SELECT CONTENT

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions

Page 1 of 67 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions Empty *No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions

Post by nd4reality Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Please use this thread for any Edit Discussions.

Team #[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions Empty Re: *No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions

Post by JBF Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:01 pm

nd4reality wrote:I created 2 additional threads in the unspoiled section for Edit and SCs Discussions.

JBF could you copy some of your insightful posts across to the Edit side so that we can use them as reference at convenience ?

Okey dokey... *chuckle chuckle*

I'll just fuss with this one first... with a correction or two.

Oh… what the heck. I’ll dump a “little” recap here. Not sure how many posts I’ll manage this season.

Maybe we can add a “non spoiler” Edit Thread for both the Spoiled and Un-spoiled. It would be fun to once again Guess F1 by what we see on screen… since that is how a cluster of us realized Reality Steve goofed by the time episode #5 aired.

Not that we can “expect” any one kind of outcome. Jason Mesnick was a single dad looking for L-U-V just like Juan Pabloooo… and his season had a good surprise at the end. It tickles me how many of his old video clips have suddenly vanished from youtube during the last few months. “Copyright” reasons no doubt are the cause. Yet enough other seasons are well represented there. Uh hmmm. I just wonder what The Fleismeister is up to.

At least Juan Pablooo’s family reminded him how much they wuv him… just in case “All Of America” has something else to say.

First up…

The pre-show "countdown special" on Sunday night... a few odds and ends that stood out.

First: the Gia tribute. It was well done. It did acknowledge the tragedy of the situation (with her mom speaking) but didn't dwell on it. Basically the "in memoriam" was much like those done at Oscar time and on the TCM network for beloved stars like Joan Fontane and Peter O'Toole. Much emphasis was on how many she touched. Even in one video montage, Vienna looked happy with her… and that was no easy feat.

If Juan did choose somebody, I have a good "vibe" she was shown during the interview process. I can't specify what makes me think that, apart from the fact that they would want viewers "teased" by watching Juan with his family and doing a bit of pre-show testing of the candidates on their own to determine which lady looks like a "good fit".

Poor Elise… not sure what the producers think of her. Chris Harrison acted like he was visiting the Bates Motel to give her a rose of invitation. She is a sweet gal and her house quite average looking.

I have no idea why Juan’s sister announcing her pregnancy had to be aired for "all of America" to hear about, but I guess this family has no qualms about showcasing such things. Then again, maybe the editors included it because it relates to this season’s storyline. (So far, only Clare is “on the nest”… and we are under the impression it was just a limo gag.) All-telling Juan was quite happy to give us details upon details about his daughter’s birth, naming the hospital and almost supplying the sonogram. No mention of her mom’s part in the delivery, but he did make up for it on Monday’s show discussing his good relationship with her that simply-didn’t-work-out-longterm.

OK… on to the main show Monday night…

One thing I find most amusing about watching Juan and his “advisor” Sean Lowe together is how completely different in a Mutt-and-Jeff way they look with the TV volume turned off. Juan is like my all time favorite El señor Sol, Ryan Park. His face is like silly putty. Sean sports the poker face and expresses mostly with his hands. Those limbs go everywhere when he speaks... like Moe Howard.

I thought it was interesting that he said Catherine wasn’t on his radar the first few weeks of his season. I didn’t buy it, but the editors including that half-fib must be important in some storyline sort of way relating to Juan. Maybe the opposite is true?

Ladies Bio Time: For two seasons in a row (Sean, Desiree), the F1 contestant was not included in these. Yet the four seasons preceeding them did include the future F1. Will the pendulum swing the other way this time? Let’s seeeee...
1.) Chelsie from Columbus, Ohio – loves kids, dandelions and sunflowers
2.) Renee from Sarasota, Florida- our other Mommy besides Cassandra (showcased in Chris Harrison’s “ones to watch”)
3.) Andi – Atlanta district attorney who will be our Mike the G-Man this season, I guess
4.) Amy J. just wants a man willing to be oiled all over by her
5.) Nikki works with babies. Reminds me a little of Trista Sutter showcasing her pediatrics skills when she was Bachelorette
6.) Lauren H. gives us her sad sad story of getting jilted. Things get sadder as the evening progresses.
7.) Valerie loves to compete and poke other ladies’ eyeballs out. Exactly why they cast her.
8.) Lacy owns a nursing home and has that Special Family. Might get dumped for being “over qualified” for our Venezuelan-New York born soccer player.
9.) Clare has the Miss My Daddy Story (DVD made for her future hubbie) and clocks in the most screentime in the promos... so you know she either makes it far or hogs up the most camera space on the few episodes she’s on.

Limos... edited very differently as usual.
1.) Amy gets that stock guitar rift most first-outers get
2.) Cassandra sports the hypnotic eyes and the crickets chirp in unison. Isn’t she one of the mommies?
3.) Christie in her glitter
4.) Christine... a less glittery blonde
5.) Nikki gets the “no more limos” line out of him
6.) Kat in her ravishing red
7.) Chantel... pretty average entrance, a sign she will get stuck in the background of this season
8.) Victoria ready to teach him Portuguese
9.) The Hippy... Lucy. You know he will keep her simply because of the producers.
10.) Danielle – huge head of hair. Nice Type B personality... Miss Mellow
11.) Lauren logs a piano. Wouldn’t a skateboard be easier?
12.) Chelsie gets a nice F1-ish entrance but the music is too fast-tempo. Also talks too much for slightly poky Juan.
13.) Cowgirl Valerie
14.) Elise The Fan... “we have so many things in common!”
15.) Ashley... another glittery one, but giving him a glitter star like her elementary school pupils
16.) Clare arrives “knocked up”
17.) Alli remembered his soccer ball, but he simply kicks it away after she leaves!
18.) Amy J. Is the first of three who learned some Spanish
19.) Renee is the first to discuss her mommyhood
20.) Lauren H. will give most her performance later in the evening
21.) Maggie the Southern Belle who wants to hook Juan like a big mouth bass
22.) Doggie gives Juan the “cold shoulder”. Owner Kelly is friendlier, but quite often the pet’s parent is not too different than their “child”...
23.) Lacy... like half the ladies tonight, shown legs first. Already poppin’ the pills.
24.) Alexis also has her trusty Spanish dictionary handy. Since I never bothered checking Reality Steve’s spoilers, I just assumed she lasted a couple episodes. Now all of the “Alexies” I keep seeing in the promos must be some other brunette he spared.
25.) Kylie sports the red-hair. Poor girl gets a workout at the rose ceremony
26.) Sharleen the International Opera Singer whom Chris Harrison has a huge crush on and probably told Juan to give an impression rose to
27.) Andi arrives “last but not least” and poor Juan chirps “Oh my gosh! How am I gonna do this?”

It seemed like the editors tried to get as many sitdown times in this episode as possible. Usually we just see roughly a third of the contestants sit with the lead. Some shown, of course, just got a second or two aired, but they made an effort to show Juan as the busy beaver making his full rounds. Even Lauren H. fussing constantly about her time got quite a lengthy session aired.

I guess I should get Lauren out of the way even though her scene occurred later. Obviously the editors had more fun last season with the magician getting Desiree to disappear and Jonathan waiting in his fantasy suite with his “love tank not been depleted for years and steadily building”, since they tried to make Lauren seem slightly crazy when she was merely too talkative and too needy of other ladies’ advice.

Nikki was first shown and got the key Juan line of “you be yourself” right after he entered the room. Regardless of how far she goes this season, her “story” must be important since they also gave both her and Clare the choice “Here’s Juan Pablo” face shots during the rose ceremony. Her sitdown is typical Girl Meets Boy “What do you want to know about me?”. Fortunately they got her out of the way for the loonier crop.

Renee talked Parent Talk with Juan and I couldn’t stop staring at the lipstick on his face, wondering who the culprit was who planted it there. It might not have been Renee, since these two don’t generate much “heat” on screen.

Obviously Juan is uncomfortable with The Hippy and the Message Therapist, but Harrison demanded he keep the former so that the editors have something to keep blurring and bleeping as the season progresses... and Lucy is all over the place in the promos as “comedy relief”.

Chelsie with Juan was hilarious as she muffed his hair and added her glasses in an effort to transform him into Reid Rosenthal.

I thought Elsie/Elise’s discussion of “love at first sight” was interesting, since he later gives Sharleen the first impression rose despite her not feeling that... and also on account of what Sean said earlier about Catherine not being on his radar at first. Something tells me that, while Elise may not be “the one” (and Juan only looked moderately interested in her), something about her “story” relates to “final one” in some way.

Kylie dreamed about him (but he didn’t her since he dumped her later after almost-choosing-her-by-mistake at the rose ceremony). Danielle was more interesting to look at than listen to (but a nice girl anyway), Alexis wants kids right away and Andi the attorney (shown with a straight face in her intro bio) got the Sexy Salsa score they often use for mud baths. Juan was giggling up a storm with her much like Drew and his “butterflies” last season.

Then there was Sharleen whom the editors wasted a good Proposal Guitar Rift on... the same one traditionally used with F1 contestants (along with one or two others in a given season). This means that Sharleen has a shot for that coveted title... or at least the chance to be Juan’s counterpart to Jason’s Melissa. Yet playing that score so early in episode #1?!? That is worse than Tony getting it in episode #3 of Emily’s season simply by talking about his son. What made the music feel even more wasted was how she kept saying she didn’t feel “it” with Juan but accepted the first impression rose anyway. Nikki appropriately stated that it “sucks” (our most popular curse word this season going by the promos).

Rose ceremony order (and watch me miss one here): Clare, Nikki, Renee, Andi, Alli, Chantel-with-an-E, Lauren-ess, Kelly and her pooch, Cassandra, Chelsie, Kat (with poor Kylie mixed up and too hopeful... Juan favored Kelly’s pooch over her), Victoria, Christy, Lucy (picked at gun point during his not-shown sitdown with Mr. Harrison), Elise and Amy L.

The promos again left out a third part. We are stuck with Juan blubbering and hightailing out of his confession room. No previews of final rose ceremony or fantasy dates that stand out. What gives?

Oh... that’s right. Fleissmeister has something-something percolating on the back burner this season.

I'm not going to bother with that too-wordy other post, but you can quote anything you want from it.

A couple more odds and ends I picked up re-watching various clips on youtube… clips that will, no doubt, “vanish for copyright reasons” at any moment…

It seems like he only spared one of the four or five who spoke Spanish to him. His language is the language of luuuuuv. He also told a future dumpee, Lauren H., that it isn’t important to speak Spanish to woo him.

Also says the same with Sharleen, which brings me to that silly Proposal Guitar Rift, traditionally played with F1… and one or two other contestants. I am “assuming”… for now… that Sharleen is among the “other” contestants. However, what is spoken during the music is always important. Last season, Chris Siegfried got it on his hometown, but so did Zak Waddell on his Barcelona date… and Desiree discussed that relationships grow with time as the music played. With Sharleen, she starts out talking about “weaners” (the meat kind she faces in Germany’s cuisine... or so we are assuming) and Juan voice-overs: “When you go out of the country, you start seeing things differently. That attracts me a lot. We say in Spanish ‘she has mundo’… the world.”

Sharleen says during the music: “I’m afraid.” Juan responds “No! Why are you afraid?” Answer: “I can’t speak a single word of Spanish”. “That’s fine, I speak a little bit of English.”

He then ends it with “I think she separates from the rest of the group. The conversation, the looks, her vibe, her culture. She’s a keeper.” (He doesn’t necessarily say for him although he could be thinking that.) First word out of her mouth when he gets the rose: “Seriously?” Also after being asked if she will accept it, that loooong pause and “sure”.

Juan, though, is very peculiar in his behavior insisting he is giving it to her so she’ll feel “relaxed”. “I know she is going to sleep well tonight and that makes me happy.” Well… that depends on whether or not she gets her own room in the mansion.

I laughed at how the editors used Kylie, speaking a bit narrow-minded in her PI session. The one getting the first impression rose will be their "biggest competition"... to be more specific... "She is obviously number one." It is as if she is telling viewers to pay attention to Rose Girl ONLY... Sharleen!

I did notice when Nikki was commenting that it “sucks it wasn’t me” regarding Sharleen’s first impression rose, she is smirking a bit with her eyes closed… as if she really doesn’t care as much as she leads on.

Nikki’s sitdown may have been the first shown, but it clearly was not the first since she says on screen (muffled by the editors in the soundtrack so it is hard for us to hear) that she was waiting quite a while to make her move. Many others preceded her. Soooo… why was she shown first? Very good question.

Intriguingly, despite how “smitten” he looked after her limo arrival (sticking his fist in his mouth… “no more limos”), he still… forgot her name! Yet the editors made sure she wasn’t the only one. They showed him chasing down one of the Laurens post-limo (the one he kept) because he forgot hers. Chelsie, while dressing Juan as the next Reid Rosenthal with glasses, reminds him of hers. Also we had the mix-up at the rose ceremony, which Jimmy Kimmel made a HUGE hoopty-doo about.

Also interesting was Nikki’s inviting him to come visit her at home. He suggests “right now” or “next week”, then “maybe a couple months… we will figure it out”. Both say “you’ll never know”, reminding me a bit of Ashley Hebert saying in her premiere show, “I’m not sure if he’ll be the one calling me cupcake, but you’ll never know”.

Immediately after Nikki’s, we get Renee instantly discussing her son, which prompts Juan to discuss his all-time favorite topic (drilled into our heads every freakin’ half hour!) It is obvious that Renee is the one “they” want the casual viewers to view as THE frontrunner. Whether she is in reality can be debated, but I am sure her departure from the show (if it happens) will be a key event this season.

Of course, Juan remembers her son’s name! Ben. (Probably because he remembers the other Ben in Desiree’s season hawking his son on Day #1.) As he chirps: “Rrrrenaaayyy… we have SO many things in common. We’re parents. It’s just natural… and she’s very, very cute.” Awwww! We have a winner, don’t we? Just like Doug in Emily Maynard’s season impressing us with Junior’s letter… and making us instantly forget that skateboard dude with just one “F” in his name, whose sitdown was immediately before Doug’s.

Following Renee are the Comedy Showcase Of Stars… namely “never-a-wallflower” Lucy (“the girls that are gonna go home are the girls who didn’t go *BAM!* I’m Here! I’m Lucy!”) and Amy the massage therapist. One thing I am picking up… Lucy often looks like she is reading some sort of cue card when talking. Her eyes don’t stay focused on the camera… or she has some physical focus problem. Not sure which. I’d wager she is following-a-script. Juan probably needed a little help this season from the Actors Studio.

Chelsie wiping off Juan’s lipstick without any concern as to how it got there (by her or somebody else) had me in stitches. (Renee didn’t bother to wipe it off earlier... if the same one. Maybe I am just seeing "things". I dunno.)

Equally funny are all of their fun photos having her cut-off to the side. Sometimes I wonder if this “stuff” is done deliberately by contestants who just want to be on a TV show and are OK being a future dumpee. Don’t get me wrong, Chelsie has as good of a chance as anybody else being the future Mrs. Galavis, but you wonder if some of them are willing to go along with production planting these “giveaway suggestions”. When Juan asks her how many kids she wants, the answer is “Hah… just ALL of them” with arms stretched. It is blatantly obvious that the science teacher has NO desire to be barefoot and pregnant half her adult life.

Love the flames in the fireplace shown first before Elise starts talking "love at first sight" with Juan. I forgot about Mom guiding her up in heaven until I re-watched. Will we get Chris Lambton's rainbows this season?

Andi’s sitdown was pretty interesting. She told him she would never "argue". They were just having a casual conversation starting with her law practice talk.

Clare’s sitdown was not shown much apart from a nod to her earlier pregnancy gag. This puts her on the same footing as the last two F1s Sean’s Catherine and Desiree’s Chris, the latter was only seen saying the word “Seattle” in his sitdown. However, a key “red flag”… maybe or maybe not… is that three ladies are observing them from a distance. Of course, there is no privacy in that mansion, but it is rare that the future F1 will actually be shown “peeped at” like that unless they were Courtney or Vienna. Who knows? At this stage, Clare is one of my key frontrunners.

Last edited by JBF on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions Empty Re: *No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions

Post by sparkler Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:12 pm

Interesting JBF.  I wondered if Sharleen's getting the first impression rose and (to me) Juan Pablos' misjudging what appears to be utter indifference and her icy cold response  as foreshadowing for the season.  I wonder if JP is up to the task of handling the drama, and having the emotional fortitude...also the judgement to understand the women and their TRUE responses to him. Traces of Vienna and Courtney here. JP may be in over his head.

The single mother with the 8 year old son, Renee, was chosen by my husband as the F1. Too unlikely to me, having watched this show for so long....I agree with you JBF that she is a decoy of sorts. I like your comparison to Doug with Emily. Maybe more of a friend or adviser role than F1.

I really appreciate your recap JBF. To me the first night is always such a blur...hard to keep track of them all. I too agree that the "flower child" with bare feet (forget her name) will be kept for drama. Of interest is the lawyer from Atlanta, the pediatric nurse and the blonde who claims to be Mexican with the sad story about her father....They got a lot of air time. A background was laid out there for more to come. JP showed genuine interest in them although the lawyer seems like such an utter mismatch for JP. (also icy cold).

The red haired girl with the pink dress who was eliminated surprised me... I thought she would be kept for drama because she stood out so much. Especially after attempting to take a rose meant for someone else- I feel that MF attempts to humiliate women at times, and this is a great example of that.

I will re-read your analysis again and focus on it once I know who is who here- thanks again!!

sparkler

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:23 am

Aww... thanks Sparkler. You picked a good word "decoy" for Renee, with the viewers thinking she's the frontrunner (and she COULD be but I am skeptical on account of Juan insisting they have "sssoooo much in common" sssoooo early).

We used to use the word "smokescreen", but "decoy" works just as well.

I would also use that same word for Sharleen. Only she's a "decoy" for the other ladies. They loved her WHEN he gave her the rose since she was so sweet-natured, but when her head was down and was making her lack of interest too obvious... THEN they started commenting... a lot! Oh... she will stay on his show for quite a while, I'm sure. Juan will look "stupid" for keeping her, but always pay close attention to his facial expressions. He just MAY know EXACTLY what he is doing.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:22 am

Questions for those that keep a track of this stuff..........Isn't the F3 or F2 normally the narrator to each season ? Have we ever had an F1 narrating the season ?

iPad mini typos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:59 am

Everybody narrates. Catherine spent most of episode #1 more as an observer than a participant. We were denied seeing more than a second of her sitdown with Sean.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:55 pm

This season will possibly be a setup where the F2 is shown as "perfect" future mother material and the F1 will not have a clear / clean edit. Somewhat similar to the Jake season or the Meredith one. And the viewing public will be upset during the finale particularly since there is a single father involved. Obvs. most seasons they edit each of the final contestants  "different" but with Camilla in the picture it seems like they will make that moat larger for shock value.

ETA : I guess the reason I am saying this is since most of us are unspoiled and have wanted spoilers in the past just so that our collective hearts won't get broken at the end when we have backed the nice girl and had the not-so-perfect candidate end up as F1. This is possibly the season to avoid getting emotionally wrapped up in the person tbtp are "pushing" as a future mother for a little girl. JMO. (I have no clue who the spoilers say is f1 btw).

nd4reality
nd4reality

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:29 pm

We still need to analyze this thang more...

It is fun comparing and contrasting the promos. Here are the end-of-episode #1 promos for the last few seasons:

Ashley’s: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fun stuff:
First shot shows Ashley taking off a mask and insisting she’s not letting her insecurities get in the way of her happiness this time. Everything we see in the first 1/3rd of this promo is pretty accurate. William says “Ashley’s definitely the kind of girl that any guy would love to marry” over… JP. Although we see no more JP until the drama begins, all of his voice-overs suggest plenty of “hot action” behind closed doors. See the Hong Kong skyline light up after the cork gets popped!

Jeff wearing his mask crops up in the middle as we get all of the “façade” talk. This instantly tells us that everything after Jeff is NOT what it appears to be… right down to her fake FRC dress. Willie plays a key role here… shown in his Dante’s Inferno stairway with Ashley voicing concern (“I’m sorry you feel defeated”), running in the streets (as JP worries “things are getting out of hand”) and saying he “hurt two (?!) people tonight” as somebody (we “assume” it is all Ames in his boxing accident) is rushed to the hospital.

In the final part, Willie and Bentley seem to “merge” like some Igmar Bergman movie (PERSONA comes to mind). We did not see the scene of Bentley saying “I don’t give a **** about her” in the actual show, but we did see William say the exact same words at the comedy roast… and Ashley is shown crying AT the comedy roast. In episode #5, Willie said in voice-over that he wanted to crawl into bed and never wake up… which appears to be how Ashley ends her “not letting my insecurities get in the way of my happiness” promo.

Awwww… poor Willie. He wasn’t having any fun on the show. He told Chris Harrison that he only watched episode #1 on Men Tell All. It is downright hilarious how they edited his intro “bio”. It is as if Mister Sunshine tapped all of the rays with his solar panels at the start of this montage of “bios”, while Willie is left with an umbrella that won’t open! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ben Flajnik’s 1st episode promo: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This clip includes the first rose ceremony “toast” with many shots of F3 Nicki. Some of us thought she was the one Ben wanted, but “something” happened. Others, of course, believe it was Courtney all along… and that is how Mike Fleiss described the season as well in more recent interviews. Regardless, Nicki and Courtney get equal billing here… and it is Nicki voice-overing that she is leaving Ben in the FRC even though she left earlier in Switzerland.

Yet Ben is still… “happy”. He had no desire getting married after all. Just wanted a temporary gal-pal. He does state that he’s “in love with” Courtney (since we have that line matching their Belize pyramid climb). Alas… it was too good to be true… even with Kacie B. as another contender. (A December promo, pre-season, shows Courtney laughing with her rose and Ben fussing on the soundtrack that he doesn’t know what to do now.) If anything, at least Ben and Courtney had some fun skinnydipping together while the rest of his harem was in a state of shock.

When Shawntel enters the mix, you sense the ladies are more upset at the prospect of leaving each other than Ben. That was one odd season some of us simply threw in the towel trying to figure out.

Emily’s: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Plenty of Jefie here. I especially dig the scene of him twirling a girl in the park, followed by Emily twirling Ricki… and saying “there is nothing more that I want to make my family complete”. This scene matches up with two other F1 guys: JP says in this exact same spot that if you can’t find romance in this kind of environment then you are hopeless. Desiree is shown hugging Chris in Madeira as she says “Who knows where this journey is gonna go… but this is something I will never ever forget.”

Emily insists she is not a 26 year old single girl. While I “get it” that she has a daughter, she is still single is she not? Note how they show her dressed in black carrying a rose as if she is still in mourning. A bit silly. Makes you wonder if the “baggage” is something other than having a daughter.

Joe, dumped in episode #2, says “Sometimes in life you have to take a leap of faith. I want to make this happen for her, Ricki (or Ricky) and myself.” What makes his line so mysterious is that it can apply to either Jef or Emily since Rick-Y can also be her deceased boyfriend and “her” can be either Rick-I or Emily. Since Emily is confident that Jef is ready to be a husband and a dad in Prague, my guess is that his feet were colder than hers. Or maybe finding a daddy wasn’t the main concern of hers anyway… since even Sean was willing to “step in”. Who knows?

Overall… with Dolly Parton still hoping Emily finds “true” love, one senses that Emily still hasn’t found it when this promo was edited together. She and her race car “therapist” are watching a merry-go-round go round and round… the horsies resembling little NASCARs.

Sean’s: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I still think The Letter did “blindside” Sean at his FRC because not all of it was Catherine declaring her love for him. Parts that were not heard in her voice-over reading (edited out in the finale) may very well have expressed some doubt that they could “make it” since they were very different from each other. As a result, Sean had to pump up a bit more confidence in her.

In St. Croix, Catherine sobbed when Lesley Hughes was eliminated because she felt Lesley had more in common with Sean. Yet when Sean is shown walking with Lesley, Catherine’s close friend, he is telling Catherine directly on screen that “I can picture us spending the rest of our lives together.” After all, “I know without a shadow of a doubt who my wife is… I want her to have my heart. I want to be her best friend and I just want to be the man she wants me to be. I want to spend my life with this one woman and I can’t wait.”

Desie’s: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Plenty of F1 Chris here… and in very provocative make-out sessions reminding me of JP’s voice-overs in Ashley’s. In fact, only Bryden looks like he is getting any hottub action equal to Chris’ on his fantasy date. Everybody else, including Zak Waddell (?!), appears fully clothed and talking… and talking… and talking…

Poor gal has serious trust issues in men, but she “trusts all of” Chris submerged with her in the water... doing… whatever it is they are doing. (*chuckle chuckle* In episode #1, Jonathan offered her a fantasy suite card right out of the limo and she told him she was “not that kind of girl”. Well… not with 24 of the 25 guys at least.)

Just as Ashley’s promo “interweaves” Willie and Bentley at one point, Desie’s “interweaves” Brooks and James in a couple of spots. (Huh?) Drew also gets involved here when he screams at an unseen James “You are not here to fall in love with Des!” and the next shot shows Brooks “under attack”. Later, Brooks blubbers on the soundtrack “It was worse than I thought it would be. What can I say to make it better?” over James with his head down… and Desie’s sob scenes with James and Brooks merge together as if they happened at the same time.

Here’s the music video shown at the start of May before production ended. No James here though: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This one for Des was edited while they were still filming in Madeira and its newest footage is Drew’s date in Barcelona. Even though James, Kasey, Brad and a fleetingly shown Ben with Mike all had dates by this time, the editors are literally shoving Bryden and Brooks (“B + D”) into our faces as if The Ending is already a forgone conclusion. Seriously? When have they let the cat out of the bag that early before? Even more peculiar, once Sean closes the limo door on Des in the monochrome “flashback”, we only get two shots of her with Drew and Brooks and a motherload of F1 Chris… even in “headless” form after she says she is now ready for the man of her dreams. I guess these lyrics fit The Storyline in a way: “And you could’ve made a left turn and now you’re right/And you could be out with someone else tonight/And I’d have missed the best day of my life…”

Here’s Juan’s again: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Y’know… I still can’t stop laughing when Juan gets “he’s husband material” as he shakes that champagne bottle. That scene is just too Freudian beyond words.

Oh well… he at least gets the H-word.

William says “Ashley’s definitely the kind of girl that any guy would love to marry”. She says “being given this opportunity to travel the world and hopefully leave here with a husband, I feel like the luckiest person in the world”. According to Bentley, she doesn’t have what he has on his checklist he is looking for in a future wife.

Ben’s F3 Nicki thought she was ready to be a wife and mother but isn’t now… not that it matters. We don’t hear Ben speaking wedding bells in his promos.

Emily wants to meet her husband “real bad”. She is confident Jef (or somebody) is ready to be a good husband and dad. With her? Don’t know.

Sean says “I know without a shadow of a doubt who my wife is”. Sure is uber-confident.

Chris Siegfried does say that “This is the girl I could be with for the rest of my life.” Desiree has all of her trust issues, but Chris “brings out the best in me” and she has developed trust.

Juan does see his daughter’s future horseback riding with a mystery blonde. He also says “I definitely would rather end up with nobody then not have my daughter be proud of her dad.” “I’m not here to make a fool of myself. This is my life.” His surfside “fun” is not with Sharleen whom the other ladies claim is ruining “the whole experience”.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:12 pm

For your analyses JBF san.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:59 pm

Here’s last year’s (the promos as the START of the episode)…

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here F1 Cathy says “it has been nothing but exactly what I wanted.” He responds with “I feel like we’re supposed to spend the rest of our lives together”. Pretty potent stuff. I think one reason she was over-exposed at this early point was because: a.) she was mostly hidden in the first four episodes anyway (like Chris on Des’) and b.) she may have needed an extra “boost” of confidence with Sean behaving more confident than usual (compared to other leads)

Awwww… I miss Tierra. She was simply wonderful! “I can see that Sean was let down, but Hey! He’s here and he’s gonna meet… ME.” Tierra wouldn’t let Sean down.

AshLee and Desiree are shown involved in lots of drama here, but Lindsay is mostly hidden… making you think she either left early or is the hidden F1. Actually she was just an UN-dramatic F2 staying out of trouble.

Here’s Desie’s…

They sure like bundling Brooks and James scenes together despite the fact that we rarely even saw them in the same screencap on the main show. Even in group scenes, they were far away from each other. Yet here we go again! The editors LOVE putting them together. You just know Brooks did NOT say to James “Any chance I can take a stab at you, I will take it”. Then after Brooks ends up in the hospital, James is whining to Desie like a big baby.

Although Kasey got a squeaky clean edit on the main show, he is quite the little ogre here, getting the wrath of BOTH Stephanie and Desiree’s voice-overs here and on the other promo. I bet Kasey did something-something that didn’t please our Bachelorette.

“After tonight, I want him down on one knee because I love him…” Whoah! Them’s mighty big words of confidence comin’ from our Bachelorette! Looks like Chris’s dance in Munich sets that line off since Munich is “tonight” (game over by episode #5!). Then again, Bryden is showcased the most here getting wet and sensual with her. With Drew, she still says “I never felt myself loved”… uh oh. Not good for Drew’s chances as F1. You don’t want her saying that of the one she chose in the end.

Witty Chris peekaboo shots…
1.) After Brooks says “The moments of having something take your breath away for a second makes you refocus on what’s important.” Desiree is not looking at Brooks, but apparently thinking of somebody or something else… “refocusing” I guess? The next edit cut: Des and Chris on their fantasy suite beach.
2.) Drew tells her “This is one of the happiest days of my life and I‘ve-I’ve fallen for you”. Maybe she is looking at him… hard to tell. Yet instantly, she goes into her “after tonight” speech with Chris… and poor Drew gets stuck with the “I never felt myself loved”.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:24 pm

nd4reality wrote:JBF - what do you think about PI that Nikki gave during the special ? She was shown talking about the rejected Bachelorettes saying that it must be horrible not to receive a rose (paraphrasing here) and that PI was a lead-in to the Reject Bachelorettes section last last night.

Also, when they showed the segment on the 1st rose of the season and CH was explaining how the show works and that if the bachelorette is not feeling it, she should  not accept the Rose if offered and they panned to Nikki again (briefly).

That second shot was quite interesting... although nothing was actually spoken when she was shown. I don't know what to think right now.

Regarding the earlier comment about wondering what it is like to be rejected without a rose... hmmm. Maybe Nikki never experiences that? Ha ha!

Or... she does get dumped and she lies in her hotel bed sobbing just like the two shown.

You can bet that she and Clare are the two we need to keep our "Eagle Eyes" on. Maybe neither is F1, but both have very complicated storylines and are constantly in Juan's "area of focus". Also, we shouldn't rule out the possibility of another Jason Mesnick switcheroo. As mentioned before, when Nikki arrived out her limo, she was shown legs first like Melissa. Clare was shown head first like Molly. Then again... in Ben Flajnik's season, Courtney was legs first and HIS Nicki was head first and there was no switch there.

I still have to re-watch the updated promo, but two things jumped out for me:
1.) Clare got the description “amazing wife”
2.) He says “this is perfect” at the FRC shot. He said the same line in a previous promo with Nikki (I think… looks like her).

Now… regarding #1. You won’t believe how many times I’ve been burnt in the behind with THAT line. Ali kept chirping in her season that Chris Lambton would make an “amazing husband”… and he did. With Peyton, not Ali. Oh I am sure Clare will make the perfect wife but it would have been nice had Juan added “for me” so that we can be sure.

Last season we had a bloody civil war between those insisting Reality Steve goofed and those who insisted that The Spoilers were the Law Of The Land. Adding to the battle was the fact that Brooks was way more interesting to watch on screen (what’s not to love about him?) then that constantly smiling “poet” sporting the Fred Rogers sweaters. Of course, when the fan favorite got the H-word once in the season, Desiree left out “with me”. Yet that was still a sign that she found happiness with him despite him not being “at the finish line” in Madeira. The line heard with Chris in Munich didn’t count for many since half of it was voice-over (although it didn’t appear to be spliced): “He's everything that I could want in a husband.” Yet she also tells Becky Siegfried (hometown) in an un-edited shot with her face in full view: “He really has all of the qualities… and the lasting qualities, I think… that I really want in a husband and a father of my children.” Then… as if to drill the point home further, Chris is the only one of the remaining four guys to get both the H and F-words (“father”, not the other word) during her sitdown with brother Nate.

Again... we will have to listen for the "word play" this season with both ladies... and some other frontrunners like Andi who may be picked if he dumps both.

JBF wrote:We still have to look at many “little things”, so the curious editing of Nikki during Harrison’s talk that nd4reality pointed out is important. We just have to figure out why.

This conversation probably needs moved to the editing thread, but... for fun body language and editing analysis, here is:

Nikki's limo arrival ("no more limos"): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Then Clare’s arrival: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope the links work.

Right before Clare’s arrival, Nikki comments with the others that there are “ten more girls to go” and somebody responds that “he has his fair share of pretty ladies to pick from”. Also… dum dee dum dum… somebody says “waiting for the crazy person”. Huh? Clare is crazy?

I also thought it was odd that Juan informs both viewers and Chris Harrison that he "picked" Clare for the first date. One of the past leads (Ali?) said she didn't pick who-goes-on-what-date. This makes me wonder if Desie did any pickings for dates last season.

nd4reality wrote:Could you put this conversation (last few posts) over in the editing thread ?

I'll let others chime in here after watching these video clips. I dunno... would they show Juan all "hot" for a contestant this early? Then again, maybe the one he is "hottest" for is F1 and gets a lot less screentime later. Also Sean's discussion in episode #1 saying that Catherine wasn't on his radar a few weeks into his season could be a "decoy" line to fool viewers, while Elise's discussion about "love at first sight" with Juan is more important.

Just for fun, another "antique" from a while back to compare and contrast here, Ashley's limo arrival scenes.

We could add more, but her video is a nice short (just 15 minutes) limo arrival "montage" that we can compare to Juan's in terms of body language, music and editing. JP's arrival reminds me a lot of Chris' last season even though he doesn't bend down on one knee and the music is different. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoxOM5uDfkM) Yet we get the same slow limo arrival and "anticipation"... and a bit of cooing on her part "hello jaaaaayyyyy-pee, nice to meet you. I'm Ashley"... "Chrrrriiiisss, nice to mmmmmeeeeet you". Sounds like both Juan and Nikki use the "nice to meet you" line too, but not Clare.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:11 pm

Bringing this topic over from the ep2 thread but JaunP certainly seems to react very favorably to Clare in interviews post-show etc.
Could it be possible that this season will be the first F1 who gets the first date of the season and viewers will be treated to the love story from the get-go ?
What do you guys think ?

Oh and they showed JP and Camilla playing in "fake" snow in yesterdays special. Doesn't Clare get a fake-snow date tonight ?

nd4reality
nd4reality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 67 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

*No Spoilers* The Bachelor 18 Edit Discussions

+44
Longhornfan
George1218
4health
livlafluv1
mbatts