SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Page 63 of 64 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion - Page 63 Empty Re: The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by ja1968 Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:25 am

raekae wrote:Ok... super confused why we're discussing Sean's job title. Who cares what he does! His job doesn't define him or make his personality sway one way or another. And honestly? If these girls that are vying for his heart get caught up on job titles, they aren't the kind of girls you take home to the fambam anyway. My husband worked at a bowling alley when we got married. It paid the bills. Never defined him. I managed a pizza place. Again, it paid the bills. Didn't define me. I'm much more than my job title portrays me to be. As I think we all are.

Also. My husbands "type" was stick thin brunettes. He claimed that up until the day we started dating. He'll still admit to being more attracted to brunettes. However, I am a natural blonde, who highlights my hair to make it blonder. I'm also athletic and have that hourglass shape. He fell madly in love with me, regardless of the fact that I didn't meet his typical "type". So, I don't put much stock into the fact that Sean likes blondes. If theres a brunette, or even a redhead, there that blows him away, I can guarantee that will become his new "type".

Or maybe she will be a minority. It could happen.
ja1968
ja1968

Female Posts : 819

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion - Page 63 Empty Re: The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:29 am

raekae wrote:Ok... super confused why we're discussing Sean's job title. Who cares what he does! His job doesn't define him or make his personality sway one way or another. And honestly? If these girls that are vying for his heart get caught up on job titles, they aren't the kind of girls you take home to the fambam anyway. My husband worked at a bowling alley when we got married. It paid the bills. Never defined him. I managed a pizza place. Again, it paid the bills. Didn't define me. I'm much more than my job title portrays me to be. As I think we all are.

Also. My husbands "type" was stick thin brunettes. He claimed that up until the day we started dating. He'll still admit to being more attracted to brunettes. However, I am a natural blonde, who highlights my hair to make it blonder. I'm also athletic and have that hourglass shape. He fell madly in love with me, regardless of the fact that I didn't meet his typical "type". So, I don't put much stock into the fact that Sean likes blondes. If theres a brunette, or even a redhead, there that blows him away, I can guarantee that will become his new "type".

Are you super confused or offended that I'm not saying something positive about Sean? People were discussing how the show tends to exaggerate the leads' career. Jake/Jason/Matt are examples. Based on the show's history and what we know about Sean's job, they'll probably exaggerate Sean's title as well. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's misleading.

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:16 am

biglove44 wrote:......................Based on the show's history and what we know about Sean's job, they'll probably exaggerate Sean's title as well. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's misleading.

Misleading? MF thrives on that. How can they exaggerate Sean's "title" any more than it already has been?
JMHO. giggling
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:44 am

Y'all forgot .. He is a model as well

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:50 am

Whatever Sean makes at State Farm he also is a fitness model to help supplement the bills. I don't believe Dallas condos are all that cheap so he must be bringing in more than the minimum.

It is interesting to talk about the inflation of titles because it makes me wonder if that's part of the fantasy that leads to problems afterward. It's not only the leads who have their occupations played with. Graham was listed as a Pro Basketball Player but hadn't played for years. I guess you can hope that they all discuss these things but we just don't see it.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15332

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:30 am

ja1968 wrote:

Sean has dated a girl who is a minority before so at least we know he is open to the possibility.

My guess is they will inflate his job title because his current one probably isn't as interesting as they would like it to be. Doesn't matter to me what he does, especially since he seems to have no problem supporting himself.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:00 pm

When they started casting the guys from the Bachelorette as the Bachelor leads, i.e., starting with Jason, they seemed to be comfortable starting from a premise of desirability/appeal on character or sympathy grounds. The story line emphasizes heartbreak/looking for love over Paycheck/Star Quality aspects in other words. Jake is a bit of an exception, as they over hyped his commuter jet job to the point where you'd think Neil Armstrong was up for grabs. And Brad of course second time around got the Second Chance / New Man storyline.

So, I assume Sean will get some combo of "genetic gift to womankind" and heartbreak / rejectee, with strong personal character and perhaps even "faith" thrown in. I'm not terribly enthused about seeing what this franchise does with/to a Man Of Faith (which I 100% believe Sean is). On Sweet Home Alabama, the Christian men got a wonderful, warm, true presentation of the times when they supported one another, prayed, read the Bible without any hidden undertones of cynicism or hypocrisy. I don't see ABC exercising that restraint given the difference in demographics from ABC primetime and CMT niche programming for country music / Bible Belt demographic. That is the #1 reason if I were Sean's best friend or advisor, I would tell him to walk away. Maybe he got a contract stip like Emily's on morality/character and how he is portrayed. Depends on who had the upper hand at the bargaining table.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:11 pm

That is the #1 reason if I were Sean's best friend or advisor, I would tell him to walk away. Maybe he got a contract stip like Emily's on morality/character and how he is portrayed. Depends on who had the upper hand at the bargaining table.
Maybe that stipulation was the stumbling block. (How do you benefit if you have to sell your soul?) If so - good for Sean. On the other hand, TPTB only would have finally folded and agreed to that after Roberto and Arie already pulled out. They had no more options. That must have really put Sean in the power position. Very good for him! He was willing to walk away I guess and didnt blink first. We'll know for sure when we see his edit. There will be proof.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:12 pm

umngirl wrote:
ja1968 wrote:

Sean has dated a girl who is a minority before so at least we know he is open to the possibility.

My guess is they will inflate his job title because his current one probably isn't as interesting as they would like it to be. Doesn't matter to me what he does, especially since he seems to have no problem supporting himself.

Exactly! Nowadays, women are overjoyed when they find someone who is willing to work hard to support himself rather than mooching off of Mom and Dad. Who cares if his job is glamorous or boring? At least he's a hard worker!
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:32 pm

I agree that they won't play up Sean's career as what defines him, but will stress his All-American good looks (we should start the betting now as to how many "ab shots" will be shown of him in the premiere) combined with his exemplary "character" (not sure how much of this will revolve around "faith"). Heaven forbid there are any real skeletons in his closet that come out in the media and tarnish his pristine image; I think that might negatively impact viewership more than in past seasons where the lead started off with a bit more "edge".

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by KikiLove Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:45 pm

Just wanted to add this: in one of the interviews I posted in Sean's thread earlier, he refers to his brother-in-laws office as where he ''used to work.'' He is currently a partner in the company 'The Factory Girl' started by one of his best friends Clay Silver and Silver's sister Jessie ten months ago, that sells customized furniture and purses. Sean is the business manager. He also does fitness modeling on the side, like the workout dvd that came out a month ago (a fitness program by the same company behind the fitness program vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan follows called P90x (the company is Beachbody LLC: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )) :Smiley:

Last edited by KikiLove on Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
''Let your faith be bigger than your fears''
''No one can make you feel inferior without your consent'' - Eleanor Roosevelt
KikiLove
KikiLove

Female Posts : 2434

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgFME101EA3Jsekih-BkYbA

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:50 pm

That's good to know Kiki. His higher profile from being on the Bachelorette has already paid off for him and his new company, and will continue to do so. Good for them! It sounds like an open ended concept and they can branch into other home decor or whatever.

Last edited by tigertiz on Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 64 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

+116
jlccaz
ja1968
colie079
IzaLurkin
Minney