SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 1 August 4 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 1 August 4 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 1 August 4 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by MiaHawk Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:43 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:I have admired Lacy since her brief appearance on JPG's season.  Good elderly care is an issue near and dear to my heart.  I also think she is very beautiful.

I think her desire to not leave quickly again may have given an impression that isn't who she really is.  

I hope we see her apologize to Robert and then she her being able to be her true self as she grows more confident with Marcus.

I agree about Lacy! I posted similar thoughts on BIP General Discussion thread.

I am super late to the viewing party so wanted to add my snarky thoughts about episode 1 ...

Elise ... Woah Nelly! Thank you for my first laugh watching her wobble down those stairs. She's a bit cuckoo. Is she still a teacher? Yikes.

Ashlee ... And Double Yikes! I was not a fan during Sean's season as I was TeamCat+LindsayDesLeslie and I am still not a fan. That girl needs her own soap opera. I sure hope Graham isn't going to waste too much effort trying to figure out that ticking time bomb.

Clare ... Surprise surprise ... I was not a fan on JP's season but this goofy gal is growing on me. She's so darn tootin happy so I hope she sticks around. The scene with the raccoon was laugh out loud funny.

Sarah ... my ears hurt listening to her. So pretty yet so much whine.

Marquel, Marquel ... yummy as always. Boy this man has a beautiful smile.
Dylan ... nice haircut! I hope he puts his eggs into another basket quick cause based on previews ... not looking good with Elise.

Mean daddy from Des season ... still not interesting  

Spinning sign guy from Des season ... definitely more interesting

Finally ... GRAHAM/MICHELLE M. ... why are you on this cuckoo show? I hope the money was worth it!

Can't wait to see next week and what's up with crazy Michelle. Is that a producer she's hugging and Chris H eavesdropping? #Hilarious #trainwreck

If I was Daniella McBride, I'd be doing high fives all around for leaving early and STD free.

And....what'd you think of Marcus is episode 1?

I thought my strudel seemed a bit down and still hung up on Andi. (which is totally understandable given the timeline of the filming) He was very hands off with both Sarah on the date and Lacy in the ocean. You could have driven Oasis of the Seas through the space between Marcus and Lacy when she joined him in the ocean! I loved seeing that gap. I'm glad Marcus was being cautious and not just jumping into the physical stuff. (Note that twice the editing trid to imply that Marcus and Lacy were canoodling more than they were....with the "her legs are wrapped around him" VO and the very dark clip of Dylan and Elise thrown into Marcus and Lacy's ocean footage. Can't fool me, Mike Fleiss.

My thoughts on Lacy are mixed at this point. She was definitely trying very hard NOT to be sent home on night one, but was she trying too hard? I think Robert's feelings will be hurt by Lacy's affections towards Marcus next episode, but in the article interview of Graham and Robert, they both had really nice things to say about Marcus, so I don't think Robert holds a grudge. I mean, who could hold a grudge against Marcus? He's so sweet and considerate, but he ain't no door mat. Glad to see him give Lacy the rose and pursue someone he has an interest in. If only to get over Andi (at least) and to find someone special (at best).
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 1 August 4 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 1 August 4 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by 2observe Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:10 pm

lexforlife wrote:What is this 80/40? I haven't watched the show yet but I'm curious about it?
I think Lacy meant that Marcus was 80% of a 100 but Robert was only 40% of 100, but not the same 100.  :yes: 
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:27 pm

2observe wrote:
lexforlife wrote:What is this 80/40? I haven't watched the show yet but I'm curious about it?
I think Lacy meant that Marcus was 80% of a 100 but Robert was only 40% of 100, but not the same 100.  :yes: 

That's hillarious!!! laugh out loud Good explanation!

2hsamnitt

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71486

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:57 am

A few of my favorite screencaps from Epi 1:

Dylan shares his bodily fluids

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 1 August 4 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 22 10524742_520181304780789_9156264603017532433_n

Back to the 60's Bouffant:

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 1 August 4 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 22 10533490_520180904780829_6211715356547115054_n

Oh yeah. Graham the man in a Ray-Ban:

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 1 August 4 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 22 10373618_520181504780769_9211995399156038440_n

The cray claws come out after like 3 seconds:

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 1 August 4 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 22 10505306_520181148114138_6514895300011164853_n

Love me some Marquel and Michelle:

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 1 August 4 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 22 10410504_520181094780810_9074377755761403828_n

The ever attentive resident therapist:

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 1 August 4 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 22 10557386_520181574780762_683653008272149744_n
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:10 am

Love them Bee!!! Lacy looks plain old creepy there!!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:29 pm

Just watched it. Was more entertaining then I thought! Not surprised Ashlee is still the same person. Daniella's ITM's were priceless! Wasn't a fan of Claire's during her season, but she is better off now and acting more mature about the whole thing then Ashlee. Marcus & Marquel need to stay on as long as possible for the eye candy.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 1 August 4 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 22 1f49c

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 1 August 4 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 22 8367-910 Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 1 August 4 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 22 I_got_13 Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 1 August 4 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 22 E5kqdm15 Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 1 August 4 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 22 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:57 pm

i guess i am in the minority with sarah because she is my favorite girl so far. I can relate to her so much since we both feel the same way. her thoughts that guys won't like her because of her missing arm and me thinking guys won't like me since I'm a so short (I'm 4'9). She is gorgeous and if guys can't see past the arm than that is their problem. I can relate to her negative thoughts since i am the same exact way.

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:47 pm

gatorfan1987 wrote:i guess i am in the minority with sarah because she is my favorite girl so far. I can relate to her so much since we both feel the same way. her thoughts that guys won't like her because of her missing arm and me thinking guys won't like me since I'm a so short (I'm 4'9). She is gorgeous and if guys can't see past the arm than that is their problem. I can relate to her negative thoughts since i am the same exact way.

Gatorfan, here is my opinion on what I see from Sarah.

I assume that some of Sarah's self consciousness is due to her missing an arm. Growing up with an obvious physical difference, I'm sure, has a a huge impact on Sarah's life, I'm sure it has affected her self image and self confidence. There are many people who can relate to that sort of experience. It might be due to height, weight, hair color, birth marks, etc etc. While it is easy for somebody else to make comments like: "it doesn't matter", "just stay positive", or "the right person will see past that to the true you", we all know that our actual experiences shape that inner voice inside of heads. That voice makes us doubt our worthiness or desirability. Every time we feel rejection or are made to feel "different" or "less than" we are affected by it. That voice grows louder and more powerful. I don't fault Sarah or anyone else for struggling with that sort of thing. I don't fault Sarah for feeling like the shy girl, the outsider, or the unpopular one. And whether or not those descriptions are true or not, those are her self perceptions.

Now, IMO, being shy is not a bad thing, but it can make certain social situations more challenging. It is something that can be worked at, and the older she becomes and the more life experiences she gets under her belt, the more easily she will handle certain social situations. If it's true shyness. If it's low self esteem, then she will need to find a way to work on that, because it will continue to hold her back. Being an outsider or different from the others can be an initial barrier to what I refer to as the Stage 1 of getting to know new people. People naturally gravitate towards people with whom they have things in common. It's easier. It's lazier. Sarah's arm may be a perceived difference to some, but I bet a lot more people see right past that more quickly than she thinks. Those people then move on to Stage 2, getting to know her on a personality level. Sarah may not feel like one of the popular girls, but most of the time I find that "popular" is just another word for "hot mess". I've never aspired to be a hot mess. So, I think it's stupid to aspire to be popular based on your behavior. Have people like you for who you really are, on an individual basis, that's what's rewarding in life.

What I find annoying about Sarah are her voice and her attitude. Her voice is God-given, but it is nasally and whiny. Not the easiest thing to listen to. But, that's small potatoes compared to her attitude. I do not like somebody who feels like she doesn't get a fair chance in life because she is pre-judged but feels it is okay to go ahead and make mean or hurtful comments about others. She wasn't only mean, but she was also dishonest, in her remarks about Lacy in the ocean. Lacy was not skinny dipping. (There was another thing she said, but I can't remember it right now). And if I am not mistaken (and if I am mistaken somebody will immediately correct me), Sarah was somebody who partook in SM talk about Drew K's sexual persuasion during Des' season. I thought that was really insensitive. So, it's not Sarah's shyness or timidness (perceived to be due to her missing arm) that I do not care for, it is actually part of her personality and attitude that I do not appreciate. Is she a terrible person? No, not terrible. Is she a bad person? No, not bad. Is she annoying or misguided at times? Yeah, I think so. JMHO.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:10 am

:yes: 
happygirl77us wrote:So Marcus and Lacy are now engaged? They seem like polar opposites

I don't think the Marcus/Lacy connection is a match made in heaven. It's too soon after being in love with Andi to become engaged....to anyone. I think Marcus is really a catch and deserves a sweet girl. I'm not all that crazy about Lacy in this episode. She seems kind of ditzy and was kind of mean to Robert. Love looking at Marcus....does it get any hotter?... but I wish he hadn't done this show.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:22 am

Linds911 wrote:Just watched it. Was more entertaining then I thought! Not surprised Ashlee is still the same person. Daniella's ITM's were priceless! Wasn't a fan of Claire's during her season, but she is better off now and acting more mature about the whole thing then Ashlee. Marcus & Marquel need to stay on as long as possible for the eye candy.

It's funny that two of her "exes" called her out for being clingy/crazy (Michael Garafola and Sean Lowe) on SM.

i guess i am in the minority with sarah because she is my favorite girl so far. I can relate to her so much since we both feel the same way. her thoughts that guys won't like her because of her missing arm and me thinking guys won't like me since I'm a so short (I'm 4'9). She is gorgeous and if guys can't see past the arm than that is their problem. I can relate to her negative thoughts since i am the same exact way.

I like her too! She's not perfect (a little judgmental), but she's the girl I relate with the most. I can definitely understand why she would feel a bit left out and intimidated in that setting. Plus, a poster (chloep, I think) said that she was very well liked by everyone in the BIP house so I doubt she meant any harm.

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:36 am

Yes. Sarah was/is very well liked by the rest of the cast. I've been told she was pretty much the only reason they left Ashlee alone.... (well, more like let her cray-cray behavior slide...mostly..)

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:40 am

chloep wrote:Yes. Sarah was/is very well liked by the rest of the cast. I've been told she was pretty much the only reason  they left Ashlee alone.... (well, more like let her cray-cray behavior slide...mostly..)

Maybe that's not a good thing.  hmmm 

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15332

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - Episode 1 August 4 2014 - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

+46
Linds911
Beeleever
MVMom39forever
Nonina430
dw_a_mom
atem
nuts2uiam
Lucas15
isittrue
notarose
ironcat