SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 21 of 80 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 50 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by vivi2 Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:14 pm

^^
I respect your opinion, mustang.

As for me, I wish everyone here would get along.

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by eliza3 Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:12 am

So I have been following this thread for the last few days because for several months I have wondered if there were others who feel as I do. I'm still unsure. But I feel I want to put MY THOUGHTS - my personal opinions - out there. You don't have to agree, you can hate whatever I say, but I really want to say this.

I was a HUGE Sean and Cat fan until they appeared on ATFR for Juan Pablo's season. I am not a huge fan of JPa but really like Nikki. Having said that, my personal opinion was that Sean and Cat totally bashed Juan Pablo. What bothered me is that they know how the process works, how much pressure is put on the lead/F1 and F2 and how the producers play games with their heads. The edit is uncontrollable - but is totally understand by the people involved. I'm not saying Juan Pa was right…but I am saying that Sean and Cat - again to me - were following the "party line" I lost respect for them that day….the comment (and I am paraphrasing) "don't bite the hand the feeds you" spoke volumes to me. Indeed they are making a living off of their success and there is nothing wrong with that, if that is the way you want to play the game. I BELIEVE that TPTB continue to throw them bones like the Emmy, etc because they "do as they are told" instead of doing as they feel is right. Hence the reason I have lost respect. They promoted their virginity at their wedding, which to me is a private moment between two people. They allowed TPTB to "cheapen" that with all of the "grown sexy" nonsense. Was a TV wedding and the network paying for it worth it? To me NO….but again that is my opinion. Their "honeymoon Cam" (and again I have forgotten the exact words they used for that) was cheap and disgusting. All of this speaks to me about their willing to allow TPTB to run their lives and tell them what to do. Hence the lost of respect.

Sean and Cat - again I FEEL - are still relevant because they have played the game. Good for them if they think that is ok. But not for me
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:30 am

was a huge fan of sean from emily's season onwards...catherine is cute tho i'm not a huge fangirl just find her cute... I found some of their choices/opinions about people who came on the show after them judgemental and not very compassionate.... and that's the main thing I'd dock them on...my fave previous lead/winner that handle these things in an exemplary way imo are Ash and JP and Jillian -- they never cast judgement and are very empathetic to the lead -- such a breath of fresh air and positivity...des does this as well. I'm not saying people shouldn't have opinions...it's just to state them in context of understanding what this show does to people...that would be nice...
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:34 am

eliza3 wrote:So I have been following this thread for the last few days because for several months I have wondered if there were others who feel as I do.  I'm still unsure.  But I feel I want to put MY THOUGHTS - my personal opinions - out there.  You don't have to agree, you can hate whatever I say, but I really want to say this.

I was a HUGE Sean and Cat fan until they appeared on ATFR for Juan Pablo's season.  I am not a huge fan of JPa but really like Nikki.   Having said that, my personal opinion was that Sean and Cat totally bashed Juan Pablo.  What bothered me is that they know how the process works, how much pressure is put on the lead/F1 and F2 and how the producers play games with their heads. The edit is uncontrollable - but is totally understand by the people involved.   I'm not saying Juan Pa was right…but I am saying that Sean and Cat - again to me - were following the "party line"   I lost respect for them that day….the comment (and I am paraphrasing) "don't bite the hand the feeds you" spoke volumes to me.  Indeed they are making a living off of their success and there is nothing wrong with that, if that is the way you want to play the game.  I BELIEVE that TPTB continue to throw them bones like the Emmy, etc because they "do as they are told" instead of doing as they feel is right.    Hence the reason I have lost respect.   They promoted their virginity at their wedding, which to me is a private moment between two people.  They allowed TPTB to "cheapen" that with all of the "grown sexy" nonsense.  Was a TV wedding and the network paying for it worth it?  To me NO….but again that is my opinion.  Their "honeymoon  Cam" (and again I have forgotten the exact words they used for that) was cheap and disgusting.  All of this speaks to me about their willing to allow TPTB to run their lives and tell them what to do.  Hence the lost of respect.

Sean and Cat  - again I FEEL - are still relevant because they have played the game.  Good for them if they think that is ok.   But not for me

One thing that I've learned from Andi&Nick's saga that will serve me well in the future is this: If the same ol', same ol' have been discussed like 1,000,000 X already then Vivi (me) should stay the heck out of it.

Reading through your post, eliza. All I see is SeanCat&Jpa's saga = same ol' same ol'. So a wiser Vivi (me) will stay the heck out of it! The same with SC's wedding...

If you still really really really want to hear MHO then I'll be here tonight, as I have a business meeting today.

Have a great day eliza! :cutesmile!:

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:19 pm

vivi2 wrote:
eliza3 wrote:So I have been following this thread for the last few days because for several months I have wondered if there were others who feel as I do.  I'm still unsure.  But I feel I want to put MY THOUGHTS - my personal opinions - out there.  You don't have to agree, you can hate whatever I say, but I really want to say this.

I was a HUGE Sean and Cat fan until they appeared on ATFR for Juan Pablo's season.  I am not a huge fan of JPa but really like Nikki.   Having said that, my personal opinion was that Sean and Cat totally bashed Juan Pablo.  What bothered me is that they know how the process works, how much pressure is put on the lead/F1 and F2 and how the producers play games with their heads. The edit is uncontrollable - but is totally understand by the people involved.   I'm not saying Juan Pa was right…but I am saying that Sean and Cat - again to me - were following the "party line"   I lost respect for them that day….the comment (and I am paraphrasing) "don't bite the hand the feeds you" spoke volumes to me.  Indeed they are making a living off of their success and there is nothing wrong with that, if that is the way you want to play the game.  I BELIEVE that TPTB continue to throw them bones like the Emmy, etc because they "do as they are told" instead of doing as they feel is right.    Hence the reason I have lost respect.   They promoted their virginity at their wedding, which to me is a private moment between two people.  They allowed TPTB to "cheapen" that with all of the "grown sexy" nonsense.  Was a TV wedding and the network paying for it worth it?  To me NO….but again that is my opinion.  Their "honeymoon  Cam" (and again I have forgotten the exact words they used for that) was cheap and disgusting.  All of this speaks to me about their willing to allow TPTB to run their lives and tell them what to do.  Hence the lost of respect.

Sean and Cat  - again I FEEL - are still relevant because they have played the game.  Good for them if they think that is ok.   But not for me

One thing that I've learned from Andi&Nick's saga that will serve me well in the future is this:  If the same ol', same ol' have been discussed like 1,000,000 X already then Vivi (me) should stay the heck out of it.

Reading through your post, eliza. All I see is SeanCat&Jpa's saga = same ol' same ol'. So a wiser Vivi (me) will stay the heck out of it! The same with SC's wedding...

If you still really really really want to hear MHO then I'll be here tonight,  as I have a business meeting today.

Have a great day eliza! :cutesmile!:

I have no need to discuss this "same ol' same ol'".  I was simply expressing my opinion - nothing more.

Last edited by eliza3 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:38 pm

This may be the wrong thread, so I apologize in advance.

Did any of you listen to the Jason and Molly podcast after BIP finale aired? I found it interesting that Jason & Molly and Des & Chris all went to dinner together, but Sean and Cat did their own thing.

Also, Jason & Molly said something about imagining a Bachelor franchise show where all of the past couples came back on, and they went on to say that there'd be lots of arguments (amongst the couples) and they "knew" who those doing the arguing would be.

Perhaps the 2 tidbits of info (above) have nothing to do with one another, but in my mind I connected the two. Meaning, I jumped to the conclusion that perhaps Sean & Cat aren't that sociable with the other couples. I know for myself personally, if DH & I were on a few day vacation to Mexico with friends or even coworkers we'd probably make plans to get together and go out to eat all together. Not sure how many days they all were in Mexico, so perhaps the group dinner was on a previous night?

Also, it really got my curiosity when they hinted at certain people (couples) arguing with others. makes me wonder who rubs who the wrong way and why.

Like I said, may be the wrong thread. Sorry. But my spidey senses tell me it might be Sean & Cat that don't always play nice with others. And I like them well enough, so this is not dig, just a curiosity on my part.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

^^ I believe this was discussed in another thread, but some possible reasons why SC didn't hang with the other two couples that often while in Mexico:

They flew in just the day before, bc of busy schedule. The other two couples arrived earlier.
They've been apart for a while before that.
They were celebrating their 6th month anniversary.
Des/Chris and Molly/Jason are very close(living in Seattle). Maybe they didn't want to be the 5th(and the 6th laugh out loud) wheel.
[Maybe there is also some underlying weirdness with Des/Chris..... I mean Des even said that she would have accepted Sean's proposal [in her Post-Bette Press Tour] and she was the one who took the rejection the worst on Sean's season(begging him to change his mind, saying he is making a mistake and will regret it, etc.. Obviously, both couples are very happy with their respective partners now('duh), but sometimes the weirdness still lingers.... no idea]

Correct me if I am wrong, but Molly, Trista and Ashley were absolutely gushing about Sean and Cat after they spent some time together for some TB specials... Cat even did some (freelance)designing for Jason(for his socket company). Certainly nothing that makes me think that they "aren't playing nice" with others... (Especially, bc I think there has yet to be a Bach alum(they met) who doesn't speak highly of them.)
But that's just me. 2cents

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:10 pm

I caught that too about the couples BiP and that one of them would basically be drama. 

I think Sean and Catherine were celebrating some anniversary or something on the side at filming,  but I don't think they would've gone to dinner with them anyway. 

There was a group dinner after JP's finale that had Des, Chris, and Brooks at the same table laugh out loud I just think they all have their mini cliques and tend to hang out more often. The Seattlelites are understandably close because they see each other regularly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:12 pm

chloep wrote:^^ I believe this was discussed in another thread, but some possible reasons why SC didn't hang with the other two couples that often while in Mexico:

They flew in just the day before, bc of busy schedule. The other two couples arrived earlier.
They've been apart for a while before that.
They were celebrating their 6th month anniversary.
Des/Chris and Molly/Jason are very close(living in Seattle). Maybe they didn't want to be the 5th(and the 6th laugh out loud) wheel.
[Maybe there is also some underlying weirdness with Des/Chris..... I mean Des even said that she would have accepted Sean's proposal [in her Post-Bette Press Tour] and she was the one who took the rejection the worst on Sean's season(begging him to change his mind, saying he is making a mistake and will regret it, etc.. Obviously, both couples are very happy with their respective partners now('duh), but sometimes the weirdness still lingers.... no idea]

Correct me if I am wrong, but Molly, Trista and Ashley were absolutely gushing about Sean and Cat after they spent some time together for some TB specials... Cat even did some (freelance)designing for Jason(for his socket company). Certainly nothing that makes me think that they "aren't playing nice" with others... (Especially, bc I think there has yet to be a Bach alum(they met) who doesn't speak highly of them.)
But that's just me. 2cents

Yeah, I am certainly NO expert when it comes to these couples as I do not follow any of them outside of this board. That is why I stated that I was probably jumping to conclusions. I wasn't sure of the travel details for Mexico BIP trip either, but I knew somebody here could set me straight on that. All 3 of the couples that went to BIP seem like likeable people, to me. I definitely wasn't try to speak poorly of Sean & Cat. But, I do admit that Jason and Molly's podcast got me curious.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:13 pm

See, I am not a fan of Jason and Molly. I like that he did go back and pick her, but often I find them a little pompous and know it all ish. I thought Jason was one of the worst famewhores ever of this show. I skipped his season until the HTDs because I found him so annoying and poor me on DeAnna's season. His whole "single" dad schtick annoyed me as Ty's mom was very much a part of his life.

Anytime you have enough couples or individuals come out of something, then you will have tension between at least some.

I overall like SeanCat. I don't follow them anymore, as I too found them to be a little too much at the JPG AFTR. I will say that Sean dishes out the sarcasm well and I thought he didn't take it well with JPG, but when he invited Nick to blog and Nick called him on some of his sarcasm he seemed to accept it well.

I believe Sean and Cat were brought on to JPG's AFTR to give a smack down to JPG, I wish they wouldn't have, but they did. I thought it was a poor choice, but overall, they are still both good and fun people.

I actually found them very mellow on the BiP finale and if anything I found Jason and Molly to be the pushy slightly overbearing do it our way couple.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:17 pm

Interesting. I find it odd that they wouldn't have dinner with the others and I like all of them. Not buying they hadn't seen each other. It's kind of a diss to the others don't you think? Cat's from Seattle so you'd think she'd want to get together with them.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15332

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:23 pm

albean99 wrote:Interesting. I find it odd that they wouldn't have dinner with the others and I like all of them. Not buying they hadn't seen each other. It's kind of a diss to the others don't you think? Cat's from Seattle so you'd think she'd want to get together with them.

I don't know. Sean and Cat both looked very tired to me. Also while Cat is from Seattle, I have never heard of her really hanging out with Jason and Molly at all.

It may just be me, but to me, Jason and Molly act as if they should be treated as the wise elders and that may not be something that everyone is happy to do.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 80 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 50 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie