SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Page 41 of 79 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 41 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by atem Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:06 am

stuckinsc wrote:So I am not watching this show, but is this Alex McCord from RHONY?

I guess so. She's been doing great re-caps. Hope you give it a try. It's good.
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers** - Page 41 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

Post by atem Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:11 am

2observe wrote:IMO, Monet and Vaughn made two mistakes.  The first one was focusing more on physical compatibility before determine emotional compatibility.  The second was not getting an apartment together.  They both are still in the me, my & I stage instead on the we, ours and us stage.  I actually believe they could make at great marriage once they are able merge their lives together. They continue to talk about and through things, and that a huge plus.

I knew when Vaughn said he was willing to 'compromise' he would still be bitter about moving from his apartment to hers.
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:46 am

stuckinsc wrote:So I am not watching this show, but is this Alex McCord from RHONY?
 :yes: 
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:50 am

atem wrote:
2observe wrote:IMO, Monet and Vaughn made two mistakes.  The first one was focusing more on physical compatibility before determine emotional compatibility.  The second was not getting an apartment together.  They both are still in the me, my & I stage instead on the we, ours and us stage.  I actually believe they could make at great marriage once they are able merge their lives together. They continue to talk about and through things, and that a huge plus.

I knew when Vaughn said he was willing to 'compromise' he would still be bitter about moving from his apartment to hers.  
ITA
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:07 pm

As much as Monet and Vaughn are my least favorite of the 3 couples to follow, and certainly appear to have the most problems (and are making the biggest mistakes) in their relationship, I have to give them a little bit of a break because, as the oldest participants in this, I think they started at a bigger disadvantage than the other couples did. They both seem to have their lives, living situations and careers more established, and as such, it's harder to just merge them instantaneously, as this experiment demands. I think there's a reason that arranged marriages were always made when either one or both parties were very young, oftentimes still living with their parents. It's easier to be flexible as to lifestyle when you haven't had that much (or any) time to establish your own parameters.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:49 pm

ironcat wrote:As much as Monet and Vaughn are my least favorite of the 3 couples to follow, and certainly appear to have the most problems (and are making the biggest mistakes) in their relationship, I have to give them a little bit of a break because, as the oldest participants in this, I think they started at a bigger disadvantage than the other couples did.  They both seem to have their lives, living situations and careers more established, and as such, it's harder to just merge them instantaneously, as this experiment demands.  I think there's a reason that arranged marriages were always made when either one or both parties were very young, oftentimes still living with their parents.  It's easier to be flexible as to lifestyle when you haven't had that much (or any) time to establish your own parameters.
This is sooo true.  It definitely works best before each person becomes so set in their ways.
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:23 pm

My husband and I spent a LOT of time transitioning our lives into one, largely because we were both older and set in our ways. 5 weeks is not nearly enough time; so much pressure would have sent us both running for the hills.

Perhaps that is why things are so explosive with Vaughn and Monet; they can't integrate on the time table they need to, and that causes a lot of stress in them both. No one is their best when stressed.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:02 pm

atem wrote:

I guess so.  She's been doing great re-caps.  Hope you give it a try.  It's good.

I will probably try it after February. Dissertation should be complete by the end of February or I have to die trying.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:46 pm

As an observer, one would think that Monet and Vaughn would have thought more about adjustments they would have to make before getting involved with MAFS. Apparently they didn't.
I don't think this is an issue of age, or being set in their ways. I think it's more about 2 people who just may not have been looking at the big picture and editing has not been kind. They have definitely not liked they way they've been portrayed on the show, which has been indicated in their tweets. But that does not give them a "pass". They have problem, they both are passionate and like fireworks. The way they've approached things has not been commendable or I think we would have seen more of that.
Just sayin'

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Monet doesn't appear to want Vaughn to disrupt her lifestyle at all.  Dr. Pepper pointed out that Monet did not incorporate things of Vaughn in with her things in the apartment.  That is why I mentioned earlier that it was a mistake that they didn't get an apartment together, instead of one moving in with the other.  I really would have like to have seen if Vaughn would have made the effort to include Monet's things in his decor.
2observe
2observe

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:47 pm

Just watched the last episode - I swear Courtney and Jason are the cutest! I am so impressed with her maturity. I truly hope Jamie has benefitted from being part of this project. She is so lovely that you just want her to have a happily-ever-after ending. Doug was a great pick for her. I just don't know what to say about Monet and Vaughn - I think they both must have specified someone with a VERY STRONG sex drive as that seems to be the glue for them at this point in their relationship.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5316

Back to top Go down

Post by amundefined2 Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:29 am

"Doug and Jamie made me want to visit St. Thomas. Talk about some fun activities."

First time poster here ...got to this forum because I'm obsessed with Andi and Josh...thought I was the only one. Anywho, I like this show as well. Doug and Jamie really had the best honeymoon...that's my hometown. I've always had the feeling that they will make it. I hope that Jason and Courtney make it. I love them. It's always exciting to see sights/spots (like the hotel they stayed at, taking the rail to the top of the hill, etc) that you know so well. Monet and Vaughn had a good one as well. Puerto Rico is about a 30 minute plane ride away, very beautiful and lots to do. There are lots of old spanish colonial buildings. Monet and Vaughn, I don't know how they were paired. They both seem selfish.
amundefined2
amundefined2

Female Posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 79 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - General Discussion - **Spoilers**

+68
crazychicken
raekae
RollingEyes
mom22boys
moonpie