SELECT CONTENT

After The Final Rose - 3/11 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

After The Final Rose - 3/11 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 20 Empty Re: After The Final Rose - 3/11 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by jcrbil Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:30 pm

As someone who has moved several times- mostly because of my husband's very well paid work- and who knows many people who've relocated across the country (and believe me, it's often like going to a new country), I will weigh in on Catherine leaving her Seattle life behind and joining Sean.

If the priority is their relationship (which I believe it is) it is best to approach the move as an adventure and to jump in with both feet. Actually DWTS makes it an adventure for them both which I think is a very positive thing. Though Sean has been in LA quite a bit over the past year, it's been in a very controlled way. They are looking this as an opportunity to explore, to spend time together, for Catherine to "find something of my own" so they have something to talk about over dinner.

To enter into this adventure in halves is far less effective and can cause resentment and regret. They have already been on quite an adventure- this is just the next step.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

After The Final Rose - 3/11 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 20 Empty Re: After The Final Rose - 3/11 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by clueless Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:20 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but frankly, I have been shocked by all the concern. I understand that we all see and interpret things differently, but I just do not see the distance, something seems off, etc. that so many keep commenting on. This may just be one of those situations where it's darned if you and darned if you don't.

clueless

Female Posts : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:28 pm

jcrbil wrote:Actually DWTS makes it an adventure for them both which I think is a very positive thing.

When my wife and I married we left within days for an extended job assignment to - of all places - LA where we lived out of a basic hotel room and suitcases for about two months; I worked 12 hour days. I learned on that trip that she breaks about any mechanical device she lays her hands on and that she loves Haagen-Dazs ice cream. She learned that I like Haagen-Dazs ice cream as much as she does and that pretty much whatever she breaks - I can fix. We both learned that Hawaii can be romantic even if it rains every day that you're there and that a cool dip in the hotel pool after a hot August day is totally refreshing and probably leads to something else. It was one of the best times of our life and we look back on that adventure decades later with fond memories.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:03 pm

clueless wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but frankly, I have been shocked by all the concern. I understand that we all see and interpret things differently, but I just do not see the distance, something seems off, etc. that so many keep commenting on. This may just be one of those situations where it's darned if you and darned if you don't.

Excellent post!!!

What is right for them .. Is right for them .. Period .. I have no doubt they will make the best choices for THEMselves .. As 2 adults in love have done so .. For centuries :yes:

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:42 pm

What do you think of Shay's comments in reference to Possessionista tweets, one of them being that either way Catherine will not get married. Not sure how to take the family's reaction. I pray for Sean and Cat that they will beat the odds and have a beautiful marriage.

Mix and Match Mama ‏@MixandMatchMama
@simsslp was even funnier this week b/c she included @Possessionista best tweets in her #Bachelor finale post [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

link : Pinterrest
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Catherine is smart and Sean will deal with his sister in due course. His happiness is most important, jealousy should be no factor and I see jealousy coming from sister.

Back to top Go down

Post by mare2 Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:02 pm

Shay seems like a big fan of the franchise, so maybe she's enjoying the last bit of attention as Sean's sister before Nate steals her thunder. giggling

I'm just not getting warm and fuzzy feelings from her though. Seems like this is "her" journey. hmmm

mare2

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:10 pm

Not being critical towards Shay, but just getting a weird vibe and hope that she believes that everything will work out for her brother and new fiancee. At least he said his mom is onboard.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer23 Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:11 pm

iamreal2u wrote:Not being critical towards Shay, but just getting a weird vibe and hope that she believes that everything will work out for her brother and new fiancee. At least he said his mom is onboard.
More importantly, she has Jay in her corner! :Smiley: If he was going to be my F-I-L, everyone else in the family could suck it, TBH.
Archer23
Archer23

Female Posts : 4183

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:01 pm

I think the Lowe family likes to laugh at itself. Just because Shay appreciates Possessionista's sarcasm doesn't mean she believes its true!

Last edited by jcrbil on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:35 pm

Shay is probably just unsettled that Sean went from asking and consulting her on everything to his earth revolving around Cat- saying she's his primary concern, asking her about doing DWTS, and it sounds like she's not aware that SeanCat want a wedding ASAP, etc. She'll probably get used to this new way of life, assuming Cat sticks around and Sean continues focusing on her/their relationship. Maybe Chrystie can give her some counseling on this topic; Nate can definitely enter their clique as needed too.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:37 pm

Archer23 wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:Not being critical towards Shay, but just getting a weird vibe and hope that she believes that everything will work out for her brother and new fiancee. At least he said his mom is onboard.
More importantly, she has Jay in her corner! :Smiley: If he was going to be my F-I-L, everyone else in the family could suck it, TBH.

Very true. Give me a FIL like Jay anytime.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

After The Final Rose - 3/11 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

+55
HowSoonIsNow
tigertiz
philphan
Pia1
elyn