SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 9 - General Media - Discussion

Page 2 of 48 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 9 - General Media - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 9 - General Media - Discussion

Post by atem Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Here is the transcript for James' interviews!

HELP

Select a specific HELP topic:

Finding & Downloading Assets
Update User Profile
Forgot My Username/Password
Technical Info.
Navigation Help
Registration Help
Video Help

FORGOT PASSWORD |

REGISTER |

Click here to log in |

Shows

Primetime
666 Park Avenue
Back in the Game
Betrayal
Body of Proof
Castle
Family Tools
The Goldbergs
Grey's Anatomy
How to Live with Your Parents (For the Rest of Your Life)
Killer Women
Last Man Standing
Lucky 7
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
The Middle
Mind Games
Mistresses
Mixology
Modern Family

Primetime (cont.)
Motive
Nashville
The Neighbors
Once Upon a Time
Once Upon a Time in Wonderland
Resurrection
Revenge
Rookie Blue
Scandal
Suburgatory
Super Fun Night
Trophy Wife
Zero Hour

Alternative
America's Funniest Home Videos
The Bachelor
The Bachelorette
Bet On Your Baby
Celebrity Wife Swap
Dancing with the Stars
Dancing with the Stars: The Results Show
Extreme Weight Loss
Final Witness
The Quest
Shark Tank
Splash
The Taste
Whodunnit?
Wife Swap
Wipeout

ABC News
20/20
ABC World News with David Muir
ABC World News with Diane Sawyer
ABCNews.com
ABC News Now
ABC's The Lookout
America This Morning
Good Afternoon America
Good Morning America
Good Morning America: Weekend Edition
News Correspondents and Reporters
News Executives
Nightline
Primetime
This Week with
George Stephanopoulos
Top Line
What Would You Do?
World News Now

Late Night
Jimmy Kimmel Live
Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night

Daytime
The Chew
General Hospital
The View

Specials
Toy Story of Terror

Photos
Video
Audio
Schedule
Press Releases
Executives
Contacts
Other Press Sites

DATG Press Sites

Disney|ABC Television Group
ABC Family
ABC Studios
Disney Channel
Disney Junior
Disney XD
Disney|ABC Domestic Television
Hyperion
Radio Disney
SOAPnet

Sports
ESPN / ABC Sports Press Site

Requests

Request a specific photo or video clip:

Photo Request
Video Clip Request

Friday, June 21, 2013
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
TRANSCRIPT FROM THE JUNE 20 "THE BACHELORETTE" TELECONFERENCE WITH JAMES
Print This Document
note: To use this function, upgrade your browser: Quick Download

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE JUNE 20 "THE BACHELORETTE" TELECONFERENCE WITH JAMES
"The Bachelorette" airs MONDAYS (8:00 p.m. - 10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Operator: Welcome to the Disney's "The Bachelorette" call with Cathy Rehl as the leader. This call is being recorded. By staying on this call, you are confirming that you consent to this recording. If you do not wish to be recorded, please disconnect from the call at this time. Thank you.

Miss Rehl, you may begin.

Cathy Rehl: Thanks, everybody. Welcome to another conference call with one of our - this time, James is not eliminated, this is James Case. He's on the phone from Chicago, and he had a wonderful opportunity this past week in Atlantic City for a very different kind of date with Desiree and just thought you'd all like to talk to him. Again, he's still in the hunt, still there competing for Desiree attention and her heart. And we can start the questions. It's one question and a follow up, to remind you. And we can start now.

Operator: Ladies and gentlemen, to ask a question, please press star then the number one on your telephone keypads. Again, star, one to ask your question. Your first question comes from Gina Scarpa from RealityWanted.com.

Gina Scarpa: Hey, James. How are you?

James Case: I'm wonderful, thank you. Happy Thursday.

Gina Scarpa: Oh, thanks. So, I was wondering what your initial reaction was when you found out what your data was going to entail because, like Cathy said, it was really different than anything we've seen on the show before.

James Case: Yes, absolutely. I was - I was - I was very excited. Desiree and I have been talking, you know, here and there throughout the episodes and I think she just kind of felt like the type of person I was and, you know, the whole, you know, Mr. America thing, I think that'd been, you know, a wonderful experience. But, I don't know, it fits my background. I come from an urban economic background, urban planning, very charitable person and I just - I don't know, I think she just kind of felt my heart and who I was, and I was very excited to be able to experience that with her.

Gina Scarpa: And when you talked to her afterwards about the past mistakes in your relationship, do you feel like that was the right time to bring it up and do you think the conversation went the way you wanted it to?

James Case: No, absolutely. You know, I'm a very honest and straight-forward person. And, you know, it was a big part of my life. We were just talking about relationships in general and, you know, where we've gone and what - you know, what we've learned from our past relationships, you know? And I was just explaining to her, you know, the reason why I'm - you know, I came onto the show, well one of the reasons is that, you know, as a man, I know what I want in life now and it takes a lot to learn that. And that it was just something that came up and I was in a long relationship, and I thought that I should disclose that to her and I did.

Gina Scarpa: Great. Thank you so much.

James Case: Sure, no problem.

Operator: Your next question comes from Beth Kwiatkowski from "Reality TV World."

Beth Kwiatkowski: Hi, James. How are you doing?

James Case: Hi, Beth. I'm doing fine, thank you.

Beth Kwiatkowski: Good. So, I'm assuming you can't talk too much about it, but the previous or upcoming episodes and some comments Chris Harrison had made recently have suggested the show is going to position you with someone who came onto "The Bachelorette" for the wrong reasons. So, do you think that's accurate or were you misrepresented with that?

James Case: I'm not - I'm not too sure how I can answer that question. I just hope people will judge me on the merit and who I am and what they've - what they've seen, you know, this far. But, you know, things can be said, things can be done, and you just - you just have to roll with the punches, you know? I signed up for this and you just got to go - you got to just roll with it. But, yes, it's just real hard to answer some of these questions. I'm sure you respect that.

Beth Kwiatkowski: Yes, absolutely. So, I guess -

James Case: Stay tuned, right?

Beth Kwiatkowski: Yes, I'm sure. Why did you originally apply for "The Bachelorette" then? Like, you know, did you go on the show for love? Like, what was your thought process making -

James Case: I was - I was approached when I walked out of the office here. And, you know, at first, I had just taken a job at Bank Rate(?) and I was - I was actually really scared. And so - because I love what I do. I'm in digital marketing. So, I actually love what I do and I'm just very blessed to be in the position that I am and so I didn't want to affect that. And, you know, so I talked to my parents and I talked with everybody. I'm single. I'm living in a new city. It's hard to find, you know - you know, a woman to date here.

It's just - I don't know, it's been difficult for me with work and, I don't know, it just felt like a great opportunity. There are multiple reasons why I chose to go on that show but one of them, obviously, is to find love. Who says you can't find it in the street, in a bar or on TV? And the whole experience in itself. If someone says it's just for love, they have to be crazy, you know? I mean, it - there's lots of opportunities. I got to travel the world. I got to do a lot of things that a lot of other people aren't able to do and so I took advantage of that and I had an awesome time.

Beth Kwiatkowski: Great. Thanks, James.

James Case: Yes, ma'am. Thank you.

Operator: Your next question comes from Katrina Wightman from "Digital Spy."

Katrina Wightman: Hi, James. Hi.

James Case: Hi, how are you?

Katrina Wightman: I'm good, thank you. I wanted to ask you, because obviously it does look like there's a lot of drama next week, but what were your feelings for Des as this point?

James Case: I had an absolutely wonderful time with her. I thought that we made an unbelievable connection. And I think that the two words that sum up Desiree are humble and selfless. She's just an awesome person. And I don't know, I really did start to, you know, have a lot of feelings for her, at that point.

Katrina Wightman: OK. And also, I just had to ask you about the thing with you in the bubble bath. I mean, is that generally how you spend your alone time?

James Case: No, ma'am. We were having some fun, you know? All the guys were out of the house. I was enjoying the - I was enjoying the - I was enjoying the time alone without, you know, all those guys and all the testosterone in the house. So, I was - I was just enjoying my - enjoying myself.

Katrina Wightman: Brilliant. Thank you so much.

James Case: Thank you.

Operator: Your next question comes from Emily Newman from "OK!" magazine.

Emily Newman: Hi, James. How are you?

James Case: Good afternoon, Emily. How are you?

Emily Newman: I'm good. So, obviously, you're still in the running, at this point. But let's say that Des doesn't pick you. Who do you think that Des should pick and why if it's not you?

James Case: If it wasn't me, who do I think? You know, the guys - all the guys are great guys in the house. You know, I feel like, you know, there's a lot of - there's a lot of attention to Brooks. I don't - you know, I - it's a hard - it's a hard - it's a hard question. I think she's a smart - a smart girl. And I think she's going to pick the person that best fits her. But if I had to probably pick, it might be Brooks.

Emily Newman: Yes, and what do you think that she's looking for in her Prince Charming?

James Case: I - you know, she's looking for a good, honest man, a Christian man, and somebody that's - you know, that's a giving person and that has ambition and that, you know, that's just a loving person, that has, you know, great values, family values. Those are the - probably the top feelings that I feel that, you know, I got from her.

Emily Newman: Yes, awesome. Thanks so much.

James Case: Yes, ma'am.

Operator: Your next question comes from Kara Spak from "Chicago Sun Time."

Kara Spak: Hey, James. How are you?

James Case: Hey, you're a "homey?"

Kara Spak: Yes, exactly. So, I actually wanted to follow up on something you said earlier. So, you were just walking out of work and somebody from "The Bachelorette" approached you on the streets of Chicago? Like, -

James Case: Yes. - that's right. Yes, I was -

Kara Spak: Where you and who was the -

James Case: It was just a - I guess like a producer of a sort and - or a scout from the - I guess one of the - you know, I guess just one of the peoples who are looking for different contestants. And they tapped me on the shoulder and asked me if I'd be interested. And I was right here on Franklin and Adams - coming out of the Franklin and Adams building.

Kara Spak: OK. And are you hanging out with the other - there was a big Chicago contingent this year, which is why I'm in this call. Do you see Mikey or the magician or Will?

James Case: I have not -

Kara Spak: - now that you're back in reality?

James Case: - I have not, at this point. You know, we're not allowed to really communicate with each other until -

Kara Spak: OK.

James Case: - So, you know, it's just one of those things that, you know, you stay away from each other but (inaudible.) I haven't yet, but I hope to see them all. They're all great, great guys.

Kara Spak: Did you guys hang out at the - like, did the Chicago thing kind of bond you on the show or not really?

James Case: Yes, of course, you know, when you're from the same city, you have those same qualities and you know kind of the same people and you know the same territory and so there's a lot of commonalities that you can - you know, you can relate on. And so, absolutely.

Kara Spak: OK. And if you are single, which we don't know until the show's - where would the women of Chicago find you, after hours? Where should we meet you?

James Case: After hours? I don't know.

Kara Spak: Where do you like to go?

James Case: I'm a - you know, I enjoy this whole entire city. I mean, if it's not, you know, a local pub here in Chicago or one of the clubs or at the lake or walking down Lake Shore Drive or shopping. I mean, it just depends on any given day here. There's so much to do here in Chicago, you know that. I don't - I don't think I have one favorite spot, to tell you the truth. I just enjoy the city. It's a beautiful city, especially the summer.

Kara Spak: All right, thanks.

James Case: Thank you very much.

Operator: Your next question comes from Sasha Laferte from "US Weekly."

Sasha Laferte: Hi, Brad. How are you?

James Case: Hi, -

Sasha Laferte: James, sorry.

James Case: - how are you?

Sasha Laferte: Sorry.

James Case: I thought you said, hey, bud.

Sasha Laferte: Sorry.

James Case: It's OK.

Sasha Laferte: So, my first question is, I've been watching the show and you guys seem kind of like the most fit group of contestants so far. You guys all have great bodies and I was wondering kind of how often all the contestants are hitting the gym?

James Case: Sure. You know, it's really important - I think, you know, health is really important and I - and it's one of the things that I actually even mentioned, you know, to Desiree. There's five things that I think makes a man and of them is to be in good health and one of them, family values, you know, strong with your family, strong with - strong in your faith, happy with work life.

And, again, you know, I think the other topic, like I said, is just being in great health and feeling good about yourself. And I think most of the guys there were all in that same category, so we all tried to - I was the cook at the house. We would all - we would all cook, you know, different - at different times. You know, the (fan) and the fish, they're - the egg whites and we would all go outside and, you know, do our push-ups, sit-ups and run and try to keep as fit as we could in the house. But, you know, it was - it was a lot of fun. So, you know the cocktails by the pool didn't help it out, but I think it was very - I think it was very important to all of us, to answer your question.

Sasha Laferte: That's awesome. So, you were talking kind of about the camaraderie with the other guys but it seems that in the next episode with the previews that some of the other guys are making allegations that you're saying that you are there to become the next Bachelor rather than for Desiree. And I was just wondering if you could kind of speak to that.

James Case: Sure. You know, I can't say much but except stay tuned to that part but, I mean, you know, allegations are allegations and you just have to watch and you'll have to see for yourself at the end of the day, you know. I know who I am and that's all that matters. And my family and friends know who I am and, you know, that's what matters. Nothing else really matters to me. So, it's - it was a fun experience. I enjoyed every second of it. And, you know - you know, it's just hard for me to continue on with that question because, you know, the show is not - the show is not over yet.

Sasha Laferte: Thank you.

James Case: Sure.

Operator: Your next question comes Romancia Walcott from "TV After Dark."

Romancia Walcott: Hi, James. How are you?

James Case: Hi, Miss Wilcox. I'm fine, thank you. How are you?

Romancia Walcott: I'm doing well. So, I guess since you can't quite answer that question about being the - you know, there for the right reasons, as far as "Bachelorette." Have you - if you were asked to be the next Bachelor, would you turn it down?

James Case: At this point, I have - I am - I am very happy with my career, Miss Wilcox. I really am. I'm in digital marketing, very blessed to be in this and be my age and have the opportunities that come forth, so it would be a very, very difficult decision. You know, going on a show like that, you - you're - you open up yourself to a lot of different things, which is great, too, because I'm an entrepreneur.

But at the same time, like, you know, it - you - if you - let's say I did go on it. My whole family has to accept that. My - all my friends have to accept that, you know? It's a - it would be a big - it would be a very, very big decision. But I wouldn't be willing not to say I wouldn't, you know, or I would or whatever. You know, you guys will have to stay tuned and watch. I mean, I'm still in this, you know? So, you guys have to keep watching.

Romancia Walcott: You know, and there's also a lot of contention with the men against Ben. Are you one of the men that thinks Ben is there for the wrong reasons?

James Case: You know, no, not at all. I mean, you know, everybody comes in to this show, you know, somewhat with a strategy, I would say. I don't think - I think a majority of us just came in, you know, to see if we could find love, to see what it was all about, right? And I think that Ben came in with kind of a different approach. But who's to say, you know, he's wrong for that approach, you know? He wasn't there to make the friends. He was there to see if he could find love and move on.

And, you know, so he didn't - he didn't realize how it was all going to play out with -- you know, with the friendships that were made. So, I just think he approached it a little wrong. But at the end of the day, you know - you know, Desiree has to be the judge of everybody's character to her best ability and I think that her intuition is very, very strong.

Romancia Walcott: And, finally, the last question. Are there any specific persons you get along with more in the house?

James Case: I honestly get along with just about everybody on the show. My absolutely best buddies would probably be Bryden and Mikey who are just very, very true men who come from great families. We all know Bryden is an ex-military guy, he's just a man of morals and respect, and so those two gentlemen there are probably two of my favorites. But I could say a lot about Dan Cox and Drew and the rest of the guys on that show as well. You know, they were all - they were all great guys.

Romancia Walcott: Thank you, James. We look forward to seeing you next episode.

James Case: OK. Thank you very much. Take care.

Romancia Walcott: OK.

Operator: Your next question is a follow up from Beth Kwiatkowski from "Reality TV World."

Beth Kwiatkowski: Hi, again, James.

James Case: Hello.

Beth Kwiatkowski: So, you opened up to Desiree, you know, how you had cheated on your ex-girlfriend during college. I guess, did you anticipate that Des would forgive you and still give you a rose or did her reaction actually surprise you? Like, did you kind of go into that conversation thinking, like, she's probably going to send me home after hearing this.

James Case: No. You know, I - you know, I was just - I'm a very open person. And I'm very truthful and I think it's just - sometimes it's a downfall that I'm so truthful, you know? But just was open with it. And what do you do? I mean, at least I'm being honest. And if she wants an honest person, then, you know - then, I'm being that person. I didn't really think about it. I just was being an honest - I was just being honest. That's just who I am. That's how I was brought up to be. And that's what I was being is just honest.

It came up at the right point and, you know, it was about relation - we were talking about relationships and one of my relationships, I was with somebody for five years and it was a big part of my life she's a great person and, you know, I was a little - I was more hesitant after I said it going, 'wow, I hope that, you know, my ex isn't, like, totally shocked or falls out of her chair that I denoted that on national TV.'

But at the same time, all I was thinking about was sharing with Desiree who I am, you know? It's hard to get those moments. There are a lot of guys that are, you know, trying to talk to her and, you know, you want her to know everything that you can possibly denote to her. And at that moment, unfortunately, that's what I spoke about. But it wasn't - well, I can't say unfortunately but it was fortunate, too. I did what I had to do and say what I had to say and I was honest.

Beth Kwiatkowski: OK. And Chris Harrison told "TV Guide" that he thinks the factor one-on-one date with Des) was so intense and emotional, you know, regarding the tour of hurricane of destruction and everything that that supposedly played a big role in why you got the date's rose. I guess, what's your response to that? Do you agree with Chris that maybe the special date helped you get the rose or do you feel the gesture was 100 percent based on your connection with her?

James Case: Oh, absolutely 100 percent on our connection. You know, you only - you only see parts of what's going on, you know? There's a lot of content there. And, you know, you don't - you don't see us, you know, kissing and, you know, the Dunkin' Donuts or whatever, you know what I mean? I mean, we were - we were very - we had a great relationship. We have - we have a great relationship, you know? So, I think that's absolutely bogus. We had - we had a good time together, Desiree and I.

Beth Kwiatkowski: OK, great. Thanks, James.

Operator: Your next question comes from Kara Spak from "Chicago Sun Times."

Kara Spak: Now, hey, James, I don't want to beat a dead horse here but somebody said, hey, you know, we're looking forward to next week. I mean, you were kind of the hero in this week's episode because (inaudible) act and Jan and Manny were super cute.

James Case: (On Wednesday).

Kara Spak: But you're looking - you know, you're being set up to be the goat, it looks like, for next week's episode. So, is there a part of you that's dreading watching those?

James Case: No, not at all.

Kara Spak: You're usually in control.

James Case: No, no, not at all. I can't wait. And, you know, I can't wait for more questions from you guys about it. It's - you know, again, we're going - we're going to all have to watch it and see how it all plays out. But at the end of the day, again, like, I'm very secure with myself and I'm - you know, I'm a man of God and I know who I am and what's going to - you know, kind of what's going to happen. But at the same time, I'm just - I mean, what can I - what can I do, you know? I'm - I went on the show and it was - I have no regrets whatsoever. So, you know, I - it's hard - it's hard - it's hard to answer your question because I can't really denote about what's going to happen next week and what's not. But -

Kara Spak: Yes.

James Case: - no, ma'am. I'm very secure with myself. I'm an honest person. I know who I am. And like I said before, my parents, my friends know who I am. And so, I'm just really not worried about it.

Kara Spak: Are you getting any attention, like, when you're walking around Chicago? People are, like, there's James, the bachelor.

James Case: Yes. I was just telling Cathy this morning, a guy came up to me and, you know, double looked, triple looked, and then came up to me and my first - my first fan was a 72-old-man who's been watching it with his wife. That was the first week. And then - I thought that was cute. But, yes, I mean, I'll walk into a bar, or I'll walk down the street, and people will stop me and ask me for pictures and stuff like that. And it's a cool - you know, it's cool, it's different. But, you know, it's kind of hard to swallow sometimes but it's been fun so far.

Kara Spak: All right, thanks.

James Case: Yes, ma'am.

Operator: Your next question comes from Emily Newman from "OK!" magazine.

Emily Newman: Hi, again, James.

Emily Newman: So, what is the best thing - or your best memory up to this point that we didn't get to see on air so far?

James Case: I don't - am I - I don't know if I'm allowed to answer that question on - Cathy, am I - is that OK?

Cathy Rehl: Well, you should talk about - I don't know. I wasn't there, OK? So, I don't know what you're -

James Case: Right, right. I mean, I can say - I mean, all fair, I mean, I can say what it is as long as I'm - it's OK. I didn't know if that was something against, like, off-air stuff.

Cathy Rehl: (If there's) -

James Case: Best memory off air. I don't know what - let's see. Gosh. We've - I mean, I don't know. Mikey is one funny guy. And so is Mike G. And those guys, they are just - I can't really explain it. I don't know if you would really get it but I think I was asked in an interview about something - I think one of you guys asked, like, about health and (inaudible) food or something like that. And I had told Mikey - or Mike G., the prosecuting lawyer, about it and he was one of my bunk mates. He's a real funny guy, a real smart guy.

And I said something to him and - I said something about protein and one of the producers asked me about it or something. And Michael said, you know what, man? I would've named every single protein atom in the body and then he started rattled off and - in order from A to Z. And to be able to do that, you have to be super intelligent, you know? Mike (inaudible), I mean, he was just going at it and I just literally fell out on the floor laughing.

And then, Mikey came in and, you know, of course, you - they're all in - you know, everybody's into - you know, they're working out and they're health and listening to Mike G. just rattle everything off and all these, you know, scientific words in alphabetical order, it was just - it was nuts. And so, that was one of my favorite moments just like a - like a bonding moment that we - I thought that was, you know, funny. But there are little things here and there. I - we were all racing up a hill. I pulled both of my hamstrings and got made fun of for the rest of the week for that. But, I mean, you know, just little things like that were fun.

Emily Newman: Awesome. Thanks so much.

James Case: Sure, no problem.

Operator: Your next question is a follow up from Romancia Walcott from "TV After Dark."

Romancia Walcott: Hi there, James, again. I wanted to kind of touch back on your trip to Atlantic City where you saw the devastation that's going on in Sandy and the couple that you met. After the - you know, after you gave the - you and Desiree gave the (inaudible), how was - during the dance - during that dance (request), what did you come away from that after watching that happen? Seeing transition of the devastation and then seeing what you guys did.

James Case: Well, you know, there are a lot of feelings. Like we said, like, I think Desiree even said it, you know, this is going to be James' first time and her first time in a helicopter ride, I believe, or maybe second time, I forget what it was at that point. But, you know, you want to be excited, right, for all these new things that you're feeling and then you see this devastation that eight months later is still - it's still - I mean, it's still horrible there. And going through those emotions and trying to enjoy your time and - but at the same time, you're getting to experience something that is just out of this world. And the different emotions were going up and down. It was - it was amazing.

And then, getting to - you know, getting our date, watching two people that have never been in - you know, even been in a limo before, what, the mid-60s, was a special feeling. And it was - it was rewarding and it was heartfelt and it was just a blessing to be able to even - to even be a part of that date. And dancing and having those moments not only Manny and his wife but with Desiree.

I think that you kind of saw some of the little clips that you - of us talking while we were dancing. And all that - all that I could say to her is thank you so much. Like, I had such a great time and it was so heart feeling. And I couldn't be more - I was - I couldn't be more happy at that moment, to tell you the truth. It was just an unbelievable experience to see that go through, walk with the Red Cross, and experience those emotions.

Romancia Walcott: Have you shared those feelings with the men and were anyone seemingly threatened by - and, obviously, because it's a very unique experience.

James Case: Yes, for sure. No, for sure. And, yes, for sure. I did and, you know, you're not used to that, right? You know, to - you come back and, you know, you have to be careful because you don't - people get jealous or they get, you know - you know, they start worrying and it creates - it creates its own, you know, little drama.

But, yes, I share - of course, I shared. I was happy, you know? I was - I mean, I had gotten the rose. I had an unbelievable connection with Desiree. Like, there are so many different feelings. I affected two people's lives. I got to see something that nobody else got to see and an experience with a helicopter. There were jjust so many emotions going through me. But, yes, you come back and you - you know, you talk about how great and you're on cloud nine. And first off, I got a one-on-one date and not everyone gets a one-on-one date, you know? You guys know that. And so, I - it was - it was - it a crazy experience. And, yes, I let people know.

Romancia Walcott: Thank you.

Operator: Your next question is a follow up from Beth Kwiatkowski from "Reality TV World."

Beth Kwiatkowski: James, I know you mentioned earlier in the call, you were kind of worried about your ex-girlfriend, you know, seeing the conversation unfold between yourself and Desiree about your past relationship history. If you don't mind me asking, like, what kind of terms are you on now with the ex-girlfriend? Like, is there bad blood or were you able to work things out at least on a friendship level?

James Case: Oh, sure. Oh, no, we're - she's getting - actually, she just got engaged. And - no, I mentioned to her that - you know, I had to, you know, being I kind of denote to her what was going to possibly be said. And, you know, she's, like, 'James, I forgave you a long time ago and it was a long time ago and there's no hard feelings for you saying that.' And, no, we're buddies. She actually lives a few houses down or used to live a few houses down from my mother.

So, you know, we're all good acquaintances. Her dad is my insurance agent, so, you know, I - we're all - we're all - we're all very, very, I wouldn't say close, but we dated for five and a half years. We're fine, you know, it just didn't work out, unfortunately. It just wasn't right. You know, we dated very early in age and stayed together for a long time and I still have a lot of love for her and for her family. And we're - I wouldn't say we're buddies but we're friends, you know? We help each other out. She'll call me for a favor here and there or I'll call her and, you know - you know, for this or whatever. I'll call her family still. I'm very - I'm very close with all my exes or not close but I have relationships with them all still.

Beth Kwiatkowski: OK, great. And ABC has put out a press release for next week's episode suggesting you and Brooks weren't exactly best friends. But I know you mentioned earlier in the call, you know, if it can't be you, you wouldn't mind Desiree ending up with Brooks. And when we spoke with Brandon last week, he also had great things to say about Brooks. So, I guess, what was your general opinion of him while you were on the show?

James Case: You know, again, I was friends with everybody. He - you know, he's not a - he's not a bad guy. And you have to - you have to think of it like this, too, I mean, this is a - this is - these are experiences that you don't - like, people have to understand that you're trying to date one girl and you have 20 something odd guys, you know what I mean? And at the end of the day, you're, like, I think, you know, at first, you know, your first few weeks, you know, you don't think of it - you're - as a competition, right? You're just - you're there. You're enjoying the moment.

But then, people start getting dates and feelings really start to get - you know, the feelings get all over the place. People are ups and downs and all around and they don't if they're going to get let go or whatever. And then, things start to happen. Things - if you're not strong with your character, right, if you don't have good character and you don't have a good sense of self, then you can - you can destroy yourself in a certain way.

And, you know, if people - people might start, you know, talking bad about somebody else because, you know, it starts to become that competition feeling, you know? And they're trying to do anything they can to be on top and, unfortunately, there are things, you know, throughout that whole season that people - you know, the feelings start to get mixed around and I can guarantee you that at the end of the day, it's like every other show that has passed by and everyone's going to be friends again and it's all good, you know? We just hope that - you know, that everybody's happy at the end of it.

Beth Kwiatkowski: Great. Thanks, James.

James Case: Sure. Thank you.

Operator: And I show no further questions at this time.

Cathy Rehl: Thanks, everybody. I appreciate all the questions. And as James said, stay tuned. There'll be lots of drama to write about in the next, well, more than several weeks. At any rate, if you have any questions, please give me a call at 212-456-6749 or e-mail me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Otherwise, we hope to be back with you next week. Thanks, everybody.

Operator: Ladies and gentlemen, this does conclude today's conference. Thank you for participating. You may now disconnect.

END

© 2013 American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.
All rights reserved.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 9 - General Media - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 9 - General Media - Discussion

Post by melisma Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:36 pm

James said, "I got to travel the world...."

Am I wrong?  I think he went to Altantic City, New Jersey and Munich, Germany.  If THAT is traveling the world, then I have done the same.  Unfortunately, I feel as if I have barely gone anywhere!!  LOL

melisma

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:40 pm

He slipped up several times. He said 'we had a great connection' and tried to cover it up, but that was too late.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:32 pm

nymeria wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Chris seems to find everything 'interesting' with this show. Whether it is or not is another thing! giggling

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:42 pm

atem wrote:
nymeria wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Chris seems to find everything 'interesting' with this show. Whether it is or not is another thing! giggling

Hahaha I agree. It's almost like he is married to that word. Interesting this, Interesting that...

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:41 pm

News/ Why Is The Bachelorette So Slow? Chris Harrison Explains!

Not even men in Speedos and platform heels can help it!

As you may have heard, ABC's The Bachelorette is having its lowest-rated season ever, starting off with an all-time-low premiere last month, and dipping even lower in its latest episode—despite featuring a ridiculously entertaining (and scantily clad) "Mr. America" pageant among all the men.

So what gives? Is reigning rose-giver Desiree Hartsock that boring?!

Not so! At least according to host Chris Harrison, who just chatted us up to reveal the show will "turn a corner" very soon. "It becomes incredibly dramatic and emotional," he promises. "It's a wild, emotional ride toward the end."

For the record, Harrison blames the ratings woes mostly on the show's Memorial Day premiere slot, which he calls a "nightmare," saying: "They literally could not have picked a worse time! We were also up against the final three weeks of The Voice. When I found out I was like, ‘Great, I won't even be watching the premiere!' But it speaks to the confidence that ABC has in the franchise."

Harrison also puts part of the blame on Desiree's dating strategy—which she apparently borrowed from former Bachelor Sean Lowe.

"It's a slow start," Harrison admits of the current season. "I found with Des more than anybody that it's hard to find out who her front-runners are. I knew she liked some of the guys, but it was really hard to tell who she really falling for. It was harder to read her than others. It took a while before she really zeroed in on certain people. And it made my job challenging, to figure out what to ask her about, and where to go."

Like Sean before her, Harrison says 27-year-old Desiree was able to keep a very open mind throughout much of the season. "She was able to keep everybody separate and different, as if their date was the only one she had," the expert rose-counter explains. "It's smart if you think about it. You aren't putting all your eggs in one basket and then if that doesn't work out, regretting giving someone else a chance. Sean did a great job of it, and Des took a page out of his book and did the same thing."

In tonight's episode, Des and the guys travel to Munich, where she goes on a very tense, two-on-one date with Ben Scott (the one all the guys hate), and Michael Garofola (the one who hates him the most). And let's just say things do not end well. "There's much more drama with Ben that will drive the other guys crazy," Harrison teases. As with all two-on-dates, Desiree must eliminate at least one of the guys, but it's so awkward, "she considers letting them both go," per ABC.

And it doesn't get any easier from there. "Des really struggles," Harrison says of the rest of the season. "It's not easy. And it's not what anyone expects."

The Bachelor/Bachelorette is currently in its 26th season (really!) and 11th year. Out of seven prior Bachelorettes, two have gotten married to the men they picked on the show (Trista Rehn and Ashley Hebert).

Harrison, who has hosted the series since its inception, just launched a new video-based dating app called "At First Sight," along with Bachelor and Bachelorette executive producer Mike Fleiss. A promo video can be seen on You Tube.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:16 pm

So I guess if the ratings are bad tonight we can blame it on CBS reruns and NBC hockey.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:09 pm

Do you all think more viewers will tune into the Bachelorette tonight?
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Sorry, if this was already posted:

Donna Kauffman and Chris Harrison dish about 'Bachelorette'

Hello, Happening Blog Babes and dedicated Bachelorette viewers (both in and out of the Guilty Pleasure Closet. We know you're in there!). Don't panic, The Bachelorette didn't air early this week. My regular weekly episode dish will appear right here in this spot Tuesday morning as usual. This is Bonus Dish! I know! And a delicious dish it is, too.

Over the weekend, I had the chance to talk all things Bachelorette with the man himself. The guy who has guarded the mansion gates for the past 11 years and 27 total seasons. (Yes, it's been that long and that many, and yet we haven't aged a day!) The guy who has kept close watch on the rose count, wiped away copious quantities of tears, and kept our bachelors and bachelorettes from running screaming into the night by redirecting them to the nearest hot tub. Preferably not alone. Yes, I'm talking about the date-card-delivery guy, our always fabulous and dapper host, Chris Harrison!

Even more awesome? In addition to going behind the scenes in talking about the show, Chris also revealed that he and executive producer Mike Fleiss have expanded their desire to help singles become couples on television by launching their very own dating app. Yes, really! Now everybody can find their own hot tub honey bun. Hopefully a committed, lifelong hot tub honey bun, but, you know, your mileage may vary. Was I skeptical of this dating app, you ask? Do rose-ceremony rejectees cry as they climb into the limo of shame? Of course I was. But I checked out their At First Sight app, and you know what? I think Chris and Mike might be on to something here.

I'll let Chris tell you more about it, along with his insights regarding the show's long run and this season's bachelorette, Desiree, in our deliciously dishy Q&A:

Donna: In the 11 years since the show began, dating has changed a great deal in real life, as far as the digital age, the social age, etc. Have you found that people being open to meeting each other in new and different ways in real life has made the bachelors and bachelorettes on the show more open to meeting and falling in love in that kind of alternate environment?

Chris: Yes, absolutely. Eleven years ago there wasn't even a Myspace, much less Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. There weren't even blogs. So it's hugely different than when we began. You not only have a different group of people coming on the show, but the viewers are different, too. They expect a lot more out of their television shows, reality and otherwise. We pull back the curtain more now, show people exactly what we're doing. Viewers are more savvy than they used to be, they get out, people talk.

Donna: You've kept the process of the show pretty pure since the beginning, regarding the how they meet, how they date. You have expanded, going more international on the dates, but you also get more realistic as well. This season, we've seen Des go on a road trip with one of the guys and stop at a gas station for snacks. Far more realistic than it used to be in that sense. Is that what viewers want now? More reality with the fantasy?

Chris: Yes. If you look at the dates early on, what we showed was very different, much more skimming the surface. Whereas now we will show the good, the bad and the ugly. It's a lot more honest and open. The concept, we've learned, while perhaps not perfect is very, very good. The concept is also simple, it's two people dating, getting the chance of finding love, and that's really it. There are no surprises in the end, there's no catch. I think that's what has always set us apart.

But what we have shown over the last few years is more stories, more realistic stories. Say someone had a girlfriend on the show. Years ago, we would've, well, not covered it up, but maybe not given that guy a rose, and it would have just kind of gone away. Now we bring the girlfriend on the show, show the confrontation, the meltdown, and how it really played out. That's what the viewers demand now. And it would probably get out anyway —

Donna: That was my next question. Do you feel it's one of those things where you kind of have to now, because you don't want it getting out after the fact without you having responded to it honestly?

Chris: That was the lesson we learned with Roslyn years ago. She had a relationship with one of our producers and we handled it very delicately. For her sake, because she was a mom, and also for our sake, because we obviously weren't proud of it. So we kind of glossed over it, because we thought everyone understood, all the parties involved, hey —
Chris Harrison

Chris Harrison, host of "The Bachelorette."(Photo: Mark Leibowitz)

Donna: Let's keep our eye on the prize?

Chris: Yeah, we kind of glossed over it. You had a relationship with a staffer, it's not OK, you need to go. We should have gone a lot deeper into that, shown a lot more, because once we got down to it, she denied doing it, it was a pretty big mess. We could have handled it a lot — still delicate — but a lot more honestly. That was a lesson learned.

Donna: Over the last decade, I've watched both The Bachelor and The Bachelorette as a married person and as a single person, and I know it's given me a broader depth of perspective now of what they're going through. I know you're a happening bachelor yourself now, so do you find that that has changed your perception of and your identification with what both the bachelors and the bachelorettes are going through, both as the star of the show and as contestants?

Chris: I hope I always had an appreciation for what was going on and why people were coming on the show, but it has definitely changed since I've become single and started dating, myself. I think the first thing was just realizing why people come on the show in the first place. Because you see these beautiful, successful people and you think "why are you doing this?" And what I realized is, that's not the hard part, getting a date.

Donna: It's finding somebody you want to keep dating.

Chris: Yes! It's finding somebody you want to date twice. I guess I didn't realize. I was a little naïve and uneducated and being out there myself, it's finding somebody you want to date twice. And, coming on the show, you realize you're going to be around other pretty like-minded, successful ... and I think that's definitely something I have a better understanding of now.

Donna: Do you find you have a better handle, also, on the vulnerability they feel? Like, some contestants can open up faster and commit to the process a little sooner, whereas others may be feeling all of these things, but they don't want to say anything, because it is a vulnerable place to be.

Chris: Yes. Because you think to yourself, I'm on the first or second date, you really see people putting themselves out there, telling pretty deep stories, and I'm thinking to myself ... I don't know if I could do that yet. If I was on the show, would I be left behind? I definitely think about that. It does help me with my relationship with the bachelors and bachelorettes a lot more now when we sit down and have our deliberations, or even when we're just flying around the world, sitting in airport lounges together, you know, I can really talk to them about these guys and girls from a much more open perspective.

Donna: And a more immediate perspective, maybe, given you can more directly relate to what they're going through.

Chris: I'm glad I have both perspectives. You know, I had a wonderful, almost-20- year marriage, so I definitely know what the ultimate trophy is. I had an amazing experience, I have two beautiful children, and so I know that that is the prize, that is what we all want. I was there, and I would like to go back to the Super Bowl. And I want to help these people get there as well. So, yes, it gives me a much better perspective, and while I'm not exactly thankful for it, guess I'll take it.

Donna: I come from much the same place, having been a published author for the past 20-plus years, writing about relationships, about people falling in love from the perspective of being there, and (laughs) now, as a single person, also from the perspective of "wow, this is really hard."
The Bachelorette

Desiree Hartsock is this season's Bachelorette.(Photo: Rick Rowell, ABC)

Chris: (Laughs) Yeah, I'm sure there were some things I said over the last 10 years where I thought I was giving good advice and probably there were people out there dating thinking, "Sure, right. That's not what it's really like." Now I know.

Donna: So, with all of that, I know you have just this week launched a new dating app called At First Sight. I've had the chance to check out the video introduction on YouTube, and it looks wonderful and clever and seems right on point. Obviously, the show has brought a lot to your life in terms of thinking about dating and romance, and the past few years on a more personal level as well. So, how did you come at this? Why did you decide to do the app?

Chris: Mike Fleiss, the creator of the show, and I have talked about this for years. Many, many years. Pitching ideas back and forth, coming up with ideas. It just made so much sense to get involved in a dating site, with The Bachelor show and all, it was just good business sense. We thought that getting involved in a project of some kind with one of the already established online dating sites would be the best way and grow it from there. But the more we looked and dove into this, we just found them very antiquated. It seemed a huge step back from current technology, and the lessons we've learned from years of casting The Bachelor and Bachelorette.

Donna: One of the elements, speaking as a single adult who has tried online dating, that I liked was the video element you introduce with this app. Is that one of the specific things you wanted to do to make it more current, to modernize it?

Chris: Yes, we looked at the dating sites out there and, you know, you put up an old photo that we hope has been taken in the past 30 years, and there's this bio, like a piece of paper. Mike and I — we wouldn't even begin casting our show based on this, so why would people date like this? There's absolutely no way to find chemistry and find out if you're really interested in somebody. The way we do it on the show, we ask people very specific questions and you really get to know them. So what we've done with the app, is taken what we've learned on The Bachelor and Bachelorette when we cast the show, and what we know that you really want to see, is how people really find chemistry. And it's not a random video — hey, record yourself for 10 seconds — it's really a specific set of questions. If you watch the videos for any length of time — and I've watched a ton getting this going, I find it incredibly addicting and entertaining — you find people who really know where they are in life and they have a good job, maybe a child ... and then there's those younger (people), maybe more looking to have fun, "I don't know where I am in life, let's go run with the bulls!"

(Chris and Donna both laugh.)

Chris: You and I kind of chuckle at that, because that's not where we are in life, but someone else will watch that and think, "That's exactly where I am!"

Donna: I think one of the things your app has, is that it can appeal to the 50-year-old and the 20- year-old. Was that something you thought about?

Chris: Well, obviously it's going to appeal first to the younger audience, but my hope and dream is that — it's only a few days old yet — but that it will filter out and catch a much older crowd. Because, what you're talking about is helping people find others with like interests, same station in life. I hope everybody will embrace it. I know a lot of moms and dads, just from my own perspective, from my kids' school, who are dating online. I tested and talked to a lot of people before we got into this. Again, we've been doing this for years, but it was also talking to people who use the sites, what the pros and cons were, even down to the safety and security issues. Wanting people to feel safe and secure using (the app). Most dating sites, you can get inundated with hits and just run off. It can be intimidating, like walking into Yankee Stadium and saying, "Hey, everybody, right here!" It's overwhelming, and it doesn't really work like that. You can't find chemistry like that. So we limited the amount of people you can view per day.

Donna: Oh, really? I didn't know that.

Chris: Right. You're not going to get 50,000 hits in one day. What if the person you really want to be with is in there, but they're No. 39,000? You'll never get to him. So we limit it to a certain number a day, so you can actually enjoy, actually watch. If you find somebody interesting, you can talk. If not, you move on to the next day. You can look at a picture and think, "She's cute, that's a person I'd want to date," but then you watch the video and learn, oh, wow, we're in very different places in our lives. That's something that on a lot of the other dating sites, would take the actual date — that first awkward coffee shop date —

Donna: The not-date date. The date interview date.

Chris: (Laughs) Exactly. "This has been a colossal waste of time. I could have solved this watching 20 seconds of a video." So I think what we're doing is taking the one or two first, very awkward coffee dates off the table, and saving you a ton of time and, again, making it more safe and secure, so that, by the time you're communicating, you have a really good idea who these people are.

Donna: Before our time is up, I want to get a little dish on the current season. It's been, shall we say, a little dramatic. We've had girlfriends coming back, tension in the house with Ben, and now we see that James is going to have a little bit of a spotlight this coming week. James gave an interview this week where he said that anyone who says they're on the show and not open to perhaps any number of opportunities is perhaps being less than honest. Anything you want to share, or can share, about what's coming?

Chris: Sure. I mean, obviously you see what's going on with Ben, and that's not going to get any better. Things aren't just black-and-white. Is he a bad guy? No. He's a great guy, especially when he's around Des. But he's different around the guys. You don't know what defense mechanism that is, where that comes from, but obviously when he's around the guys, he's uncomfortable and maybe a little insecure and acts so different. It comes off as pompous, rude, or whatever, but obviously there's a reason behind it. But whatever the reason, it just drives the other guys crazy. That will continue. The James deal is very interesting, because, I think it's going to raise a great debate, and kind of a dilemma for Des, and for everyone on the show, and watching the show. And that is, what are people's true intentions, and can you say something, and try to be honest about it, but feel a different way. You'll know what I mean when you see it. He says some things where he feels like he's in the cone of silence, concentrating on the other guys, but the thing is, these other guys are very protective of Des. They're falling for her quickly. It's really a good group of men.
Bachelorette

"The Bachelorette" goes to Munich on tonight's episode.(Photo: Nick Ray, ABC)

Donna: The thing I've seen this season, is the guys seem extremely open to the process, they've really owned it, like "we're here, let's do this" really up for anything, open, thoroughly enjoying themselves. So far, anyway. It's early days, but they haven't been particularly aggressive, or testosterone-filled with each other, though I'm sure that will change as the numbers narrow. But, for now, they seem to be into it with Des, but also sort of bonding and pretty honestly enjoying getting to know each other as well. So I can see how James might have thought he was safe in saying whatever he wanted to, but when it gets down to it, it's either you or Des — who's going to win that confrontation?

Chris: Right. And that's the thing. James will definitely provide enough testosterone in the coming weeks for everybody.

(Chris and Donna both laugh.)

Chris: But these guys are really interesting. It's almost like the reverse, like we're doing The Bachelor with a bunch of bachelorettes, in that these guys have come in, and given themselves up to this. Early on, they're talking about really private and personal things. It's a very different dynamic than we've had in the past.

Donna: I've seen a difference in The Bachelorette this season, too. In Emily's season, she was this sweet, Southern girl, very down-to-earth, and viewers quickly took to her. Des was also very popular on her season of The Bachelor, is also very down-to-earth and the viewers love her, and yet she's also completely different from Emily. Viewers were very protective of Emily, whereas Des seems like she can really hold her own, and yet, viewers are also invested in her finding happiness. What is your take on the differences, and on Des?

Chris: With Emily, she did show she could hold her own, too.

(More laughing.)

Chris: But, yes, it was different, she was very sweet, very Southern, and — whether it's a double standard — when guys see a single mom, they are very protective. Des, early on, established control. The guys could tell right way that she's running the show. Sometimes when you do The Bachelorette, even though she's supposedly the one in charge, it's the guys who are still running the show. Des is really in control here.

Donna: Well, she sent a guy home the first night before the rose ceremony, then the girlfriend thing, and both happened early on. Was that what gave them the impression?

Chris: It was more than just that, it was how she handled it, too. Instead of being upset, distraught, crying, which has happened in the past with bachelorettes where they'll just be bawling, saying, "You're not here for the right reasons, just go!" Whereas Des was very matter of fact, very business-like about it. And I think the guys took notice of that.

Our time ran out then, but Chris did manage to let me know that Des' brother, who caused so much controversy during the last season of The Bachelor, does surface again later this season! My guess is it will be anything but calm and serene.

So, there you have it, Blog Babes! All the latest! Check back here Tuesday morning for the low-down (and it promises to be oh, oh so very low) on what happens on tonight's episode of The Bachelorette, airing on your happening ABC station at 8 p.m. ET.

In the meantime, if you check out the At First Sight app, dish a little on what you think about it. A new-and-improved path to finding love? Who's already making their videos? Tell me all!

Donna Kauffman is a USA TODAY best-selling romance author. Her latest release in her popular Cupcake Club series is Honey Pie. Her new series, The Bachelors of Blueberry Cove, launches this fall with Pelican Point. She loves to hear from readers and viewers! Her website is DonnaKauffman.com.

Link
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Love_Me wrote:Do you all think more viewers will tune into the Bachelorette tonight?

I would think by default it would now that the voice is over but they have really put pressure on themselves if it does not. I would stop encourage all the "viewing parties" and have everyone watch in their own homes instead! giggling
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:10 pm

Going up against the Stanley Cup, with Chicago able to close out the championship tonight. Might be rough.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 48 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 9 - General Media - Discussion

+61
misticia
Ariela
MiaHawk
veg_out
Baseball Mom