SELECT CONTENT

Chris Discussion Group

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Discussion Group - Page 23 Empty Re: Chris Discussion Group

Post by tigertiz Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:06 pm

Chris only became F1 when Brooks left.
 Could be.  In that way , Des and Brooks remind me of Ashley and Bentley.  We know how that ended.    :married  She found the love of her life with JP, and I couldnt be happier for the two of them.   I feel the same way about Des and Chris. They make an equally adorable couple.  I hope their wedding is televised too.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:43 pm

MMA50, apology accepted and appreciated.

Now to the tear(s)...either you believe that Des was upset with the break up or you don't. I don't think she or Brooks faked the emotions they expressed that day, neither one of them can act that well. I think you can believe they were honest with their feelings AND be happy that Chris and Des are together now. That's me.

And so what is wrong with Brooks being F1 until he left and then Chris becoming F1? This is JMO and I know some people disagree with my view. In real life the people you love may not love you back, does that mean you never fall in love again? I hope not or many of us would never have gotten married. How many people end up with the first person they loved? Not many.

Brooks is nothing like Bentley. Maybe the situations are similar but Brooks and Bentley could not be any more different. Ashley and JP, Des and Chris....both adorable couples. If Des and Chris want a televised wedding they have my vote!!!! I'm sure they have just been waiting to make up their minds until I voiced my opinion (this is a joke).

If the Chris discussion thread moves in the direction of proving how Brooks and Bentley are so much alike I will vomit....seriously. Do you think Chris ever wonders why in HIS thread he's hardly mentioned?!? Probably keeps him up at night (this too is a joke).giggling 
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:07 am

Every successful Bachelor/ette couple --- the ones that really fall in love and make a go of it for a year or longer, and a few even marry --- say they didn't really fall in love until AFTER the show and, even so, it had takes a considerable effort to make it work.

Although Des thought Brooks was the one, clearly she also had her eye on Chris, for had she not, she wouldn't have finished the season engaged to the man.

Also according to successful Bachelor/ette couples, Des and Chris seem to be doing everything right, in that they are now (1) living in the same city that (2) ISN'T Southern California, (3) neither one is pursuing an entertainment career and/or (4) attempting to remain relevant (famous). Even so, only time will tell if Des and Chris are the real deal and I'm hopeful that they are.

Last edited by Amberish on Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had lost a "y")
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:41 am

Amberish wrote:Ever successful Bachelor/ette couple --- the ones that really fall in love and make a go of it for a year or longer, and a few even marry --- say they didn't really fall in love until AFTER the show and, even so, it had takes a considerable effort to make it work.

Although Des thought Brooks was the one, clearly she also had her eye on Chris, for had she not, she wouldn't have finished the season engaged to the man.

Also according to successful Bachelor/ette couples, Des and Chris seem to be doing everything right, in that they are now (1) living in the same city that (2) ISN'T Southern California, (3) neither one is pursuing an entertainment career and/or (4) attempting to remain relevant (famous). Even so, only time will tell if Des and Chris are the real deal and I'm hopeful that they are.

High clap bowdown 
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:24 am

soccermom333 wrote:
Amberish wrote:Ever successful Bachelor/ette couple --- the ones that really fall in love and make a go of it for a year or longer, and a few even marry --- say they didn't really fall in love until AFTER the show and, even so, it had takes a considerable effort to make it work.

High clap  bowdown 
Co signed. :yes: 
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:21 pm

sparkler wrote:Hey JBF!!!! Love every one of your posts and look forward to them, especially during the season. I look forward to reading "the gospel according to JBF" because you are SO insightful....you really nailed it during Des's season and once I read your observation that Chris was F1, it was as clear as day to me and saw the red herring that Brooks was.... Enjoyed these last few pages from all of you ....just dropping in for a minute until the next season but look forward to your posts.....and to the rest of you too!!!!
Awwww... thanks!

Amberish wrote:Every successful Bachelor/ette couple --- the ones that really fall in love and make a go of it for a year or longer, and a few even marry --- say they didn't really fall in love until AFTER the show and, even so, it had takes a considerable effort to make it work.

It has been a few days since you posted this, but I will add to it… not in disagreement, but just clarifying why there has been so much battle here on the forums. Yes, I will be posting the same “stuff” I posted before…

EVERY season we ask the same question: Is all of this “reality” or is some of this “reality TV” staged to a degree?

Is any “method acting” involved? “Method” is not without some tears and raw emotion, but the lead may be crying more about The Experience than the real thing. Sometimes the heartbreaker is technically their “fall back on” choice that they are banking on if things don’t work out with #1… or one they hope will be easier to deal with on the finale than #3 (i.e. maybe Drew would be harder to string along than Brooks, who was OK being “the friend” anyway).

Sometimes the lead is not even sure if she even wants to be engaged and F1 may be TOO serious about it. Perhaps she may be wondering if a simple three month “showmance” is a safer outcome. As Chris pointed out in Diamonds + Hearts, the move-to-Seattle was a BIG obstacle in their relationship, something she wasn’t worrying about all with Brooks.

If we are to believe Des wanted Brooks more than Chris, then we will have to believe that Ali wanted Frank over Roberto, Ashley wanted Bentley over JP and Emily (if she was even sincere on her season) wanted Arie or Sean more than Jef (despite her doing the actual heartbreaking) because there are too many similarities in what was shown on screen. Even Jillian was shown drooling over Kiptyn and Wes and acted totally confused when Reid came back in the final rose ceremony. So many say “oh this season was TOTALLY different and you can’t compare Des’ attraction to Brooks with Ash and Bentley since that other season was so fake”, but… oooof!... not exactly. We still heard the same lines of dialogue, only Ash went a step further with “my husband in the room” and “ready to move to Salt Lake City” with Big Bad Bent, even if it was much earlier in the season.

… AND any lead who says it was always F1 since Day #1 is probably not completely honest since there were 25 possibilities to choose from and no guarantees things would work out with anybody post-show.

… AND there is A SHOW to produce. No way will Mike Fleiss EVER show us a straight forward “love story” without some triangle or rectangle involved, allowing for the question “how can I make a decision?” The fact that Drew was cut loose early made it all the more important to emphasize Brooks even more for dramatic sake. Otherwise, the only “drama” would be whether or not Chris would want to propose… and that was already a foregone conclusion. (Was there any doubt? The guy was lingering over Neil Lane’s rings with as much fuss as Ryan Sutter with Harry Winston in Beverly Hills almost eleven years earlier.)

I still suspect that The Sibling (Ashley’s Chrystie and Des’ Nate) were major factors here since both were hypercritical about this process and the idea of their sister “falling fast” for somebody on a TV show. This may be one key reason we saw so many tears (or crocodile “tears” as we jokingly argue) for somebody leaving, when… in reality… she also had The Eye on another frontrunner as well.

If this theory is true, it easily explains why there was so little of Des’ interaction with Chris actually shown in the first four episodes and why the editors digitally blurred their faces in the Kate Earl dance. Remember that all we saw of Chris in episode #1 between limo-time and rose ceremony was his carefully edited-in word of “Seattle” (i.e. the real obstacle to their relationship with her “heart” in California) and their sitdown in episode #2 was cut out equally with her face not shown at all. This means that Nate would not automatically think she had her eye on Chris as early as might have genuinely been the case. After all, with so much Brooks, Ben, Bryden and James on camera (and even in episode #1 we saw quite a bit of her with Brooks), why would it matter to hide anything with Chris if there was “nothing” to hide?

My suspicions that Nate was a factor increased when Chris stated twice in episodes #3 and when meeting Nate that he “was a skeptic coming into this” since these lines were EXACTLY what Nate wanted to hear… whether true or not. His mother Becky stated much the opposite in the hometown visit when she mentioned Chris’ conversation on the airport phone, so we know Chris is fibbing a bit for the cameras. (Add to this, George making the oopsie on camera after Chris’ “nose job” by saying this will get him through the next couple weeks… clearly he knew his son was The One even then! Good thing the editors knew viewers would be too focused on Chris’ boogers to catch that line.)

I always liked Brooks (what is not to love?) even if I never quite understood what kind of relationship they were showing us with all of this “enjoying being in the moment” talk. It was in Munich episode #5 that I made my very abrupt 180 degree turn around and start questioning The Spoilers. This particular line threw me for a loop: “I’m not going to let Bryden affect my date with Chris. Not at all. I just want to get back to Chris so I can feel happy again.” Later that same date, she says “Today was so hard on me but I'm so happy that it was Chris on this date and nobody else because I can trust Chris with my heart. He's supportive, he's kind, he's romantic… he's expressive. He's everything that I could want in a husband.” (Add to this “short-shorts” time on the Madeira yacht, roll-over sand-rover in Antigua, hot-tub under the stars… all of this making me question if the purpose of The Poems was simply to keep their hands off of each other long enough on screen. As many commented, she often looks impatient for him to finish reading, but impatient for what exactly?)

So was Brooks always The One? It doesn’t matter. We, the viewers, can believe that if we want. No harm done… since Brooks is a good guy any woman would fall for. Everybody… Brooks, Chris and Des (but not so much Nate on twitter) went along with The Spoilers with their usual smirking. At least this allowed more safe house time for Des to be “sure” about moving to Seattle and a “two bedroom” apartment. (Um… right. Wonder if one is the guest room?) Apparently Des wanted Nate to believe that she “invested a lot in Brooks”, whether he completely bought it or not. (I personally think he could clearly see on that family visit that she was smitten by Chris… either as equally as with Brooks or even more. Check out his own facial expressions in those scenes. The guy is really just a tattooed pussycat, not a tiger with his claws out as with Sean Lowe.)

Sooo… hopefully I didn’t make anybody angry with this windy post. Trying my best to be as objective as possible. It is important that we get it ALL out of our system before Juan Pablo’s season begins since there is no telling what they have simmering on that back burner of theirs. It is high time for a second Jason Mesnick switcheroo, y’know! Maybe the one Juan wants has an “obstacle” with his dawder (sorry, his accent humors me) and she wants the F2 dumpee to play dollhouse with her instead. I can only imagine what public outrage they will need to muster in viewers with. Juan is hardly the skinnydipping type, given that his ankle bracelet must stay on at all times.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:20 pm

JBF, thing is, we often make the mistake in believing there is always only one. This board went into complete meltdown mode over Emily having fallen for Jef from E1 or just before his HTD.

I've kind of decided that the bachelor show experience is like going to camp. Who you immediately pair off with isn't necessarily who you finish with. And, once you're home, who you thought was your one and only doesn't (and, often, in the light of day, could never) fit in real life.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 23 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Discussion Group

+41