SELECT CONTENT

Episode 8 (HTD's) - 2/18 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 51 of 51 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 49, 50, 51

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 8 (HTD's) - 2/18 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 51 Empty Re: Episode 8 (HTD's) - 2/18 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by HowSoonIsNow Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:57 am

Jeepers wrote:
officeRules wrote:

I work in a field where I am always reading someone's body/ face and trying to get to the "why" of who they are and what they were thinking when they did that. I also work with aggressive people, many of whom have had zero language since birth and are what you could identify as "feral". If I don't figure them out, I can't teach them how to ask for what they want in acceptable ways.

Anyway, if I was reading Sean, he would be saying he has fun with Lindsay, he has respect and sympathy for AshLee, and he wants a life with Catherine but he is still trying to figure her out.
[list=1][*]

There is no human on the planet who I would describe as 'feral'!!!!!

Sadly, I have 2 relatives - 1 a child, 1 an adult - who suffer at the extreme low-functioning end of autism, and I'd have to agree that the closest English-language term to describe their state of existence would be "feral". (Note here: I am not calling them feral, nor have I ever done so. I am just agreeing that the term best describes their plight to the average person.) Sometimes not sugar-coating it helps people to see how extreme it is, and hopefully, helps them to be more outraged, sympathetic, and yearning to help their fellow man. I believe most people who are not exposed to people with this plight do not understand how bad it can get.

@officeRules and others - I am deeply humbled and grateful to you for the work you do to help people trapped in extreme mental states such as this.

Last edited by HowSoonIsNow on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
HowSoonIsNow
HowSoonIsNow

Back to top Go down

Episode 8 (HTD's) - 2/18 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 51 Empty Re: Episode 8 (HTD's) - 2/18 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Jeepers Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:11 pm

I would be/am outraged that someone would describe a member of my family as feral .. It goes far beyond calling them Retarded .. Which is bad enough. As a professional health care provider hopefully training has provided one with the correct terms when referring to those sooo much less fortunate than ourselves.

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 51 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 49, 50, 51

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 8 (HTD's) - 2/18 - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Spoilers

+79
pavalygurl
northernviewer
sushifan
Beagle