SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion

Post by Brill Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:45 pm

I sent a tweet to Tyler Harcourt, the host and he checked into it for me and said the ATFR will air on Nov 28th.

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion - Page 17 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion

Post by Aunties_Love Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:53 pm

momoftrips wrote:The Bachelor Canada blog: Brad Smith on Episode Five

It may only be Episode Five, but it’s already down to the final four for bachelor Brad Smith, which can only mean one thing: home visits. Starting off with Bianka’s Mississauga, Ontario homestead, Smith broke bread, charmed relatives and held babies at the parental homes of his perspective suitors getting familiar with the bachelorettes’ lives outside the Victoria, BC mansion. In this week’s Bachelor Canada blog, Smith discusses his past parental experiences, Bianka’s past relationships and how Whitney’s “intensity” spoke louder than her words.

You seem to be a natural with parents. What was your previous experience with meeting the families of your lady friends like and how did these compare?

I come from a really close family, and I take meeting someone’s family – especially a prospective girlfriend’s – really seriously. In the past, and even in this experience, I would never feel comfortable meeting someone’s parents if I didn’t feel confident that there was a strong connection between us. It was the same situation here, only this time, there were cameras!

How different were the ladies’ parents and families from what you expected?

I truly believe that a family contributes to who you become as a person, and since I had such amazing girls with me, I knew their families had to be just as special. To be very honest, what really struck me on all the hometown dates was how welcoming everyone was and how comfortable they made me feel. All the girls had different backgrounds, but every family made me feel included, and that meant a lot.

Bianka once again mentioned her past relationship with Kris Humphries. Did you get the feeling she still isn’t over that?

I knew Bianka had been hurt in the past, and that she was treated in a way that she didn’t deserve. But I also knew she was there for the right reasons and ready to move forward just by seeing how seriously she took the process. She called me out on things and asked hard questions when she needed to, and she has very strong opinions about what she’s looking for in a partner. That made her more attractive to me.

You seemed most at home with Kara’s family. Conversely, the dinner with Whitney’s parents seemed incredibly uncomfortable. Were both as they appeared to be and how important was either in your ultimate decision?

What you saw in the episode was very true to my experience. Kara’s family was amazing, but so were the other girls’ families. One of the things that really stood out on Whit’s hometown date was that her family was so expressive, and yet she couldn’t verbalize her feelings. Of course what happened on the hometown dates factored into my decisions at the rose ceremony, but I also had to think of the end point in this process and decide who I could see with me in the future.

After she went out of her way to get alone time with you, why do you feel Whitney is having trouble being honest with you about her emotions?

I understand that some people are slower to open up than others, and in Whit’s case, her intensity came across in her actions more than her words. Once she was able to reassure me that she could open up and reach that point in our relationship, I knew I needed more time with her.

What was it about Gabrielle that made you send her home this episode?

Gabby is an amazing girl who really came a long way in a very short time. She was always straight-forward and honest with me, but she also has a soft side. And while I had a great time with her, in the end, I felt I had a stronger connection with the other three girls. It was hard to see her go home, but I know I made the right decision.

http://o.canada.com/2012/10/31/the-bachelor-canada-blog-brad-smith-on-episode-five/

Obviously from that, he's more into Bianka and family than Whitney. Tides are turning for sure and think Bianka is on the gain, where as with Whitney, he's loosing interest. The FD's will be more evident of that.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:08 am

How/where can I watch episodes in the US? None of the links I find on-line work for me.
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1898

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:45 am

provenceguy wrote:How/where can I watch episodes in the US? None of the links I find on-line work for me.

Here you go. But, it's only to epi 5 from last time I looked. No HTD when I looked.

https://www.dailymotion.com/ATR2012

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:47 am

atem wrote:
provenceguy wrote:How/where can I watch episodes in the US? None of the links I find on-line work for me.

Here you go. But, it's only to epi 5 from last time I looked. No HTD when I looked.

There is HTD there now I noticed.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by provenceguy Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:50 am

atem wrote:

Thanks! I just looked at the preview for next week and will get caught up on the previous episodes later. Is it just me, or are those girls not particularly attractive?
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1898

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:31 am

provenceguy wrote:
atem wrote:

Thanks! I just looked at the preview for next week and will get caught up on the previous episodes later. Is it just me, or are those girls not particularly attractive?

I think they are pretty, but for Whitney. I think there are too many bad boob jobs.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:05 am

Aunties_Love wrote:
atem wrote:

There is HTD there now I noticed.

Yeah, I just saw that! That preview sure didn't really show much. hmmm May watch the HTD tomorrow.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:57 am

def noticed that Bianks seems to actually like Brad now.

Read an article that Gabi did and she said she was pretty much good with leaving that she and Brad realized they were just friends.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:59 am

atem wrote:
provenceguy wrote:
atem wrote:

I think they are pretty, but for Whitney. I think there are too many bad boob jobs.

I agree, Atem. Whitney has the worst boob job too!!!
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Bachelor Canada's women reunite
Bachelorettes return to Victoria for show's final tapings and to confront the man they all chased on reality TV

By Michael D. Reid, Times Colonist November 6, 2012 8:17 AM

The estrogen levels were off the charts at the Mary Winspear Centre, and the bachelorettes hadn't even shown up yet.

Three hundred female fans cheered, applauded and, at times, booed and hissed in the Charlie White Theatre during back-to-back tapings of two studio audience shows for Bachelor Canada that will air Nov. 14 and 28 on Citytv.

Women Tell All could have been called Bachelorettes Big Reunion, judging by the bubbly interaction among 16 bachelorettes who are contractually obligated to avoid contact with each other until after the series ends.

"What surprised me was seeing how friendly they are with each other," said Jennifer Merritt, who flew in from Calgary to accompany her sister, Western Living magazine editor Anicka Quinn, to the secret marathon tapings.

Viewers had to sign nondisclosure agreements before watching the women reflect on their experiences and confront bachelor Brad Smith again for the first time since Bachelor Canada wrapped two months of shooting at a luxury home on Bear Mountain.

Bachelor Canada is hosted by Canadian-born New York resident Tyler Harcott. The After the Final Rose segment focuses on the aftermath of Brad's romantic fate to be disclosed Nov. 21.

Suffice it to say, you can expect to see hugging hot-ties, surprise revelations, laughter, exchanges and tears so explosive one audience member could be overheard chanting, "Jerry! Jerry!," in reference to The Jerry Springer Show.

The multi-camera shoot was so slick you felt like you were at a studio taping in New York or Los Angeles.

It took place on a shiny black stage bookended by dramatic arches and featuring a circular white platform, its edges dotted with lit candles, where Harcott quizzed guests on white leather chairs. The bachelorettes faced the affable host from two rows of high white leather stools on a set that, with its mauve lighting and candles, seemed altar-like.

Four large stationary cameras, a roving mobile camera and a gliding crane camera captured the action. And, of course, there was a teleprompter, the butt of Harcott's humour when he occasionally flubbed his delivery.

The audience provided its own entertainment, as when some yelled, "We love you!" to a colourful bachelorette, and when some hungry and annoyed women, lobbying for a break, laughingly yelled "Hangry!" while attacking at a snack tray.

"Hmmm. I wonder if this lipstick is edible," said one.

The crowd responded enthusiastically when floor manager Stewart Lake signalled for reaction.

To cue a standing ovation, he invoked memories of Sidney Crosby scoring Team Canada's gold medal-winning goal.

"We can now move on to the 'shocked gasp,' " he deadpanned, before asking viewers to put hands to mouths.

"It's totally natural, right?" he said, smiling. "Welcome to reality TV."

Bachelor Brad said nervousness eclipsed his "feelings of déjà vu" being back in Victoria.

"I just wanted to go through the entire day to get to the zone of good vibes because, walking out for the girls this morning, I've never been that nervous," Smith admitted.

Bachelorette Ana, from Ottawa, says she feels at home in Victoria now.

"We visited that airport at all hours," she laughed.

"People feel they know you. I had a mom and her kid come up to me."

Kara, the softball-loving Delta grad student, had mixed emotions about coming back.

"I think a lot of the girls were a little worried about what was going to happen today but more excited to see each other," she said, smiling at Gabrielle, the no-nonsense Oakville, Ont., law student she befriended.

"You make friendships and these people are the closest to you. You're spending more time with them than with Brad," said Gabrielle. "You don't see that because you only see bits and pieces on the show because of the time."

Kara concurred. "I wasn't in love with Brad as much as I think they'd like to suggest," she said, grinning.

Chantelle, the virgin pastor from Sylvan Lake, Alta., said she looks forward to soon reconnecting with her new friends.

"We're on tight reins," said the fan favourite who was under tight security in her own hotel room.

Executive producer John Ritchie said it was a necessary condition to preserve the show's integrity.

"You don't want them all meeting and talking and having conversations you want to shoot," said Ritchie, adding a third of his 217 hires in Canada were from Victoria, with about 3,500 local hotel room nights booked.

Edmonton-based Laura B said she was happy she got to watch TV while in Sidney - in contrast to Bear Mountain, where they were denied access to television, computers, cellphones and communication with the outside world.

"We weren't even told what was going to happen today," she said.

Britany, the registered nurse from Swift Current, Sask., said all the girls knew that going in.

"You signed up for it," she said. "It's not a typical dating situation. It's like public online dating."

Harcott said he felt lucky to be able to catch the last flight out last week before Hurricane Sandy hit.

The lobby in his Battery Park apartment, rendered uninhabitable for a month, was flooded with contaminated water, and its electricity, heating and elevators didn't work.

"I'll figure something out. That's what New Yorkers do," said Harcott, who had plenty to distract him.

"It was weird coming back, knowing this journey is coming full circle," he said.

"It's a celebration but also a wake in a way.

There's a joy to it but also profound sadness. We'll never do a Season 1 of Bachelor Canada again.

That magic's in the can." Online: bachelorcanada.ca

http://www.calgaryherald.com/entertainment/Bachelor+Canada+women+reunite/7504341/story.html

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion - Page 17 2dhsaj4
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:06 pm

Air Canada Centre‏@LIVEatACC
@Stromo, @AdrianGrenier & Bachelor star @BradCSmith to participate in the celebrity mixed doubles portion of “Sport Chek Face-Off” Nov 16!

Jessica Lang‏@miss_JessLang
The Bachelor Canada's @BradCSmith will be in #Winnipeg at @OperaLoungeWpg on Thursday, Nov. 29th! Tix on-sale tmrw at http://www.soundrepublic.ca !

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion - Page 17 2dhsaj4
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion

+41
Mr&MrsSmith
tigertiz
Mirzam
provenceguy
ja1968