that's not into 'beefcake'. I like more like Roberto than body builders.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:47 pm

If I recall correctly, I think Sean's college degree is in Finance which lends itself to his new more entrepreneurial type of position. Hopefully, it means he is financially sound, too.

I saw a tweet on his timeline that implied a former Miss Oklahoma/1st runner up to Miss USA was offered a spot on the show but turned it down before she knew TB most likely is Sean. She's now a fitness/fashion model, blonde, very religious, - looked like a great match on paper.

So, it looks like the candidates weren't told who was going to be TB which makes sense given the way things evolved.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 64 of 64 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

+116
jlccaz
ja1968
colie079
IzaLurkin
Minney