SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Page 1 of 79 1, 2, 3 ... 40 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion Empty The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Chacharo Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:25 am

Jeepers wrote:
IrishGal wrote:
Jeepers wrote:And the virus does not resolve...

Actually it does in some cases. I know because I am a walking example. :shocked!:

Absolutely not the norm .. Quite rare actually

From John Hopkins Medicine website:

What are the signs and symptoms of HPV infection?

Most people infected with HPV don’t know they are infected. Their immune system is able to clear the virus from their body. A small percentage of people can’t clear the virus and may develop problems ranging from benign skin warts to abnormal cell growth that could lead to cancer.

How common is HPV?

It is estimated that 20 million people in the U.S. currently have HPV infection. One in 49 people will get a new HPV infection each year. HPV infection is very common. Most sexually active people have had an HPV infection at some point in their lives, although many never know they were infected.

What should I know about HPV?

HPV is a common infection. In 90 percent of cases, the body’s immune system is able to clear the genital and anal HPV infection within two years. We do not know how long it takes to clear oral HPV infections, but the timeframe may be similar. Most people will not have any health problems related to HPV infection.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion Empty Re: The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by nutty1 Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:51 am

Love the new banner, but where's Lochte??? (just kidding!)

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion Empty Re: The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Chacharo Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:22 am

That's the weirdest start to a new thread I've ever seen. giggling

For the people who may have missed it, HPV was being discussed in the previous Bach 17 thread. :shocked!:

So, who do you want to be the new bachelor? :Biggrin:

Last edited by Chacharo on Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:33 am

Chacharo wrote:
Jeepers wrote:
IrishGal wrote:

Actually it does in some cases. I know because I am a walking example. :shocked!:

Most people infected with HPV don’t know they are infected. Their immune system is able to clear the virus from their body. A small percentage of people can’t clear the virus and may develop problems ranging from benign skin warts to abnormal cell growth that could lead to cancer.

How common is HPV?

It is estimated that 20 million people in the U.S. currently have HPV infection. One in 49 people will get a new HPV infection each year. HPV infection is very common. Most sexually active people have had an HPV infection at some point in their lives, although many never know they were infected.

HPV is a common infection. In 90 percent of cases, the body’s immune system is able to clear the genital and anal HPV infection within two years. We do not know how long it takes to clear oral HPV infections, but the timeframe may be similar. Most people will not have any health problems related to HPV infection.

Thank you for this! It is absolutely imperative to pass along correct information.
I know in the case of women, those who have the 16 or 18 strain(2 of the strains for pre cancer), the first indicators will generally show up in their annual pap smear. Then depending upon your physician, your treatment program will be prescribed.
In the case of several young women I know who have had to go this route, it took one several years under the care of an oncologist prior to this finally "resolving" in her system and all pap smears returning to "normal". Others had to have minor surgical procedures and are still waiting to see if it it's cleared or not.

That's the weirdest start to a new thread I've ever seen
Perhaps, but it's probably one the most informative of the day and that's a good thing! High clap

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:01 am

Chacharo wrote:That's the weirdest start to a new thread I've ever seen. giggling

For the people who may have missed it, HPV and Lochte were being discussed in the previous thread. :shocked!:

LOL I :shocked!: this morning when I first went into this thread, but quickly realized that there must have been some type of convo that started it; just read back thru the other thread. Hugesmile

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:03 am

Kashathediva wrote:
Chacharo wrote:
Jeepers wrote:
IrishGal wrote:

How common is HPV?

Thank you for this! It is absolutely imperative to pass along correct information.
I know in the case of women, those who have the 16 or 18 strain(2 of the strains for pre cancer), the first indicators will generally show up in their annual pap smear. Then depending upon your physician, your treatment program will be prescribed.
In the case of several young women I know who have had to go this route, it took one several years under the care of an oncologist prior to this finally "resolving" in her system and all pap smears returning to "normal". Others had to have minor surgical procedures and are still waiting to see if it it's cleared or not.

That's the weirdest start to a new thread I've ever seen
Perhaps, but it's probably one the most informative of the day and that's a good thing! High clap

My gyn doctors have started testing for it (HPV) in conjunction with the annual Poke and Prod (PAP - my term for it); if the HPV test comes back negative they will not test for HPV again for five years; if it comes back positive then semi annual HPV tests are advised until either the virus is gone or there are changes that require surgical intervention.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by shoepie Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:35 am

Chacharo wrote:That's the weirdest start to a new thread I've ever seen. giggling

For the people who may have missed it, HPV and Lochte were being discussed in the previous thread. :shocked!:

Thanks! I was wondering! I have not been coming regularly. BB has taken over my life. Smiley Lochte has HPV? He is not bachelor material to say the least. He is like wet cardboard. I am sure this has been discussed. He is not going to make it in the entertainment field, no way.

I came here to find out who Roberto's new girlfriend is because it was mentioned in another thread. In time this will get on track and I will find out!
shoepie
shoepie

Female Posts : 2306

Back to top Go down

Post by Chacharo Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:56 am

shoepie wrote:

Thanks! I was wondering! I have not been coming regularly. BB has taken over my life. Smiley Lochte has HPV? He is not bachelor material to say the least. He is like wet cardboard. I am sure this has been discussed. He is not going to make it in the entertainment field, no way.

I came here to find out who Roberto's new girlfriend is because it was mentioned in another thread. In time this will get on track and I will find out!

Oh goodness, let's not start a rumor about Peeablo (Lochte) here. I have no clue what is contained in his medical records (I just posted a couple of times about HPV, which I might add that I sorta regret now since it started this thread), but I do know that he confessed to peeing in the pool. :shocked!:

I don't remember how the conversation started, but if you interested, it's in the last Bach 17 thread.

I think there are 2 differing opinions about who Roberto's GF is - one is a former contestant of Survivor and the other is a model. Chelsea(?) and Kate(?) - that's all I remember from that conversation in the old thread.

Anyhoooooo, I bet the new bachelor is going through psychological testing/counseling as we speak. Gotta get ready for the spotlight ya know. giggling

ETA: Here's the discussion from the old thread:

Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:37 pm

I think if he is chosen bachelor it will end the show. He would most likely hook up with as many women as possible and it would turn into one of those MTV type reality shows. I don't want it to become that. I really hope to see the love story at the end. Like JP& Ash Jef & Emily Courtney & Ben.. but if they want a season of crying girls, backstabbing and drama then he's their man!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chacharo Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:40 pm

goodgal wrote:I think if he is chosen bachelor it will end the show. He would most likely hook up with as many women as possible and it would turn into one of those MTV type reality shows. I don't want it to become that. I really hope to see the love story at the end. Like JP& Ash Jef & Emily Courtney & Ben.. but if they want a season of crying girls, backstabbing and drama then he's their man!

Well, Blob didn't take the show down and he did 4.5 or 5.5? giggling

I just don't find Peeablo attractive at all. Ok, maybe in his Speedo, but he can't wear that for an entire season, can he? :shocked!:
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by shoepie Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:42 pm

goodgal wrote:I think if he is chosen bachelor it will end the show. He would most likely hook up with as many women as possible and it would turn into one of those MTV type reality shows. I don't want it to become that. I really hope to see the love story at the end. Like JP& Ash Jef & Emily Courtney & Ben.. but if they want a season of crying girls, backstabbing and drama then he's their man!

I agree; it would be a disaster. Certainly they will not do this. The guy has zero charisma.

Thanks Chacharo. :)
shoepie
shoepie

Female Posts : 2306

Back to top Go down

Post by Chacharo Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:47 pm

shoepie wrote:
Thanks Chacharo. Smiley

You're welcome. I edited my post because it wasn't very clear about why we were discussing STD's. :Smiley:

I think Kasha is right - they should definitely be testing all contestants for HPV. I know they can test females now, just not sure about males. no idea
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 79 1, 2, 3 ... 40 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 17 - Speculation/Spoilers - Discussion

+110
stuckinsc
samcat409
pander3575
northernviewer
Jagfan