SELECT CONTENT

Episode 9 - 5/13 - DWTS 16 - Discussion - Spoilers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 9 - 5/13 - DWTS 16 - Discussion - Spoilers Empty Episode 9 - 5/13 - DWTS 16 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Love_Me Thu May 09, 2013 9:53 pm

Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Episode 9 - 5/13 - DWTS 16 - Discussion - Spoilers Empty Re: Episode 9 - 5/13 - DWTS 16 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by cimcoe Sat May 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Ingo/Kym - Samba & Charleston
Zendaya/Val - Quickstep & Hip Hop
Kellie/Derek - Argentine Tango & Flamenco
Aly/Mark - Rumba & Afro Jazz
Jacoby/Karina - ? & Lindy Hop

cimcoe
cimcoe

Female Posts : 1154

Back to top Go down

Episode 9 - 5/13 - DWTS 16 - Discussion - Spoilers Empty Re: Episode 9 - 5/13 - DWTS 16 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by cimcoe Sat May 11, 2013 2:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cimcoe
cimcoe

Back to top Go down

Post by cimcoe Sat May 11, 2013 3:00 pm

Mark Ballas' 'DWTS' blog: On to the semifinals

Well this came around fast. It feels just it was like yesterday that we began this journey.

I was so proud of Aly last week. I thought her Argentine tango was excellent! She captured the difficult act of playing the seductive harlot extremely well, considering she's the most innocent girl I've ever met. I was shocked at how much she improved her artistry and timing.

The jive trio was a blast, too, and, even though I agree with the judges' comments, I felt we were scored a bit low. This week, we have two extremely different dances, the passionate and sensual rumba, and the wild and untamed Afro jazz.

Aly is showing constant improvement to me every week and it's been amazing coaching her through this. Her sense of timing is so much better this week. She's really learning to sustain music and embody the musicality of both dances. It's especially amazing considering that on the first day, she couldn't even hear the first beat of the bar. For me, that kind of growth is what this competition is all about — showing constant improvement, coming out of your shell and accomplishing things you never thought you could — and Aly is doing all of those things.

Choreographing the Afro jazz number has really been a blast. It's got an amazing sense of freedom and wild abandon and it's so much fun to just let your body go. I love the tribal feel of the music and Aly is taking it on beautifully and is really enjoying the rhythmic feel of the music.

This week promises to be extremely entertaining for Aly, demonstrating two different temperaments of dance: extreme, tribal and powerful and soft, sensitive and sensual.

After the show, I'll be heading straight to the Sayers Club at Hollywood and Wilcox to play with my 8-piece band. If you're in the L.A. area, come on down at 11 PT.

And last but not least, I've released a new teaser video for my new music. Check it out let me know what you think! Also, don't forget to check out the new MarkBallas.com.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
cimcoe
cimcoe

Back to top Go down

Post by melisma Sat May 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Gotta love the blend of positivity for Aly along with his self promotion!!

I can't wait for Tommy Tune - I mean, Jacoby Jones - to dance the Lindy Hop. I bet he has never needed to focus as much in his entire life as he does for this show!! Does he take Ritalin?? (Not meant to be snide at all.) I never thought his initial A.D.D. type of personality would get him far in the competition. I get more proud of him each week!! High clap

melisma

Back to top Go down

Post by cimcoe Mon May 13, 2013 4:20 pm

:Frown:

Karina Smirnoff Sent to Hospital for Neck Injury at Dancing with the Stars Rehearsals

Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff were practicing a flip when something went wrong.

Smirnoff landed on the NFL pro Sunday, twisting her neck and banging her face, and she had to be taken to Cedars Sinai Medical Center for possible whiplash and a dislocated jaw, a source tells PEOPLE.

The ballroom pro is now a question mark for Monday's semi-finals on Dancing with the Stars..

Jones faces teen actress Zendaya, singer Kellie Pickler, soap star Ingo Rademacher and Olympic gymnast Alexandra Raisman in the competition for the mirror ball trophy.

Jones and Smirnoff were set to perform the Lindy hop. If Smirnoff can't compete, the show can provide a last-minute substitute pro, putting Jones – already behind frontrunners Zendaya and Pickler – at a disadvantage at this late date.

One couple will be eliminated Tuesday, with the remaining four competing in next week's finals.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cimcoe
cimcoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

3 posters
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum