SELECT CONTENT

DWTS - Season 16 - Spoilers/Speculation - Discussion

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS - Season 16 - Spoilers/Speculation - Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: DWTS - Season 16 - Spoilers/Speculation - Discussion

Post by chaslom4 Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:10 am

Isn't there normally 12? Maybe Sean is being announced later??
chaslom4
chaslom4

Back to top Go down

DWTS - Season 16 - Spoilers/Speculation - Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: DWTS - Season 16 - Spoilers/Speculation - Discussion

Post by snowandcold Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:13 am

I think Sean will be announced at the live show finale and I am also thinking Cathereine will compete.
snowandcold
snowandcold

Female Posts : 236

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronwyn Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:15 am

They waited until Jake's season had finished airing to announce him as a last minute contestant, if I remember right. Or they did a special announcement during his ATFR. Not sure. But he wasn't announced with the rest of the cast. I think they said when they announced the cast that season, that there would be a surprise contestant to be announced later.

Bronwyn

Back to top Go down

Post by cimcoe Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:19 am

albean99 wrote:Tony got Wynnona Judd. It doesn't look like Sean is on the show. I may watch since Kellie Pickler's on but not sure if I will since Derek's back. I thought he wouldn't be. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

According to the RadarOnline article (posted on previous page) it said Sean was penciled in but likely wouldn't be announced today because there were some kind of contractual issues that needed to be worked out first. So there's still a chance he'll be on if/when that's worked out. Looks like Peta will be his partner since she wasn't pairing with anyone today and it was confirmed she was coming back this season.

Kellie is my pre-show fave, and of course she gets paired with Derek so now I have to root for him. I'll give votes to Wynnona for Tony's sake, and see who else I like once I see all the first dances. Usually I end up liking someone I'd never heard of or expected to so hopefully that'll happen this season.
cimcoe
cimcoe

Female Posts : 1154

Back to top Go down

Post by chicagoowl Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:22 am

Bronwyn wrote:They waited until Jake's season had finished airing to announce him as a last minute contestant, if I remember right. Or they did a special announcement during his ATFR. Not sure. But he wasn't announced with the rest of the cast. I think they said when they announced the cast that season, that there would be a surprise contestant to be announced later.

It would be strange to have Sean and Ingo
. Can't see them dong that. Ingo is tall, blond, athletic and hunky. Nice guy too. It seems like they would be a similar "Type" or "category." . It would be like having Dorothy Hamill and Peggy Fleming on the same season. Strange.

Last edited by chicagoowl on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
chicagoowl
chicagoowl

Female Posts : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by cimcoe Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:23 am

Bronwyn wrote:They waited until Jake's season had finished airing to announce him as a last minute contestant, if I remember right. Or they did a special announcement during his ATFR. Not sure. But he wasn't announced with the rest of the cast. I think they said when they announced the cast that season, that there would be a surprise contestant to be announced later.

Jake wasn't announced as a last minute contestant, and I'm pretty sure he was announced with the rest of the cast because that was the season Tom Bergeron announced it with Melissa. DWTS did not start the week after Bachelor finale, it was 3 weeks later (Jason & Molly's wedding & a 20/20 special aired in between) so he was able to be announced when his finale aired and still have the 3 weeks to practice.
cimcoe
cimcoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer23 Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:30 am

chicagoowl wrote:It would be strange to have Sean and Ingo. Ingo is tall, blond, athletic and hunky. Nice guy too. It seems like they would be a similar "Type" or "category." . It would be like having Dorothy Hamill and Peggy Fleming on the same season. Strange.
I was kind of pleasantly surprised to wake up this morning and not see Sean's name in the cast. I thought that might save me from having to watch this show again, for the first time in years. But then I saw that Ingo was filling the tall, hot blond quota, and now I still might be tempted to watch. I loved him for all those years on General Hospital.
Archer23
Archer23

Female Posts : 4183

Back to top Go down

Post by cimcoe Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:31 am

chicagoowl wrote:

. Can't see them dong that. Ingo is tall, blond, athletic and hunky. Nice guy too. It seems like they would be a similar "Type" or "category." . It would be like having Dorothy Hamill and Peggy Fleming on the same season. Strange.

The season Jake was on they also had a hunky soap actor on named Aiden Turner.
cimcoe
cimcoe

Back to top Go down

Post by chicagoowl Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:38 am

cimcoe wrote:
chicagoowl wrote:

The season Jake was on they also had a hunky soap actor on named Aiden Turner.

Even though it would be similar, one is a soap actor and one is a reality star, I think Alden & Jake were still somewhat different, looks-wise and personality. Sean & Ingo are almost one in the same... have a similar build, look and disposition. Honestly, I think it would be confusing to the casual viewer/voter who deosn't know either of them very well.
chicagoowl
chicagoowl

Female Posts : 449

Back to top Go down

Post by MissLittle Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:53 am

Just saw the list & the pairings. My take (be patient):

Wynonna Judd & Tony Dovolani - Actually like Wynonna, so I'm glad she's paired with Tony. Knew he was gonna get her anyway, since partnering older ladies is his trademark on this show.

Lisa Vanderpump & Gleb Savchenko - Don't know either, don't care. Next!

Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - No clue who she is either.

Aly Raisman & Mark Ballas - I haven't paid too much attention to the Fierce Five, bar Gabby Douglas, so don't really know Aly Raisman. Her being partnered with Mark automatically places her in the "don't care" pile.

Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Sorry, Kellie. I like you, but I can't stand your partner. Next!

Dorothy Hamill & Tristan MacManus - Older contestant & Tristan? Check! I have heard of her, but my figure skating knowledge only goes so far. She's paired up with a nice lad, though, so good for her!

Victor Ortiz & Lindsay Arnold - Don't know either... Moving on...

Jacoby Jones & Karina Smirnoff - Don't know him either, but since he's a football player, he'll be around for a while.

DL Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Used to watch his sitcom. Ok with it.

Andy Dick & Sharna Burgess - Next!

Ingo Rademacher & Kym Johnson - Probably my favorite pairing this season. Ingo Rademacher first entered my TV universe as Sean Hayden on "Paradise Beach" (an Aussie TV series) in the 90's. Hoping he can dance. Oh, and YAY for Kym being back, as I thought she was out for the season due to Celebrity Apprentice Australia.

If Sean is on, I'm guessing he'll be paired with Peta. Liked her with Donald Driver, couldn't stand her last season... so we'll see.

All in all, rooting for Ingo & Wynonna. Whether or not either will compel me to vote, we'll see.
MissLittle
MissLittle

Female Posts : 666

Back to top Go down

Post by Bronwyn Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:53 am

cimcoe wrote:

Jake wasn't announced as a last minute contestant, and I'm pretty sure he was announced with the rest of the cast because that was the season Tom Bergeron announced it with Melissa. DWTS did not start the week after Bachelor finale, it was 3 weeks later (Jason & Molly's wedding & a 20/20 special aired in between) so he was able to be announced when his finale aired and still have the 3 weeks to practice.

I was wrong then.

Bronwyn

Back to top Go down

Post by cimcoe Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:31 pm

MissLittle wrote:Just saw the list & the pairings. My take (be patient):

Wynonna Judd & Tony Dovolani - Actually like Wynonna, so I'm glad she's paired with Tony. Knew he was gonna get her anyway, since partnering older ladies is his trademark on this show.

Lisa Vanderpump & Gleb Savchenko - Don't know either, don't care. Next!

Zendaya Coleman & Val Chmerkovskiy - No clue who she is either.

Aly Raisman & Mark Ballas - I haven't paid too much attention to the Fierce Five, bar Gabby Douglas, so don't really know Aly Raisman. Her being partnered with Mark automatically places her in the "don't care" pile.

Kellie Pickler & Derek Hough - Sorry, Kellie. I like you, but I can't stand your partner. Next!

Dorothy Hamill & Tristan MacManus - Older contestant & Tristan? Check! I have heard of her, but my figure skating knowledge only goes so far. She's paired up with a nice lad, though, so good for her!

Victor Ortiz & Lindsay Arnold - Don't know either... Moving on...

Jacoby Jones & Karina Smirnoff - Don't know him either, but since he's a football player, he'll be around for a while.

DL Hughley & Cheryl Burke - Used to watch his sitcom. Ok with it.

Andy Dick & Sharna Burgess - Next!

Ingo Rademacher & Kym Johnson - Probably my favorite pairing this season. Ingo Rademacher first entered my TV universe as Sean Hayden on "Paradise Beach" (an Aussie TV series) in the 90's. Hoping he can dance. Oh, and YAY for Kym being back, as I thought she was out for the season due to Celebrity Apprentice Australia.

If Sean is on, I'm guessing he'll be paired with Peta. Liked her with Donald Driver, couldn't stand her last season... so we'll see.

All in all, rooting for Ingo & Wynonna. Whether or not either will compel me to vote, we'll see.

I'm glad Kym is back too. She wasn't originally going to come back this season because of Celebrity Apprentice Australia, but then she got voted off (or fired I guess) early so she ended up being available for DWTS afterall. I've don't know Ingo but did watch an interview he did on The Chew and he seems likeable, and Kym is so sweet and one of the best female choreographers so they could be a team I'll end up rooting for.

I'm already seeing some "Poor Tony" posts like he gets nearly every season, and on his FB page there's a comment by management that says if you can't be positive about Tony's partner please don't post and negativity will be deleted. Aww, that makes me feel bad that people are going there to post negative things. No Wynonna is not going to win, but I think she'll have a decent fanbase and can stay in for a bit. I hope she'll surprise and show some nice dance ability. At least she's not a trainwreck partner like Andy Dick - Poor Sharna!!
cimcoe
cimcoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS - Season 16 - Spoilers/Speculation - Discussion

+29
NCGalBecca
Patsfan25
copyman12
Ladybug82
atem