SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Thread #11

Page 58 of 59 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Thread #11 - Page 58 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Thread #11

Post by MonicaJM2001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:53 am

BarbB222 wrote:
julychild wrote:
BarbB222 wrote:
sdmom wrote:^^^ You mean that talk happened before RC? So Des too Drew to Shirley Heights to have the conversation, let him go /he took himself out, and then Des returned to St. Anne, changed her outfit /make up /hair for RC?

Ok so my head is spinning a little . Either way it looks like a goodbye .

"look" being the operative word. We all know that the promos are rarely (if ever) a true reflection of actual events.

Right and it LOOKS like Brooks is being let go and leaving according to the promos and SC's. Maybe not a true reflection of actual events eh?

yes
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Thread #11 - Page 58 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Thread #11

Post by Soleil Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:09 am

Please please don't hate me for getting off topic here. I was looking at twitter and fb and noticed that the ex gf that RS talked about that was also talked about on the first one on one date Jennifer such and such is friends with a good chunk of Brooks' close fiends. She's even friends with Jef H. I guess she still models and does marketing?

I guess it's really off topic right now. But it just makes me scratch my head. Anyway, carry on with the mess that is the upcoming finale. I have no clue what to make of anything and I don't think I will unless there's more previews on Monday.

Soleil

Back to top Go down

Post by eusebeia Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:16 am

Great speculation here--surely somebody will be right!

Anyway....

One of Brooks’ comments while they were walking through Liberty Park after the canoe adventure caught my attention.  Normally I discount VOs and PIs as simply being part of the Edit.  Sometimes they reflect what the person truly thinks. Sometimes they’re basically just scripted.  They don’t “prove” anything necessarily. (imho)  

But this particular VO really jumped out at me as not fitting the story they’re trying to tell us--and raised a whole slew of questions for me. scratch  

VO  I was really having a

PI    hard time in Madeira wondering if I really wanted to make this step.  And

VO    Desiree and I are on the same page of how we feel about each other and we’re open and communicating that.

PI  And I’m excited for what’s coming next.

VO  And really hopeful for what could actually come out of all of this.

PI  And I’m really excited for her to meet my family.  

The Edit in Madeira was that Brooks was behind in his feelings.  And even though Brooks says on camera, at the end of their HTD, that he’s closer to the “union of marriage” than he has ever been, once we get to CH’s interview with Desiree the emphasis again is on Brooks’ not having said I love you and being behind the other 3 men.  CH reinforced Brooks’ being behind in his blog, etc., etc.  And most of the posts I’ve read here and elsewhere seems to take that as a fact.

So what do we make of the bolded:   And Desiree and I are on the same page of how we feel about each other and we’re open and communicating that.

First of all, when did we see on the HTD—pre-meeting the family—Brooks and Des “open and communicating” that they are “on the same page of how we feel about each other.”  We get Brooks expressing his frustration at not being able to explore his feelings; we see Des reassure him by reading her list of “moments,” but there’s no conversation that we are shown.  The only thing I can think of is his “I’ll run” comment to her.  Is that it?   I don’t think so. I suspect they did talk about it and we didn’t see it.

Otherwise how does Brooks know he and Des are “on the same page of how we feel about each other”?  She’s not allowed to say she loves him, and she reports that he hasn’t said he loves her, so what exactly did they say and what does he think about the exact state of their feelings?  Maybe they “communicated” that they’re both approaching the finish line, but again we never saw it.  

Which raises another question:  Are we supposed to believe that Desiree told CH, the producers, the camera crew and whomever else that she loves Brooks but did not tell HIM?  She told CH in Madeira that she didn’t tell Brooks her feelings because he hadn’t said ILY yet—as if that was something she COULD do, that she wouldn’t be in breach of her contract if she did.  So what are we to think would happen if Brooks did confess his love for her?  That she would say “mm hmm”?:greenman: 

So how did we get Brooks saying that VO line that he and Des are “on the same page of how we feel about each other,” which directly contradicts the edit that he’s behind?  It’s not like it was some real-time dialogue that slipped through—it’s a voiceover that was deliberately spliced in.  Maybe it was a  mistake?  There is an obvious mistake earlier in that segment, when Brooks refers to Desiree “meeting my parents and my family.”  Now maybe at some point there was some consideration to flying his father up from Texas, but the producers certainly knew it was be only his mother that Des would meet.  Poor Brooks was probably just reading his cue cards and didn’t notice.  An editor should have caught that.  

There was more sloppiness at the picnic.  So far they’ve done a good job putting a blanket over their laps so hide anything untoward.  But while they were discussing Des’ “rose” list, she pulled the blanket entirely over herself.  So when her hand wandered over to his upper thigh it was very obvious. :detective

eusebeia

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:25 am

I heard that too and mentioned it . Weird right . They are on the same page and communicate but promos make him seem otherwise . Sounds like another Kona Fleiss Machine. I was thinking about all this talk about handlers and how they can manipulate the contestants . Well, we as the viewers have handlers too. CH for one. Editors for another . Always trying to sway us into believing them until the very end.
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by eusebeia Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:33 am

BarbB222 wrote:I heard that too and mentioned it . Weird right . They are on the same page and communicate but promos make him seem otherwise . Sounds like another Kona Fleiss Machine. I was thinking about all this talk about handlers and how they can manipulate the contestants . Well, we as the viewers have handlers too. CH for one. Editors for another . Always trying to sway us into believing them until the very end.

Barb--I missed your comment. But you've now said it far more succintly that I did!

eusebeia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:48 am

eusebeia wrote:Great speculation here--surely somebody will be right!

Anyway....

One of Brooks’ comments while they were walking through Liberty Park after the canoe adventure caught my attention.  Normally I discount VOs and PIs as simply being part of the Edit.  Sometimes they reflect what the person truly thinks. Sometimes they’re basically just scripted.  They don’t “prove” anything necessarily. (imho)  

But this particular VO really jumped out at me as not fitting the story they’re trying to tell us--and raised a whole slew of questions for me. scratch  

VO  I was really having a

PI    hard time in Madeira wondering if I really wanted to make this step.  And

VO    Desiree and I are on the same page of how we feel about each other and we’re open and communicating that.

PI  And I’m excited for what’s coming next.

VO  And really hopeful for what could actually come out of all of this.

PI  And I’m really excited for her to meet my family.  

The Edit in Madeira was that Brooks was behind in his feelings.  And even though Brooks says on camera, at the end of their HTD, that he’s closer to the “union of marriage” than he has ever been, once we get to CH’s interview with Desiree the emphasis again is on Brooks’ not having said I love you and being behind the other 3 men.  CH reinforced Brooks’ being behind in his blog, etc., etc.  And most of the posts I’ve read here and elsewhere seems to take that as a fact.

So what do we make of the bolded:   And Desiree and I are on the same page of how we feel about each other and we’re open and communicating that.

First of all, when did we see on the HTD—pre-meeting the family—Brooks and Des “open and communicating” that they are “on the same page of how we feel about each other.”  We get Brooks expressing his frustration at not being able to explore his feelings; we see Des reassure him by reading her list of “moments,” but there’s no conversation that we are shown.  The only thing I can think of is his “I’ll run” comment to her.  Is that it?   I don’t think so. I suspect they did talk about it and we didn’t see it.

Otherwise how does Brooks know he and Des are “on the same page of how we feel about each other”?  She’s not allowed to say she loves him, and she reports that he hasn’t said he loves her, so what exactly did they say and what does he think about the exact state of their feelings?  Maybe they “communicated” that they’re both approaching the finish line, but again we never saw it.  

Which raises another question:  Are we supposed to believe that Desiree told CH, the producers, the camera crew and whomever else that she loves Brooks but did not tell HIM?  She told CH in Madeira that she didn’t tell Brooks her feelings because he hadn’t said ILY yet—as if that was something she COULD do, that she wouldn’t be in breach of her contract if she did.  So what are we to think would happen if Brooks did confess his love for her?  That she would say “mm hmm”?:greenman: 

So how did we get Brooks saying that VO line that he and Des are “on the same page of how we feel about each other,” which directly contradicts the edit that he’s behind?  It’s not like it was some real-time dialogue that slipped through—it’s a voiceover that was deliberately spliced in.  Maybe it was a  mistake?  There is an obvious mistake earlier in that segment, when Brooks refers to Desiree “meeting my parents and my family.”  Now maybe at some point there was some consideration to flying his father up from Texas, but the producers certainly knew it was be only his mother that Des would meet.  Poor Brooks was probably just reading his cue cards and didn’t notice.  An editor should have caught that.  

There was more sloppiness at the picnic.  So far they’ve done a good job putting a blanket over their laps so hide anything untoward.  But while they were discussing Des’ “rose” list, she pulled the blanket entirely over herself.  So when her hand wandered over to his upper thigh it was very obvious. :detective
i'm almost wondering now if their big conflict isn't about his feelings being behind but whoever is at his door at the st. james. we still don't know what that is about. is it some external crisis at home or someone from his life unexpectedly showing up or what? after the last epi it's hard to believe he's so behind that he needs to go home. maybe they do just have some huge misunderstanding at the FD but that doesn't sound like a believable scenario right now. maybe it will be believable when we see it. from the previews, which of course may be totally telling us the opposite of what will happen, it looks like someone unexpectedly shows up at his door with some news, he's really upset about it and what to do, he goes and meets with des at the verandah for their FD where he does not look all excited to see her but more serious, then he tells her how much he cares for her but has to leave. that would be why he leaves in a t-shirt in the limo and des has her breakdown. 

i agree that it is a big muddle over whether or not he is behind because he is "running" & even mentioned marriage at the end of his HTD but is not saying ILY yet. i think brooks thinks they are on the same page but he's still behind compared to the other guys. so, it's tptb deciding he is behind because he hasn't uttered those 3 little words yet. i definitely don't think des will say it back unless it is at the very end like LCD. the lead is usually discouraged from saying it altho sometimes they do late in the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:54 am

eusebeia wrote:
BarbB222 wrote:I heard that too and mentioned it . Weird right . They are on the same page and communicate but promos make him seem otherwise . Sounds like another Kona Fleiss Machine. I was thinking about all this talk about handlers and how they can manipulate the contestants . Well, we as the viewers have handlers too. CH for one. Editors for another . Always trying to sway us into believing them until the very end.

Barb--I missed your comment.  But you've now said it far more succintly that I did!

Just another thought. I just watched to RC after Zak let go. Brooks said I think he didn't see that coming and ChrisS says I think he built up I thought he built up a pretty good relationship with her. No wonder Brooks is so messed up. Everytime he figures out his feelings it gets messed up. It's not about his love for Des. It's about his uncertainty about the other two. He thinks he built up a pretty good relationship with Des too but can end up like Zak in his mind.

Last edited by BarbB222 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
BarbB222
BarbB222

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:03 am

Desiree Admits She Made The Right Choice
“I followed and trusted my heart the best I could,” said Des. “I was looking for someone who was going to be spontaneous and adventurous while still being very supportive and and caring. And someone who ultimately can understand me and be my best friend.”
BarbB222
BarbB222

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:10 am

Brooks sister in law said on twitter tonight she pictures him with someone who is "super witty, easy-going and easy to talk to" Who fits all of those descrptions?.... :)  ........

Last edited by MonicaJM2001 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:13 am

Yes and Des says she picked someone adventurous and spontaneous . Hmm. Where have we heard that description before ? Oh yeah. Des telling Brooks' mom about the qualities she loves about Brooks. Is it really so way off as round peg goes in the round hole?
BarbB222
BarbB222

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:23 am

MonicaJM2001 wrote:Brooks sister in law said on twitter tonight she pictures him with someone who is "super witty, easy-going and easy to talk to" Who fits all of those descrptions?.... :)  ........

Doesn't it seem that towards the end of the season the F1 and Lead start throwing out more hints? Like the Lead cannot contain their feelings anymore and give out more info and wants to send clear hints who she's with. Des follows her mom on twitter and her mom follows TeamBres. I like it.
BarbB222
BarbB222

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:23 am

BarbB222 wrote:Desiree Admits She Made The Right Choice
“I followed and trusted my heart the best I could,” said Des. “I was looking for someone who was going to be spontaneous and adventurous while still being very supportive and and caring. And someone who ultimately can understand me and be my best friend.”

Bres "get" each other.

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 59 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Thread #11

+50
nutty1
pander3575
Hotmomma
sdmom
Bhaka