SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 9 - General Media - No Discussion

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 9 - General Media - No Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelorette 9 - General Media - No Discussion

Post by Love_Me Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:26 am

The Bachelorette's Chris Harrison: Ben's Exit Released the Tension in the House

Talk about an awkward week on The Bachelorette. First Bryden tells Desiree he's going to leave the show — while she's middle of a date with someone else — and then during their two-on-one date, Michael berates Ben until Ben has to take a breather outside. Finally, the men have had enough of James and plan to tell Des he's not there for the right reasons, but once the cocktail party is cancelled and there's no time for the guys to talk to her, he survives another week. Does Chris Harrison believe the guys or does he side with James? And does he think she made the right move on the two-on-one date? Plus: Why is he skeptical of Brooks?

Did Bryden really need to tell Des he was leaving during her date with Chris?
Chris Harrison: He just needed to go. He just flew to Germany and is in the house where all of the guys are talking about Des and how much they like her and their chemistry. So, when you're sitting there thinking, "I'm not feeling those things," you just feel like you're taking up space. Bryden is a nice guy, and for him it would've just led to guilt. So, he just said, "I'm going to pull myself out of this."

The Bachelor's Mike Fleiss, Chris Harrison debut new dating app

Chris definitely emerged from his one-on-one as a front-runner.
Harrison: Chris has definitely been flying under the radar. On the Western date, you saw a little bit and this week you saw more of the chemistry. It's something that's been brewing for three weeks now, and with Des, it was a slow burn. I don't think he was on top of the list, so this was a big week for him for sure. You're going to see a lot more of him.

Brooks got the group-date rose. What do you think of their relationship?
Harrison: Something interesting about Des is that you can't really tell who's a front-runner. You see her physical chemistry with people, but who is she emotionally attached to? It's really hard to tell. With Brooks, is he just saying the right thing at the right time? Sometimes I feel like he's going through the motions and doing what needs to be done. I worry about that. He's still a bit of an enigma.

The two-on-one date must have been the most awkward ever. Do you think Michael was wrong to go after Ben so hard?
Harrison: It probably wasn't a bad tactic, but I think he let his confrontational side get in the way a bit. It really became about, "I don't like this guy, and I'm not just going to take the girl, I'm going to bury you." He kind of forgot about Des. It got to be a little much.

The Bachelorette's Chris Harrison: James is going to blind-side everyone

Will this put him on the chopping block with her?
Harrison: You can't un-ring those bells. When you say something stupid or do something controversial, that sticks in the person's head. It knocks you down a few pegs, and you don't get those points back.

Do you think she was right to send Ben home?
Harrison: I do. It was tough for her, but I think she saw enough to know that something was a little off. I know this sounds silly, but the goodwill that [cutting him] provides the rest of the house goes a long way. It was the same situation with Tierra. As soon as Sean sent her home it changed the dynamic of the house. I think Des pulled the same move. Getting rid of Ben definitely released the tension in the house and made it a much better place for everybody.

This week, the James situation started to come to a head, but the guys didn't get a chance to talk to Des about it. What will happen when they do?
Harrison: This week you saw more of the James situation percolating and eventually it's going to boil over. James is too proud, and when confronted, he's going to dig his heels in and defend himself. These guys don't feel like he's there for Des and are very protective. It's going to lead to an explosive confrontation.

We never actually saw or heard what the guys claim James said. Do you believe them?
Harrison: The only thing that made me believe the guys more than James is who was saying it. The few guys that said it are very trustworthy and I can't see them making it up. In James' defense, I could see a guy saying, "Hey man if this doesn't work out"... because they're still one of 11. But when you have guys who are really falling for Des, it shows where James' head is. So, maybe he shouldn't be there. But was it the worst thing in the world that's ever been said? No. He's a guy's guy, so I can see him 'bro-ing' it up and saying something stupid.

Link
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 9 - General Media - No Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelorette 9 - General Media - No Discussion

Post by Love_Me Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:27 pm

momoftrips wrote:
DESIREE'S EUROPEAN TRIP IS CLOUDED WITH MYSTERY AND MISTRUST
AS THE MEN CLASH IN THEIR ATTEMPT TO REVEAL JAMES' SECRET
AND NO ONE IS SAFE, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELORETTE"  

"Episode 906" - Desiree flies her eight remaining men to the cultural and romantic hotspot of Barcelona. Drew and Kasey, however, share the burden of a terrible secret concerning James, who they feel is not there for the "right reasons." The guys are intent on making sure that Desiree learns the devastating truth about this man, but when will it be the right time to tell her? Meanwhile, Drew has his own romantic and emotional one-on-one date with the Bachelorette. The group date features a face-off between six pumped up bachelors and an all-female professional soccer team. But buckle up - the after party features one the most visceral, ferocious fights in "Bachelorette" history. And when Desiree finally confronts James, she drops a bombshell. Zak helps to take Desiree's mind off the drama with a revealing one-one-one date that ups the romance. But the tension is unbearable as the rose ceremony nears and no man feels safe. Who will survive to travel to the exotic island of Madeira? "The Bachelorette" airs MONDAY, JULY 1 (8:00-10:01p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Drew's one-on-one date offers the opportunity for one of the more reserved men left to let loose and open up to Desiree. They explore Barcelona, walking the ancient streets of the city and taking in its world renowned architecture. When the two stop for local tapas, this shy bachelor gets emotional, opening up about his personal hero -- his recovering alcoholic father, who had turned his life around only to now face cancer. At their private dinner in a magical courtyard, Drew proves he has a spontaneous side after all. Passionate kisses in a secluded alley show Drew's other side, but then, when the night couldn't get any more romantic, he stuns Desiree by telling her that James - a man she has feelings for - is not what he seems.  

Desiree invites six of the men to the beautiful RCD Espanyol futbol stadium to practice Europe's number one sport, soccer. Little do they know that they'll suit up and compete against some of Spain's top futbol players - a very intimidating all-female team. James feels the chill from the rest of the men, but not just for his performance. The after party features a nasty face-off between the men, as some decide to confront James about what they believe are his plans to hurt Desiree in the end. Trapped in lies, the situation explodes with a heart-pounding, finger pointing and screaming stand-off. Once the Bachelorette is told about James' nefarious intentions, confirming what Drew told her, she takes drastic steps to confront the wayward bachelor. What Desiree decides will shock everyone.  

The last one-on-one date with Zak helps Desiree to forget her problems as they arrive at an exclusive art studio for private lessons. They sketch live models in classic Spanish clothing - one model minus clothing - and there is a surprise guest model. That night, after leading Zak to a romantic, candle-lit table deep inside a cava cave, Desiree discovers another deepening connection with a bachelor who freely admits that he is completely smitten with her.  

No cocktail party is planned, but the men are very anxious. Desiree drops by and the men are both surprised and shaken by her actions. The only question is -- which five bachelors will remain to travel to the tropical destination of Madeira, Portugal, as the hometown dates are fast approaching?

The eight remaining men are:

Brooks, 28, a marketing consultant from Salt Lake City, UT
Chris, 27, a mortgage broker from Seattle, WA
Drew, 27, a digital marketing analyst from Scottsdale, AZ
James, 27, an advertising executive from Chicago, IL
Juan Pablo, 31, a former pro soccer player from Miami, FL
Kasey, 29, an advertising executive from San Luis Obispo, CA
Michael G., 33, a federal prosecutor from Miami Beach, FL
Zak W., 31, a drilling fluid engineer from Mico, TX

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:50 pm

Love_Me wrote:
Tuesday, June 25, 2013 ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -     PRESS CALL FEATURING MIKEY T., ONE OF THE MEN ELIMINATED ON ABC'S THE BACHELORETTE (6/27)

June 25, 2013
MEDIA ALERT

PRESS CALL FEATURING MIKEY T., ONE OF THE MEN ELIMINATED
ON ABC'S "THE BACHELORETTE"

Traveling on to Barcelona, the Next Episode in Desiree's Adventure
Airs Monday, July 1 at 8:00 p.m., ET

WHAT:   
Teleconference call with Mikey T., one of the bachelors, who was eliminated in this past week's episode.

WHO:   
A special opportunity to talk with Mikey T., 30, a plumbing contractor from Winfield, IL, who traveled with Desiree and the ten remaining men to Munich, Germany. Once they arrived, Mikey went on a group date to the German Alps where he discovered a yodeler who taught them how to yodel. Things went downhill from there... literally... as they rode sleds down a black diamond ski slope! Later back at the hotel, Drew and Kasey shared with the rest of the group a conversation they overheard between Mikey and James about partying in Chicago and hooking up with lots of hot chicks, and about James being the next Bachelor! Drew and Kasey hatched a plan to tell Desiree the truth at the next cocktail party, hoping the news would spur her to send James packing. But the next day a surprise move foiled their plans, as Desiree canceled the cocktail party and left everyone scrambling about what to do next. At the rose ceremony, all eyes were on James, but Desiree sent a shell-shocked Mikey home instead.

WHEN:
THURSDAY, JUNE 27, 12:30 p.m., ET/ 11:30 p.m., CT/9:30 a.m., PT

CALL INFO:   
IT IS NECESSARY TO RSVP TO RECEIVE THE CONFERENCE TELEPHONE NUMBER AND CONFERENCE CODE!

Title: ABC Conference Call:
"The Bachelorette"

Please plan to dial in 5-10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.

More information about "The Bachelorette"
"Episode 906" - Desiree flies her eight remaining men to the cultural and romantic hotspot of Barcelona. Drew and Kasey, however, share the burden of a terrible secret concerning James, who they feel is not there for the "right reasons." The guys are intent on making sure that Desiree learns the devastating truth about this man, but when will it be the right time to tell her? Meanwhile, Drew has his own romantic and emotional one-on-one date with the Bachelorette. The group date features a face-off between six pumped up bachelors and an all-female professional soccer team. But buckle up - the after party features one the most visceral, ferocious fights in "Bachelorette" history. And when Desiree finally confronts James, she drops a bombshell. Zak helps to take Desiree's mind off the drama with a revealing one-one-one date that ups the romance. But the tension is unbearable as the rose ceremony nears and no man feels safe. Who will survive to travel to the exotic island of Madeira?

PLEASE R.S.V.P. TO ABC Media Relations by Thursday, June 27 at 9AM PT:
Mitch Messinger, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Link
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bachelorette 2013 Spoiler: Episode 6 is “Complete Chaos” — Exclusive

Link
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:38 am

momoftrips wrote:
Bachelorette' bachelor Mikey Tenerelli: Drew Kenney dreamt up James Case saying he wants to be the next Bachelor

By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 06/27/2013

The Bachelorette bachelor Mikey Tenerelli, a 30-year-old plumbing contractor from Winfield, IL, was eliminated during Monday night broadcast during the fifth episode's Rose Ceremony.  

The Bachelorette star Desiree Hartsock sent Mikey home after canceling the cocktail party because she had made her mind up about who should stay and who should go. Mikey seemed disappointed Des didn't take that extra time to continue getting to know him when he had yet to even receive a one-on-one date.

In addition, Mikey was the guy that apparently had the conversation with James Case in which Drew Kenney and Kasey Stewart allegedly overheard James talking about how he could potentially be the next Bachelor if he played his cards right and looked forward to picking up "women with money" on Mikey's boat in Chicago.

During a Thursday conference call with reporters, Mikey talked to Reality TV World about his The Bachelorette experience. Below is what he had to say. Check back with us on Friday for some additional details from his call.  

Reality TV World: This week's broadcast showed Drew telling the other guys that he and Kasey had overheard a conversation you had with James in which James mentioned he could potentially be the next Bachelor if he makes it to the Top 4 and he something about taking your boat out and picking up beautiful girls with money. Did that really all happen as Drew and Kasey were shown explaining it? If not, could you clarify what James told you exactly?  

Mikey Tenerelli: Sure, so basically what happened was James and I were on the group date together in Germany on the mountain top. If you recall, [Brooks Forester] got the group-date rose. Myself and James included, you know, I was good friends with James on the show, so him and I talked afterwards.

We both felt like we had a really good shot of getting that group-date rose, so when Brooks got it, I was upset. Because there were some guys in the house I had some similarities with and some guys I felt I was opposite to, and I really felt like I was opposite Brooks in terms of my look and my personality.

So when I continued to see him getting roses, especially when he got this group-date rose in Germany, I was frustrated. And what happened was James and I were talking on the way back in the car, and I was just kind of airing it out.

James and I were talking as friends talk. What we said was, "Hey you know, we hope this works out. If it doesn't, we both live in Chicago. We'll have a good time this summer." I did mention the fact that I have a boat and we'll take it out. It was a normal conversation. There was no mention of who was going to be the next Bachelor or anything like that.

It was more of just two guys just kind of saying, "Hey, if it doesn't work out, life goes on and things happen," you know? If Drew or any other guy or Desiree or anyone I know has never had that kind of conversation when they've been frustrated with something or someone, then please bring them forward, because that would be bizarre to me.

Reality TV World: So you said James never made the comment about potentially being the next Bachelor. But Drew was pretty insistent about what he believed he had heard. So do you think something came up in your conversation with James that Drew might've misinterpreted or are you saying Drew made it up completely?  

Mikey Tenerelli: What I'm saying is that the conversation with James and I, he did not talk about being the next Bachelor. Drew was sleeping, but okay, supposedly he was not sleeping when he overheard us. So maybe he was dreaming about being the next Bachelor himself and thought that James said that, but that was not said between James and I.

Reality TV World: We didn't see you discussing to cameras or the other guys what James had told you. How did it come about that you had the conversation but Drew and Kasey were the ones shown talking about it? Did you plan on sharing that information with the other guys or Des and Drew just beat you to the punch or did you think the information wasn't relevant and you had a different perspective on it than Drew?  

Mikey Tenerelli: Well basically, the conversation that I had with James, I didn't believe it was relevant at all to bring up to Desiree or the other guys. It was, like I said, it was just two friends just talking and airing out their frustrations.

The fact that Drew overheard it and made a huge deal of it -- and obviously from what we've seen on the last episode, I'm assuming he's going to confront James on it. I never would've imagined that it would've went that far.
Like I said, it was more of just James and I expressing our frustrations and saying, "Hopefully, if it doesn't work out for you or I, whatever happens, life goes on and we'll do these things in Chicago." And that was it.

Reality TV World: Des chose to forego the cocktail party and just go straight into the Rose Ceremony because she said she had her mind made up and didn't want to put the guy she was eliminating through that when she was sure of her decision. Once you realized she was sending you home, were you almost a little offended or insulted she didn't give you more time to get to know one another at the party or were you relieved she let you go when she did?

Mikey Tenerelli: I was both. I definitely was frustrated though because why not spend another 20-30 minutes with me, talking to me, you know? If the issue was me picking up and leaving Chicago, why not [talk] about that more? Air it out a little more; Talk to me about it a little more. Give me a chance to elaborate more than just the five minute conversation we had on the mountain top.

So I was angry about it, I was frustrated, I wanted to get more time with her at that cocktail party, and I was hurt by the fact that she had already made her mind up -- that I was the guy that she made her mind up about. So that wasn't easy to deal with.

But at the same time, from what I know about Des and from our conversations, I mean, when she makes her mind up, she makes her mind up. And you know, I don't know if I could've talked to her for another 20 minutes or half hour and it would've changed anything, but I do appreciate the fact that she was honest with herself and didn't have the cocktail party in that regard.

Reality TV World: So what's your overall opinion of James then? What do you think his intentions were? Because obviously in previews of what's to come, it definitely looks like James is going to get attacked by the guys for allegedly being on the show for the wrong reasons.

Mikey Tenerelli: He definitely does not deserve that. James and I were best friends on the show. There's no doubt about it. We're just good friends and we were good friends on the show. And I think that conveniently, I get eliminated and then conveniently, the guys kind of gang up on him.

But I don't think that would've happened if I was there, because it was only James and I that were part of the conversation that they're attacking him on. So, he was not there for the wrong reasons. He's a good kid. He talked to me about Desiree and I knew that they had something good and I knew that -- I thought he was going to be a frontrunner.

But the whole thing about the conversation got blown way out of proportion and I really think that was just used as a tactic to try to eliminate someone who's your competition from the other guys.    

Reality TV World: Bryden Vukasin obviously chose to quit the show. Could you guys sense he was unsure about his feelings for Des or did that come as a complete surprise to everyone once he opened up about how he was considering leaving? And do you respect him for his decision or do you think he should've handled it differently?  

Mikey Tenerelli: Well, Bryden's decision came up in Atlantic City as you saw obviously. That's when he started doubting the process. That's when he started doubting his connection with Desiree. That's when he started doubting his feelings. So when that happened in Atlantic City, I was shocked.

I considered him to be a frontrunner. I thought they had a good connection and he got one of the first one-on-one dates, and so I heard it and was shocked. I wasn't shocked in Germany because once someone has those types of feelings like Bryden did, to me, it's only the beginning of the end. I feel like it was going to happen; I just didn't know when.

And it happened in Germany and it is what it is. But Bryden, I tip my hat to him. He's an honest guy. I have nothing but respect for him, and as Desiree talked about on the show, it is a two-way street. It's not always Desiree eliminating you and everyone's in love with Desiree. It's got to be mutual, and Bryden didn't feel like that, and he left.

He gave the other, you know, I think it was 10 of us at that time, an opportunity to further our connections and take himself out of the equation because he just wasn't into it.

Reality TV World: It seemed like Bryden was having those feelings of uncertainty for a little while and Des was clearly upset that he didn't at least tell her that he wanted to leave before traveling to Europe. What's your perspective on that?

Mikey Tenerelli: Yeah, Bryden is a very upfront and honest person, and he's a good person. So I know that when we [traveled] from Atlantic City to Germany, in his head, he still saw a chance for things to work out.

If he didn't, he never would have gotten on that plane, and I know Des wasn't happy about that. But I can tell you that, like I said, Bryden wouldn't have made that trip if there was a small chance of things moving forward. Obviously when he got to Germany, he realized that just wasn't going to happen.

During a Thursday conference call with reporters, Mikey talked to Reality TV World about his The Bachelorette experience. Above is what he had to say. Check back with us on Friday for some additional details from his call.  

momoftrips wrote:
'The Bachelorette' Interview: Mikey Defends Himself, James and Bryden (But Not Ben)

Mikey was not given a rose last week, which isn't all that surprising given the fact that he had't had a one-on-one date, and he was mostly been shown having fun rather than being serious about trying to find love. However, he was surprised.

He discussed his time on The Bachelorette, the drama that's going to unfold next week with his best friend in the house and more.

On His Connection with Desiree:
Mikey said he felt a connection with Desiree as soon as he got out of the limo, both physically and intellectually. He said things between progressed naturally, like a real relationship would over time.

Mikey did note that he wasn't sure what type of guy Desiree's looking for because she seems to connect with different men. He specifically pointed out Brooks as someone whose personality and looks were the complete opposite of his (more on that below).

Mikey went on to say his response over moving away from Chicago -- "if you're in love with someone you'll make it work" -- might have cemented his elimination because it wasn't good enough or it wasn't the answer Desiree was looking for.

"Of course I would've loved more time, and I feel like I could've furthered things," Mikey said.

On James and His Comments About Being the Next Bachelor:

It started with Monday's episode, with Kasey and Drew wanting to confront James over what they heard between Mikey and James: That James wanted to be the next Bachelor. This particular conversation happened off camera so we have no idea who's telling the truth. Desiree canceling the cocktail party meant that Kasey and Drew didn't get a chance to pull her aside and talk to her.

Previews for next week's show lead us to believe that Desiree will find out about James' comments. But Mikey wholeheartedly defended his friend.

"Basically, what happened was James and I were on the group date together in Germany on the mountain top," Mikey said. "If you recall, Brooks got the group date rose. I was good friends with James on the show -- so him and I talked afterwords and we both felt we had a good shot at that group date rose.

"So when Brooks got it, I was upset. There were some guys I had similarities with in the house and some guys I was the opposite to, and I felt like I was opposite Brooks in terms of my looks and personality. So I continue to see him get roses, especially with the group date in Germany, I was frustrated.

"And what happened was, James and I were talking on the way back in the car, and I was kind of airing it out. James and I were talking as friends talk. What we said was, 'We hope this works out. If it doesn't, we both live in Chicago, we'll have a good time this summer.' I did mention the fact that I have a boat and will take it out. It was a normal conversation. There was no mention of who's going to be the next Bachelor -- anything like that."

Mikey went on to say that the conversation was James wasn't relevant at all in terms of sharing it with the other men or Desiree, and never would've imagined it would go that far, in terms of Desiree eventually getting wind of it.

On His Thoughts of Desiree's Date with Michael and Ben:
Mikey and Michael have been the two most vocal people when it comes to their negative feelings over Ben. He said Michael handled the situation well.

"I was proud of Michael because all the issues we had with Ben, Michael kind of brought up to Desiree. I don't think any of the other guys did that thus far this season," Mikey said. "I was proud of the fact that he brought up some of the real pressing things all the rest of the guys saw and learned in Ben.

Michael had a lot of built-up frustration and I thought he went about it a good way. He was diligent about it -- he didn't scream and yell and go nuts."

On Bryden Quitting the Show:
Mikey said he considered Bryden to be a front-runner so therefore was shocked to see him leave. The men knew about Bryden's second thoughts in Atlantic City, so Germany was the beginning of the end.

"He's an honest guy. I have nothing but respect for him. And as Desiree talked about it on the show, it's a two-way street," Mikey said.

The Bachelorette airs at 8pm Mondays on ABC.

Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:50 pm

Friday, June 28, 2013 ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT - THE BACHELORETTE -- June 27th (Mikey T.) press call transcript

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE JUNE 27
"THE BACHELORETTE" TELECONFERENCE
WITH MIKEY T.

"The Bachelorette" airs MONDAYS (8:00 p.m. - 10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Photography is available at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or at (818) 460-6611.

Operator: Welcome to the ABC's The Bachelorette call with Cathy Rehl as the leader. This call is being recorded, and by staying on the call you are consenting to being recorded. If you do not wish to be recorded, please disconnect from the call at this time.

Thank you. Ms. Rehl, you may begin.

Cathy Rehl: Good afternoon, or good morning, everybody. Welcome to another one of our calls, this time with Mikey - M-I-K-E-Y; his last name is - we refer to him as Mikey T, because we have so many Mikes or Michaels - but his last name is Tenerelli - T-E-N as in Nancy-E-R-E-L-L-I. And he's on the phone from Winfield, Illinois. We know that there's something coming up that has to do with him, by the way the guys have talked. And we're going to give you a chance to talk to him about it, and some of the drama that's been going on with the guys.

So without further ado, we'll start our questions. Please remember, it's one question and a follow-up.

Operator: Ladies and gentlemen, if you would like to ask a question, please press "star one." Your first question is from (Gina Scarpa), at RealityWanted.com.

(Gina Scarpa): Hey, Mikey.

Mikey Tenerelli: Hi, how are you?

(Gina Scarpa): Good. Thanks for talking to us today.

Mikey Tenerelli: You're welcome.

(Gina Scarpa): So you were talking about the connection that you and Desiree had; and I was wondering if you could expand on that a bit, and maybe talk about the conversations that you had, and the feelings that you felt were going on.

Mikey Tenerelli: Yes, absolutely. I mean, right out of the limo I felt - I saw the connection with Desiree. We - physically and intellectually. Sometimes you hear the saying that it takes a minute or two to kind of establish something; and I felt like that with her - when you know, you know type deal. So pretty much from the limo and then everything afterwards - every conversation I had, as you see, it went well. And talked a lot about family; talked about her life, my life, where do we see it going; different things we had in common and things we did not have in common. And that just furthered every time her and I met, every time I talked with her, every group date. It progressed naturally like that - like a natural relationship would - over time.

(Gina Scarpa): And then there's so many different types of guy on this show; and she seems to have attractions to different guys for different reasons. But I was wondering if you feel like you were able to pinpoint what her type of guy is that she's looking for.

Mikey Tenerelli: It was so hard, because - 25 different guys - some of them were similar in ways, some of them were different in ways. We all had different things we brought to the table. Like I said, I felt like there were a few guys that were like myself, that kept moving on in the process; so I felt good about that.

But then there were a few guys that I felt like my personality and my look was kind of opposite of, moving on as well. So as usual with this type of process, I was kind of - my head was spinning the whole time, and I was just trying to continue things with her the best I felt possible.

(Gina Scarpa): Great. Thank you so much.

Mikey Tenerelli: Thank you.

Operator: The next question is from (Beth Kwiatkowski) of Reality T.V. World.

(Beth Kwiatkowski): Hi, Mikey, how are you doing?

Mikey Tenerelli: Good, how are you?

(Beth Kwiatkowski): So this week's broadcast showed (Drew) telling the other guys that he and (Casey) had overheard a conversation you had with (James), in which (James) mentioned he could potentially be the next bachelor if he made it to the top four, and something about taking your boat out and picking up beautiful girls with money. I guess - did that really all happen as (Drew) and (Casy) were shown explaining it? And if not, could you clarify what he told you exactly?

Mikey Tenerelli: Sure. Basically what happened was, (James) and I were on the group date together in Germany on the mountaintop. As you recall, (Brookes) got the group date rose. Myself and (James) included - I was good friends with (James) on the show, so him and I talked afterwards. We both felt like we had a really good shot at getting that group date rose.

So when (Brookes) got it, I was upset; because, as stated before, there was some guys that I had some similarities with in the house, and some guys I felt like I was opposite to. And I felt like I was really opposite (Brookes) in terms of my look and my personality.

So when I continued to see him getting roses, and then especially when he got this group date rose in Germany, I was frustrated. And what happened was - is (James) and I were talking on the way back, in the car, and I was just kind of airing it out. (James) and I were talking as friends talk. What we said was, "Hey, we hope this works out. If it doesn't, we both live in Chicago; we'll have a good time in the summer." I did mention the fact that I have a boat, and we'll take it out.

It was a normal conversation. There was no mention of who's going to be the next Bachelor, anything like that. It was more of just two guys just kind of saying, "Hey, if it doesn't work out, life goes on, and things happen." And if (Drew) or any other guy, or (Desiree) or anyone I know has never had that kind of conversation when they've been frustrated with something or someone, then please bring them forward; because that would be bizarre to me.

(Beth Kwiatkowski): OK, so we didn't see you discussing to cameras of the other guys, like what (James) had told you. So I guess - how did that conversation come about from (Drew) and (Casey) - like did you actually plan on sharing that information with the other guys, or Des, or did (Drew) just kind of beat you to the punch, or did you kind of think the information just wasn't relevant, and you had a different perspective on it?

Mikey Tenerelli: Basically, the conversation that I had with (James) - I didn't believe was relevant at all to bring up to Desiree or the other guys. It - like I said, it was just two friends just talking, and airing out their frustrations. The fact that (Drew) overheard it, and made a huge deal of it - obviously from what we've seen on the last episode, I'm assuming he's going to confront (James) on it. I never would ever have imagined that it went - would've sent that far.

Like I said, it was just more (James) and I expressing our frustrations and saying hopefully it does work out for you or I; but if it doesn't, life goes on, and we'll do these things in Chicago. And that was it.

(Beth Kwiatkowski): OK, thanks a lot, Mikey.

Operator: The next question is from (Catriona Wightman) of Digital Spy.

(Catriona Wightman): Hey, Mikey. It's great to speak with you.

Mikey Tenerelli: Oh, hi.

(Catriona Wightman): So obviously we saw you and (Michael) were very anti-(Ben) this season. What did you make when you saw (Michael's) approach on the two-on-one date? Do you think he went about it the right way?

Mikey Tenerelli: You know, I was proud of (Michael); because all the issues we had with (Ben), as you saw - (Michael) kind of brought up to Desiree. I don't think any of the other guys did that thus far this season, as we saw. And I was - I was proud of the fact that he brought up some of the real pressing things that all the rest of the guys learned and saw, and that.

So yes - Desiree, as you saw, kind if said, "Hey, you're getting a little harsh," this and that. But (Michael) had a lot of built-up frustration. And he just kind of - I thought he went about it in a good way. He was diligent about it. He didn't scream and yell and go nuts. He just made his point and went on. So I'm very proud of what he did on that two-on-one date.

(Catriona Wightman): OK. So on the group date, we saw you getting really annoyed when (Zach) interrupted your time with Des. Do you think if you'd had more time with her, you could've maybe stayed?

Mikey Tenerelli; You know, it's hard to tell. It's - I got frustrated with anyone who interrupted me - not just (Zach), but anyone; because it's just such a - you fight for such little time. I'd like to say that yes, if I got more time with Des I would've stayed. I think part of the conversation, as you saw - Des asked me about Chicago, and if I was willing to pick up and leave. And I said that if you're in love with someone, you'll make it work. And that was my answer to her.

For some reason that sticks with me; and I feel like that wasn't a good enough answer, or that wasn't the answer she was looking for. But of course I would've loved more time. And I feel like I could've sorted things. But I wasn't frustrated directly at (Zach), or - I was frustrated at everyone that interrupted me.

(Catriona Wightman): OK, great. Thank you so much.

Operator: Your next question is from (Lori Peters) of L.A. Splash.

(Lori Peters): Hi, Mikey. How are you today?

Mikey Tenerelli: I'm good. How about yourself?

(Lori Peters): Great. I'm in New York. So when you had your time with Desiree, and you were talking about having - making little snow family with five or 10 - did you think back on that and see that maybe that scared her a little, or about moving to Chicago for Desiree?

Mikey Tenerelli: I think from the conversations that I've had with her, we both talked and agreed that we would like big families. So I don't think that the five kid discussion bothered her at all. I think we were on the same page with that. I do think, though - I think she started to notice how - I always talk about my family, and about (inaudible), and my friends and things.

And I think she started, as the weeks went on, to pick up on the fact that I wasn't just willing to pick up and leave; that - and the answer I gave her in Germany was that if we would love each other, we'll make it work; we'll figure it out. I didn't give a definite answer. And I think that was really what got me eliminated in Germany.

(Lori Peters): OK. And were you really surprised and shocked when this happened?

Mikey Tenerelli: I was definitely surprised. I thought that things were progressing. I thought that the answer I gave her about "we'll make it work" was good enough. I was looking forward to getting a one-on-one; I hadn't had the chance - that much time with her. I felt like I offered enough and brought enough to the table where she would have wanted to spend the full day with me in a one-on-one type situation. So I was definitely surprised. I felt like things were progressing. But I guess they weren't progressing as much as some of the other guys.

(Lori Peters): OK, thank you very much.

Operator: The next questions is from (Kelsey Perkins) of US Weekly.

(Kelsey Perkins): Hi, Mikey.

Mikey Tenerelli: Hi.

(Kelsey Perkins): Do you regret your off-camera conversation that you had with (James)?

Mikey Tenerelli: I don't at all. I wear my heart on my sleeve; when I'm frustrated, I express it. I didn't say anything that was out of line. I just mentioned the fact that if things don't work out, and (Brookes) keeps getting these roses, life will go and we'll have a good time. All I was doing was really airing out my frustrations; and I was - I was putting life in perspective and being a realist about it. And I don't think that that had any effect on me leaving at all.

(Kelsey Perkins): Have you apologized to Desiree at all?

Mikey Tenerelli: I never got a chance to. Even if I were to get a chance, I don't necessarily think that I would; because I really don't think that I said anything out of line. And I didn't think that there was anything wrong with what I said. So basically, what happened though is at that last rose ceremony in Germany, I got eliminated and never really even got a chance to talk to her about it. If it would've even been brought up - because Desiree was a very understanding, level-headed person; and she - I'm assuming - would understand that people have frustrations. And when they have frustrations, they air it out, and it's as simple as that.

(Kelsey Perkins): Awesome. Thank you so much, Mikey.

Operator: Again, if you would like to ask a question, please press "star one."

The next question is from (Beth Kwiatkowski) of Reality T.V. World.

(Beth Kwiatkowski): Hi, Mikey.

Mikey Tenerelli: Hi.

(Beth Kwiatkowski): You told me earlier in the call that (James) actually never made a comment about potentially being the next Bachelor. But (Drew) was pretty insistent about what he believed he had heard. So do you think something came up in your conversation with (James) that (Drew) maybe misinterpreted? Or are you basically kind of saying (Drew) made it up completely?

Mikey Tenerelli: What I'm saying is that the conversation with (James) - he did not talk about being the next Bachelor. The - how - I mean, (Drew) was sleeping; but supposedly he was not sleeping when he overheard us. So maybe he was dreaming about being the next Bachelor himself, and thought that (James) said that. But that was not said between (James) and i.

(Beth Kwiatkowski): OK. And Des chose to forgo the cocktail party and just go straight into the rose ceremony, because she said she had made her mine up and didn't want to put the guys she was eliminating through that, when she was sure of her decision. So once you realized she was sending you home - were you almost a little offended or insulted she didn't give you more time to get to know one another? Or were you actually relieved that she let you go when she did?

Mikey Tenerelli: I was both. I definitely was frustrated though; because why not spend another 20, 30 minutes with me, talking to me. If the issue was me picking up and leaving Chicago, why not alliterate (sic) on it more - air it out more; talk to me about it a little more; give me a chance to elaborate more, than just the five-minute conversation I had on the mountaintop.

So I was - I was angry about it. I was frustrated. I wanted to get more time at the cocktail party. And I was hurt by the fact that she already made her mind up, and I was the guy that she made her mind up about. So that wasn't easy to deal with.

But at the same time, from what I know about Des, and from our conversations, once she makes her mind up, she makes her mind up. And I don't know if I could've talked another 20 minutes or half hour, if it would've changed anything. But I do appreciate the fact that she was honest with herself, and didn't have the cocktail party in that regard.

(Beth Kwiatkowski): OK. Thanks, Mikey.

Operator: If you would like to ask a question, please press "star one."

You do have a follow-up question from (Beth Kwiatkowski) of Reality T.V. World.

(Beth Kwiatkowski): Just a couple more questions, Mikey.

Mikey Tenerelli: No problem.

(Beth Kwiatkowski): (Brian) obviously chose to quit the show. Could you guys sense he was unsure about his feelings for Des, or did that come as a complete surprise to everyone - about when he opened up about leaving? I guess - do you respect him for the decision, or do you think he should've handled it differently?

Mikey Tenerelli: Well, (Brian's) decision came up in Atlantic City, as you saw on T.V. That's when he started doubting the process; that's when he started doubting his connection with Desiree; that's when he started doubting his feelings. So when that happened in Atlantic City, I was totally shocked. I thought that - I considered him to be a front-runner. I thought they had a good connection. He got one of the first one-on-one dates.

And so when I heard in Atlantic City, I was shocked. And I wasn't shocked in Germany; because once someone has those types of feelings like (Brian) did, to me it's only the beginning of the end. I feel like it was going to happen; I just didn't know when. And it happened in Germany. And it is what it is. But (Brian) - I tip my hat to him. He's an honest guy. I have nothing but respect for him.

And as Desiree talked about on the show, it is a two-way street. It's not always Desiree eliminating you and everyone's in love with Desiree; it's got to be mutual. And (Brian) didn't feel like that. And he left, and he gave the other - I think it was - what was it - 10 of us, at that time - an opportunity to further our connections and take himself out of the equation; because he just wasn't into it.

(Beth Kwiatkowski): OK. But I guess it kind of seemed like he was having those feelings for a little while. And Des was clearly upset that he didn't at least tell her before traveling to Europe. So I just want to get your perspective on that.

Mikey Tenerelli: Yes, I mean - (Brian) is a very up-front and honest person; he's a good person. So I know that when we got on the plane from Atlantic City to Germany, that in his head, he still saw a chance for things to work out. If he didn't, he never would've gotten on that plane. And I know Des wasn't happy about that. But I could tell you that - like I said - (Brian) wouldn't have made that trip if he didn't think there was a small chance of things moving forward. Obviously when he got to Germany, he realized that it just wasn't going to happen.

(Beth Kwiatkowski): And lastly, not to harp on the whole (James) conversation, but I guess I just want to get your overall opinion of him, and what you think his intentions were. Because obviously in previews to come, it definitely looks like (James) is going to get attacked by the guys for allegedly being on the show for the wrong reasons. So I don't know if you think he deserves that or not.

Mikey Tenerelli: He definitely does not deserve that. (James) and I were best friends on the show; there's no doubt about it. Him and I - we're just good friends; we were good friends on the show. I think that conveniently, I get eliminated; and then conveniently, the guys kind of gang up on him. I don't think that would've happened if I was there, because it was only (James) and I that were part of the conversation that they're attacking him on.

So he was not there for the wrong reasons. He's a good kid. He talked to me about Desiree, and I knew that they had something good. And I knew that - I thought that he was going to be a front-runner. And the whole thing about the conversation got blown way out of proportion. And I really think that that was just used as a tactic to try to eliminate some of your competition from the other guys.

(Beth Kwiatkowski): OK, great. Thanks, Mikey. Best of luck with everything.

Operator: You have a follow-up question from (Catriona Wightman) of Digital Spy.

(Catriona Wightman): Hi again, Mikey. I just wanted to ask you about (Ben) again. I mean, do you have any regrets about getting so angry about that? Do you think it distracted you from Des at all?

Mikey Tenerelli: You know, I don't think he distracted me from Des. I think that the time I had with Des, I cleared my mind and I just concentrated on her and I. I don't regret anything. The type of person I am, if I feel like someone's double-crossing me, or if I feel like someone's lying, or hiding things, I just have to air it out; and I have to confront them about it.

So I don't regret anything that happened. I'm pretty much the guy that called him out on a few things, and made the whole house aware of what was going on. And it wasn't just me that thought that - obviously from what you've seen, and all that. Overall, I don't have any regrets with my time ...

(Catriona Wightman): Great, thank you so much.

Operator: There are no further questions.

Cathy Rehl: OK. Thanks, everybody. I hope you got what you needed. And as you can probably see, we are going to have some more drama coming up this week on Monday. So we will not have a call next week - I can tell you that, because of the holiday. But we will come back the following week with another call. So have a good day, everybody. If you have any questions, please either email me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], or all me at 212-456-6749. Thanks, everybody, and have a good day and a good holiday week.

Operator: This concludes today's conference. You may now disconnect.

END
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:33 am

Love_Me wrote:The Bachelorette's Chris Harrison: Viewers Are Going to Fall for Drew

The James drama finally came to a head on The Bachelorette Monday, leading to a big confrontation between the guys and, ultimately, his exit. After Drew's incredible one-on-one date with Desiree that earned him a rose, he decided to inform her about James' comments last week. Des later confronted James about everything, still kept him around after the group date, but then decided it was his time to go. Did Des make the right choice in cutting him? And should Drew have told Desiree about the drama in the first place? Plus: What record did the episode set? Host Chris Harrison explains all.

The Bachelorette's Chris Harrison: Ben's exit released the tension in the house

Drew's one-on-one date was incredibly romantic. Were you surprised about how well it went?
Chris Harrison: I think people have found him attractive and interesting, but a bit of an enigma so we're finally revealing who he is and people are really going to fall for him. Until now, we were left to try to figure out if he was a superficial, perfect looking guy who's saying the right thing and now we see this guy has major depth and a lot of things going on, and it's all very impressive. Des was just blown away.

Was she shocked he got so physical?
Harrison: You could see her eyes get excited and think, "Oh, thank God." She really relished those moments of kissing and getting more physical and then when he really took her away and did the manly move of throwing her against the wall, she was like, "This is good."

Do you think Drew made the right move in telling Des about James after he got the rose?
Harrison: When he did it, if he was going to do it at all, was smart. I kind of thought that things went so well for him, why do it at all? But it's really hard to tell just how offended these guys are, and watching, it's hard to understand why. To the guys' defense, good for them for being so protective and being so into the process, but it's easy to think, "Really? Is it that big of a deal?"

The Bachelor's Mike Fleiss, Chris Harrison debut new dating app

What do you think about the whole thing?
Harrison: When you hear the guys going off, you understand, like, "Yes, that wasn't cool." But when you hear James defending himself and talking to Des, you think he didn't do anything wrong. So you're not sure where the truth really lies and the more I look at it the more I think, "OK, did he say some of these things?" Probably. Would he have said it to Des? No. And he said it to Mikey, who was already checked out, bro-ing up and talking big, and I could see James either being serious or just trying to pacify Mikey, like, "Yeah, yeah, maybe I'll be The Bachelor." It's guy talk. Des was almost a little perturbed, like, "Why did you throw this on my plate?" I think the guys should've gone to James first and said, "Hey buddy, why did you say these things? We're a little offended." And if James had been more understanding, he could've said, "I was just talking crap with Mikey, not a big deal, I like Des a lot and I apologize." Then it would've been a moot point. Part of what made me believe James was how adamant he was and the emotion he got with Des. Is he that big of a salesman that he could bring up tears? I don't think he's that good of an actor.

The guys' confrontation was pretty heated!
Harrison: I was in the edit bay and I think there were a record number of bleeps. I saw the list that Standards and Practices gets and verbally read the list of everything that was said, and it was hysterical.

The Bachelorette's Chris Harrison: James is going to blind-side everyone

Back to the group date, did you get to play soccer with everyone?
Harrison: I was there the whole day and I had two buddies I played soccer with in college, and we were on the field more than the guys were. There was so much drama we had to cut a lot out, but that guy Carlos, the professional, he reminded me of the yoga instructor from Couples Retreat. We had to cut him out because he was too sexy.

Zak's date was also great and I like him more and more each week.
Harrison: I said from Day 1 he's going to surprise you. He's a goofball in a very endearing way. I think they get along great together. I see a very different Des when she's around him. She smiles, and laughs and is carefree. She's happy around him. What an amazing turnaround.

She ultimately sent home James, Kasey and Juan Pablo. Did she make the right choices?
Harrison: It surprised me that three people were going home. We never show this, but the guys don't know how many are going home at each rose ceremony. They find out when they walk in the room and see how many roses are there. This time I was standing there when we started and you saw their eyes, like, "Half of us are going home." The number is really up to the Bachelor or Bachelorette. We need a certain number of people to carry on, but she could've cut more next week it's really up to her. Kasey was a guy she was never in that zone with. Juan Pablo was probably the only surprise because there was an attraction, but when you see the other relationships, they don't compare. And James just had to go. Whether he was sabotaged or not, it just wasn't going to work. Definitely wise choices.

Link
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:06 am

momoftrips wrote:
Tuesday, July 02, 2013
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
Next week on ABC's The Bachelorette (7/8)
Print This Document
note: To use this function, upgrade your browser: Quick Download

DESIREE TAKES THE FINAL FIVE MEN ON A SPECTACULAR TRIP TO MADEIRA ISLAND, PORTUGAL, AS THE CRUCIAL HOMETOWN DATES LOOM, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELORETTE"

Catherine, Lesley and Jackie from Sean's Season Visit Desiree to Offer Their Advice

"Episode 907" - The drama of Munich and Barcelona is behind Desiree, but she still must determine which four men will have the chance to take her home to meet their families. Madeira, off the coast of Africa, is the perfect location for her to meet up with three of her friends from last season -- Catherine, Lesley and Jackie - for some girl time to refocus on the crucial task at hand. Brooks and Desiree enjoy a one-on-one date, but a serious conversation gives her some indication of where their relationship is headed. Desiree takes Chris to a deserted island for an idyllic day, but he is very nervous about whether to reveal his real feelings for her. An over-the-moon Michael gets his first one-on-one date with the Bachelorette, exploring the city of Funchal. Zak and Drew's two-on-one date, where the one who gets the rose is assured a hometown date, turns into a real contest between the best in both men. But Desiree makes a confession to Chris Harrison that will turn everything upside down, on "The Bachelorette," MONDAY, JULY 8 (8:00-10:01p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Brooks gets his second individual date with Desiree and they drive to the top of a mountain, passing through the clouds. The couple share a romantic picnic and, later that night, in an attempt to figure out where their relationship stands, they play a game of metaphors to describe their feelings. What does Desiree learn from this revealing word play?

It's off to a deserted island for Chris and Desiree, leaving the other four men green with envy. Once they arrive, Chris suggests a very romantic gesture: the two of them will write a poem, put it in a bottle and send it off into the ocean. An extremely nervous Chris decides that he needs to tell Desiree how he feels about her that night, but how did she respond to his overtures?

Michael is finally going to get his opportunity to spend the day alone with Desiree. The excited bachelor and the object of his affection explore the streets of Funchal, the island's main city. He opens up that evening at dinner, sharing a deeply personal story about how his father left his family when he was very young, and another about a very gut-wrenching break-up he had with his last girlfriend. How has his personal history affected his relationship with Desiree? A traditional Fado singer caps off the day serenading the couple.

Finally Zak and Drew go on a very different two-on-one date, spending the day at a Go Kart track. One man will get a rose and be assured of a hometown date; the other will need to wait to learn his fate at the rose ceremony. The men compete to see which of them gets to spend time alone with Desiree first. They both put their best foot forward in ways that touch her and move her to reward one of them with a rose.

Before the rose ceremony, Desiree is filled with emotion. What she reveals to Chris Harrison about her feelings for two men makes her believe she is on the right track to find love. She makes a very difficult decision to send one bachelor home, who declared that he was ready to commit to her forever. The four very happy remaining men will return to the States and introduce Desiree to their families.

The five remaining men are:

Michael G., 33, a federal prosecutor from Miami Beach, FL

So there is a rose on the 2-on-1
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:18 am

momoftrips wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This issue came in the mail today. Here is what the article said inside. I scanned it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:20 am

momoftrips wrote:
Tuesday, July 09, 2013 ABC Television Network PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT - NEXT WEEK ON ABC'S THE BACHELORETTE (7/15)

DESIREE RETURNS TO THE U.S. TO JOIN THE FOUR REMAINING MEN
IN THEIR HOMETOWNS, BUT SHE IS FALLING LOVE WITH MORE
THAN ONE MAN, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELORETTE"  

Desiree Gets a Surprise Visit from Her Disapproving Brother, Nate,
Who Wants to Meet the Final Men

"Episode 908" - Desiree's emotionally charged, whirlwind world tour to find love comes back to the U.S. as she travels across country to visit Brooks, Chris, Drew and Zak in their hometowns and to meet their families. Her spirit and resilience has surprised the men, but she is about to be severely tested by their loved ones as she tries to figure out if she can love more than one man at a time. Are all of these bachelors ready to be married? Desiree will try and find out from the people who know them best, as she moves closer to making her fairytale come true, on "The Bachelorette," MONDAY,  
JULY 15 (8:00-10:01p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Desiree starts her visits in Dallas, the hometown of fun-loving, free-spirited Zak, whose zest for life is contagious. The spontaneous bachelor surprises her with an unexpected adventure: They drive a family-owned snow cone truck to an elementary school, where a group of children, hungry for a frosty treat, crowd them. Desiree admires Zak's easy charm as he entertains the kids dressed in a furry Penguin suit. That evening the Bachelorette is delighted to find that her suitor's family is just as fun and outgoing as he is. Zak's brother and sister happily sing their version of a song that Zak wrote for Desiree, bringing her to tears. Then to top it off, the smitten bachelor tells her how he really feels and presents her with a romantic surprise gift that leaves her speechless.

Next the Bachelorette heads to Scottsdale, Arizona, to meet Drew, whose sweet and earnest attitude has captured her heart. He prepares her for an emotional and very moving experience as he introduces Des to his severely mentally challenged sister. His selfless devotion to his older sister deepens Desiree's feelings for Drew. The bachelor's infatuation with Desiree is quite clear to his very happy mother, but what does his father think of welcoming the Bachelorette into the family? Drew make a bold and passionate decision to confess his feelings for Desiree and hopes this will further his chances in taking the next big step.

For her date with Chris, the confident and handsome former professional baseball player, Desiree journeys to McMinnville, Oregon. Their easy chemistry makes for a fun afternoon playing baseball on the field where Chris learned the national past time. The real test will be getting the approval of his overly protective mother. Will she give Desiree the thumbs up?  

The final hometown visit is to Salt Lake City, Utah, where the ruggedly handsome Brooks awaits Desiree. Although the Bachelorette is already in love with this man, he is not quite certain of his feelings for her. Brooks' incredibly large family - 10 siblings and their spouses - give him a serious grilling in private, but his mother's opinion is the one he values most.  What will she say?  

All four men and their families have touched Desiree's heart. Headed back to Los Angeles for the rose ceremony, she is faced with the difficult task of letting one of her amazing men go. As she prepares for her gut-wrenching decision, Desiree gets a visit from her judgmental brother, Nate.  

He'd like to know when he's going to get to meet her final men. Of course Desiree remembers Sean's hometown visit to her family last season and the effect it had on Sean and his decision. Now, after talking to Nate, she wonders if she'll let Nate meet her final suitors.  

At the rose ceremony, Desiree loses her composure as she says a tearful goodbye to one stunned and devastated bachelor. The Bachelorette and her final three men prepare to leave to their last exotic destination, the tropical paradise of Antigua.

The four remaining men are:
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:01 am

Friday, July 12, 2013 ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -     THE BACHELORETTE -- July 11th (Michael G.) press call transcript

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE JUNE 27 "THE BACHELORETTE" TELECONFERENCE WITH MICHAEL G.

"The Bachelorette" airs MONDAYS (8:00 p.m. - 10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Photography is available at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or at (818) 460-6611.

Operator:    Welcome to ABC's The Bachelorette call, with Cathy Rehl as the leader.  This call is being recorded.  By staying on this call, you are confirming that you consent to this recording.  If you do not wish to be recorded, please disconnect from the call at this time.  Thank you.

Miss Rehl, you may begin your call.

Cathy Rehl:    Welcome, everybody.  Good afternoon or good morning depending on where you are.  Happy to have you with us today.  Just as -- before we get the hometown dates next Monday, unfortunately Michael Garofola was eliminated and he's here today to talk about that.  His last name is spelled G-A-R-O-F-O-L-A, and again, it's one question and a follow-up and let's start.

Michael Garofola:    Hi, guys.

Operator:    And ladies and gentlemen, to ask your question, please press star, then the number one on your telephone keypad.  Your first question comes from Gina Scarpa from RealityWanted.com.

Gina Scarpa:    Hey.  Good morning, Michael.

Michael Garofola:    Hey.  Good morning.  How are you?

Gina Scarpa:    I'm good.  Thanks.  Thanks for doing this.

Michael Garofola:    Oh, no problem.  My pleasure.

Gina Scarpa:    So it seemed like you were really on a mission this season to weed out the guys that were not there for the right reasons and it was ultimately in your eyes hurt Desiree, but do you think that it hurt you in the long run?

Michael Garofola:    You know, I don't -- you know, I don't think that it hurt me in the long run.  I think that Desiree knew that I was, you know -- what my goal was to, you know, defend her and to protect her and to, you know, shine a light on some things that maybe she wouldn't know not having, you know, lived in the house with all of us, but, you know, in hindsight obviously in having gained some perspectives since these things happened, I will say that maybe I, you know, took it a little too far and maybe was a little too aggressive, particularly, you know, in front of Desiree on the two on one date with Ben, but, you know, I do think that that is part of my personality that I don't sort of act fake to people's faces and talk badly about them behind their backs.

I sort of like to, you know, hash things out and confront people to their face and give them an opportunity to, you know, explain themselves and justify their actions.  So I think in the long run, I think Desiree understood that and I think that that was, you know, reflected in her positive comments about me in our -- during our time in Portugal together.

Gina Scarpa:    And then I know it was difficult for you to leave, but based on what you know of the guys and what you've seen in the episodes, what do you think of the four that are left?

Michael Garofola:    Well, first, let me say, I mean, the four guys that are left are great, great guys and, you know, will be great friends of mine, you know, for the rest of my life.  So they're great guys.  I can -- I could -- you know, even when I left, you know, I could sleep very easily knowing that Desiree will end up with a great guy.  So that's number one.

Number two, I would say that in seeing how far along her relationships had progressed with these four other gentlemen and comparing it to her relationship with mine, there is no doubt in my mind that she made the right choice, you know?

She -- you know, her -- she was, you know, falling in love with, you know -- with one or two of these guys and, you know, one of the guys, you know, Chris in the last episode told her he loved her.  I mean, these are things that being there you don't sort of have a window into that time and into her relationships with the other men.  And now that I've seen it unfold on television, I could see why she made the decision she made.

So, you know, I certainly have no -- you know, no hard feelings whatsoever and I think she made the right choice for herself.

Gina Scarpa:    Great.  Thank you.

Michael Garofola:    You're welcome.

Operator:    Your next question comes from Beth Kwiatkowski from Reality TV World.

Beth Kwiatkowski:    Hi, Michael.  How are you doing?

Michael Garofola:    Hi, (Beth).  How are you?  I'm great, thank you.

Beth Kwiatkowski:    Good.  So Chris Harrison wrote in his blog this week that you were put behind the eight ball going into your one-on-one with Des because she already had two incredible dates with Brooks and Chris solidifying how strong her feelings already were for them.

Do you think had you gotten your date before the other guys things might've turned out differently?  Like, it almost seemed like Des was stuck comparing what she was developing with you to the relationships that had already been established, you know what I mean?

Michael Garofola:    Right.  Yes.  Yes, that's an interesting point.  You know, I think Chris obviously, you know, is the guru here and he has a lot of -- a lot more insight into those types of things than I would have in my position.

So, you know, I would trust, you know, what Chris says.  As far as whether I agree or not, I don't think it really mattered at that point, to be honest with you, what order the dates were in once we were in Madeira, you know?  

Chris and Brooks were ahead of -- you know, as far as I could tell, and this is, you know, from watching, they were far ahead of the pack at that point.  So I don't think -- I don't think having my dates first that week would've made much of a difference.

In fact, if my date were first that week, then you could -- one could argue that, you know, after that I would've been an afterthought once she -- once she went out with Chris on that boat and then Brooks and the clouds, and then, you know, so much time would have passed until the rose ceremony that maybe, you know, although Des and I did have an incredible date, and had a great time together, that she -- it might not have been enough to even -- for her to even remember how great of a time we had by the time the rose ceremony came around.

Beth Kwiatkowski:    Sure.  And Chris Harrison also mentioned that you could kind of see in Desiree's body language and hear it in her voice that she wasn't really falling for you.  So I just want to see like on that date with her, did you get that vibe?  Could you kind of sense she was a little standoffish or maybe not as affectionate as she might be with someone she's totally invested in?  Like, what were your thoughts?

Michael Garofola:    No.  I mean, I didn't, you know, actually.  I mean, I think that, you know, part of -- you know, part of the television show is that just, you know, not everything makes it -- makes it into the final cut, and I think there was a lot more back and forth conversation between myself and Desiree that obviously that, you know, watching the show makes it look like I'm just talking to her and she's just kind of, like, you know, just guessing and whatever, but, you know, she also shared some things and I think she was -- I think at the time, you know, at least I felt that she was touched by what I was sharing with her and that I was sharing with her what my feelings were and that, you know, because of her I was feeling hopeful again about falling in love.

Now, my feelings of hope about falling in love eventually turns out were, you know -- were nothing compared to, you know, guys telling her that they, in fact, loved her or on the verge or preface of doing that.

So I just think -- look.  I just think my relationship had just not progressed as far as along -- as far along as it had with the other guys, you know?  Whether or not that's because I didn't have my one-on-one until Portugal or what, or just, you know, the chemistry she felt with the other guys, I'm not really sure, but, you know, I didn't think that she, you know, wasn't into me, but now that I see the way she is with Brooks and Chris, for example, I can tell that she obviously was not as into me as she was those two other guys.  And so that is why, you know, what I said earlier is that, you know, I can't really blame her -- can't really blame her for -- you know, for the decision she made and deciding to send me home.

Beth Kwiatkowski:    OK.  Thanks a lot, Michael.

Michael Garofola:    No, you're welcome.  My pleasure.

Operator:    Your next question comes from Catriona Wightman from Digital Spy.

Catriona Wightman:    Hi.  It's great to speak to you today.

Michael Garofola:    Hi.  How are you?

Catriona Wightman:    I'm good, thank you.  You mentioned, like, with looking back that you felt you were maybe a bit too aggressive in the two-on-one date with Ben, and I saw that Chris Harrison maybe thought that Des had kind of made up her mind after that date that you weren't the one for her.  Do you regret -- that date?

Michael Garofola:    I don't -- I don't regret what I was doing.  I mean, let me -- let me make this clear:    I mean, I think there's been some confusion about this is that, you know, I was not attacking Ben for his faith or for his, you know -- for his parenting skills.  What I was trying to show is that Ben was, you know  -- from what I thought, Ben was misrepresenting who he truly was and his words were not matching his actions.

And there was no better example of that than on that two-on-one date at dinner when Des asked the question, "What is most important to you," a very open question she asked.  And she didn't ask about faith or church, or whatever, and Ben affirmatively said, "The most important thing to me is going to church every Sunday."  He didn't say practicing my faith, he didn't say God, he didn't say religion, he said, "The literal act of going to church every Sunday is what is most important to me and what is -- you know, what I want to do with my family, you know, every Sunday."

And I just saw the hypocrisy in that because on the biggest day of holy obligation -- hello?  Yes, are you there?

Catriona Wightman:    Yes.

Michael Garofola:    OK.  Are you there?  Hello?  Hello?

Cathy Rehl:    I wonder what happened.

Michael Garofola:    Hello?

Cathy Rehl:    (Sylvia)?

Operator:    Miss (Whiteman)?  Her line has disconnected from the conference.

Michael Garofola:    I think I bored her.

Cathy Rehl:    OK.  She'll probably...

Michael Garofola:    I think I was boring her.

Cathy Rehl:    No, she'll probably come back.  Maybe something happened.

Michael Garofola:    Just as I was about to get to my most important point.

Cathy Rehl:    OK.  We'll come back to her.  When she comes back online, we'll come back to her.

Michael Garofola:    OK.

Cathy Rehl:    Let's go on.

Michael Garofola:    Perfect.

Operator:    And your next...

Cathy Rehl:    Sorry.

Operator:    ... your next -- your next question comes from the line of Sasha Laferte from US Weekly.

Sasha Laferte:    Hi, Mike.  How are you?

Michael Garofola:    Hey.  Great.  How are you?

Sasha Laferte:    I'm good, thanks.  So I kind of wanted to know in the show, you said you were cheated on in your last relationship and Des was the first girl you could really see yourself trusting.  Given that she kind of broke your heart, I was wondering if you were ready to start dating again or did she set you back even more?

Michael Garofola:    OK.  I have to -- I have to clarify something that -- from my conversation with Desiree because of -- unfortunately, the way that that conversation appeared on television, it's a little misleading.

My ex-girlfriend did not cheat on me.  My ex-girlfriend and I, as I have stated to Des, and I -- this is what -- the full story of what I told her -- my ex-girlfriend and I did long distance, we lived together, it didn't work out, we -- I was trying very hard to salvage the relationship, you know?  She -- you know, we -- I wanted to get back together and work things out and then that's when I saw that she was already, you know, skiing -- with another man.

So it wasn't that she was living with me at the time and we were still boyfriend/girlfriend and serious and then she went and cheated on me in --.  I mean, that would've been really bold, but she didn't do that.  It was just that I thought that we were going to get back together and things were going to work out and I was sort of led to believe that that would happen.

And then I saw this, you know, evidence that -- to the contrary and that's why I was so devastated.  So I just want to make that clear, she did not cheat on me.  It was just that I was heartbroken to learn that she had moved on so quickly, and so thoroughly with someone else that, you know, I don't know if that now neuters your question entirely or if you still want to know the answer or what.

Sasha Laferte:    Yes, definitely.  It's really ....

Michael Garofola:    Yes.  No.  I -- look.  The one thing I took away from the experience with Des -- I took many things away, but one of the most important things I took away was that I do have that ability to love again and that my heart is open to loving again, and I thought that it might be closed off after going through the rollercoaster I went through with my ex.

And I think that that is completely, you know -- you know, attributed to my time meeting Des and going through this journey, and, you know, I did -- I felt hopeful.  I felt hopeful that I was capable of falling in love again and I was having the feeling, you know, those butterflies, or whatever you want to call them, again for the first time, and, you know -- and so I do think that I, you know, am a trusting person in general and that, you know, that I would be open to, you know -- to falling in love again and having a relationship with someone again.

Sasha Laferte:    Excellent.  So with that said, would you ever consider being the next bachelor?

Michael Garofola:    You know, I mean, that's a funny question.  I think anytime you're -- if I were to be offered something like that position, I mean, obviously I would consider it.  I mean, that's a -- that's flattering.  I mean, completely flattering.

But, you know -- and I think look; any of those -- the four remaining guys, you know, if it comes down to their selecting someone from this season rather than, you know, someone else from somewhere, you know -- from another season or whatever, however they decide, I have no insight into that, but, you know, I think they can't go wrong with any of those guys.

If I were asked, you know, I don't -- I would -- I would have to consider it.  I am happily back into my job and my career and getting back to normal here in Miami.  So, you know, I'm not sure what I would say, but, you know, anytime you're offered something in such a -- you know, such an honor and a -- and a flattering thing to be offered, I would -- of course I would consider it especially if at that time I'm still single and still looking for love because I'll be honest, you know, in my life I have everything I want except for the most important thing which is, you know, someone to have a family with.

So I would have to give it some serious thought.

Sasha Laferte:    Excellent.  Thanks, Mike.

Michael Garofola:    You're welcome.  Thank you.

Operator:    Your next question comes from Emily Newman from OK Magazine.

Emily Newman:    Hi, Michael.  How are you?

Michael Garofola:    Hi, (Emily).  I'm great.  How are you?

Emily Newman:    I'm good.  So you guys obviously all spend a lot of time together living in the house, and I was wondering did Chris, Brooks, Drew or Zak ever talk about their past relationships, and if so, what did they say?

Michael Garofola:    Did who ever talk about them?

Emily Newman:    The four guys left.

Michael Garofola:    The four guys left, did they ever talk about their past relationships and what did they say?  You know, I can't -- you know, I don't really know specifics off the top of my head, but certainly, you know -- certainly we talked about them.  We're all very -- all very good friends, you know?

I consider, you know -- I consider Brooks to be, you know, one of my best friends in life not just on the show, and so, you know, he and I have had talks about, you know, our past relationships and insight into them, but I don't -- you know, I can't -- I don't have any specifics really about them, you know, just in general that, you know, sometimes little anecdotes would come up that, you know -- like, oh, I went through that before when this happened and that happened, and we all sort of, you know, shared those stories, you know, in building our friendships.

Emily Newman:    Yes, definitely.  And if you had to pick one of the four left for Des, who would you pick and why?

Michael Garofola:    Well, gosh.  I mean, I -- you know, if we're talking about for Desiree, based on -- based on what I've, you know, see and -- look.  You know, I'm watching these episodes obviously for the first time as well, you know, and based on last episode, it seems to me that, you know, Chris might be the best fit for her at this time based on what I've just seen, but I will tell you that being there and what I've witnessed and observed, there was no sort of getting around the undeniable chemistry between Des and Brooks.

I mean, she just -- I just felt like she looked at him differently and acted differently around him.  I mean, I could tell from very, very early on, I will say, that when -- that it was just a different -- a different sort of look, a different sort of voice.  It was just -- I mean, you could just tell.  I mean, you could just tell that Brooks was sort of a front runner from the beginning and, you know, I have nothing but great things to say about Brooks.

So I will just say that I guess, you know, Des has good taste.

Emily Newman:    Awesome.  Thank you so much.

Operator:    Your next question comes from Carrie Bell from People Magazine.

Carrie Bell:    Good morning.  So it makes me wonder be -- because it seems like what you're saying now and what you -- and how you seem to feel as you left the program, it seems like there's a lot of hindsight, actually, and a bit of a disconnect because it seems like you were really, you know, heartbroken, you called your mom, you know?

It seemed like you felt like there was a lot of potential for love or that you had these really strong feelings for her and now, it seems kind of like you're saying, oh, no, but now, I'm looking back thinking, you know, no, I realize I was behind, blah, blah, blah.

So did -- you know, the whole time you're there, do you feel like -- did it feel like I'm getting a one-on-one very late in the game and this is probably going to be hard for me to compete with these other people who have had one-on-ones and who have done this or, you know, are you so wrapped up in the moment while you're there that you aren't noticing that you are behind?

Michael Garofola:    Well, I feel like this is a very complex and convoluted question you just asked me, so I'll do my best.

Carrie Bell:    Sorry.

Michael Garofola:    So just let me know -- let me know if I'm not answering the question you asked, OK?

Carrie Bell:    OK.

Michael Garofola:    First, let's address your first point.  When -- look.  When I was there and going through that moment, I was devastated and I felt extremely rejected and I was, you know -- although, I think everyone who watched the episode might think, well, obviously Michael's going home, you know, I certainly did not -- I was certainly shocked and surprised because I did think my one-on-one date with her went so well.

So when Zak's name was called and not mine, I did feel like my heart exploded in my chest.  I did feel like I was shot with a harpoon in my heart.  So I was definitely shocked, I was definitely devastated, I felt -- I felt rejected, you know?  You have the double-edge of feeling rejection from someone you were starting to -- you know, to develop strong feelings for, you also have this feeling of, you know -- of disappointment because I was look -- so looking forward to bringing her to New York to meet my family and spend -- and we were, you know, planning a day in New York City to, you know -- for that -- for that purpose and I was looking forward to that, and yes, you know, it was bringing back feelings, a flood of emotions that I was still, you know, I guess, that I just, you know, been able to completely put behind me that feeling of a -- of a girl you like rejecting and essentially choosing another man over you.

And in this case, Des chose four other men over me.  And so I was certainly rejected and that was not -- those were not crocodile tears.  Those were -- those were real, you know?  I don't often, you know -- I'm not the guy that often, you know, sits there and cries all the time.  So that was real, that was genuine.

But now that I've seen, you know, I've seen the -- you know, the episodes and I've seen where I was, you know, it's clear to me that her relationships were just -- and feelings were further along with the other guys.

I had no idea how behind I was until this Monday when I watched the episode.  As far as whether or not I had a disadvantage because I -- my one-one-one date came so late, I think, you know, there are two sides of that coin.  I think first, I would say, you know, it's nice to have a one-on-one sooner because then you feel like you get over that hump and you're not -- you don't feel like it's your first date anymore and you feel as though you can, you know, just build on a relationship that's already there and it's clear that that's what Brooks and Chris were doing and then, you know -- and almost -- you know, and to a little bit of a lesser degree, you know, Drew and Zak and at least in that Portugal episode.

On the other -- on the other side of the coin, when you, you know, get to know someone -- and I did have a lot of -- you know, despite that, you know, due to the constraint of the -- of a television show, a lot of my one-on-one time wasn't seen with Desiree, but I did feel very comfortable around her at that point and I felt like well, if there's a good timing to get a first level on it would be now in the top five, you know?  I felt like I had momentum in my corner after Barcelona.

And so I thought, you know, this could work to my -- I thought this could work to my advantage in a way.

Carrie Bell:    So, I mean, also in hindsight -- because, you know, you were having those feelings -- there was obviously enough there and enough about her that made you think, OK.  I'm hopeful.  There's a possibility of a future.  I'm going to stick with this and see where it goes.

I mean, is part of the hindsight that you realize you guys weren't meant for each other or do you still feel like looking back, like, no, she would've been a good person to have this thing that you're missing that you -- that you speak of, this one important thing?  I mean, do you think it could have been that she -- had things been differently, had you progressed further earlier on that she could have been the one for you or do you think, no?  I mean, this worked out the way it was supposed to?

Michael Garofola:    Well, I mean, I think that the fact that we're here now and in fact she did not choose me, I think that -- I mean, that can only lead to one conclusion that she was not meant to be the one for me and I was not meant to be the one for her.

Look.  I mean, I'll put it this way:    Whether it's 25 guys, 250 guys, 2,500 guys, 25,000 guys, 250,000 guys, I think the person that I'm going to end up with would ultimately choose me.  And the fact that Desiree, you know, felt stronger for 4 other guys over me out of this group, you know, just tells me all I need to know about, you know, whether or not she really was the one for me.

Now, whether or not she had all the qualities I would want in someone, of course.  Of course she did.  I mean, I wouldn't have been there that long.  If there was, you know -- I -- look.  I don't -- I'm not -- I'm the -- I was the oldest guy left in -- on the show.  I mean, I'm 33 years old right now.  I'm not going to waste my time, you know, going through this if I think, you know, I -- you know, I'd be better served getting -- you know, getting back home and, you know, going back into the dating pool, you know?

I mean, I really thought she was -- had so many amazing qualities.  I think she's a great girl, I still do, and I wish her the best, but I -- you know, I now know that she was not meant to be.

Carrie Bell:    OK.  All right.  Well, it sound -- I mean, that sounds like a healthy -- a healthy outlook on it.  I wish you luck in your future dating endeavors.

Michael Garofola:    Thank you.  Oh, thank you so much.  I appreciate it.

Operator:    Your next question comes from Lori Peters from L.A. Splash.

Lori Peters:    Hi, Michael.  How are you today?

Michael Garofola:    Hey, (Laurie).  How are you?  Thanks.  Good.

Lori Peters:    Good.  Since you're a federal prosecutor, if you were -- do you feel like you were making a case against Ben kind of like you would in court?

Michael Garofola:    No, not at all.  I was -- I was acting as a -- I was acting solely as a human being with a very strong sense of right and wrong.  I was not acting as a federal prosecutor with a -- you know, with a bed of federal agents to help me investigate.

The legal jargon and the comments that I made, I mean, look.  They were all puns and -- and just, like, sort of self-cepricating, you know, poking fun at myself, I mean, I do that, and I think some of that got -- you know, might get lost in translation, but, you know, I wasn't really taking it seriously.

I was being very sarcastic when I would talk in sort of legal terms, you know?  There is no -- there is no comparison between Ben Scott and, you know, someone who's guilty of carrying a firearm and further into drug trafficking crimes.

So any sort of comparison that was made on the show was meant solely as a joke and for human and had me laughing, had the other guys laughing, had producers laughing.  I mean, it was meant as a joke.  So no, no, no, not at all.  I was there as a -- as a human being, I was there as Michael, not as a -- not as a federal prosecutor.

Lori Peters:    Thanks.  So why did you feel that Desiree, like, no be -- no other woman would ever be able to compare to her and why did you feel that and do you still feel that way?

Michael Garofola:    You know, that little -- I mean, that was one of those things that sat at a moment of very, very fresh rejection and heartache and something that I -- something that I, you know -- that I meant when I said, and now, looking back, I realize that that may have been, you know, sort of -- in sort of the word of someone who's just feeling very sad that the girl he was falling for is now rejecting him.

I don't -- you know, I no longer think that.  I think that my -- what I said earlier was more true is that Desiree opened me up to be hopeful that I will find someone with all of those qualities.  I -- look.  I think Desiree when you -- when it come -- and I said this and I made a joke about it with, you know, saying there were 48 criteria that you look for -- 47, that Desiree has 48 or whatever goofy thing I -- thing I said, you know, I mean that.

I think Desiree, you know -- if you had to look down a checklist and I think Desiree has all of that.  I think, you know, she has a -- you know, one thing that I thinks' being lost in translation a little bit is that she had a very witty, funny sense of humor and that's very important to me.

And so she had -- just had all these different qualities and, you know, at that time I was feeling a little down, like, wow, you know?  She does have all these different qualities.  Will I ever find, you know, someone like that again, and I will say that look, you know, I'm in a great city of Miami.  There are many beautiful, talented, you know, intelligent women here and, you know, I'm from New York and there are women there that fit that mold, and, of course, in Los Angeles, too.

I mean, in any of these -- anyplace.  So I am hopeful and I no longer think that I will never find someone that will live up to Desiree.  So...

Lori Peters:    Thank you.

Operator:    Your next question comes from Kimberly Nordyke from Hollywood Reporter.

Kimberly Nordyke:    Hi, Michael.  Thanks for your time today.

Michael Garofola:    No problem.  My pleasure.  Hey, (Kimberly).  What's going on?

Kimberly Nordyke:    Well, I just wanted to ask you, you know, I know everyone keeps asking you about Ben.  I'm sorry.  One more question about him.  Have you actually talked to him since he left the show?

Michael Garofola:    Have I talked to whom?

Kimberly Nordyke:    To Ben?

Michael Garofola:    Oh, Ben?  No, no, no.  We are not allowed to talk to the other guys on the show until after Men Tell All.  So that is my -- that is my company line on that.

Kimberly Nordyke:    OK.  Well, I was just wondering if -- then if you haven't talked to him, have you thought about what you might say to him at the -- at the Men Tell All?

Michael Garofola:    No, you know?  I mean, look.  My incentive and my motivation when it came to confronting Ben was in a -- in a setting where I felt protective of Desiree and I felt that, you know, there were things Desiree should know about him before she ultimately makes the decision that's best for her.

It's safe to say we're no longer in that setting, you know, in a sense I've been fired from that job -- to protect Desiree.  So I look at Desiree as a good friend and, of course, I would always have her back no matter what as a friend, but I think, you know, she has four other guys that should, you know -- would be willing to step up in any situation and keep her -- keep her safe from any kind of harm.

So I no longer feel the same sort of motivation.  I don't have any personal vendetta against Ben at all, you know?  I just, you know -- I thought that his -- there were some hypocrisy in the way he -- in what he was saying at the time and the things he was doing, but, you know, I don't have any hard feelings.  I don't hate the guy.  I don't, you know -- I know -- I don't think he was, quote/unquote, "a villain."  I mean, I -- you know, these are just archetypes and things that people -- labels that people put on things, but, you know, at the time I feel very justified that -- of doing what I did and looking back, yes, I was a little -- I'm very passionate when I feel strongly about something and maybe my passion got the best of me in a very ultra competitive setting.

I mean, look.  You know, here is the Bachelorette, which is competitive in and of itself, I guess, to an extent, and then there's a two-on-one date with, you know, one -- someone's going home and you're with the guy you like the least in the house, I mean, that is -- if some -- if that's not going to get your competitive juices flowing, I don't know what is.

So maybe a little bit of, you know -- I think it was a little too competitive, a little too passionate and a little too aggressive, but, you know -- you know, now, I'm not in that same setting anymore.  I'm not -- and Ben and I will never be competing for the same girl again.  So I don't have that same animus -- that I did then.

Kimberly Nordyke:    OK.  Well, thank you.

Operator:    Your next question is a follow-up question from Beth Kwiatkowski from Reality TV World.

Beth Kwiatkowski:    Hey, Michael.

Michael Garofola:    OK.  Hey.

Beth Kwiatkowski:    So James was obviously a very controversial figure this season.  I just want to get what was your take on James during the season and I guess has your opinion of him change now that you've been able to watch the episodes unfold on TV?

Part 1
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:03 am

Michael Garofola:    Yes.  I will say -- I'll say this:    Look.  James was one of my good friends when I -- when this started in L.A. back in the mansion.  James and I shared a room.  I was in a room with James.  I was in a room with Mickey and a few others and James and I hit it off.  

I will say that -- let me put it this way:    Different people handle stress differently.  I think one of the ways that I personally handle stress is I joke a lot.  I -- sometimes they're bad jokes, but, you know, there are some of us that are contingent in the house of people who maybe joke too much and I think that some other people get cranky and a little bit irritable.

And when in stressful situations and feeling, you know, the pressure of it all, you know -- and I think that's so maybe that the people who joke, you know, didn't exactly, you know, were starting to annoy the people who didn't or -- so I think that that -- it was -- there was that sort of thing, like, starting to -- starting to happen, and I think that -- I look at the situation with James as, you know -- as, you know, when two roommates eventually start getting, you know, a little bit on each other's nerves and then something happens and things explode, that sort of -- that's sort of how I look at it.

I mean, there were other -- like, I'll -- you know, I'll say, you know, there were things, you know, that led up to that.  I mean, I will say, you know, the whole thing wasn't, you know, completely out of the blue or random, but, you know, in looking back, that was really Kasey and Drew's battle to fight.

And I was sort of there in a support role for those two guys because I trusted them, I trusted that what they heard at the time was true.  I wasn't there.  So I don't know if James actually said those things, but, you know, James in his -- you know, in his -- in his, you know, explanation or whatever you want to call it, in his response, I guess, and argument, he sort of admits that he said those things and sort of tried to justify it as, you know, being the reality, someone who's going to become the next Bachelor, or whatever he said, you know?

And then -- but I'm not really sure and I'm not really clear and I guess that'll be for James to handle as to whether or not, you know, his position was he said those things and he's trying to explain why or that he was misheard or misunderstood.

But, you know, looking back, I'll say that I felt very -- I felt that that was something that needed to be confronted especially if James was being very sort of one way in front of Des and in front of the camera that he was so in love and had such a strong connection with her, and then being another way when the cameras are off in the -- in the back of the bus in Munich that that's something that needs to be brought to the forefront, I think, at the time because, you know, that's not fair to the other guys, it's not fair to Desiree who, you know, was having -- was establishing a connection with James, but at the same time, you know, it -- I probably got a little too involved in that situation.  That was really Kasey's and Drew's battle.

Beth Kwiatkowski:    OK.  And you've mentioned so far on the call that you were close with the guys remaining and you think very positively of each of them.  Would you mind sharing your thoughts a little more specifically on each of the guys left, like, your general opinion on the great qualities they have that could potentially be great for Des?

Michael Garofola:    OK.  Sure.  Yes.  I mean, I will -- let's start -- let's start with Zak.  It's funny, you know?  I want -- you know, Zak is a guy that we all wanted to hate on night one because he didn't have his shirt on.  I mean, the guy comes without a shirt on to the cocktail party, and yet you spend five minutes with the guy and you're, like, you know -- it was almost like he forgot to wear a shirt and someone just forgot to tell him, hey, buddy.  You forgot your shirt, you know?

Because he was -- he was not acting like a dude that would show up to a cocktail party without a shirt on.  So, I mean, that was number one that I knew that there was more to him than, you know, some sort of, you know, meathead guy showing up without a shirt.

And then from there, I really got to know him.  He's -- like I said, I mean, he's a renaissance man.  I mean, he -- you know, he draws, he sings, he writes -- he writes poetry, he writes music, you know, he's into -- you know, he was into sports.  I mean, he's just an -- he's an all-around good guy and has a good heart, and also, you know, was supporting me, I guess you could say, and supported the rest of the guys who had issues with Ben and James at times in the house.

I mean, he was -- Zak was very outspoken about that as well and had a very strong moral compass, I would say.  So that's Zak.

Drew, there's a lot more to Drew than meets the eye and, you know, I'm hoping that more of that will come out, you know, in future episodes.  Drew has a great sense of humor, actually is very funny -- a very funny guy, good with -- you know, I think a lot of it is, you know -- you know, a lot of movie quotes obviously are not going to make it into the -- make it into the show and, you know, we were constantly throwing out quotes, and Drew was always around laughing, and more than that, he -- obviously, his hair is always perfect, never a hair out of place.

We would joke -- you know, when Drew wakes up in the morning, he looks just as perfect as he does at 8:00 p.m. on his date with Des.  So he's just -- he can do no wrong and, you know, he has a very -- he's very deep, you know?

He has a very compelling fact story and family life and he's, you know, a man of faith and yes, just a -- he's a great guy and a great friend.  Now, I would say I was closest with Chris and Brooks in the house.  I mean, those are the guys that I would -- that I formed the strongest friendship with.

Chris, you know, I had no idea that he was doing the poems all the time, but he's obviously a very talented poet, great athlete that came out of dodge ball when he was, you know, throwing these dodge balls 92 miles an hour at the blue team.  I was glad to have him on my team.

Also, was an incredible soccer player out of nowhere.  I mean, just an all-around great athlete.  Good guy.  Very goofy -- very goofy unassuming sense of humor and, you know, had a very funny laugh that was very contagious in the house, and he would sort of always say these, like, off-the-wall comments, very funny.  Kept all of us laughing.  Just all-around -- all-around good guy.

And Brooks, you know, like I said, he -- Brooks is probably my best friend, you know, on the show and will be, you know, best friends on forward in my life.  And there's just so much about Brooks.  First of all, I mean, extremely witty.  We have the -- we share, you know, the same sense of humor.

We sort of got to a point where we're sort of completing each other's sentences in the -- in the house.  I mean, like, you know, I feel like I -- you know, I feel like I -- you know, he's a friend that I've known for a long time.

Also, very -- a lot of depth to him, very deep, very, you know, sort of insightful and thoughtful about, you know, what matters most in life, you know, just a -- you know, and, you know, I'm happy to have, you know, met guys like these essentially in the -- in the house.

Beth Kwiatkowski:    Awesome.  Thanks, Michael.  Best of luck with everything.

Michael Garofola:    You're welcome.  Thank you.  Appreciate that.

Operator:    Your next question is a follow-up from Emily Newman from OK Magazine.

Michael Garofola:    OK.

Emily Newman:    Hi, Michael.

Michael Garofola:    Hi.

Emily Newman:    This is kind of a funny question.  Have you ever had a Mrs. Robinson moment and gone for a much older woman or someone's mom?

Michael Garofola:    No, I have not.  No.

Emily Newman:    OK.  ....

Michael Garofola:    No.  I mean, I -- look.  I think that age is a number.  I mean -- but no.  No, I have not and no, there's no, like, Stifler's mom story with -- you know, to make an American Pie reference -- no, I've never dated one of my friend's moms or someone.

I mean, I once, you know, briefly dated someone that had a kid, but, you know, not one of my, like, friend -- but she was young.  I mean, not one of my friend's moms or anything like that.

Emily Newman:    Sorry.

Michael Garofola:    Why do you ask?

Emily Newman:    Just a funny little thing.

Michael Garofola:    OK.  OK.

Emily Newman:    OK.  I think I have some idea why, but anyway.  OK.  Keep going.

Michael Garofola:    That's all I have.  Thank you.

Operator:    And your next question is a follow-up from Carrie Bell from People Magazine.

Carrie Bell:    I don't know how to follow-up Mrs. Robinson, but I'm wondering because the previews for the coming up episodes make it seem like there's some sort of big drama and it seems to stem from -- well, what either something a guy says or something one of the guys remains does and it seems to, like, absolutely devastate her.

And I know obviously you weren't there at that point, so I'm wondering if you -- if you have any inkling of what you think that might be.  Is there someone of the four left that you think oh, well, obviously she has this connection with this person and I think that person must say something or that person must leave or, you know -- I mean, is there any sort of (inaudible) -- having been there and knowing the guys as well as you do, do you think that there's -- I mean, do you see, like, a warning sign or, you know, do you have some information that you think, oh, well, this might come up and rear it's ugly head?

Michael Garofola:    Well, first, I have no inside information, you know?  I'm watching the show now going forward just as you guys would.  If I were hypothetically in touch with some of my best friends on the show, I would not be talking to them about the show.  I would just be talking to them about life and joking about things that would be entirely boring to you guys.

So I really don't know.  I will say for me, and this is just based on watching the last episode in Portugal, I did think it was, you know, some -- you know, some -- there was something amiss about two situations and you could sort of just pose the two of them.

One is Chris is sort of telling Des he loves her and, you know, I mean, I think Des is falling in love with Chris, but I don't think she's quite there yet and she did not certainly indicate that to him.  And meanwhile, on the flipside, you have her sort of almost admitting to Brooks that she is in love with him and definitely admitting that to Chris Harrison and yet, I think Brooks is -- was probably a step behind.

So I have a feeling, you know, that that might be -- that might be foreshadowing of something to happen, you know, if that -- if -- you know, if either Desiree doesn't catch up with Chris or Brooks doesn't catch up with Desiree or something along those lines, and I can see, you know, how that situation could devastate out of the guys and/or Desiree and then how, you know, Drew and Zak could, you know, be caught in the weight of that and that could end up, you know, breaking their hearts as well, you know?

Just -- you know, I don't know.  I -- you know, that would be my sort of educated guess, but that is not based on any inside knowledge that I know or anything.  That's just based on my viewing of the last episode sort of.

Carrie Bell:    Right.

Michael Garofola:    That's like my stand speculation, you know, as a fan of the show now and watching, you know, these guys.  It really -- I really do not know enough.  I will tell you that, you know, in watching --  you know, and these guys are true character.  I think they're all honest and genuine and I think that, you know, Chris was very honest and genuine and, you know, has more poems than Dr. Seuss, and Brooks was very, you know, honest in his assessment of where he was at, and then I expect that to continue, you know, going forward.

Carrie Bell:    Do you think that Brooks is -- is he in a place where he -- you know, because you were -- you did end up becoming this guy who sort of was, like, I'm weeding out the guys who aren't here for the right reasons, which I admire, but...

Michael Garofola:    That wasn't my -- I mean, I know.  That wasn't my -- I mean, you know -- I didn't mean it to come across.  I wasn't -- that wasn't, like, my strategy, you know, to, like, let me, you know, in order to advance myself let me eliminate these guys that are -- that wasn't it.  It was just, you know -- when I have an issue and I want -- you know, and I feel like someone is in the wrong, I like to just -- I like to hash those things out in person rather than, you know, keep a fake smile to their face and then gripe about them behind their back.  I'm just not -- I try not to be catty like that.  I like to, you know...

Carrie Bell:    No, I -- no, I -- and I certainly did not mean that as a -- as a dig.  I actually think that's a really...

Michael Garofola:    Yes.  No.

Carrie Bell:    ... admirable quality.  I mean, I was being very sincere of that -- in saying that.

Michael Garofola:    OK.  OK.

Carrie Bell:    Too many people on TV are the opposite of that and then you do end up getting just nothing but talking behind each other's back.

Michael Garofola:    Yes.

Carrie Bell:    So I actually do admire that.

Michael Garofola:    OK.  Thank you.

Carrie Bell:    So what -- but because you got -- you seem to be -- and I think maybe it's a byproduct of your job, I think you seem to be a person who does want to, A, get to the bottom of things and, you know, solve the mystery, figure it out, and I think, you know, you are tuned in to people's characters.

So -- and you said that you -- you know, you became quite good friends with Brooks.  So it just makes me wonder if you think...

Michael Garofola:    Yes.

Carrie Bell:    ... that he is there for the right reasons, that he is -- he is ready for that, like, next big step and -- or do you think that he has, you know, like, that he's maybe not necessarily ready?

Michael Garofola:    I will -- I'll say this:    Like, let me just make an overall observation, OK, because obviously, I was a little bit older than some of these guys in the house.  I mean, some of these guys are, you know, 26, 27, 28, and I will say that I was -- the first thing is that I was so impressed with the maturity of these guys because I know quite honestly that when I was 27 and 28 years old, I was not ready to get married, you know?

Even if I thought I was, I was probably delusional.  I mean, I was not -- you know, and I can say that now, you know at 33 looking back that I was not ready, and I -- but I do think that these guys are, you know -- at least they are -- you know, they uniquely believe that they are ready to make that commitment and to take that step.  And, you know, it's not just with anyone.  With someone that they would want to spend the rest of their lives with.

I will tell you I got no inkling or no red flags whatsoever from any of the remaining four guys.  None whatsoever.  I think, you know, whether or not Brooks is ready to make that commitment or get married or whatever, I mean, I think he can only answer that question.  I don't know.

But there was nothing about him, you know, at all that made me think that he was not there for the right reasons and not there to explore, you know, what could possibly be with him and Desiree...

Carrie Bell:    Right.

Michael Garofola:    ... and that potential.  So, I mean, I -- there was nothing and if there was, that would've really disappointed me about him, you know, because I do think that I am a good judge of character and that would be -- that would be a shock.  That would be a shock to me if, you know -- if it turns out that he had ulterior motives.

And I don't know.  I would be willing to bet the farm that that is not what comes out because Brooks is a genuine, solid human being, and a close friend, and I would not -- I would not characterize him as that, you know, to me, you know, if that were something that could possibly happen.

Carrie Bell:    OK.  Well, thanks for your honesty.

Michael Garofola:    No, you're welcome.  My pleasure.

Cathy Rehl:    I'm going to call this as a last question, if there is one, please.

Michael Garofola:    Did that -- did that -- did that person that was -- that was cut off or, you know, went into an elevator while I was going through my -- respond, I mean, is that person back on?  I mean, I would like to clear that up or, you know, if she's interested, but if not, then, you know, your -- it's your call.

Operator:    And your final question will come from the -- from Catriona Wightman from Digital Spy.

Catriona Wightman:    Hi, Michael.  It was me that got ....

Michael Garofola:    Oh, did you fall -- did you fall down a well?  What happened?  Are you OK?

Catriona Wightman:    I don't -- I don't know what happened.  I'm sorry about that.

Michael Garofola:    Were you bored and you were just, like, I've had enough and you just hung up on me or what?

Catriona Wightman:    Yes, that was totally it.  Sorry about that.

Michael Garofola:    It's OK.  It happens all the time.  All right.  Let's go back -- let's go back to this conversation in Munich because I think that this is -- this is important and this is something that I do want to sort of clarify.

And so in a sense, you know, I guess this is the quid pro quo here of my answering your questions and also having an opportunity to clarify something that I want to make sure is clear.  OK?  To everyone.

Catriona Wightman:    OK.

Michael Garofola:    And that is that -- and I'll repeat this one thing -- is that I was not -- what I was not doing was attacking Ben's practice of his religion or his faith or his parenting skills.  What I was doing was trying to show the contradiction and hypocrisy and inconsistencies between his actions and his words and that was epitomized, I believe, at that inner conversation when Des asked the both of us, "What is the most important thing or tradition you want to have with your family?"  She didn't ask about religion or anything.

And then affirmatively gave the answer, "Well, the most important thing to me is to go to church every Sunday with my family" and I found that odd.  The words that he said odd considering that his actions were that on Easter Sunday, the biggest holiday and the biggest holy day of obligation in all of Christianity, he was the only member of the house not to go to church and not to attend church.

So that would seem to contradict his statement that going to church every Sunday is so important.  And, you know, it wasn't the fact that it was church or whatever.  It was just the sort of the lie -- I don't know if it's a lie, but sort of the misrepresentation of who he is as trying to put himself this forward, this manicured version of himself as this, you know, southern gentleman who goes to church all the time and he, you know, talks nothing about his son.

I mean, when the cameras were off, that wasn't the case, and when he had an opportunity to go to church, you know, whether it was Catholic or German, I mean, there are plenty of Christian churches in Germany.

If church is the most important thing to him and Easter Sunday is the most important day to go to church, I would think he would've found a way to do that.

So that was the point and the message I was trying to send.  And I apologize for offending anyone if it came across that I was attacking his religion because that is far from what I was doing.

Catriona Wightman:    OK.  That makes sense.  And it took me a little while to get back on the line.  So sorry if you've answered this, but I thought you had a really, like, classy exit especially this late in the show, but we did see you calling your mom and I wondered if you'd had any great response about that, what people thought?

Michael Garofola:    Oh, yes.  I mean -- well, first of all, thank you.  I did try to be very gracious and I did mean what I said when I -- when I said that I think the world of Desiree and I respect her decision.  And having watched it back, you know, I respect it and understand it even more.

Look.  The idea of me calling my mom, as you know, there were five of us, four of us were going to have hometown dates.  Until the rose ceremony, we don't know who is having their hometown date and who is not, and I already knew that my mom had been contacted obviously.  I mean, this should not come as a surprise to anyone to make arrangements just in case my -- I was to have a hometown date with Desiree.  I mean, sort of had to give my family a heads up and I personally, you know, was not able to do that, you know?  We're not -- we're not -- we don't have phones with us at the time -- you know, at the time.  I don't think this is something you guys don't already know.

So hopefully I don't get in too much trouble for telling you that, but we're not on the phone with our home -- with home and family every day.  So that was going on and in the limo in the exit van or rejection van, however you want to call it, I was the van with no roses.  I was -- I was, you know, doing my interview and I was like, Oh, great.  Now, you know, my mom's going to be so disappointed.  I'm sure she was really excited to meet Desiree and was probably so excited that after going through the heartbreak I had endured that I'm, you know -- that I met someone new that's great and feeling -- having these feelings again and I was given an opportunity to call her and give her the news.

And let me just say, you know, obviously I hadn't spoken to my mom in a while and as soon as I heard her voice and heard this sort of sadness in her voice, it, you know -- the dam broke and then the waterworks started.  And I -- you know, you could see the purpose of my call wasn't sort of to vent or to talk about my heartbreak with my mom.  The purpose of the call was to say mom, I have bad news.  You're not going to get to meet Desiree.  So tell dad he doesn't have to, you know, keep working on the basement or whatever, you know?

My call -- dad.  So, you know -- you know, tell, you know, my sister -- tell (Cara), that, you know, she doesn't have to take off of work, you know what I mean?  That -- it was that kind of thing.  It was, you know, you don't have to cook meatballs or whatever, you know?

It was sort of, like, a -- sort of a logistical call just to say, like, heads up, you know, we're not -- we're not coming, you know?  There will be no camera crews in Lindenhurst, New York.  Don't worry.  That kind of thing.  But, of course, you know, my mom being the wonderful woman that she is and she could sense in a heartbeat that I was not happy and was upset, and so the conversation went there and, you know, she offered, I think, some very sage words of advice and, you know -- and, you know, was obviously the normal comforting supporting mother that she always is for me.

Catriona Wightman:    All right.  Well, thank you so much.

Cathy Rehl:    Well, I want to say thank you to everybody for being here today.  I think this was good and lively conversation.  This coming Monday will be hometown dates and on the 22nd, will be the Men Tell All, and it's coming a little earlier this season than it usually does.

Then starting on Monday, July 29th will be our season finale, part 1, and Monday, August 5th, will be our season finale, part 2, and that will be followed the same night with the Bachelorette:    After the Final Rose, which will air live.

So if you have any other questions, e-mail me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and we will be happy to take care of you.  And I don't know if we will have a call next week, but we will get back to you about that.  Thanks, everybody.

Michael Garofola:    Ladies and gentlemen, this does conclude today's conference.  Thank you for participating.  You may now disconnect.

END

Part 2
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 9 - General Media - No Discussion

+2
Admin
Love_Me
6 posters
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum