SELECT CONTENT

NHL - NBA - MLB - Regular Season Games - Playoffs

Page 80 of 81 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NHL - NBA - MLB - Regular Season Games - Playoffs - Page 80 Empty Re: NHL - NBA - MLB - Regular Season Games - Playoffs

Post by stuckinsc Thu May 26, 2016 10:18 am

Okay, a little basketball here. Oklahoma City and Golden State play game five tonight. OKC is up 3-1 in the series, amazing they could eliminate the defending champs and for many just a month ago the presumptive repeat champions.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

NHL - NBA - MLB - Regular Season Games - Playoffs - Page 80 Empty Re: NHL - NBA - MLB - Regular Season Games - Playoffs

Post by GuardianAngel Thu May 26, 2016 10:21 am

Oh wow, I love those types of games. May the best team win!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71486

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Thu May 26, 2016 10:48 am

Linds911 wrote:^ Congrats @Mustang19!! You know I'm not a fan of them since they have been Kings rivals for awhile now laugh out loud but seeing how much we enjoyed it 4 years ago for the first time, and 2 years ago, then i think it's ok if they get it this year to experience it and then we take it back Hugesmile

4 more wins and then NHL - NBA - MLB - Regular Season Games - Playoffs - Page 80 31520324

Thanks, Linds!! I know we feel the same, but it's only a rivalry because there is respect for the opponent. Kings are a talented, tough team and playing Jonathan Quick always gives me anxiety!! I really think if the goalie is "in the zone" and stealing games, you can't lose. We now have Quick's back up in Martin Jones. My opinion, he is good, but haven't seen him be "in the zone" yet, and he wasn't really tested too much with any really hard saves. One knock the Sharks have lived with for years is that they choke in the playoffs (remember two years ago!) The Blues have the same knock against them. I thought they both played great this series and neither choked. I thought the Blues just didn't have enough gas left, going two game 7's in their previous two series.

I'm happy for our veterans, two of who have never been to the finals (Thornton and Marleau) and would be beyond thrilled if they take the whole thing. On the flip side, sad to think there are only 7 possible games left before the season is over.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Thu May 26, 2016 5:47 pm

Ah yes I remember 2 years ago very well! I still watch that Game 7 on YT every so often laugh out loud

I agree Jones hasn't really had tough saves to make because the team has been so good in front of him. Good for them!

As for basketball, my dad and I were watching some of last nights game during hockey intermission and my goodness the score was like 33 or so points up in like the 3rd quarter! How do you even have a chance to catch up!?

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  NHL - NBA - MLB - Regular Season Games - Playoffs - Page 80 1f49c

NHL - NBA - MLB - Regular Season Games - Playoffs - Page 80 8367-910 NHL - NBA - MLB - Regular Season Games - Playoffs - Page 80 I_got_13 NHL - NBA - MLB - Regular Season Games - Playoffs - Page 80 E5kqdm15 NHL - NBA - MLB - Regular Season Games - Playoffs - Page 80 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11976

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu May 26, 2016 5:59 pm

@Lind911 Cleveland was expected to sweep Toronto. Cleveland's players are better players. Toronto's heart had them in the series. I think last night Cleveland's players actually decided to give a darn. Toronto wasn't even supposed to beat Atlanta their previous round opponent. They are truly playing at a level above what their resumes' say they should be able to do. Makes me happy for Canada and for less popular NBA destination cities.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Thu May 26, 2016 6:06 pm

Ah ok. As you can see I'm clueless on basketball laugh out loud but good luck to Toronto!

No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  NHL - NBA - MLB - Regular Season Games - Playoffs - Page 80 1f49c

NHL - NBA - MLB - Regular Season Games - Playoffs - Page 80 8367-910 NHL - NBA - MLB - Regular Season Games - Playoffs - Page 80 I_got_13 NHL - NBA - MLB - Regular Season Games - Playoffs - Page 80 E5kqdm15 NHL - NBA - MLB - Regular Season Games - Playoffs - Page 80 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Thu May 26, 2016 6:23 pm

I'm not much of a basketball person either. I just know the Warriors because they are from my area and they are in the playoffs too, although not doing too well. I was just hoping (selfishly) that the Bay Area sports teams would all win. Warriors and Giants won last year and hopefully the Sharks will too. Now, the 49ers... that's another story. cantstopl
Mustang19
Mustang19

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu May 26, 2016 6:32 pm

@Mustang19 I am a huge Steve Kerr fan and think Steph Curry is a great player and role model. I was so happy they won last year. Kevin Durant, one of the two OKC stars is a Texas Longhorn, so I would love to see him get a chance to win. 

My ex-husband interned for almost two years with the San Antonio Spurs, I grew up a casual Celtics fan, but I had to learn to love the game then or be bored out of my mind. So I learned.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Thu May 26, 2016 6:49 pm

The Warriors seem to have a powerhouse team the last couple of years. Steph Curry (and daughter Riley) are very big around here. Curry's family are very involved in the community and great role models. I know a lot of players give of their time, but the Curry's genuinely seem to be a very wholesome, down to earth family and just good people. I think he just won some award and was given a SUV. He donated it to a shelter, I think for disadvantages kids to be able to get to an from job interviews.

The only other team I minimally watched was the Lakers. My kids played travel hockey and we played in LA many times each season. I feel like LA was my second home, so always saw info about them on TV. They had a dynasty going there for a while.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu May 26, 2016 6:56 pm

Steph won the first ever unanimous MVP for the NBA. It was a really big deal, as great players like Kareem, Magic, Larry Bird and even Michael Jordan were never unanimous winners of the award.

It is awesome that he gave away the SUV. That is just the kind of amazing person he is. He reminds me of David Robinson in his moral character without being quite so preachy and awkward about it. His whole family are great people, he went to Davidson a smaller liberal arts school in North Carolina and their whole alumni are huge fans, so I have been getting Steph updates since 2008.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Thu May 26, 2016 6:57 pm

Yeah you'd think I would be because both Lakers and Clippers are here playing in the same arena as the Kings but nah! I think the only game I've watched in full was Kobe's last game.

Linds911
Linds911

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu May 26, 2016 7:03 pm

BTW growing up a Celtics fan may I say boo Lakers suck. Thank you. I needed to get that out of my system.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 80 of 81 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

NHL - NBA - MLB - Regular Season Games - Playoffs

+27
bluwavz
rhondam
soccermom333
nikikass
bleuberry