SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - Thread #2

Page 2 of 50 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - Thread #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - Thread #2

Post by pretty jmai Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:17 pm

northernviewer wrote:Below is an excerpt from an interview with Sean. The order that he listed DWTS and meeting Cat should sum up why I'm skeptical about Sean and Cat staying together :giggle:

"THE SHOW THAT’S CHANGED HIS LIFE THE MOST?

“Definitely The Bachelor for two reasons: one, it propelled me into the opportunity to be on Dancing With The Stars and secondly, I met the love of my life, Catherine, and we couldn’t be more happier. All of this fame and attention I’m now getting will eventually fade away but Catherine and I will be together for the rest of our lives after we’re married."

Exactly. Guess we can infer what his top priority is! I would like to remain optimistic about this couple but his actions and words make you think otherwise. Just sayin'. Rolling Eyes

pretty jmai

Female Posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - Thread #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - Thread #2

Post by kitcat Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:51 pm

Could it be because Sean suddenly realized that there's really not much going for him back in Dallas thats why they both decided to stay in LA for a while? Sean can exploit his stint in TB to the fullest and make more money until the public gets bored with him. Between Sean and Cat, I think Catherine's line of work is more flexible and she can easily adapt to just about any environment whereas with Sean...i really am not so sure what exactly the kind of work he has back in Dallas...it may not be that lucrative especially if you're planning to have a family in the future. I'm really curious in finding out what Sean's gonna do after DWTS.

Anyway whatever plans they have, they're still young and as long as they keep themselves grounded and has the determination to keep the relationship strong, well maybe they can succeed.

For now its glaringly clear to me that making money is Sean's top priority. I couldn't blame him coz maybe his job in Dallas just wasn't enough for the future he has mapped out for him and Catherine. And Catherine seemed to be ok with it I think so...best of luck to them.
kitcat
kitcat

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:14 pm

northernviewer wrote:Below is an excerpt from an interview with Sean. The order that he listed DWTS and meeting Cat should sum up why I'm skeptical about Sean and Cat staying together :giggle:

"THE SHOW THAT’S CHANGED HIS LIFE THE MOST?

“Definitely The Bachelor for two reasons: one, it propelled me into the opportunity to be on Dancing With The Stars and secondly, I met the love of my life, Catherine, and we couldn’t be more happier. All of this fame and attention I’m now getting will eventually fade away but Catherine and I will be together for the rest of our lives after we’re married."

Wow is all I can say. : (
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:15 pm

All that interview tells me is he's looking for votes for DWTS. I'm sure that's who the interviewer was basically talking about in the first place. Everything these people do is look for a way to get more votes!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:12 am

I'm cringing at "more happier". Hope that was a typo.
Ally
Ally

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:33 am

I don't think expressing doubt about whether a couple from the show can survive in real life means you have ill will towards them or are being negative. I think its natural to be somewhat skeptical of relationships formed from this show. Personally, I have been a Sean fan since we found out he was on Em's season. He was on my list of guys that I liked. There were so many great guys last 'ette season that it was hard to pick just one favorite, at least for me. That's not to say I'm a fan girl. There were times during the season, I wondered what he was thinking and wanted to put him in the dog house, much like Veggie and I did to Ryan last season, when he kept inserting his foot in his mouth. But, just because I have been a fan doesn't mean that I think they will necessarily make it. I think they have the potential to, if they choose to. I do wish them well and hope they make it, but if they realize down the road they are not meant to be… Well, it won't change my life or upset me, they're the ones that have to live with the choices they make. And I will continue to be a fan of them each separately, as I've grown to like Catherine as much as I do Sean.

I think where the problem lies is that some posters (and I'm not meaning anyone specific. We all rotate around from season to season liking and disliking people) make it clear that they do not like the lead, or the F1 or the couple as a whole. So, when they express doubt about the couple, it appears more negative, simply because we (the other posters on the board) know they do not like the person, persons, lead, F1, etc. And if they continue to express nothing but doubt, it does sometimes appear that more are waiting and wishing for the demise of the couple, so they can say "I knew it" or "I told you so." I'm not saying that the poster(s) are specifically wishing for a negative outcome, it's just perceived that way at times. And at those times, it would probably benefit us all to step back, take a deep breathe and realize/remember these are people we don't know, haven't met, probably will never meet and that while we certainly have opinions and are free to share them, in the end it doesn't matter. What we think, say and do here, will not affect these peoples' lives anymore than we should let their actions, thoughts and feelings affect ours.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:05 am

Ladybug82 wrote:I don't think expressing doubt about whether a couple from the show can survive in real life means you have ill will towards them or are being negative. I think its natural to be somewhat skeptical of relationships formed from this show. Personally, I have been a Sean fan since we found out he was on Em's season. He was on my list of guys that I liked. There were so many great guys last 'ette season that it was hard to pick just one favorite, at least for me. That's not to say I'm a fan girl. There were times during the season, I wondered what he was thinking and wanted to put him in the dog house, much like Veggie and I did to Ryan last season, when he kept inserting his foot in his mouth. But, just because I have been a fan doesn't mean that I think they will necessarily make it. I think they have the potential to, if they choose to. I do wish them well and hope they make it, but if they realize down the road they are not meant to be… Well, it won't change my life or upset me, they're the ones that have to live with the choices they make. And I will continue to be a fan of them each separately, as I've grown to like Catherine as much as I do Sean.

I think where the problem lies is that some posters (and I'm not meaning anyone specific. We all rotate around from season to season liking and disliking people) make it clear that they do not like the lead, or the F1 or the couple as a whole. So, when they express doubt about the couple, it appears more negative, simply because we (the other posters on the board) know they do not like the person, persons, lead, F1, etc. And if they continue to express nothing but doubt, it does sometimes appear that more are waiting and wishing for the demise of the couple, so they can say "I knew it" or "I told you so." I'm not saying that the poster(s) are specifically wishing for a negative outcome, it's just perceived that way at times. And at those times, it would probably benefit us all to step back, take a deep breathe and realize/remember these are people we don't know, haven't met, probably will never meet and that while we certainly have opinions and are free to share them, in the end it doesn't matter. What we think, say and do here, will not affect these peoples' lives anymore than we should let their actions, thoughts and feelings affect ours.

Good insight! Everyone has right to express opinions. Just as fans like to gush their love or admiration for a particular couple, others who do not like the couple (and/or a person in the couple) have every right to post their dislike.

I am in the camp that if I don't like a couple (like Ben and Courtney or the English guy and the blondie), I don't participate in the forum cause I have nothing to share and I don't care about their outcome. I tend to join forums when I am in the mood to gush (or defend).
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:09 am

ceebeedeedum wrote:Thanks for the new thread Love_Me!

Ok, I'll start this one with a question for everyone.

Does expressing doubts about a Bach couple's relationship, e.g. not ending in marriage, poor compatibility, have ulterior motives, etc. mean you want the couple to fail? Does being doubtful = negativity?

Inquiring minds wanna know! Hugesmile

I don't think I am a negative person for wondering about certain inconsistencies with these couples. There are trolls on the ABC boards that post god awful negative stuff. What you see here, is very different IMO.

Another poster told me that she believes that the reason some are so invested is because it's like reading a book. In the end you want your favorite characters to work out and have that fairy tale ending. The thing is that we have to put down a book at the end, but with this show we can continue to write the book on our own. Some can let go of the perfect ending to the book and some just don't want you messing with it. I can't explain why I never need them to work out as others do, but I don't. I'll be like, Oh darn for a minute and a half. To me, this feels perfectly normal since I don't know them and they aren't in my life.

I love to dissect and examine the human interaction that goes on. It's endlessly fascinating. When I watch Amazing race, it's the dynamics of the relationships that I find interesting also. I let my youngest (11) watch Amazing Race. There are some valuable lessons in there on patience, inner strength, resilience, character, etc. We have some great discussions on how they treat each other and it's great that almost always, the ones that win or do well are the ones with the most of all the things I mentioned. The bachelor is less predictable. The Vienna's and Courtney's can win, so it's not a show for kids. Sorry- I got off topic there a bit. Maybe we are just a more inquisitive bunch and we can remain detached from the story a bit more?

Back to top Go down

Post by notguilty Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:39 am

It's okay to stray off topic cause we were allowed by our lovely mods to 'talk about anything' yay.

Its ironic that both Mike Fleiss and Chris Harrison are now divorced from their wives of many years. I wonder if they just want
to punish everyone for thinking about love at all.

This is another interesting article about the show and here are my favorite parts

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"This is going to sound terrible but I wasn't attracted to Jason [at first]. If I was going to meet him on the street and be single, I don't think that we would ever date. But put in the circumstances that we were, I thought he was the greatest thing to drop from heaven," she said.

"It's amazing what happens once you step foot through the walks of that mansion... it kind of warps you a little bit. It turned very much into a competition, you really feel like 'I want to win'"

Rycroft admitted that the competition for Mesnick's heart definitely got the best of her.

"But you're in it because you think you love him and I don't want to be rejected," she explained. "I really thought I did [fall in love with him]."

That's probably why Rycroft said she can't even watch The Bachelor's thirteenth-season finale when she accepted Mesnick's marriage proposal.

"It just makes me 'Bleh,'" she said. "When I look at that girl I see a very damaged girl... a girl who wants so badly to be happy. I cringe."

------------------------------------------
Womack said he had "a pretty interesting talk" with producers before he made his choice.

"I told them I wasn't going to choose anybody," he said. "They wanted me to pick somebody [and] five or six hours later I still was not going to chose anybody."

Fleiss said the show embraced the unprecedented moment when it presented itself.

"We'd never seen a guy choose no one," said Fleiss of Womack's decision. "Unpredictability is a good element in all these reality shows so I thought 'Wow, just let him blow both of the guys out of the water, I think that might be cool.'"

Hilton said that "everybody was nervous about the moment."

"In the end it was clear that we couldn't force him to do anything, nor would we," he added.

Womack admitted during last night's 20/20 special that he did mislead his final two bachelorettes --especially Pappas, who he told to expect "good news" the night before the final Rose Ceremony when she was dumped.

"I'm the jerk," said Womack during the special, adding that his "good news" comment to Pappas was his biggest regret about his The Bachelor participation.

"I knew it was going to be rough but... it was brutal. I began a bit of a reclusive. I did some self-analysis wondering 'Am I really that bad?' I developed almost a social anxiety."

When Sean was having a mental breakdown and sobbed so hard before the engagement I really thought he was not going to choose anyone.
It's no joke to decide who to marry within two months of this process. This is what he said

"You're going to see me, basically, have a mental breakdown," Lowe, a devout Christian who's abstaining from sex until marriage, admits.
"I get to a point where I'm like, man, both of these girls are so wonderful and I could see my life heading in either direction. And I don't know what to do, and I'm torn."

I can't imagine going to a summer camp, meet some people, make out with some and then ask to marry somebody. All of these while being filmed and with producers around telling me what I'm expected to do.

Going back to ceebeedees question, it's not that I feel negative toward Sean or Catherine. I question the process, I question hollywood, I question the company they keep I question the fake environment they are in and how it chews and spits out people after their 15 mins.
At the end of the day, its all about ratings and tabloid sales.

notguilty

Back to top Go down

Post by notguilty Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:41 am

I guess I wanted to see real romance and real love where the bachelor fell in love at first sight says FU to the whole process,
didn't change his mind and stuck to it. Didn't play mind games with the rest of the women, wasn't a 'lip slut' and said I love you first
to the woman he loves even if he is the lead. That is the big Fyou to the production! I guess I wanted a bachelor who pursued the woman he loved early on. Paid for her engagement ring (F you Neil Lane!) and proposes and says, "I'ts always been you, no one else"
And after filming they ride into the sunset and says Fyou again to DWTS!. Wisk her off to a place far far away from the glitz
and glamour of hollywood. That to me is the fairytale. I wonder if this will happen though.

notguilty

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:26 am

I starting watching the show to see a romance. After a few seasons, I came to realize that the dynamics of the show is too unrealistic for there to be very many love matches to come out of it. Now that each season is getting spoiled, it's not about sleuthing out the F1 anymore, so I watch to try to analyze who the lead is, their motive for doing the show, why they choose who they do and whether or not I see them as being compatible for a long term relationship.

Also have to say that since they started recycling their leads, the quality of guys has really gone down hill and it's hard to take them seriously as a guy that girls are going to be fighting over. Sean?? Ben?? Jake?? Jason?? Seriously, on what planet are these guys considered to be hot stuff and what little girl dreams of some day landing a guy like that?? 😆

So considering the above, I saw Sean as a less than desirable lead for the most part because he doesn't have a career at his age and also because I'm not into the Howdy Doody look. So I'm skeptical about everything he does and am not expecting the relationship to last as I didn't see anything during taping that leads me to believe that he's really in love with her, nor her with him. Once that Bach Bubble bursts... and it will once he's not in front of the camera anymore...I don't think he'll be enough to hold Cat's interest.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:30 am

Which un-recycled guy was better?! Jesse? Stayed with his gal for like 2 seconds! Lorenzo? He stayed with his for like one sec!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 50 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine - The Bachelor 17 - Thread #2

+60
mbs
Sprite
tigertiz
lavenderred
Brill